172 (resized).jpg
171 (resized).jpg
170 (resized).jpg
169 (resized).jpg
168a (resized).jpg
167 (resized).jpg
166a (resized).jpg
164a (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider panzerfreak.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#27 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Terrible theme, i don't care how awesome it plays.
Too many other GREAT options to buy.
Reminder, ding, ding, ding
Woz was $6500
TH was $7500
Dialed in is $9000 >>>> Game over

Stern is charging nearly $9k for a Batman Premium which looks like a joke / rip off compared to Dialed In (not even going to mention Batman 66 LE / SLE prices...). Dialed In is $9k but at least it's loaded, has a ton of tech, has top notch LCD animations, invisiglass, shaker, a real backglass, etc.

#62 7 years ago
Quoted from Air_Pinball:

Majority seems to agree with me.
I know you're feel oppressed being in the minority. It's understandable that you're lashing out.

Not really, more people are saying the opposite as they actually see and play the game.

Also, just because a game has a licensed attached to it doesn't automatically make it a success. Theres been plenty of licensed games that have tanked over the years.

#67 7 years ago
Quoted from Air_Pinball:

Wrong.
And I never said every licensed game is a hit.

Just telling you the facts, feedback from people that have actually PLAYED the game is very positive.

#144 7 years ago
Quoted from cavalier88z24:

Just played and game last night after drinking. Then this morning before the lines grew any more. Wait til the more opinionated people on here play it. They might change there mind. Its a blast to play. Super fun. I like the news cast setting. I like that martians are in it. Sounds are what you would expect pat to do. A great shooting game. Impressive want more time in on it.

Great to hear, thanks for the write up. It seems like everyone that plays it has it enjoyed it so far.

#201 7 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

How come everyone seems ok (not happy of course)with basically a 9500 batman remake but yet dialed in at 9k with tons more innovation and gameplay features than any stern ever is to much? Not to mention much better quality and u get invisaglass , shaker, 27in tv, powdercoat and external volume, 5 speakers with 2.1 stereo and much more?

Yup. Batman 66 at $9k ($10k for an LE) seems like an absolute rip off compared to Dialed In with what the game offers.

Batman 66 looks like such a stripped down and basic game when viewing it next to Dialed In.

#205 7 years ago
Quoted from Rush1169:

I've reached the conclusion that I just don't want a $9,000+ pinball machine -- Don't care who makes it, how fun it may be, or how well it's built. I know, just my personal breaking point - but I can't be alone.

Same, at some point enough is enough. JJP's whole "Dialed In Collectors Edition" spiel is in response to Sterns Super LE version of Batman...Both companies are ridiculous to offer a higher end version then an LE model and the entire Super LE / Collectors Edition concept is just a cash grab.

Even more people will be priced out of the market with Dialed In, Batman 66 and future games.

#318 7 years ago

Some more info is up at PinballNews.com about the game from JJP's "Deep Dive into Dialed In" seminar / panel.

Playfield pic. Definitely scream's Pat Lawlor

90 (resized).jpg90 (resized).jpg

#591 7 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

I'm at a loss as to why everyone thinks "Quantum City" better reflects the theme than "Dialed In"? It's like renaming "Blade Runner" as "Los Angeles." Yes, the setting is Quantum City, and it's a fine name, but "Dialed In" feels like a better reflection of the story after reading the comic.

Agreed. I originally questioned the name of the game but now it makes sense the more I read about it, I can see why they chose it. The game looks pretty darn cool.

#592 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

I feel like Jack should have presented this game much better and explained the Dialed In theme and storyline better. Perhaps he could have had an animated trailer showing the comic story and ran that as an intro before revealing the machine. Especially for those of us who weren't at the Expo. A clean trailer or video explaining this original idea would do wonders for the game now and going forward.
I'm sure the theme is great and makes sense as you play the machine, but just like movies need a trailer, this game definitely does too.

Agreed 100%. JJP needed to reveal the game better with some more showmanship. A trailer would have been perfect to have explained the game and it's theme, then the trailer could have been uploaded to YouTube to explain it to others.

"From the pinball designer who has brought you greats such as Addams Family and Twilight Zone comes the next generation of pinball, Dialed In" - insert movie guy voice.

1 week later
#719 7 years ago
Quoted from merccat:

(Ahem)... electronics in back and a shaker motor and yet somehow they managed to find a way to keep the power switch in the traditional location.... just sayin.

Wait, what?! I thought there was some crazy regulation crap that resulted in Stern having to put the power button in the head due to the Spike systems design? lol. I mean, surely it can't be that Stern didn't want to spend the extra $1 to run some wire to the front of the cabinet...

4 months later
#926 7 years ago
Quoted from Bond_Gadget_007:

Are you seriously considering buying this game to sit next to AS already? It's like 20% prototype at best. Seems a bit early to get excited. Also, not a good idea to 'assume' left kickback is adjustable, as someone mentioned Pat Lawlor has this game set up the way he thinks is best which concerns me that he envisions this game to be for children. Easy... Long ball times.. Handy-Manny Theme.. Tiny flipper shocks just to tickle you for giggles but not affect ball much. I implore you to wait 7 months. If Im wrong, then buy it. As always, I hope I'm wrong!

20% prototype? Dialed In looks much further along then 20%.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

7,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Carlisle, PA
Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Electronics
Skillshot Combo

$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball

$ 22.50
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Sacramento, CA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider panzerfreak.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-is-awesome-yes-i-played-it?tu=panzerfreak and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.