172 (resized).jpg
171 (resized).jpg
170 (resized).jpg
169 (resized).jpg
168a (resized).jpg
167 (resized).jpg
166a (resized).jpg
164a (resized).jpg
There are 961 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 20.
#251 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Stern with Star Wars is gonna blow this out of the water for MUCH less money
They obviously rushed this out. JJP always said they would be ready to ship when announced and now it's 2nd quarter?
I also think Alien and the next Spooky will blow this away too
Mostly on price
I agree, MAYBE $7k on secondary market. I've got a Woz le and can barely get that now
Good luck with this bath

Does Stern pay you to post this stuff in JJP threads? I'm actually curious.

#252 7 years ago

Jack said there would be a standard. Hasn't priced it yet but would be less than an LE. No shaker, no invisiglass, stainless steel body armour.

#253 7 years ago

The LE and CE are perfect marketing strategies I think. The LE will be limited to the amount ordered up to under 7000 units and hopefully that eliminates the chaos of another LE model as we have seen before.

With the CE I think he was very up front that he will make as many as are ordered before the end of the year.

This whole LE model that people are used to should go by the wayside anyway, because in reality these are not one of a kind collectors items. They are coin operated machines that are meant to be played

#254 7 years ago
Quoted from neurokinetik:

Already announced, Buffalo Pinball will be doing their stream at JJP on October 22.

That's awesome... maybe we can get a 30% off discount code if we watch?

#255 7 years ago

The fact this pin will be a fantastic players pin only makes me more sad it does not have a theme which almost everybody likes.

Really hope jjp survives this dud. Cause even when gameplay is the best we have ever have seen, this pin would not sell well.

Hope jjp goes on with non-wide pins. And lets all hope they pick a theme whne they announce it we all are instantly interested.

This is, still, the only reason to keep on buying stern pins, cause of the theme you like or even 'must have'. If jjp is smart for next pins he needs to find out if the community even likes the theme, if not forget about it and move on to the next one.

Cause 2 of these wrongly chosen themes in a row and it is over. And that would be a shame.

#256 7 years ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

Your hard line on pricing seems odd in light of the McLaren in your garage. How does your thought process compare between pinball and other expensive toys?

Because I feel the McLaren you get everything you should spending the money on it. When you drive it, there is no doubt the asking price is right on the money. The price is equal to the enjoyment. A $9,000 pinball machine? No. Just because I have expensive taste in cars does not make me stupid... if Apple came out with a $2500 "limited edition" iPhone 7 Plus, that has a numbered plaque and a different color on it, would I run out and spend the money? Fuck no

#257 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

With the CE I think he was very up front that he will make as many as are ordered before the end of the year.

I'm guessing 6

#258 7 years ago

If it's 6, 60, or 600, Jack laid it all out in plain English so there are no surprises this time. And I respect that.

#259 7 years ago

After being out of the pinball scene the last 5-6 years, I was finally able to make it to expo this year and get some playtime on many of the new titles I'd heard so much about. Metallica, GB, Hobbit, WOZ, etc.

I was also fortunate to play Dialed In before the crowd assembled. I too, saw the name and thought "meh". It only took one ball for me to not really care what they called it

Agree with the earlier post that mentions lengthy ball times (easy), but i'm thinking JJP likely erred on the side of "fun" when setting up these games. Certainly there are ways for all the "wizards" out there to make it more difficult through post adjustments, software settings, etc.

The game looked and flowed amazing. Had the old Bally/WMS feel. So many great features packed into one game. Selfie mode was a hoot.

Would I buy one? Tempting, but no. I still cant wrap my head around new pins being over $5k But I can tell you that if any "Dialed In" pins appear on location within an hour drive of me they will be getting a lot of my business!

ShopRat

#260 7 years ago

I so badly wanted to like this pin. Maybe I have to give the gameplay videos another shot. I just need to get really, really freaking high first.

#261 7 years ago
Quoted from pinlosopher:

Does Stern pay you to post this stuff in JJP threads? I'm actually curious.

25 cents a post actually. I trying to pay for this stupid JJP price.

Actually, i got accused of being a JJP fan boy kool aid drinker for years. So the real answer is F NO.

#262 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

If it's 6, 60, or 600, Jack laid it all out in plain English so there are no surprises this time. And I respect that.

No comprende señor?

#263 7 years ago

If I look at it sideways and squint my eyes, I can just about get to $9K

I mean STLE was $7600 without a color DMD (let's say they make that happen) that's $8000 without PDI glass let's make that happen that's $8300. STLE (while nicely appointed for a Stern pin) it's too easy to drop another $300(+) in mods that really don't cost that much if they had been built into the game in the first place. Something like Blackout mod could actually be free. I mean just a simple line of code and the lights go dark. I mean so many games will darken the lights it's silly/stupid that that costs extra for STLE. I mean simply put we could ask Stern or suggest that it would look cool with black out mode and if they were in tune to their customers someone could spend a few hours and insert that in the code. I don't think that's overstating the simplicity.

Light around the ship or starburst light etc.. all cheap stuff that Stern left off.

Anyhoo $8600 for a STLE with color dmd, PDI glass and a small amount of mods.

I suppose this pin has more than my hypothetical STLE.

HOWEVER, people would pay that much for a ST pin while maybe not as much for a pin with the main toy is a cell phone or Mic on a stick.

Also, JJP is fighting for survival. They have a beach head but have not established themselves as a here to stay company. (Highway is even farther removed from an established company). So I understand that JJP wants to make money on its pins (as much profit as possible), but sometimes like Tesla (is doing) you might have to lose a little money or maybe make less of a margin in profit to gain market share and keep the factory running.

I believe JJP *should* re-visit their price, at least for the initial 6-month period when the code is not polished and such. maybe like $8K early bird special.

I'm still not saying I'd buy one at $8K but it'd be a darn sight more likely.

#264 7 years ago

Pat's had other games that have had mediocre themes, but amazing gameplay. Namely TAF. That game sold pretty well. I'm not saying JJP will sell DI in those kind of numbers, but once people play it, it'll probably do just fine.

As much as I've been into pinball over the last few decades, when TAF came out, I didn't walk up to it and drop a quarter in it because I loved the movie so much. In fact, I never saw the movie until many years later, on broadcast TV, no less. It was the gameplay that drew me in. I saw how much fun people were having playing it and I wanted to partake as well. I played the crap out of the TAF at my college's rec center for a couple years, never knowing what the callouts meant or what they referenced. I didn't care. The game was a blast to play and that's all that mattered. It's why I own one today. It's just a fun game. It would be a fun game with just about any theme. Given it had the same ruleset and playfield, you could make the theme "Grandma's Bag of Old Knitting Stuff" and it'd STILL be a fun game.

From the video, it looks to me like there's a lot more going on than I can comprehend without actually playing it myself. I'll reserve judgement until such time. But it does look like a fun game, regardless of what words are placed on it.

#265 7 years ago
Quoted from Vyzer2:

Jack said there would be a standard. Hasn't priced it yet but would be less than an LE. No shaker, no invisiglass, stainless steel body armour.

Maybe they'll price the standard in a way that will shut us all up. Maybe the code revisions will make this something truly special.

There's still hope I guess.

#266 7 years ago

If there's a standard version at $7K, I might....might be interested. It seems like a threesome between: Whirlwind, Earthshaker, and Road Show. I actually think that's a good thing.

#267 7 years ago

At up to 7.5 I'd be in. Heck, even 8 is questionable.

9k is too high and just insane. It's a non licences pin, so at hobbit prices jjp should have higher margins.

And 12.5 K for the special edition. Well that's insane

#268 7 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

At up to 7.5 I'd be in. Heck, even 8 is questionable.
9k is too high and just insane. It's a non licences pin, so at hobbit prices jjp should have higher margins.
And 12.5 K for the special edition. Well that's insane

Normally I would agree. But with this pin they needed to pay a premium for the designer. My guess is Pat wasn't free.

I really do wonder what a license on average costs. Anyone know?

#269 7 years ago

I played it twice today. That price tag kills any chance of me buying one.

With that said, if price were no object, I'd say this title is phenomenal. If anyone can remember that feeling the first time they played an earthshaker, a whirlwind, a funhouse, a twilight zone. This title will make you feel like you went back in time 25 years with that happiness of exploring a fully packed playfield that Lawlor is known for, and what looks like could be lots of modes.

#270 7 years ago

I played it and like it. I am in on the collector's edition.

#271 7 years ago

I will buy this game before Batman66, Ghostbusters or Alien...

#272 7 years ago
Quoted from Miguel351:

when TAF came out, I didn't walk up to it and drop a quarter in it because I loved the movie so much. In fact, I never saw the movie until many years later, on broadcast TV, no less. It was the gameplay that drew me in. I saw how much fun people were having playing it and I wanted to partake as well.

You have to look at TAF in context of the era when it came out. It essentially created the "modern" pinball machine - the clear ramps, the DMD, the theme integration and the humour. It was nothing like the other games at the time and was clearly the next generation. But the theme and it's integration into gameplay was part of it.

For Dialed In, the theme doesn't mean anything and I think that's going to hurt it.

#273 7 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

but you agree that it would be Awesome? If there is some part-time connectivity now, it seems they could have a full-time reliable option too. No sense taking something to the 1-yard line and settling for a field goal on 4th down. I say figure out how to get the juices flowing and then give me something to do at work. If I travel for work, by mid week I miss my wife AND my machines. I could remotely power the game. After a brief bootup, I'd start my first game. - Cool. Does it do any of that? Because that would make me excited as hell.

I watched Jack do a Periscope this afternoon of a photoshoot of the machine, and someone was operating it by phone in single-ball play. So that's in there already, if not enabled regularly.

https://www.periscope.tv/w/atApiTI1OTQ3MTV8MVlwS2tBUlZsd1pKauUc3mD6vGdby2mrHzFnWl_LAcLFRqwjA9sYCjnr6CbH

#274 7 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

I will buy this game before Batman66, Ghostbusters or Alien...

By all means further cement your super JJP nut hugger status.

#276 7 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

I hate the name. I hate selfies. I hate the phone on the playfield. I hate that it can communicate with my phone. I hate the idea of waving your hand in the air to scratch off a lottery ticket. Seems like lots of gimmicky ideas targeted at the Pokemon crowd. Also, I hate the price. Probably $9500 shipped. Simply not for me.

Nailed it right there......and that crowd don't play pinball.

Like others have said a name CAN be a deal breaker or a reason NOT to play. Just my humble opinion.

#277 7 years ago

I'm in - the game play looks awesome and I think it's going to be great on location.

-Jay

#278 7 years ago

Yep im in also

#279 7 years ago
Quoted from dzoomer:

By all means further cement your super JJP nut hugger status.

I already did by my comment.

#280 7 years ago

I played the game and it fun and probably great. I would definitely consider buying. I am not wild about the price but the value is much better than GB LE's imho.

I just don't like the idea of spending so much in one pin. Right now there are 5 weather modes and more to come.

I.agree with Skyemont on the value point.

#281 7 years ago

Nuthugger status.

A couple of dozen nut huggers and the other 476 people that put a deposit down pre announcement are running for the exits!

#282 7 years ago
Quoted from indybru:

I played the game and it fun and probably great. I would definitely consider buying. I am not wild about the price but the value is much better than GB LE's imho.
I just don't like the idea of spending so much in one pin.

Why not spend the $$$, they are only theoretically making 6,999. Yeah, that's some major value right there. What a joke

#283 7 years ago

Did they have LE and Collector version to play?
Other than plaque/ signatures what are the true differences?

#284 7 years ago

JJP/Pat could have picked any theme, anything in the world that a good imagination could dream up, and this is what they came up with. That is just down right disappointing. Even if the game plays great, it will always be in the back of my mind... what if? Sure I will play DI and sure I will like it, not many Pins I don't like.

From a business perspective first impressions are what make money, this title does not make a good first impression. There is no reason with all the themes they could have created that I should be sitting here thinking, "well if the game play is good, then it's ok". That is not good enough for me, theme is #1, then I will determine if the gameplay is good, then I will purchase it. If the theme turns me off, I just don't care how good the gameplay is, it will never move me to spend that kind of money.

However, if the theme nails it, I will do what ever it takes to get the machine of my dreams, and this pin could have been that machine, but...

#285 7 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Did they have LE and Collector version to play?
Other than plaque/ signatures what are the true differences?

Nothing. Lunch with Jack and Pat, not kidding.

This reminds me of TBL and everybody trying to convince themselves how great it is despite the stupid price.

Good luck with that. 250 or so TBL's? Maybe there are enough people to get to that #? There you go, a true LE

#286 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Nuthugger status.
A couple of dozen nut huggers and the other 476 people that put a deposit down pre announcement are running for the exits!

Go play your SHITbusters and enjoy the air balls. LMAO..

#287 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Why not spend the $$$, they are only theoretically making 6,999. Yeah, that's some major value right there. What a joke

Says the guy buying an overpriced, low quality semi re-theme of an already made pinball machine

#288 7 years ago

Unfortunately some people have a piss poor attitude for something they haven't even played .

People in line to play were complaining about the idiots that exist on pinside . They have no idea on gameplay.

#289 7 years ago
Quoted from Aphex:

this is good to hear. did anyone stream or upload Pat speaking about the game? how much are they asking for this game?

Aphex Twin fan.... Nice. Have a good bit on Vynil myself

#290 7 years ago
Quoted from indybru:

Unfortunately some people have a piss poor attitude for something they haven't even played .
People in line to play were complaining about the idiots that exist on pinside . They have no idea on gameplay.

I'm on a bunch of different tech type forums, and pinside takes the cake for negativity/stupidity/trolling out of all of them. There are some great people here, don't get my wrong, but hot damn there are so many babies here...

#291 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

They aren't necessarily making 6,999 of these. If they sell that many, great. But the reasoning behind 1-6,999 was that customers were asking for higher numbers as their game number.

#292 7 years ago
Quoted from brucipher:

I'm on a bunch of different tech type forums, and pinside takes the cake for negativity/stupidity/trolling out of all of them. There are some great people here, don't get my wrong, but hot damn there are so many babies here...

Its getting worse by the day

#293 7 years ago

Man pinside is a miserable place to be anymore..... so many people that sld be happy for new pins and technology advancements but nothing any company does will ever be good enough.... its a real shame that a fun hobby and great site has to be so negative.... its a freaking toy ....

#294 7 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Man pinside is a miserable place to be anymore..... so many people that sld be happy for new pins and technology advancements but nothing any company does will ever be good enough.... its a real shame that a fun hobby and great site has to be so negative.... its a freaking toy ....

It's a freaking toy that costs $9500.00 shipped. I think that is just one source of the negativity that you complain about when it comes to this pin.

#295 7 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Couldn't agree more. The sheer amount of negativity is just pathetic. This is a great time for pinball with all the new games being made. We all are technically here because we like pinball. Yet nothing is good enough.

If the prices are too high, then don't buy the machine and only play it on location. Simple as that. And the amount of negativity after not even playing the game is just sad.

#296 7 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Go over to the Alien threads. Happy group over there.

#297 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

It's a freaking toy that costs $9500.00 shipped. I think that is just one source of the negativity that you complain about when it comes to this pin.

Who cares dont buy it as there are plenty of affordable pins available for u to purchase. If u want the newest and greatest with tons of toys , big screen , new technology, all rgb lighting and lots of just over the top toys and features ...well its unfortunately gonna cost 9k... at least you get a fully loaded full featured pin from jjp unlike other companies for the same money.

#298 7 years ago
Quoted from pinballer0415:

They aren't necessarily making 6,999 of these. If they sell that many, great. But the reasoning behind 1-6,999 was that customers were asking for higher numbers as their game number.

Really, you believe that shit?

I get the fact that there will be many more "LE's" after the fact, down the road, but that is a pathetic excuse!

Quoted from bigd1979:

its a freaking toy

Get in line. $9500. A F ing joke for 7000 limited editions.

I might buy yours for $6500 next year

And you are one of the biggest daily whiners

#299 7 years ago

I don't see how expressing some dissapointment in the theme (or at least the initial presentation of the theme) along with concern over ever increasing prices is overly negative.

I have not heard anyone say they don't want to play the game or think the game itself is not great and fun looking. I don't think you need to play the game to be able to say you're not enthusiastic about the name do you?

Myself I'm in the camp of being a bit disappointed with the title... the theme as more details have come out sounds cool but it was not presented that way nor does the title convey the theme. You can't blame us for not being there, we only have the input were given and everyone was very interested in this game so yeah were going to talk about what info were given.

I'm looking forward to playing it, whether or not its a buy for me is still dependent on whether I personally like the play, that was the case before the presentation and it still is now.

#300 7 years ago

Looks better than Ghostbusters.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Flipper Parts
FlipMods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pittsburgh, PA
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Hilton Head Island, SC
Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

Machine - For Sale
Hampshire, IL
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 961 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 20.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-is-awesome-yes-i-played-it/page/6?hl=trunchbull and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.