Topic Stats

• 961 posts
  • 313 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by bemmett
  • Topic is favorited by 24 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 59 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_3931 (resized).jpg
IMG_4072 (resized).JPG
p10 (resized).jpg
Pinball Magazine Pat Lawlor interview cover small (resized).jpg
images (21) (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2016-10-25 at 5.39.27 PM (resized).png
Messages Image(1460731988) (resized).png
hobbitunderside (resized).jpg
172 (resized).jpg
171 (resized).jpg
170 (resized).jpg
169 (resized).jpg
168a (resized).jpg
167 (resized).jpg
166a (resized).jpg
164a (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kingpingames.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#403 3 years ago
Quoted from mbaumle:

Question for anyone who has played this game:
Are there any Easter eggs that pay homage to older Lawlor games? Especially with Youssi artwork, there's gotta be something in there.
I know software is probably in beta, but I feel like they had to have squeezed something in.

"Crazy Bob" from Roadshow is on the side of the cabinet and as three stand up targets "b" "o" "b" on the playfield.

I hope there are some others from funhouse, earthshaker, whirlwind, etc. I don't expect and from Addams or Twilight since they are licensed.

#466 3 years ago
Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

How can a non licenced game be so expensive? I thought the attraction of doing an original theme was to save money.

If you consider that everything has to be made from scratch, you will understand that it can be more expensive to do an unlicensed theme. With a licensed machine you get an entire package of assets to work wIth. Unlicensed means that you don't have movie clips, call outs, music, artwork or a goal (wizard of oz, destroy the witch, lord of the rings, destroy the ring, etc). All of these things need to be made. It takes a lot of work to make all new music, animations, art, etc.

I played the game and really enjoyed it. It is refreshing to see something new. Whether you enjoy the theme or not, it's something new and different.

Much respect to everyone involved with this project.

#485 3 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

Licensing is generally $100/game, which is insignificant in a $9k title. It's more about the ability to be 100% in control of the game's content (rather than arguing with the licensee as to which clip-art can be put on the game), and the ability to build the games in perpetuity rather than having to renew licensing after a few years.
Every time I find more info on the game, it becomes apparent the content in Dialed In is deeper than most licensed games made today. Because it's an original theme, it is even more important that everyone gets their hands on it before deciding.

Well said.

#584 3 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

What if the price was some elaborate marketing ploy. In three weeks, JJP will announce they listened to customers and will offer the pin for $7500. It will make pinside feel like they had a voice and to make the pin seem more like a deal. More people will be open to the idea of buying the pin and sales will go way up.

While we don't see eye to eye too often, i agree with this. Many of my loyal JJP customers (and some of the ones i spoke with at expo) have hinted that they would feel a lot more comfortable with a lower price. As for the name, most said that they can get over that, but i imagine they would be okay with a change.

Good deductions. Excited to see what happens, as i would like to have one of these in my house too.

3 months later
#849 3 years ago

i cover the shipping for ALL US Military personal (current and veterans). I am also doubling the factory warranty to 2 years. Let me know if that helps you.

2 weeks later
#895 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Well, the second you decide to get into the pinball distributor biz, people should definitely do their pre-order business through your company.
Alas, you aren't in the biz, and I'm afraid that those who are would have a terribly difficult time turning away a walk-in with $9,000 burning a hole in his pocket. I'm not saying it doesn't make them "a dick" but we live in the real world here.

Real world has exceptions. My customers are filled on a first money in, first game out basis (unless they ask for a later run). Running a successful business isn't always about the amount of money you can make (as long as you can pay your bills), but about how many of your customers feel that they have a friend in you. I would much rather have 20 returning customers than the money from 30 one time impatient people.
Now, I am not automated. I do not buy and stock hundreds of pinballs, but my customers know that I answer the phone seven days a week. They know that they will see me at the local shows. They know that I will support the local operators so they can play these amazing games before parting with their hard earned money. They know that I'm in this for the enjoyment of pinball.
What most don't know is that pinball sales make up maybe 5% of my total sales, but takes up probably 25% of my time. I do this for the fun that it brings others.

1 week later
#918 3 years ago
Quoted from Yoski:

You can turn up the flipper strength in JJP games?

yes, you can actually adjust the strength of each coil individually. there is a warning screen that advises you do not adjust them unless you are having issues though.

it is in the menu under coil settings.

1 month later
#949 2 years ago

Nothing has changed (art) since it's reveal at expo.

#956 2 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

From what Jack said, it sounds like standards will run first for the location operators followed by the LE and CE buyers. I don't think there's going to be a huge time lag between those first and second waves, however. They just wanted to get the first machines off the line and make sure everything is cool before they started hitting the home buyers.
Order date does matter too. Your distributor should be shipping in order of when they received their deposits. If you get in early with a distributor, you should get a machine earlier. The big distributors (KingPin and PinballSTAR) will have more machines early than even JJP themselves will. Talk to Chris (KingPin) or Joe (PinballSTAR) and see how they feel about their order queue and what they think your chances are of getting one early if you get on the list now. You could always wait until they're shipping and then call around and ask distributors if they have any day one stock available.

Thanks for the kind words. I can't speak for joe, but I have a few spots left from my day one orders. That being said, I do have about 10 orders from locations that want "the first game off the line," but I think they will pump these machines out (dialed in) much faster than the previous two machines.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 259.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kingpingames.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside