• 157 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Jaytech10
  • Topic is favorited by 11 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

26BB7308-A618-4CD2-AD33-18B8265E5538 (resized).jpeg
munch_the_scream_invitations-rc6c699e07c1746f7be1f1ca8e7dd7027_zk91q_704 (resized).jpg
Unknown (resized).jpg
download (resized).jpg
ada23b3730f8b7d52518a9571d2bf2f080e50d72 (resized).jpg
ff81d66e15935f7896f55f25da0740bce0ed3590 (resized).jpg
23f0d9c1a5a69e17de3d5d79db7d74557058e630 (resized).jpg
IMG_3831 (resized).JPG
image-18 (resized).jpg
sub-buzz-7165-1476217730-1 (resized).jpg
fkrCCfd (resized).png
Titanic-slot-machine-las-vegas (resized).jpg
The_Pabst_Can_Crusher (resized).jpg
t mobile (resized).jpg
ui7fi (resized).jpg
blue (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballomatic.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#9 7 years ago

One of the best games to come out in a long time IMHO. It's true that every title doesn't appeal to everyone so here we are. There will be another Pat Lawlor game and we shall see how you feel about that one.

#40 7 years ago

Wow, hate much?
Horrible movies notwithstanding, Hobbit is selling very nicely, thank you.
Dialed In not for you? Too bad, but there will be other games you may like better.

#48 7 years ago

Wow
So maybe dung is an appropriate name for you, huh?
My opinion is worthless, is it? Well excuse me for having one. I didn't realize I had to clear it with you first.

#51 7 years ago

Where do you come off attacking me?
What's your problem?
I'd venture to say I've forgotten more about pinball in my life than you will ever learn, and I graduated Summa from college. You want to get personal? What's the deal because I liked Dialed In and you don't?

#58 7 years ago

Look I largely agree with your point about hype and such, but I assume tact isn't one of your strengths? Don't go calling my opinion worthless and me dumb, okay?
Obviously we don't know each other but I have a sneaky suspicion that if we did we'd get along fine.

#61 7 years ago

As to Dialed In, I played it extensively and it has a charm that's been missing IMHO from pinball for quite some time. Perhaps that speaks to my age as well as Pat Lawlor's. Even with the partial code, it shoots so nicely and feels so good in my hands. It's a pastiche of Lawlor and Youssi through the years. You have the skyway ramp revisited, the reverse angle Funhouse skill shot, the NGG side ramp with the TZ camera shot below it. The kickback angle reminds me of NGG, plus of course the RS references. Heck there's even a small Pinbot playfield with no scoring switches. The game feels so much better than, to pick a game at random, Hobbit ever could. I don't dislike Hobbit, mind you, but IMHO Dialed has a chance to be something truly special. Could it flop due to price and theme? Of course it could, but I didn't say it would be the best selling game of all time, I said I thought it was one of the best games to come out in a long time. I've been doing this pinball thing long enough to know not to throw around platitudes like that, but that's how it grabbed me. Disagree? Cool. But my opinion is hardly worthless, okay?

#93 7 years ago

It'll be at Freeplay Florida for sure

#163 7 years ago

Suppose the next two pins are licensed themes? Would that please people?

#200 7 years ago

I like Avatar - not Sterns best or biggest selling title.

#269 7 years ago

Nice to know that people are excited enough to wonder about who is designing game 4 and what the theme is, considering that game 2 is still rolling down the production line and game 1 is still being made also.
Fun times!

#272 7 years ago

Pat is definitely not done no matter what, that I promise you.

#287 7 years ago

After 93 - so road show, gofers, safecracker, monopoly are all crap? Not to mention the others? Gotcha.

#339 7 years ago

A guess for total sales at 550 is not realistic at this point. The criticism of Hobbit has been heavy from the start and in some cases justified, but at this point the only thing that will probably be true in the end when it comes to Hobbit is that it will not surpass WOZ in terms of overall sales. Of course it could do so, but tracking the numbers and keeping in mind that WOZ has an additional small run in progress at the moment, it seems most unlikely. That said, Dialed In, which as you are aware is being sold using a different price model and thus leaves itself open to the haters chanting "it's only a small refundable deposit", has generated so many orders despite appearing at one show and on one Buffalo Pinball program that for it to fail to sell even 1000 units at this point (barring catastrophe) is whatever the opposite of wishful thinking is known as here in the land ripe with negativity.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 22.50
7,275 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Olanta, PA
Electronics
Skillshot Combo

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Sacramento, CA
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Martinez, GA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballomatic.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-is-not-awesome-pat-lawlor-failed-us?tu=pinballomatic and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.