172 (resized).jpg
171 (resized).jpg
170 (resized).jpg
169 (resized).jpg
168a (resized).jpg
167 (resized).jpg
166a (resized).jpg
164a (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Indusguys.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#89 7 years ago

I think the pin looks fun, but hey, I think playing any pinball machine can be fun. The fact is that JJP and Pat could have developed any theme, and they chose to do this. I am still shaking my head this morning, I really thought it was a bad dream. Let's put GB, Metallica, Kiss, TH, WOZ, any super hero theme pin, or how about any pin that has been made in the past 30 years in a room. Who the hell is going to be like "ohh look, it's Dialed In" that pin looks sick! If you have to sell a pin just because the game play is good, come on, that's not how this industry works.

The gameplay can be okay, and if the theme is killer then the pin will sell. If the gameplay is excellent, but the theme is terrible, good luck. Both gameplay and theme are important, but theme is what gets people's attention first. Of course this is just my opinion. Any theme in the world to pick from, and this is what they come up with, wow just wow. JJP does WOZ and then TH and then Dialed IN? Just doesn't make sense from a business stand point. If you were finding success with well loved themed machines why would you turn away from that?

#284 7 years ago

JJP/Pat could have picked any theme, anything in the world that a good imagination could dream up, and this is what they came up with. That is just down right disappointing. Even if the game plays great, it will always be in the back of my mind... what if? Sure I will play DI and sure I will like it, not many Pins I don't like.

From a business perspective first impressions are what make money, this title does not make a good first impression. There is no reason with all the themes they could have created that I should be sitting here thinking, "well if the game play is good, then it's ok". That is not good enough for me, theme is #1, then I will determine if the gameplay is good, then I will purchase it. If the theme turns me off, I just don't care how good the gameplay is, it will never move me to spend that kind of money.

However, if the theme nails it, I will do what ever it takes to get the machine of my dreams, and this pin could have been that machine, but...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
7,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Carlisle, PA
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Flipper Parts
FlipMods

Lighting - Led
Lermods

Electronics
Skillshot Combo

$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Erie, CO
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Sacramento, CA
$ 22.50
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Indusguys.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-is-awesome-yes-i-played-it?tu=Indusguys and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.