172 (resized).jpg
171 (resized).jpg
170 (resized).jpg
169 (resized).jpg
168a (resized).jpg
167 (resized).jpg
166a (resized).jpg
164a (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinsinner.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#519 7 years ago
Quoted from mystman12:

You know what else could be really cool? If the machine could also act as a Bluetooth controller. Then you could hook it up to a VR device and play VR pinball using an actual machine to control. When I was trying out The Pinball Arcade on GearVR, I tried standing in fron of my Stargate and it felt pretty cool when I did that and had my hands on the machine. I even instinctively pressed the flipper buttons while playing, even though they weren't connected!

I built this for my Oculus Rift to use with Pinball FX. It plugs in via USB 2.0. It has a working plunger and mercury switches to simulate nudging. I even threw in some arcade controls on top to use with the retro video games. It works fantastically. Not quite real pinball but the closest thing you'll get currently in VR.

IMG_0534 (resized).JPGIMG_0534 (resized).JPG
IMG_0537 (resized).JPGIMG_0537 (resized).JPG

#558 7 years ago
Quoted from PinballCharlie:

Well done! That is awesome. I really want to do something like this for my Rift. Was it tough configuring the controls to be recognized in Windows?
With this new price structure, Oculus Rift may be my only hope.

Thanks.

No it wasn't difficult. I used a Zero Delay Arcade USB Encoder board I bought on eBay. I Plugged in the joystick, two mercury switches and all the buttons into the board. Then I installed a program called x360ce. It is a free open source software that takes the USB joystick you just made and tricks windows into thinking it is an Xbox controller. You just need to copy x360ce program (very tiny program) into the folder with with the Pinball FX executable launch file. Then you just configure the buttons in the program (x360ce) to correspond to the various buttons on you pinball controller and voila...Oculus doesn't know the difference.

The most expensive part of this project was the pinball legs. The coin door and lockdown bar are fake...just made of MDF. It was a great fun project and definitely worth it for pinball in VR. Now I'm just waiting for Pinball Arcade to be released for Rift. Then I can play all the classics I can't afford to buy.

1 week later
#748 7 years ago

I love the nod to Funhouse with the 'visit bobs when flashing sign'. I look at that sign and I immediately think of Funhouse which has a similar light up board. Love it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Flipper Parts
FlipMods

7,275 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Olanta, PA
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball

$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Martinez, GA
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 22.50
5,640 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Worcester, MA

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinsinner.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-is-awesome-yes-i-played-it?tu=pinsinner and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.