• 157 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Jaytech10
  • Topic is favorited by 11 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

26BB7308-A618-4CD2-AD33-18B8265E5538 (resized).jpeg
munch_the_scream_invitations-rc6c699e07c1746f7be1f1ca8e7dd7027_zk91q_704 (resized).jpg
Unknown (resized).jpg
download (resized).jpg
ada23b3730f8b7d52518a9571d2bf2f080e50d72 (resized).jpg
ff81d66e15935f7896f55f25da0740bce0ed3590 (resized).jpg
23f0d9c1a5a69e17de3d5d79db7d74557058e630 (resized).jpg
IMG_3831 (resized).JPG
image-18 (resized).jpg
sub-buzz-7165-1476217730-1 (resized).jpg
fkrCCfd (resized).png
Titanic-slot-machine-las-vegas (resized).jpg
The_Pabst_Can_Crusher (resized).jpg
t mobile (resized).jpg
ui7fi (resized).jpg
blue (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider colonel_caverne.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#19 7 years ago
Quoted from SHOOTTHEPYRAMID:

News flash: you don't need to play a game to form an opinion on the artwork and theme. We get it, you like the game. Can you really not understand that some people are so against its aesthetic that gameplay isn't required for them to make a decision as to wether or not they like it. The game looks it was meant for a McDonald's happy meal and I don't need to play it to know it doesn't appeal to me. Glad you played it, glad you can't wait to spend 9k on it, but seriously, you're dialed in wanking is getting old.

happy to know that some people buy pins to look at them only.

#38 7 years ago
Quoted from Chippewa-Pin:

The issue I see (along with many others) is the price. I just don't see how Stern and JJP can continue raising the prices and expect the home and operator buyers to continue purchasing. I guess with a higher profit margin, you can afford to sell less pins.

i think buyers will pass more and more and wait for a pin that they love the theme and artwork. they may even wait for a polished code to be sure it is great. Volume production will decrease in my opinion. Raising prices is killing the market.

Personally i'm in (#17) but it's only because i have sold my Acdc Luci.

#41 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Put 300 or 400 on it and then report back.

in other words, let's someone put 9000$ on it and then report back to me

#44 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

So you can only start a new thread expressing an opinion of a game that very few have actually played if that opinion is a positive one?

the guy only bitch it because he does not like toy, the color, the scale of some stuff etc..i think that is a bit "light" for a guy who is supposed to have played it several times. not a word about gameplay.

#70 7 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

I still have no idea why anyone with a brain would preorder this pin??? Its basically unlimited and will be available for years. Why not sit back and wait for code, bugs to get worked out and to find out if you really like it or not by playing the hell out of it??? Does this all make too much sense for Pinside???

Why not? What does it change in your Life If some people are glad to preorder a pin?

#73 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

As to Dialed In, I played it extensively and it has a charm that's been missing IMHO from pinball for quite some time. Perhaps that speaks to my age as well as Pat Lawlor's. Even with the partial code, it shoots so nicely and feels so good in my hands. It's a pastiche of Lawlor and Youssi through the years. You have the skyway ramp revisited, the reverse angle Funhouse skill shot, the NGG side ramp with the TZ camera shot below it. The kickback angle reminds me of NGG, plus of course the RS references. Heck there's even a small Pinbot playfield with no scoring switches. The game feels so much better than, to pick a game at random, Hobbit ever could. I don't dislike Hobbit, mind you, but IMHO Dialed has a chance to be something truly special. Could it flop due to price and theme? Of course it could, but I didn't say it would be the best selling game of all time, I said I thought it was one of the best games to come out in a long time. I've been doing this pinball thing long enough to know not to throw around platitudes like that, but that's how it grabbed me. Disagree? Cool. But my opinion is hardly worthless, okay?

I hope jjp makes a great use of the smartphone screen, not only a call. I would have it to be a mirror of the main LCD or some animations, Why not in 16/9 orientation.

#84 7 years ago
Quoted from SHOOTTHEPYRAMID:

Every time I walk in my room, my pins are the main focus. They are the most eye grabbing thing in my entire home. You'd better believe it is more important for me that they look badass for the twenty or so hours a day I see them versus the one or two hours I spend playing them. Obviously, I don't buy them just to look at them, but let's get real, if a comic book looks shitty, and has a dumb theme, are you gonna drop cash because you're assuming the story is great? Oh, and the comic is only one fifth complete and costs nine thousand dollars.

"Le fond et la forme"
What is the most important?
My choice is done without any doubt.

If people get pleasure to buy a paint several millions dollars, good for them.
My hobby is pinball not comics and the range price is 6000-10000$ nib. I like pinball not to look at them but to play them. If you prefer the reverse, good for you.

#92 7 years ago
Quoted from pinballcorpse:

I took it to mean that for many people, the games are "off" more than "on", and when they are not being played some people want to make sure they also enjoyed the thematic and aesthetic quality of a game regardless of how well it played.

No, it is not what he wanted to say. he could not like a pin because of artwork and theme without any game played. That was his point. Good for him.

#136 7 years ago

Ok, i drain this one.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

7,275 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Olanta, PA
$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

$ 22.50
5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Raleigh, NC
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

Flipper Parts
FlipMods

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Lighting - Led
Lermods

6,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider colonel_caverne.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-is-not-awesome-pat-lawlor-failed-us?tu=colonel_caverne and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.