Topic Stats

• 961 posts
  • 313 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by bemmett
  • Topic is favorited by 24 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 59 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_3931 (resized).jpg
IMG_4072 (resized).JPG
p10 (resized).jpg
Pinball Magazine Pat Lawlor interview cover small (resized).jpg
images (21) (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2016-10-25 at 5.39.27 PM (resized).png
Messages Image(1460731988) (resized).png
hobbitunderside (resized).jpg
172 (resized).jpg
171 (resized).jpg
170 (resized).jpg
169 (resized).jpg
168a (resized).jpg
167 (resized).jpg
166a (resized).jpg
164a (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider baiter.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#441 3 years ago

I'm glad to see a positive thread about the game. My first impression was that it looks like fun, looks like classic Lawlor, and looks like he made an effort to bring a 20+ year old platform into today's technology. Glad to see people who actually played it confirm my first impression!

#454 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballlew:

I agree preordering stinks...I don't like it at all...especially preorder the Collectors Edition at 12.5k before the end of the year without having an opportunity of seeing the game in person before they are even finished...that is a joke to me and a shame. Lets say down the road when i get a chance to play the game I want a CE edition NIB...can't and won't happen. I am not going to pay 12.5k for a game I haven't had a chance to play.

Yes, this is the issue with all the limited editions... buyers have to purchase blind (without being able to play or see in person). It's really a terrible way to do business.

#484 3 years ago
Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

How can a non licenced game be so expensive? I thought the attraction of doing an original theme was to save money.

Licensing is generally $100/game, which is insignificant in a $9k title. It's more about the ability to be 100% in control of the game's content (rather than arguing with the licensee as to which clip-art can be put on the game), and the ability to build the games in perpetuity rather than having to renew licensing after a few years.

Every time I find more info on the game, it becomes apparent the content in Dialed In is deeper than most licensed games made today. Because it's an original theme, it is even more important that everyone gets their hands on it before deciding.

#487 3 years ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

$9000 is M S R P...
What will best price negotiated be?

I'm pretty sure JJP has generally been able to hold customer pricing at MSRP from all distributors, which influenced Stern to fix prices at their distributors as well to the chagrin of pinball customers everywhere. That simply means pinball manufacturers are comfortable raising prices until sales start hurting.

#533 3 years ago

If the name was "Dialed In Enterprises" and the "D.I.E." acronym I'd imagine that would solve the whole naming issue. Simple translite swap.

#586 3 years ago

I'm at a loss as to why everyone thinks "Quantum City" better reflects the theme than "Dialed In"? It's like renaming "Blade Runner" as "Los Angeles." Yes, the setting is Quantum City, and it's a fine name, but "Dialed In" feels like a better reflection of the story after reading the comic.

#675 3 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Quantum City isn't a great name either. Quantum tells you nothing about the theme.
Disaster City is also kind of lame.
Needs a clever catchy name that implies disasters and fixing them as well as the setting. It needs the same style of name as "Zootopia"

Agreed... I never understood the desire for "Quantum City", and I still don't understand what "disaster" has to do with the game as the comic doesn't reflect that theme at all. My favorite is still "D.I.E. (Dialed In Enterprises)" unless the theme of the game doesn't actually revolve around DIE?

Will a new name make people happier? Only a little at best... most seem to agree that "Dialed In" is a decent name after understanding what the game is about. At least JJP open to new names, just as they were open to Hobbit Artwork changes (which was a huge difference).

#757 3 years ago
Quoted from PinPatch:

Is phone guy a satire of this?

Nah, that pose is very common... in fact the Vacation poster you mention is a satire of other posters... Star Wars, Conan, etc.

#784 3 years ago
Quoted from nosro:

No one "dials" a phone anymore.

FWIW, while the term was created for a rotary dial, I just checked my phone with the latest version of Android and "Dial" is still the word used on the UI.

#788 3 years ago
Quoted from VacFink:

Buffalo Pinball posted their 3 hour twitch stream of game play and Jersey Jack explained a lot of the reasons for some of the negative points made in many of these posts.

Thanks for the positive comments! I'll have to watch it.

7 months later
#959 2 years ago

I also got to play it for the first time this weekend. The playfield is packed with features, it shoots well, and it's just fun to play. Selfie mode is a nice feature mode. I don't actually remember anything other than positive comments on the game all weekend, even on the theme.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
6,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Woodstock, GA
$ 9,000.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 8,000.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 21.00

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider baiter.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside