Topic Stats

• 368 posts
  • 137 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by o-din
  • Topic is favorited by 11 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 23 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

download (resized).jpg
ada23b3730f8b7d52518a9571d2bf2f080e50d72 (resized).jpg
ff81d66e15935f7896f55f25da0740bce0ed3590 (resized).jpg
23f0d9c1a5a69e17de3d5d79db7d74557058e630 (resized).jpg
IMG_3831 (resized).JPG
image-18 (resized).jpg
sub-buzz-7165-1476217730-1 (resized).jpg
fkrCCfd (resized).png
Titanic-slot-machine-las-vegas (resized).jpg
The_Pabst_Can_Crusher (resized).jpg
t mobile (resized).jpg
ui7fi (resized).jpg
blue (resized).jpg
download (1) (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2016-10-25 at 5.39.27 PM (resized).png
image-3 (resized).jpg

There are 368 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 8.
#351 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

They easily could have been. When LOTR came out, Jack ( Pinball Sales ) was a big Stern distributor.
LTG : )

You're Too Fast! I deleted my post 30 seconds after posting it......remembering just that.

#352 2 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

Had the theme been a little more polished, the launch better orchestrated, and the price designed to really hit Stern where it hurts, this could have easily been a 5000-6000 units before the end of 2017 machine.
If they'd gone after $6995 / $7800 / $8500 I'm sure it would have been the first 10,000 seller since the 90s, and got there pretty damn quickly.

Yes, this! My biggest disappointment is that I wanted to see Jack knock it out of the park for a grand slam and I think we all saw the fastball straight down the middle but we got a line drive instead. Solid hit, but could have been (I suppose still could be) something that redefines the market.

#353 2 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

Check out Pinball Magazines great interview, it explains a lot about the decisions made when designing this game:
http://www.pinball-magazine.com/?p=3133

Interesting article. I found it interesting that Pat's justification for current pin pricing was the idea that the game would bring in 500 per week and an operators invested would be paid off after only 20 weeks... um... wrong.

Ops split the take... so after 20 weeks your only halfway paid off and now your into the downward side if earnings. I think at the current price point 1.5 - 2 years is more realistic. Thats of course not counting resale which maybe he is? Or they are cutting the ops out and saying locations should directly buy.

#354 2 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

Y
Personally I can't believe *anybody* would buy a machine at 8k and up. They are simply not worth it comparing cost/fun factor IMO.

Numbers less than 1000 may be on the pessimistic side but I will be amazed if more than 2000 are sold at current prices.

1 year later
#356 1 year ago
Quoted from woody76:

Funny to go back and read this now

Ya talk about a 180. DI is awesome

#357 1 year ago
Quoted from WackyBrakke:

Ya talk about a 180. DI is awesome

Everybody has their own definition of awesome.

#358 1 year ago

Awesome game. I'm totally past the cell phone theme that I hated when it was announced.

#359 1 year ago

So much angst about a toy for grown men.

#360 1 year ago
Quoted from jwilson:

So much angst about a toy for grown men.

lol. "I am going to hold dear the existing games you made while at Williams / Bally and Stern and assume you were under some mental and emotional stress when you designed this mess."

wow...just wow. I think the op was projecting a bit about his own stress levels

Thought this was also hilarious..."Drones tiny compared to electric guy, and scale between two figures on playfield are completely off."

Even though there are a couple quirks I'd love to see resolved (left wireform, theatre magnet SDTM), it's still one of the best overall pinball games ever made. Appeals to a spectrum of players and is loaded with fun features.

snaroff

#361 1 year ago

Yeah, who would have thought since the release of Dialed In, the industry would have released so many turds that it is now the home run of last year.

#362 1 year ago

It is a Nice playing fast pin. However i feel the code could be a little better and more complete.

#363 1 year ago
Quoted from o-din:

Yeah, who would have thought since the release of Dialed In, the industry would have released so many turds that it is now the home run of last year.

although I disagree, this is pretty funny. I literally laughed out loud.

#364 1 year ago

As long as somebody gets a laugh, I can take all the thumbs down the serious folks on here want to give me.

#365 1 year ago

I laughed too.

#366 1 year ago
Quoted from woody76:

although I disagree, this is pretty funny. I literally laughed out loud.

I laughed to, lets get odin out of the negitive!

#367 1 year ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

It is a Nice playing fast pin. However i feel the code could be a little better and more complete.

I’m curious if this was sarcasm? More complete?

#368 1 year ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

lets get odin out of the negitive!

download (resized).jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 50.00
$ 9,000.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 8,000.00
7,650 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bridgewater, MA
$ 399.95
There are 368 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 8.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside