Topic Stats

• 961 posts
  • 313 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by bemmett
  • Topic is favorited by 24 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 59 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_3931 (resized).jpg
IMG_4072 (resized).JPG
p10 (resized).jpg
Pinball Magazine Pat Lawlor interview cover small (resized).jpg
images (21) (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2016-10-25 at 5.39.27 PM (resized).png
Messages Image(1460731988) (resized).png
hobbitunderside (resized).jpg
172 (resized).jpg
171 (resized).jpg
170 (resized).jpg
169 (resized).jpg
168a (resized).jpg
167 (resized).jpg
166a (resized).jpg
164a (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kpg.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#226 3 years ago
Quoted from Rush1169:

I've reached the conclusion that I just don't want a $9,000+ pinball machine -- Don't care who makes it, how fun it may be, or how well it's built. I know, just my personal breaking point - but I can't be alone.

Exactly.. I simply don't give a flying f**k what the machine is, theme, or even if a rubber mouth comes out and blows me after getting a grand champ score, $9K is too much for a pinball machine. At that price point I feel I am just getting bent over. No way is any pinball machine worth $9K just because some investors and partners want to make back their investment in the thing. I'm not paying a premium for that.

#227 3 years ago
Quoted from SuperPinball:

My initial reaction after watching the live stream of the reveal was that I became mentally and physically sick. After seeing the gameplay video over and over, I think I am warming up to this game. If Jack can do 2 things, change the name (easy) and do something about that annoying cellphone (also easy), I think this game may actually be a hit and much better than Batman 66. I'm actually interested in getting one.

It does look like a cool game. It will be especially cool when I buy it down the road from someone else once the code is complete and they sell it for $7K or less, because pins at this price will depreciate rapidly.

#256 3 years ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

Your hard line on pricing seems odd in light of the McLaren in your garage. How does your thought process compare between pinball and other expensive toys?

Because I feel the McLaren you get everything you should spending the money on it. When you drive it, there is no doubt the asking price is right on the money. The price is equal to the enjoyment. A $9,000 pinball machine? No. Just because I have expensive taste in cars does not make me stupid... if Apple came out with a $2500 "limited edition" iPhone 7 Plus, that has a numbered plaque and a different color on it, would I run out and spend the money? Fuck no

#381 3 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

I just played the game using a cell phone. Flipper buttons, ball launch and a "big bang" button. Flippers were super smooth, no lag at all. I was live catching and post passing without touching the machine.
Of course I wouldn't really want to play the whole game like that (hard to nudge!) But if there's a mode or something, would be really fun.

It would be awesome if you are playing with a couple friends who are linked to the game, and if they hit a shot that they are supposed to avoid, it allows a "security breach" or "firewall disabled" mode for X amount of seconds, and your friends can "hack" the game for a specific amount of time and mess with you. That would be awesome, allowing other players to look for cues on the big LCD and get the opportunity to play and effect the game while standing and watching their friends play.

Maybe even something like "Player 2 hack opportunity" and there is a mini game on their phone that pops up, and they need to quickly complete it to breach security and then allow a random player to screw with the machine.

#418 3 years ago

The more videos I watch the better the game looks to me.. definitely way more interesting to me then some 1966 rehash of Batman.. the world has enough Batman pinball machines already

#421 3 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Fine. I'm not inviting you over to play my BM66!

Well in that case, I really like Batman 66! It seems like a kick ass game!

#570 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I had long ball times and I'm not a good player by any stretch of the imagination. It didn't feel like there was a lot of risk in the shots.

Widen or open the outlanes and I bet that "Dials it in"

#582 3 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

What if the price was some elaborate marketing ploy. In three weeks, JJP will announce they listened to customers and will offer the pin for $7500. It will make pinside feel like they had a voice and to make the pin seem more like a deal. More people will be open to the idea of buying the pin and sales will go way up.

If they reduced the game to $7500 I would pre-order right away. I don't even care if they leave the name the same, because I like what I see for that price.. that is my cut off. If JJP did this, their orders would likely go through the roof.

#588 3 years ago

I feel like Jack should have presented this game much better and explained the Dialed In theme and storyline better. Perhaps he could have had an animated trailer showing the comic story and ran that as an intro before revealing the machine. Especially for those of us who weren't at the Expo. A clean trailer or video explaining this original idea would do wonders for the game now and going forward.

I'm sure the theme is great and makes sense as you play the machine, but just like movies need a trailer, this game definitely does too.

#677 3 years ago

JJP = Jersey Jacked-up Prices

Change the name Dialed In to Wallet Cleaner and it all will make sense

#691 3 years ago

This should be incorporated into the artwork, and call the game "Can you afford me now?"

IMG_2964 (resized).JPG

#694 3 years ago

Why not SIMcard City?

#697 3 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

All great ideas, but honestly I'm amazed Jack is willing to even change the name (which will require art changes on the playfield, backglass, and cabinet). Now we want him to throw out all the animations they created too? It's no wonder why JJP can't release things in time, everyone is so critical and Jack bends. By the time this gets released with all the proposed changes, ever tier will get raised $500 and then people REALLY won't want to buy it because of it's updated price.

I say keep the name, Jack shouldnt spend any money to make the changes- just lower everything by $500 and call it a day

#700 3 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I'm sure if you gave people the choice, most people would choose this option. At the end of the day, does it really matter what the game is called? I suppose if you are planning on routing the game the name is important, but it's not like there are going to be a ton of these on location at these prices anyway.

Exactly.. its the price, not the name that is making me not want to order it. I like what I see, and honestly am past the name of it - if he only priced it properly he would sell more.. changing the name is probably not going to sway people to spend that much at this point.

Also, the standard version at $8K is dumb. I want the lit ramps, invisiglass, etc.. spending $8K for their "barebones" model isnt what I want, and many others as well. Give me the LE at $8200 INCLUDING shipping, and we'll talk. Not a penny more or i'll simply wait for the second hand market, which will contain playfield fixes and redesigns- just like what happened with WOZ and TH.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 9,000.00
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Exton, PA

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kpg.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside