Topic Stats

• 961 posts
  • 313 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by bemmett
  • Topic is favorited by 24 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 59 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_3931 (resized).jpg
IMG_4072 (resized).JPG
p10 (resized).jpg
Pinball Magazine Pat Lawlor interview cover small (resized).jpg
images (21) (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2016-10-25 at 5.39.27 PM (resized).png
Messages Image(1460731988) (resized).png
hobbitunderside (resized).jpg
172 (resized).jpg
171 (resized).jpg
170 (resized).jpg
169 (resized).jpg
168a (resized).jpg
167 (resized).jpg
166a (resized).jpg
164a (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rai.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#36 3 years ago

Horrible theme and price. I am not clear on the pin, but vaguely it has something to do with cell phone and if it sends me a text message or I need to pretend to be scratching off a ticket I'm out times infinity.

JJP best look out below, if this pin sells as bad as I think, it's going to be a blood bath.

#78 3 years ago

Game does look fun and heck the price is not horrible when viewed next to TDK VE pro price. I guess the name/phone thing is just bad to me. I could do without any reference to cell phone or selfie or text message. The presentation was horrible JJP should have had some real hi quality gameplay videos.

#116 3 years ago

My god if this had been BM66 (theme) with all these bells and whistles and build quality it would have been a knock down drag out hit with 6999 units possible.

Stern got the theme but not the execution and it looks like JJP has the reverse.

#183 3 years ago

Hell even untitle the pin or call it JJP3 that's better than Dialed In.

I'm aware the phrase is a play on the pinball term dialed in but I'm not amused.

#212 3 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

How come everyone seems ok (not happy of course)with basically a 9500 batman remake but yet dialed in at 9k with tons more innovation and gameplay features than any stern ever is to much? Not to mention much better quality and u get invisaglass , shaker, 27in tv, powdercoat and external volume, 5 speakers with 2.1 stereo and much more?

No one is ok maybe Iceman but 99.9 people say TDKVE is way too expensive

#213 3 years ago

I really wish JJP had done Batman instead of Stern and instead of Dialed in

#263 3 years ago

If I look at it sideways and squint my eyes, I can just about get to $9K

I mean STLE was $7600 without a color DMD (let's say they make that happen) that's $8000 without PDI glass let's make that happen that's $8300. STLE (while nicely appointed for a Stern pin) it's too easy to drop another $300(+) in mods that really don't cost that much if they had been built into the game in the first place. Something like Blackout mod could actually be free. I mean just a simple line of code and the lights go dark. I mean so many games will darken the lights it's silly/stupid that that costs extra for STLE. I mean simply put we could ask Stern or suggest that it would look cool with black out mode and if they were in tune to their customers someone could spend a few hours and insert that in the code. I don't think that's overstating the simplicity.

Light around the ship or starburst light etc.. all cheap stuff that Stern left off.

Anyhoo $8600 for a STLE with color dmd, PDI glass and a small amount of mods.

I suppose this pin has more than my hypothetical STLE.

HOWEVER, people would pay that much for a ST pin while maybe not as much for a pin with the main toy is a cell phone or Mic on a stick.

Also, JJP is fighting for survival. They have a beach head but have not established themselves as a here to stay company. (Highway is even farther removed from an established company). So I understand that JJP wants to make money on its pins (as much profit as possible), but sometimes like Tesla (is doing) you might have to lose a little money or maybe make less of a margin in profit to gain market share and keep the factory running.

I believe JJP *should* re-visit their price, at least for the initial 6-month period when the code is not polished and such. maybe like $8K early bird special.

I'm still not saying I'd buy one at $8K but it'd be a darn sight more likely.

#365 3 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

Good game, blast to play and excited to uncover all the modes and little things within it! Theme as many have said is EH but then I think about other games I love where the theme is horrible(Congo, Shadow and so many more) and remember that any game can still be great with average theme. I hope it does well as they took the chance on unlicensed theme and hope that many more will follow with the same efforts.

Yes, RBION, Congo, TS all have bad themes. But they are punished for it. They don't sell for what LotR (RBION), TS/Congo (TAF/CFTBL) games of similar quality but better themes.

I am not saying DI is a bad pin but that to be a $9K pin it needs to have a great theme (or at least not a theme about a cellphone).

#367 3 years ago

I suppose CFTBL could have been called 'Drive In Movie' I wonder how big a deal it is, but for sure CFTBL is a much better name for that pin.

I don't care so much about the name it's more about the focus on the phone, it's the center of the PF, the main toy, the side cab art. Plus ringing all the time and having to charge the phone. It's really a pin that is cell phone centric.

#481 3 years ago

My wife doesn't play pinball but all the stuff I was telling her about the sefies and scratch off ticket and etc.. that I thought was cheesy she said that sounded cool. So maybe non-pinheads will like this more.

PS I'm a person who hates video modes and so things like GB or GOT with video modes take a hit from me personally and maybe that's the case with DI as well. It seems like it's trying to break out of the normal pinball box.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 9,000.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
7,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mounds View, MN
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Chatham, MA
$ 239.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Tilttopper

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rai.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside