172 (resized).jpg
171 (resized).jpg
170 (resized).jpg
169 (resized).jpg
168a (resized).jpg
167 (resized).jpg
166a (resized).jpg
164a (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zene10.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#368 7 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

Good game, blast to play and excited to uncover all the modes and little things within it! Theme as many have said is EH but then I think about other games I love where the theme is horrible(Congo, Shadow and so many more) and remember that any game can still be great with average theme. I hope it does well as they took the chance on unlicensed theme and hope that many more will follow with the same efforts.

I was at the reveal. It seemed poorly prepared and executed and the audience's reaction that night and on this thread reflects that. In front of tough crowd of pre-determined fanboys or haters you need a well polished presentation.

I've since played the game and I'm neutral overall and definitely not interested in buying.

It has a lot of nice features (like the aforementioned magnets) but mobile phone theme is awful. I'm playing a game and don't want to be bothered with my phone (in game) ringing and listing an unknown number (an actual feature).

Here, DI has a theme that is partially hated ("what's popular with the kids today? Selfies, mobiles, drones, blue-tooth self lacing shoes!") and plays well - but the theme is a draw back.

Themes matter. SMVE was controversial (and punished here on the board for its looks) for cosmetic changes to a machine with the exact same gameplay. [I'm an owner of SMVE]

The pricing ($9k) is hard to swallow for a NIB machine, especially when competing with a $5k "pro" model NIB. Even $5k is embarrassing when a non-pinhead asks how much they cost.

I don't get $4k more in satisfaction from an LCD screen (vs. dots) since I'm watching the playfield during play. I don't need my StarTAC to interact with the game-- I'm playing the game to escape from the real world annoyances. I don't need a selfie because I'm ugly and don't want to look at myself. The DI glass helps reduce the glare but dimming the lights to see a "pro" better can buy me a whole bunch of extra electricity for $4k. The game appears to be fairly deep but not $4k more deep. At +$4k I'm more than halfway to having another "inferior", fun game.

DI is a case where giving a designer free reign didn't work out as expected. Jonathan Ive had/has and overlord and produced great products. "The Homer" or "The Car Built for Homer" was an extreme example of a failed, free-reign, design.

In the future collaboration on a unlicensed theme might be a better route.

I applaud the effort of the unlicensed theme. I hope more follow. Competition is good, it forces innovation.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zene10.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-is-awesome-yes-i-played-it?tu=zene10 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.