• 157 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Jaytech10
  • Topic is favorited by 11 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

26BB7308-A618-4CD2-AD33-18B8265E5538 (resized).jpeg
munch_the_scream_invitations-rc6c699e07c1746f7be1f1ca8e7dd7027_zk91q_704 (resized).jpg
Unknown (resized).jpg
download (resized).jpg
ada23b3730f8b7d52518a9571d2bf2f080e50d72 (resized).jpg
ff81d66e15935f7896f55f25da0740bce0ed3590 (resized).jpg
23f0d9c1a5a69e17de3d5d79db7d74557058e630 (resized).jpg
IMG_3831 (resized).JPG
image-18 (resized).jpg
sub-buzz-7165-1476217730-1 (resized).jpg
fkrCCfd (resized).png
Titanic-slot-machine-las-vegas (resized).jpg
The_Pabst_Can_Crusher (resized).jpg
t mobile (resized).jpg
ui7fi (resized).jpg
blue (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider o-din.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#52 7 years ago
Quoted from trunchbull:

Maybe there should be an alternate edition for pinsiders, where the guy on the playfield is a woman with her tits out, and the little guy on a stick is a woman with her tits out, and the big statue is still a woman, but she has her tits out. JJP hire me!!!

Sounds good to me!

#97 7 years ago

Other people's opinions don't really have an affect on me, even if I agree with some of what they are saying. But I wouldn't say it was a fail if I am not forced to buy it.

#117 7 years ago
Quoted from Euchrid:

Back when pinball was at its height games reflected current pop culture, not shit that was 30 year previous.

Then they really missed this opportunity back in the day.

200_s (resized).png200_s (resized).png

#125 7 years ago
Quoted from Cornelius:

I will repeat: why do you care what I say or do, unless you're one of the people I'm referring to?
I'm not going to go around with you anymore. I'm sure i'll be the one getting touched with the banstick if I keep it up.

Sanbiki_no_saru (resized).jpgSanbiki_no_saru (resized).jpg

#132 7 years ago

I come here for the pinball information, but stay for the entertainment.

#143 7 years ago
Quoted from Euchrid:

a lot of EM themes, and art especially, are totally underwhelming.

If you think beautiful scantily clad women are more underwhelming than a cell phone, then yes.

#150 7 years ago
Quoted from Euchrid:

It's not like art "technology" is so much more advanced that EMs could not have had cool pictures of demons, Devils, flames,

fireball_1 (resized).jpgfireball_1 (resized).jpg

#153 7 years ago
Quoted from Euchrid:

That's the problem. Too many barns, poker cards and ice skating, not enough "scantily clad women".

I don't know what games you are buying, but that does sound like some pretty weak selections.

#156 7 years ago
Quoted from Euchrid:

I only wish more EM art looked like that instead of this:

I'll pass on that one. Thousands of titles and you pick that.

#161 7 years ago
Quoted from Euchrid:

Yeah, o-din..the exception does not prove your point.

And what point? How many recent games have beautiful, scantily clad women on them?

#173 7 years ago
Quoted from Euchrid:

None, unfortunately, but I thought your point was EMs have that kinda art.

Many of them do. Including the oldest machine I own.

image-3 (resized).jpgimage-3 (resized).jpg

Hot chick with bow and arrow>lame dude with cell phone

#176 7 years ago

I think if it was a hot chick holding the cell phone, this would be getting a whole different response.

#186 7 years ago

I think you've just given an inspiration for the next licensed theme to appeal to the same demographic.

#188 7 years ago

You want to know what kids are really into today? Extreme sports and rave parties.

#191 7 years ago
Quoted from mbaumle:

On a serious note, I know a lot of people my age are really into yoga and hiking.

You sound older than me now. I'll take surfing and skating myself. Yes my legs and arms can still do it. And I still have never owned a cell phone.

#193 7 years ago

It's still not too late to fix it.

download (1) (resized).jpgdownload (1) (resized).jpg

#198 7 years ago
Quoted from statsdoc:

I am imagining this same pin created decades ago with the guy holding up a TI calculator

I am imagining that would have been at least as popular a choice.

#202 7 years ago

I do appreciate that they are making pinball machines for other walks of life now.

I wasn't born glued to a cell phone, but it appears in day to day life many are.

I've got people coming in the shop waving two of those things now.

#205 7 years ago
Quoted from Cornelius:

I just don't understand why people wouldn't love the shit out of this technology!

For one, I don't like carrying things around in my pocket that can cause discomfort or can get lost or broken.

Second, I don't care for most of the calls I get at home, and I sure wouldn't want to be bothered with them when out on the road.

Third, it is money that I would rather spend on something else.

#214 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I don't care for most of the calls I get at home, and I sure wouldn't want to be bothered with them when out on the road.

Speaking of which, I just get home and the phone is ringing and I run inside. After I say hello four times, finally I hear this "Hi, can I speak to the homeowner?" I say " I don't know you, don't call back!"

I spend enough time staring at the screen at work, I don't need another annoyance to carry in my pocket at all times. Me time is me time. Period!

And people that carry these phones oblivious to everything else around them look like a bunch of idiots to me.

#219 7 years ago

Cell phone users probably cause more highway deaths than drunk drivers do now.

#230 7 years ago
Quoted from Cornelius:

So ban cell phones AND booze, seems so?

Maybe when driving.

When the penalties and enforcement of using a cell phone when driving equal that of drunk driving, people may start obeying the laws that exist. But I'm not seeing it. There are more idiots on the road using their cell phones than ever. And they are hazards.

Some can't even walk with the thing in their hand, let alone drive.

#256 7 years ago
Quoted from wayout440:

Alien is 37 years too late,

Somebody had to say it.

#259 7 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Your phone is only what you make it. Turn the ringer off, ignore calls til you're ready to return them.

Easy to say, but I have a 94 year old mother with urgent and important things to discuss like how her insurance company is ripping her off so I need to answer it when it rings.

But I don't need a phone when I'm away from home. Everything else can wait.

#263 7 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Give your mom her own ringtone and only answer those calls.

On my landline, I can't even see the screen to tell who's calling in. It's done for.

However I don't have any reason to get a cell phone. I didn't need one before they existed, and I don't have any use for one now. Plain and simple. I have a phone at home, and one at work. Anywhere else I am, I don't need the agitation. If my truck breaks down, which is highly unlikely as it is a Toyota, I can walk.

#268 7 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Damn Luddites!

Nothing like spending quality time with somebody that has to be on their cell phone all the time.

#277 7 years ago
Quoted from CraigC:

I think the problem is that the game, while it shoots good and seems to have some good ideas, is missing the glue that makes up a cohesive game.

So do you think some glue might make it more enjoyable?

fkrCCfd (resized).pngfkrCCfd (resized).png

#309 7 years ago
Quoted from wayout440:

Some people remember Uncle Pennybags having a monocle, when actually he didn't.

I can confirm he doesn't.

image-18 (resized).jpgimage-18 (resized).jpg

#312 7 years ago

I wasn't there but is it possible people were hungry and heard pizza was already being served elsewhere?

#320 7 years ago

I watched the live stream at home with a friend and I didn't think it was that bad.

I can imagine it might have been a little different in a packed room full of expo goers, many that may not have bathed that day, and some of the goodies and beer was starting to go thru them. I might have been one of the first to hit the exits if that was the case.

#322 7 years ago

Watching the live stream presentation was entertaining, informative, and best of all it was free.

#326 7 years ago
Quoted from dzoomer:

The live comments posted to the feed were crazy entertaining.

It was total unedited fun. Well worth the wait.

1 year later
#361 6 years ago

Yeah, who would have thought since the release of Dialed In, the industry would have released so many turds that it is now the home run of last year.

#364 6 years ago

As long as somebody gets a laugh, I can take all the thumbs down the serious folks on here want to give me.

#368 6 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

lets get odin out of the negitive!

download (resized).jpgdownload (resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
7,275 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Olanta, PA
$ 22.50
Flipper Parts
FlipMods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Hampshire, IL
$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider o-din.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-is-not-awesome-pat-lawlor-failed-us?tu=o-din and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.