Topic Stats

• 961 posts
  • 313 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by bemmett
  • Topic is favorited by 24 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 59 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_3931 (resized).jpg
IMG_4072 (resized).JPG
p10 (resized).jpg
Pinball Magazine Pat Lawlor interview cover small (resized).jpg
images (21) (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2016-10-25 at 5.39.27 PM (resized).png
Messages Image(1460731988) (resized).png
hobbitunderside (resized).jpg
172 (resized).jpg
171 (resized).jpg
170 (resized).jpg
169 (resized).jpg
168a (resized).jpg
167 (resized).jpg
166a (resized).jpg
164a (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rgb635.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#77 3 years ago

From the thousands of themes this hobby has there is no way to predict a machines outcome based on its name. I think we have become accustom to licensed themes for the past many years so when an original title comes along we are a bit off balance. The only issue for me is the price...$9000 seems a bit high. I own a small business and learned early in the research process that every business operates in 1 of 3 modes. It is up to the business owner to pick his M.O.

1)You can price high, stock low and shoot for big profits on every sale at the risk of another company under pricing you. (Limited Buyer)
2)Price medium, stock medium, balanced profits and cash flow. (Average Buyer)
3)Price low, stock high, operate at a high volume output. (All Buyers) This mode can have very high profits if managed correctly. Much better production discounts due to buying supplies in greater quantities. Often dominates markets and can provide an awesome cash flow which can often be more important than profit depending on your business structure!

There is nothing that prevents a large company from offering lower than average prices and still make money other than their capability to produce the product and capitalism!

#607 3 years ago
Quoted from merccat:

Totally agree. I do get trying to promote the cell integration but do that with some cheap cardboard wings or toppers that locations can optionally attach
To me calling this game Dialed in is akin to calling the batman prequel series "Utility Belt!" instead of Gotham. Or maybe calling Superman "Quick Change!"... Or spiderman "Webs!"... why? because these names while they may describe an aspect of the character do nothing to convey the actual theme, build any attachment to a character, or add intrigue... plus its ambiguous.
Anyway, I suspect the smart phone tie in's are going to be a huge hit, the camera, facial and motion sensing... wow.. way to advance pinball while retaining the core of the game. While they probably were not on the list for those of us who already love pinball... it may be just whats needed to draw in new players.

Best post I have read summing up a view of the "Dialed IN" Name -vs- theme impression. Great analogies!!!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 29.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
$ 50.00
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Cleveland, OH
$ 49.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rgb635.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside