• 157 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Jaytech10
  • Topic is favorited by 11 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

26BB7308-A618-4CD2-AD33-18B8265E5538 (resized).jpeg
munch_the_scream_invitations-rc6c699e07c1746f7be1f1ca8e7dd7027_zk91q_704 (resized).jpg
Unknown (resized).jpg
download (resized).jpg
ada23b3730f8b7d52518a9571d2bf2f080e50d72 (resized).jpg
ff81d66e15935f7896f55f25da0740bce0ed3590 (resized).jpg
23f0d9c1a5a69e17de3d5d79db7d74557058e630 (resized).jpg
IMG_3831 (resized).JPG
image-18 (resized).jpg
sub-buzz-7165-1476217730-1 (resized).jpg
fkrCCfd (resized).png
Titanic-slot-machine-las-vegas (resized).jpg
The_Pabst_Can_Crusher (resized).jpg
t mobile (resized).jpg
ui7fi (resized).jpg
blue (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider volcanodiver.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#64 7 years ago
Quoted from dung:

My opinion? Its overpriced. It has a theme that is 10 years out of date which most likely speaks to Pat Lawlor's age.

And how up to date is stern? Batman 66 50 years, aerosmith 30 years, metallica 25 years, acdc 25 years, ghostbusters 30 years? Movie games coming a year or more after the movie, then another year for the code? Some of those games are fun despite being well out of date themes.

#91 7 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Metallica is 35 years old.
ACDC is 43 years old
Aerosmith 45 years old.
X-Men is 53 years old. Doesn't mean it's a bad theme.
IMO a cell phone is never a good theme. Why not have a pin about Titter or Facebook?

Exactly the point, dung said why make something based on something out of date. Stern does it all the time and some of it is good in spite of being out of date. The dates I used were not from their inceptions, but rather the last time they were relevant.

#147 7 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I'd argue ACDC is still relevant, did you catch the iPhone commercial with 'Thunderstruck' song?
Back in black is very popular one of the most popular rock songs of all time. I'd argue that the elevation of comic movies beyond SM or Batman which had been around for decades, was the first 'Iron Man' which led off with Back in black.
I hear 'Hells Bells' all the time during NFL games (not as much as Welcome to the jungle) but these classic rock songs are still around.
I'd dare say 20 years from now more people will know the classics Aerosmith or AcDc songs than the Adele or Taylor Swift pop songs IMO

so did you just use a cell phone (out of date thing supposedly) commercial to push the point that ACDC is not out of date? I have not problems with ACDC or aerosmith, the games are fun regardless of the out of date themes.
I can only hope that they are more known in 20 years than swift and adele.

#149 7 years ago
Quoted from dougram69:

Scale is all messed up as well. Drones tiny compared to electric guy, and scale between two figures on playfield are completely off. Play is weak as compared to other Lawlor titles. I was more impressed with the infrastructure / cabinet build than I was of the game. I tried it several times and the game is weak. Probably worst of all Lawlor titles.

the drones are pretty in scale to the drac track guy. Ever see a full size one they can be wider than a person, just like the ones on the game are. If anything they are overscale not under. As for the woman in back shes supposed to be a 50 foot tall robot come to life. sizing is perfect. I'll admit both sculptures are weak though, a little too kids toy looking to me, but whatever. I'm not bothered by it.

#165 7 years ago
Quoted from Euchrid:

No, there's nothing sexy about a cell phone.

you're not looking at the right sites on your phone then.

#166 7 years ago
Quoted from Plungemaster:

If you don't understand a phone has less attraction than for example castles, knights, dragons, monsters, vulcanos, tsunamis, earthquakes, ghost houses, oceans, deepspace, jungle, sahara, rollercoasters, thiefs, trains, end of the world, etc etc etc, you will never understand why this pin will sell way less than it should be.

this game has several of those things you just listed as awesome as modes. The "phone" just tells you that its happening.

#167 7 years ago
Quoted from rai:

What's next after Dialed In? 'Log on' or 'Full Tank'?

not a fan of metallica then, huh? Gotta fill the fuel gauge.

#246 7 years ago
Quoted from wayout440:

Hmmmm, lemme see. Toy Story: huge box office success, eight Annie Awards including "Best Animated Feature" and many other countless awards and accolades, major franchise. Pretty much qualified to be included in with pinball as much as any comic book character, The Simpsons, The Flinstones.... and you get my point.

and 21 years too late.

#249 7 years ago
Quoted from wayout440:

So?...Alien is 37 years too late, what's your point?

the original post i referred to was bitching about the phone and that its an out of date theme. the theme age is irrelevant, although cell phones are common and not actually out of date. If it had a motorola brick on the PF, that would be out of date. Alien is also out of date, but it don't matter if the game is good.

#314 7 years ago
Quoted from wayout440:

Just wondering who else at Expo might be able to confirm this happened, or if the statement is just an exaggeration.

its crap, some left to go to the alien reveal across the parking lot though but that was an issue of 2 of the biggest things happening at once.

#315 7 years ago
Quoted from trunchbull:

The presentation was just awful. I love JJP, I love Pat Lawlor, and I'm excited to play DI but it couldn't have been more on the wrong foot. Jack babbling about new cabinets, Lawlor's odd, rambling autobiography, that crummy Powerpoint slideshow, then the misplaced focus on the tech features rather than a concise overview of the game itself. I understand wanting to hold off on revealing the game but oy, that lead-up. It felt totally unrehearsed and I felt really bad for them.

agreed it was really done poorly, it wasn't even powerpoint it a was a scrolling document on the screen, really awkward. They forgot to bring the flier to the reveal and had to run to get them afterward. There was a ton of people at the end crowding the machines though. Ther actually was cheering during parts of the reveal, but to be honest it was a business reveal, not something that would be cheered normally anyway.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Sacramento, CA
$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

7,275 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Olanta, PA
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 22.50
5,640 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Worcester, MA
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Flipper Parts
FlipMods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider volcanodiver.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-is-not-awesome-pat-lawlor-failed-us?tu=volcanodiver and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.