172 (resized).jpg
171 (resized).jpg
170 (resized).jpg
169 (resized).jpg
168a (resized).jpg
167 (resized).jpg
166a (resized).jpg
164a (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gearheaddropping.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#171 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Stern with Star Wars is gonna blow this out of the water for MUCH less money
They obviously rushed this out. JJP always said they would be ready to ship when announced and now it's 2nd quarter?
I also think Alien and the next Spooky will blow this away too
Mostly on price
I agree, MAYBE $7k on secondary market. I've got a Woz le and can barely get that now
Good luck with this bath

Stern Star Wars? Blow this out of the water?

If Stern makes a Star Wars it will have two ramps, 5 stand up targets, three bumpers, two flippers and a bash toy Millenium Falcon that shakes around when hit.....and that is for the 10k LE. The code will take 18 months to be somewhat complete, the plywood playfield will have one less "ply" than SM66, and the inserts will ghost like no tomorrow. You will be able to take the lock down bar and twist it 40 degrees with your bare hands and the decals will start peeling within around 6 months.

You know I'm right.....

#175 7 years ago
Quoted from iamabearsfan:

So WoZ is a top 20 pinball machine now (actually ranks in at 18). Seeing as JJP has had a grand total of three machines, I find it nothing short of amazing they broke the top 20 with their first pinball machine. I guess I am disagreeing that JJP has not established themselves in "pinball history". In my mind JJP will be remembered for being the innovator when pinball was stagnant. They raised the bar in so many areas (screen, quality, OS, cabinet design, etc...) I do agree though, they are pricing themselves out of the market. These major price increases are too much.
In my mind JJP needs to make two changes ASAP:
1) Change the name/theme. Do it quickly. Listen to your potential customers JJP!
2) Reconsider the pricing model. I think they are pricing a lot of potential customers out of the high-end pinball market.
It has been over a year now that I have owned WoZ. I still think it by far the best pinball machine ever made. Not even a close second out there.
Either way I hope JJP gets thru this launch ok. Really want to see them succeed.

I am in agreement. WOZ is a great game. I also think Hobbit is a great game and a ton of fun.

I think the price will come down if there is light demand...the investors will insist on it. I could see a $1000 off sale on Dialed In for Black Friday just generate some potential sales.

#176 7 years ago

Dialed In is a suck theme....no doubt. Star Wars is an awesome theme....no doubt. I just don't seen an end to Stern's cost cutting/price raising especially since they need to recoup the engineering and new required animations for the future games.

#202 7 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

How come everyone seems ok (not happy of course)with basically a 9500 batman remake but yet dialed in at 9k with tons more innovation and gameplay features than any stern ever is to much? Not to mention much better quality and u get invisaglass , shaker, 27in tv, powdercoat and external volume, 5 speakers with 2.1 stereo and much more?

I'm not happy with BM66. I said it looks great and the art really seems to fit. BDK is a suck game and the crane is stupid. BM66 with be made with cheap s--t parts including thin metal, crappy wood with ghosting inserts and have barely the features of the Costco BDK. The code will not be close to being done when released and the price is insane.

Dialed In is a suck theme but seems to be a good player from what we are seeing. Like BM66, the price is insane.

Neither Stern nor JJP deserve the $9k+ for either of these games IMHO. Neither the Stern nor JJP camp have anything to brag about after this expo. Let's just they go back to their respective camps and figure out a way to sell more games.

#206 7 years ago
Quoted from Rush1169:

I've reached the conclusion that I just don't want a $9,000+ pinball machine -- Don't care who makes it, how fun it may be, or how well it's built. I know, just my personal breaking point - but I can't be alone.

You are not alone one bit.

bubble (resized).jpgbubble (resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Sacramento, CA
7,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Carlisle, PA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

5,640 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Worcester, MA
7,275 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Olanta, PA
Electronics
Skillshot Combo

Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gearheaddropping.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-is-awesome-yes-i-played-it?tu=gearheaddropping and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.