172 (resized).jpg
171 (resized).jpg
170 (resized).jpg
169 (resized).jpg
168a (resized).jpg
167 (resized).jpg
166a (resized).jpg
164a (resized).jpg

There are 961 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 20.
#151 7 years ago

Will there be a non CE or LE edition...something cheaper?

#152 7 years ago

Not at EXPO but have watched a few videos.

My thought which probably are not worth 2 cents...if this game is more about playing through a bunch of disaster scenarios, I agree they could simply change the name and artwork with the new name and it sounds like folks would be pretty happy (except for the price tag). Keep the phone, selfies, etc since that has already been engineered into the gameplay and it IS innovated and possibly will be appreciated by non-pinheads but those innovations don't need to be what the game is actually named after. Just make a generalized disaster end-of-the-world type theme where the goal is to survive/save the world. Nothing wrong at all to use the cell phone while you do it.

This title I'm guessing I will buy in the secondary market as there is no way LEs will hold their value, IMO with 7000 being made. Now I only have to hope a many, many others feel the need to buy this NIB so I can buy it from them at a discounted price in the future.

Darin

#153 7 years ago

Are there any distributors that will sell it cheaper then the $9000 price like the Stern distributors do? Maybe include shipping in the price?

#154 7 years ago

Stern with Star Wars is gonna blow this out of the water for MUCH less money

They obviously rushed this out. JJP always said they would be ready to ship when announced and now it's 2nd quarter?

I also think Alien and the next Spooky will blow this away too

Mostly on price

I agree, MAYBE $7k on secondary market. I've got a Woz le and can barely get that now

Good luck with this bath

#155 7 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

We got to play the game remotely with the phone. So much potential. Tons of fun.

I have 0 desire to do that

#156 7 years ago

Jack said in the presentation this would ship Q2 of 2017, so April-June of next year. Am I correct in thinking that you'd have to pay in full for the LE by December 31, but delivery could be up to 6 months later?

EDIT: Only the $250 deposit is required now. The web site may appear to charge the full amount, but they'll adjust it to $250.

#157 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

much less? or are the gonna gouge every possible cent out of it

#158 7 years ago

I'm not really feeling the name either, but Quantum City is too bland, and neither really underlines the "hook".

#159 7 years ago
Quoted from brundaged:

Jack said in the presentation this would ship Q2 of 2017, so April-June of next year. Am I correct in thinking that you'd have to pay in full for the LE by December 31, but delivery could be up to 6 months later?

That BS ain't gonna fly

#160 7 years ago

I am confused by those that feel changing the name is a "major league" need.

What I'm wondering now for operators to share, does this make money at $1.00 per game?
Does it accept a $5 Bill?
Or if it's blue tooth, can you connect vi paypal, and run up a "tab"?

#161 7 years ago
Quoted from trunchbull:

Slightly off-topic, but what is it with people over 40 going into paroxysms over the concept of selfies?

Well, back in the day people who would take pictures of themselves on a regular/daily basis were sent to psychiatry for narcissistic personality disorder.

#162 7 years ago
Quoted from trunchbull:

I'm not really feeling the name either, but Quantum City is too bland, and neither really underlines the "hook".

Quantum City Disaster?

#163 7 years ago
Quoted from brundaged:

$250 deposit for DILE with the balance paid when game is complete--right from the website. Seems pretty fair to me.

#164 7 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

They should have went into the next room, grabbed Jack Danger, had him put his playfield cams on the game and let Pat play and explain the game on Twitch at a high resolution.

That's actually a great idea. They should absolutely do this tonight.

Edit: Wait, I think Jack Danger is already busy doing stuff for Stern this event though. But getting a reveal through a nice Twitch setup is a great future plan still. Maybe they can get Buffalo Pinball to do it in later years.

#165 7 years ago
Quoted from BrianBannon:

$250 deposit for DILE with the balance paid when game is complete--right from the website. Seems pretty fair to me.

That's what prompted the question. I tried to place an order for the $250 deposit on their web site and it immediately wanted to charge the full $9,000.

#166 7 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

I am confused by those that feel changing the name is a "major league" need.
What I'm wondering now for operators to share, does this make money at $1.00 per game?
Does it accept a $5 Bill?
Or if it's blue tooth, can you connect vi paypal, and run up a "tab"?

I am sure that you can install a DBA that will take anything from $1 to $20. Real question would be how much per game and do you offer a bonus or not?

#167 7 years ago
Quoted from brundaged:

That's what prompted the question. I tried to place an order for the $250 deposit on their web site and it immediately wanted to charge the full $9,000.

Call Katie and she can take your order over the phone. Their website was just recently updated, could be a snag or two on there.

#168 7 years ago

Consider this. STLE was $8K NIB two years ago. It's the most I've ever paid for a Stern pin. It came out with a very pretty art package, and was very light on expensive, complicated mechs you interact with. This JJP machine has more flash, and a lot more tech built in. I'm fine with the $9K price - when you compare it with what you get on a Stern LE/Premium nowadays.

I have to play it more while I'm here at Expo, to decide if I want to get one. When flipping the shots feel compelling and there is a lot more that I haven't seen yet. It just oozes quality and innovation but I need more time on it to judge the fun factor.

#169 7 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

Quantum City Disaster?

Quantum City Apocalypse

#170 7 years ago
Quoted from BrianBannon:

I am sure that you can install a DBA that will take anything from $1 to $20. Real question would be how much per game and do you offer a bonus or not?

Agreed, ops know.......on a 10k game, what
would they charge per game?

#171 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

They obviously rushed this out. JJP always said they would be ready to ship when announced and now it's 2nd quarter?
I also think Alien and the next Spooky will blow this away too
Mostly on price
I agree, MAYBE $7k on secondary market. I've got a Woz le and can barely get that now
Good luck with this bath

Stern Star Wars? Blow this out of the water?

If Stern makes a Star Wars it will have two ramps, 5 stand up targets, three bumpers, two flippers and a bash toy Millenium Falcon that shakes around when hit.....and that is for the 10k LE. The code will take 18 months to be somewhat complete, the plywood playfield will have one less "ply" than SM66, and the inserts will ghost like no tomorrow. You will be able to take the lock down bar and twist it 40 degrees with your bare hands and the decals will start peeling within around 6 months.

You know I'm right.....

#172 7 years ago
Quoted from SimonBaird:

If this game had been $6500 or $7000 everyone would be loving the "theme" that's the truth. Jack banked on Pats brand and from what I've seen of the short video and people that have played reactions he picked a winner designer, Pat with Keith coding and a solid budget will produce a great playing game and almost certainly dialled in will be a great playing game. Unfortunately Jack forgot that twilight zone and Addams family were both licensed themes and despite Pats reputation you still need a license to be the number 1 selling pinball of all time, nothing Pat could of done to change that. Add in a price at least 20% above people's estimates going in and yes the backlash we seeing is understandable. As much as Jack makes a quality product he has not been able to combine all elements together to create a truly stellar product that secures his place in pinball history. Stern has produced LOTR, Spider-Man , Simpsons, Acdc, Ironman, Metallica etc.. Etc.. This history alone gives them credibility only matched by Bally/williams golden age. JJP needs to have at least one smash out hit that transcends the fanboys and haters and is universally acknowledged as one of the great pinball tables of all time. WOZ was close but not quite universally loved to cement the JJP brand or make it bullet proof. Based on what I've seen and the positive feedback of the gameplay and videos, had JJP given Pat say toy story or bond, most of us would be singing a different tune.
Jack needs to get things 100% right on the next machine (if there is one) and cement themselves as a true Stern competitor. No one else has anywhere near the capabilities to take it to Stern like JJP, yet he is letting himself be upstaged by a bug ridden, alien. Hell he is even getting upstaged by Jpop 2.0 in American pinball that is how bad things are.

So WoZ is a top 20 pinball machine now (actually ranks in at 18). Seeing as JJP has had a grand total of three machines, I find it nothing short of amazing they broke the top 20 with their first pinball machine. I guess I am disagreeing that JJP has not established themselves in "pinball history". In my mind JJP will be remembered for being the innovator when pinball was stagnant. They raised the bar in so many areas (screen, quality, OS, cabinet design, etc...) I do agree though, they are pricing themselves out of the market. These major price increases are too much.

In my mind JJP needs to make two changes ASAP:

1) Change the name/theme. Do it quickly. Listen to your potential customers JJP!
2) Reconsider the pricing model. I think they are pricing a lot of potential customers out of the high-end pinball market.

It has been over a year now that I have owned WoZ. I still think it by far the best pinball machine ever made. Not even a close second out there.

Either way I hope JJP gets thru this launch ok. Really want to see them succeed.

#173 7 years ago

I've watched a bunch of game play videos today and really like what I see. I'm still not a fan of the theme, but that could change actually being able to play one. Man, I wish they would come out with a standard version. For around $7500 or so. It would make it so much easier to pull the trigger on a game that doesn't have a theme that grabs me right away, but has good gameplay. It would be a bit easier on the ops too.

Brian

#174 7 years ago
Quoted from gearheaddropping:

Stern Star Wars? Blow this out of the water?
If Stern makes a Star Wars it will have two ramps, 5 stand up targets, three bumpers, two flippers and a bash toy Millenium Falcon that shakes around when hit.....and that is for the 10k LE. The code will take 18 months to be somewhat complete, the plywood playfield will have one less "ply" than SM66, and the inserts will ghost like no tomorrow. You will be able to take the lock down bar and twist it 40 degrees with your bare hands and the decals will start peeling within around 6 months.
You know I'm right.....

Dat theme doh

#175 7 years ago
Quoted from iamabearsfan:

So WoZ is a top 20 pinball machine now (actually ranks in at 18). Seeing as JJP has had a grand total of three machines, I find it nothing short of amazing they broke the top 20 with their first pinball machine. I guess I am disagreeing that JJP has not established themselves in "pinball history". In my mind JJP will be remembered for being the innovator when pinball was stagnant. They raised the bar in so many areas (screen, quality, OS, cabinet design, etc...) I do agree though, they are pricing themselves out of the market. These major price increases are too much.
In my mind JJP needs to make two changes ASAP:
1) Change the name/theme. Do it quickly. Listen to your potential customers JJP!
2) Reconsider the pricing model. I think they are pricing a lot of potential customers out of the high-end pinball market.
It has been over a year now that I have owned WoZ. I still think it by far the best pinball machine ever made. Not even a close second out there.
Either way I hope JJP gets thru this launch ok. Really want to see them succeed.

I am in agreement. WOZ is a great game. I also think Hobbit is a great game and a ton of fun.

I think the price will come down if there is light demand...the investors will insist on it. I could see a $1000 off sale on Dialed In for Black Friday just generate some potential sales.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#176 7 years ago

Dialed In is a suck theme....no doubt. Star Wars is an awesome theme....no doubt. I just don't seen an end to Stern's cost cutting/price raising especially since they need to recoup the engineering and new required animations for the future games.

#177 7 years ago
Quoted from nikpinball:

After initially hating it and complaining, i decided to ignore pinside and i watched every gameplay video i could find and have changed my tune. The game plays pretty rad. Please convince Marvin to get one for stonehenge I cant price it for home but id love to have access to one.

He is getting one

#178 7 years ago
Quoted from pinghetto:

I wish they would come out with a standard version. For around $7500 or so.

that should be the full feature price

#179 7 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

I'm sure the cell phone always ringing will be a simple feature adjustment and/or default setting might get tweaked prior to shipping.

Cell only rings when mb start is ready.. the 'bad guys'? want the phone back. Shoot phone to start mb. Can lock up to 3 balls before answering

#180 7 years ago

Mentioned this smart phone connection to a few 20 somethings at work. They said, "That that was cool". These guys do know what a pinball machine is, and have played them.

#181 7 years ago

Too rich for my blood.

1ccr53 (resized).jpg1ccr53 (resized).jpg

#182 7 years ago

Seems <almost> everybody agrees on 3 major points. I do.
- The name s.xx . This should be the easiest part to fix before release..
- The price is too high. Will be much more difficult to fix
- The playfield and gameplay look very promising and there is a huge potential with this playfield, the cam etc...

TBC...

#183 7 years ago

Hell even untitle the pin or call it JJP3 that's better than Dialed In.

I'm aware the phrase is a play on the pinball term dialed in but I'm not amused.

#184 7 years ago
Quoted from pinballkyle:

I should also mention Bluetooth connectivity is brilliant!!! Maybe not for flipping from your phone but I can see an app that has online leaderboards per location and that could be incredible. Major innovation leaps here

Are you going to get one Kyle?

#185 7 years ago
Quoted from brundaged:

Nope refundable 250.00 now and pay the rest when pin is ready which im completely fine with ....

#186 7 years ago

I'm here at the Expo and sat in on the reveal. My initial reaction was very lukewarm based on the theme.

Now that I've played the game a few times I really like it. It has satisfying shots and I like the geometry. The goofy characters and "city under attack" theme have actually grown on me. Everyone I've played with seems to really like the game. The build quality is very nice. Amazingly they have 5 games being played non-stop and I've seen no issues so far. You really need to play this to appreciate it.

#187 7 years ago

I agree, Dialed In sucks as a name. It "can" be changed if people really complain. Remember the initial reveal of the Hobbit playfield? People were like "Ugh." and JJP quickly did a do-over and it was definitely well received. Change it to "ITEOTWAWKI" and license the REM song. No, I'm not going to explain that you figure it out. Call it FUBAR! and people would like it better.

Seriously though, I doubt potential players are going to walk up, read the name, shake their heads and walk away. It looks cool. I want to play it. Now.

The elephant in the room is the pricing. $9k is too much. $9k is a year of tuition at almost any state university in the country. $9k is a really nice car. $9k is a pile of other pinball machines. If Jack really sold 500 of these sight-unseen that's $4.5M. Yes, I see his point from a revenue standpoint but I think it's a real sales-limiter.

From a tech standpoint I'm ambivalent about the selfies. I see some privacy issues in certain jurisdictions..are these images retained? Is the metadata of my image sent anywhere? Do my high scores follow me from game to game? (I actually like that bit) Imagine your "O" face. Want that made public? My "P" face is at least as bad I have no doubt.

The bluetooth remote-play bit has some applications that nobody has touched on yet. I owned a RCT once (yay Pat!) that had an accessibility panel installed that allowed you to plug in alternate controls. Imagine you were paralyzed and could only move your head or had lost your arms and had to use your feet. That sort of thing. This game could open up pinball to an entirely new group of players. You know what I want? Eye tracking for flipper actuation. I want to see Stephen Hawking play pinball.

Price is still too high.

#188 7 years ago
Quoted from BrianBannon:

Call Katie and she can take your order over the phone. Their website was just recently updated, could be a snag or two on there.

Confirmed. Both Katie and Jen let me know that only a $250 deposit is required now. The web site looks like it will charge the full amount, but they process the payment for $250 manually when the order comes in.

I think it's a great location game that's going to do well.

#189 7 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Quantum City Apocalypse

This is the best idea of a helpful game title that I've seen so far, but in any case it'll be hard to come up with a new name that can give people accurate expectations for the game. A few days ago someone posted a picture from Expo of a sign of a guy holding a cell phone high up in the air and I immediately thought of Stephen King's Cell. It was a good book but not so great movie that came out earlier this year. Basically, in that book/movie cell phone sounds suddenly started turning people into something akin to Zombies or flocking animals. That made sense to me. However, what I've heard so far about this new pinball game doesn't click easily in my mind, nor does an examination of the eclectic playfield features give me a strong idea what the game is really about (hence the necessity of the comic, which is where this whole thing fails, besides the price). So, I personally think that no matter what JJP does, the only way this game will generate a lot of sales will be once people play early adopter's games in depth and decide they want one. If it was more affordable it might trickle sale along those lines for a long time. In any case, this was not the game to try to sale 6,999 LEs at $9K.

#190 7 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Nope refundable 250.00 now and pay the rest when pin is ready which im completely fine with ....

This is correct. The web site ordering process had me confused.

#191 7 years ago

When is Chicago Gaming planning to announce its next remake?

#192 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

That BS ain't gonna fly

I was wrong. The web site confused me.

#193 7 years ago
Quoted from bjsilverballs:

$9k is a year of tuition at almost any state university in the country.

#194 7 years ago

Well, I think it looks like a lot of fun and classically Lawlor. It is exactly what I was expecting from the October 2015 leak detailed right here on Pinside. Pat and JJP have a lot to prove, however, before I am willing to drop $9k.

IMG_0200 (resized).PNGIMG_0200 (resized).PNG

#195 7 years ago

After seeing Sterns reveal of BM66 and the insane pricing on those I thought JJP had a chance to knock one out of the park. But the JJP reveal was terribly orchestrated as was the video footage. JJP has gone the same direction as Stern with the insane pricing. Totally blown chance to hit one out of the park but instead it came across as a flop.

$9000 for a LE and they are going to make up to 6999 of them. How is that a Limited Edition, and $12,500 for the SE. what are they smoking? I realize there are some collectors with deep pockets that can shell out that kind of money, but the majority of the pinball guys I know can't and won't spend that kind of money on a new game. How many operators can afford to spend that much for a game to route, it better be in an awesome location because that's a crazy amount of plays to pay that off.

I also agree with most that the title sucks and I think that was a big part of the turn off during the reveal. Imagine how this would have been different if the title was "Quantum City" and the price had been $6999. The place would have exploded and the orders would have flooded in. The game play looks good and the feedback from those that have played it are favorable, but the pricing is a huge buzz kill. They will sell some of these but I don't think the number will be anywhere near 6999 units, I doubt it will be half that many.

JJP I think you missed your chance to take a much bigger part of the pinball market and become a major player with Stern. Just my two cents

#196 7 years ago

So, if the theme of the game is a city under attack....

Under Attack.

#197 7 years ago

Or

Quantum Defender.

#198 7 years ago

hqdefault (resized).jpghqdefault (resized).jpg

#199 7 years ago
Quoted from bjsilverballs:

$9k is a really nice car

Where do you buy your cars from?!?

#200 7 years ago

How come everyone seems ok (not happy of course)with basically a 9500 batman remake but yet dialed in at 9k with tons more innovation and gameplay features than any stern ever is to much? Not to mention much better quality and u get invisaglass , shaker, 27in tv, powdercoat and external volume, 5 speakers with 2.1 stereo and much more?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
5,815 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Worcester, MA
There are 961 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 20.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-is-awesome-yes-i-played-it/page/4?hl=rustylizard and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.