172 (resized).jpg
171 (resized).jpg
170 (resized).jpg
169 (resized).jpg
168a (resized).jpg
167 (resized).jpg
166a (resized).jpg
164a (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mikes.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#458 7 years ago
Quoted from taylor34:

As someone who has sat through the past 5 years of missed deadlines, companies going out of business, prices going out of control, and preordering things years in advance, I find it disappointing that people are still lining up for it. I don't get it. Dialed in is 6 to 9 months away at the earliest, what is the point of even preordering it, why not just buy it when it comes out? By signing up for preordering, you're just telling the companies that $9k is great, keep jacking it up. Save your money for when it ships, reward them then if the game is complete and awesome, by preordering you're just giving them all the power (again). sigh...

The other reason not to preorder a JJP game is that it doesn't guarantee that you will get the pin any sooner than somebody that doesn't preorder. In fact it usually works the opposite in that preorders are moved to the back of the line for distributors behind "new" money. Still preorders out there for Hobbit right now while several dealers have new stock.

#613 7 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

The only thing that didn't make sense is the bluetooth connection to your phone. I'd never use that, and I wonder who would? I'm sure there was considerable resources to make this happen in connectivity and programming.
All in all a clever fun game and it's great to see Pat back!

If you play with your phone you basically lose the ability to nudge which is a major component to playing pinball. That's why I can't see it being anything more than a gimmick. Now what would be cool is if you had the ability to pulse some of the magnets of the game using your phone during multi-player games to mess with your opponents ball when you aren't playing.

#622 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

They could compensate for this by giving you a higher score if you use the phone, or perhaps some other incentive. Kind of like DM where you earn a higher bonus if you play with the handles instead of the normal flipper buttons.

That would be a fun way to play for CO-OP/Tandem play! One person controls the flippers and the other one does all the nudging. I'd imagine you'd lose a lot of control though doing it through a touch screen. Probably not easy to do things like flipper passes, tap passes, etc. I think it would have to be 2-3X scoring for it to be worthwhile. At least with Demo man you still get great response with the triggers and can still nudge well.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Martinez, GA
$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

7,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Carlisle, PA
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
Electronics
Skillshot Combo

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Lighting - Led
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mikes.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-is-awesome-yes-i-played-it?tu=mikes and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.