172 (resized).jpg
171 (resized).jpg
170 (resized).jpg
169 (resized).jpg
168a (resized).jpg
167 (resized).jpg
166a (resized).jpg
164a (resized).jpg
There are 961 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 20.
#901 7 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Unless pinball is unique, this isn't how business works. It's ethically wrong. Why you want to make it a thing and give them a pass is insane. I should take into account that you're probably trolling right now anyway though...

I know because I was the sucker when WOZ and TH were released (at least I got good discounts). Learn from other people's mistakes.

#902 7 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

pinball is unique

Hell ya it is!

#903 7 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

I would love to see what stocks you have in your portfolio. Just drop it.

You people will accept and defend anything. This is why Skit-B or J-Pop happen. Nobody wants to hold people accountable for poor behavior. It's absolutely nutty.

#904 7 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

You people will accept

#905 7 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

You people will accept and defend anything. This is why Skit-B or J-Pop happen. Nobody wants to hold people accountable for poor behavior. It's absolutely nutty.

I am on your side about preorder money funding pinball production, it is nutty and shouldn't be happening anymore.
But $250 isn't funding production. Its probably not even going to JJP.

We are talking about 250 dollars here. If it was 2500 I understand.
Where do you draw the line? is $100 'unethical'? how about $10
How does a proper pinball company gauge interest in a title? Stern is the biggest and they made 500 x GBLE, and 700 x GOT. They got it the wrong way.

How do you order parts if you don't know how many machines you are going to make? What do you suggest they do?

Are we even talking about the same thing here or am I confused?

#906 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Well, the second you decide to get into the pinball distributor biz, people should definitely do their pre-order business through your company.
Alas, you aren't in the biz, and I'm afraid that those who are would have a terribly difficult time turning away a walk-in with $9,000 burning a hole in his pocket. I'm not saying it doesn't make them "a dick" but we live in the real world here.

Quoted from KingPinGames:

Real world has exceptions. My customers are filled on a first money in, first game out basis (unless they ask for a later run). Running a successful business isn't always about the amount of money you can make (as long as you can pay your bills), but about how many of your customers feel that they have a friend in you. I would much rather have 20 returning customers than the money from 30 one time impatient people.
Now, I am not automated. I do not buy and stock hundreds of pinballs, but my customers know that I answer the phone seven days a week. They know that they will see me at the local shows. They know that I will support the local operators so they can play these amazing games before parting with their hard earned money. They know that I'm in this for the enjoyment of pinball.
What most don't know is that pinball sales make up maybe 5% of my total sales, but takes up probably 25% of my time. I do this for the fun that it brings others.

#907 7 years ago

Real world has exceptions. My customers are filled on a first money in, first game out basis (unless they ask for a later run). Running a successful business isn't always about the amount of money you can make (as long as you can pay your bills), but about how many of your customers feel that they have a friend in you. I would much rather have 20 returning customers than the money from 30 one time impatient people.
Now, I am not automated. I do not buy and stock hundreds of pinballs, but my customers know that I answer the phone seven days a week. They know that they will see me at the local shows. They know that I will support the local operators so they can play these amazing games before parting with their hard earned money. They know that I'm in this for the enjoyment of pinball.
What most don't know is that pinball sales make up maybe 5% of my total sales, but takes up probably 25% of my time. I do this for the fun that it brings others.

Well said Chris!

#908 7 years ago

Great feedback. You will sell a lot of DI!'s I believe. Thanks for the distributor view.

#909 7 years ago

These latest videos solidify my opinion of the game that I first had when playing it at Expo. The playfield layout is very cool, but it is definitely a long ball time game. I'm hoping it can be made to play much harder, or it won't be something I'll be looking to add to my collection.

#910 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

These latest videos solidify my opinion of the game that I first had when playing it at Expo. The playfield layout is very cool, but it is definitely a long ball time game. I'm hoping it can be made to play much harder, or it won't be something I'll be looking to add to my collection.

I set my games up to be difficult. I've yet to find a game come through my collection that can't be made fairly hard.

#911 7 years ago

Agreed... ive made all my b/w pins very difficult so im sure u can make dialed in....

1 week later
#913 7 years ago

OMG... DI is at free gold watch?! So going there next week.

#914 7 years ago

My buddy went to fgw today says dialed inn is off the hook he's buying one

#915 7 years ago

yeah pretty fun - only played one game on it since it was team league night but got like 587,000 - scoring is low on this but it was pretty fun. Wish the flippers were a bit snappier but this isn't a production game. Looking forward to exploring the game more but definitely pretty fun right off the bat and much easier feeling of knowing what to do than previous JJP games IMHO... Will be at FGW for a bit so stop by (then play my Iron Man in the way way back - shameless plug

#916 7 years ago
Quoted from genex:

Wish the flippers were a bit snappier but this isn't a production game

This seems to be a common complaint with most JJPs on factory settings, doesn't it? I turned up the flipper strength a little on my WOZ and people love the way it plays.

#917 7 years ago
Quoted from ryanwanger:

I turned up the flipper strength a little on my WOZ ...

You can turn up the flipper strength in JJP games?

#918 7 years ago
Quoted from Yoski:

You can turn up the flipper strength in JJP games?

yes, you can actually adjust the strength of each coil individually. there is a warning screen that advises you do not adjust them unless you are having issues though.

it is in the menu under coil settings.

#919 7 years ago

Looks like the first batch of playfields have arrived. Looking good!!!

IMG_4072 (resized).JPGIMG_4072 (resized).JPG

#920 7 years ago

Thanks for this. Great video of the game in terms of watching a pretty good pinball player using her smartphone to operate the flippers in lieu of the flipper buttons. Great idea to connect with the younger Urchins and also to keep their grubbies off the machine....

#921 7 years ago

Okay... this weekend I'm committed... finally going to visit Free Gold Watch AND get hands on time with Dialed In. Super excited!!

#922 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Pat:

Thanks for the photo. Great news.

#923 7 years ago

Free Gold watch is awesome! Great row of top games, ended up playing for about 4 hours (2-3 on dialed in) there and met up with some other awesome pinsiders.

My wife is heading up tonight so I will go back tomorrow or Saturday with her to get some more time in on Dialed In.

The game is a lot of fun and according to the guys at FGW, its been getting near constant play since arriving. The magnet action is totally wild, gotta keep the middle of the playfield clear during multiball otherwise magnets get dangerous. The kickback save seemed pretty generous to the point where the left outlane didn't feel like much of a risk (Adjustable I'm sure). Flipper attack is cool... its not enough to completely loose control but enough so someone can't sit there holding the ball.

The rules seem simple yet there are lots of modes... Didn't get enough play to know if there is stacking or wizard modes or anything like that... it felt like we were just scratching the surface of the game and its going to take some time to learn it all. Combo ramps are awesome and my god, theres so many paths the ball can take up there in the top half of the play-field.

I honestly have not yet made up my mind though. I probably would jump on it except for having had played AS last weekend which was also a blast and my wife already fell in love with it.... although next to a DI I think would look pretty bare.

There may only be one solution... get both. We shal see... in the meantime I think I will always be open to dropping a pocket full of quarters into DI.

#924 7 years ago

Are you seriously considering buying this game to sit next to AS already? It's like 20% prototype at best. Seems a bit early to get excited. Also, not a good idea to 'assume' left kickback is adjustable, as someone mentioned Pat Lawlor has this game set up the way he thinks is best which concerns me that he envisions this game to be for children. Easy... Long ball times.. Handy-Manny Theme.. Tiny flipper shocks just to tickle you for giggles but not affect ball much. I implore you to wait 7 months. If Im wrong, then buy it. As always, I hope I'm wrong!

#925 7 years ago
Quoted from Bond_Gadget_007:

Are you seriously considering buying this game to sit next to AS already? It's like 20% prototype at best. Seems a bit early to get excited. Also, not a good idea to 'assume' left kickback is adjustable, as someone mentioned Pat Lawlor has this game set up the way he thinks is best which concerns me that he envisions this game to be for children. Easy... Long ball times.. Handy-Manny Theme.. Tiny flipper shocks just to tickle you for giggles but not affect ball much. I implore you to wait 7 months. If Im wrong, then buy it. As always, I hope I'm wrong!

Everything is adjustable to make things eaiser or more difficult just like they always have been?

#926 7 years ago
Quoted from Bond_Gadget_007:

20% prototype? Dialed In looks much further along then 20%.

#927 7 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

20% prototype? Dialed In looks much further along then 20%.

It is.... and code is really awesome anf not done yet. Gonna be a great game imo

#928 7 years ago

Dialed In is done. According to Jack code is at 95%. Playfields are in in and games are likely going to be rolling off the line in a little over a month.

Also I did not say I was considering them side by side... Itwas a joke that the solution to deciding would be to buy both (otherwise I wouldn't be deciding). And yes having seen and played both in person AS would look pretty sparce next to DI. Thats not bad... they are both fun in different ways.

Not adjustable? Obviously your not at all familiear with JJP's game platform... everything is adjustable down to obsurd detail. However nobody really knows yet so I left it as an assumption.

Anyway got a good amount more play in today and and much better games... even got within a breath away from the top 8.

An intriguing feature to explore here: Started unlocking phone upgrades, noticed it would award a single letter in Dialed In, not yet sure what else it unlocks. Also found a couple more multi-balls. It definitely has that one more game factor as we kept getting drawn back over to it.

I think DI does have more lasting power however DI is also about 60% more expensive than AS. Is there 60% more to the game? Yeah I think so and more... yet I'm still torn.

#929 7 years ago

So to add my wifes take on it, she put it like this....

How did you like Dialed In today?
Dialed In was a lot of fun...

What about it compared to AS?
You know... with Aerosmith, its very fun and the trunck lock is really super cool but also the game is in general pretty predictable. With Dialed In it is also a lot of fun but also there are so many things going on all over the place that walking up you have no idea what is going to happen. Also there seems to be a lot more different goals, ways to achieve them and additional things to discover. Is that what you would call more debth?

I believe her journey to the dark side is now complete.

#930 7 years ago
Quoted from merccat:

So to add my wifes take on it, she put it like this....
How did you like Dialed In today?
Dialed In was a lot of fun...
What about it compared to AS?
You know... with Aerosmith, its very fun and the trunck lock is really super cool but also the game is in general pretty predictable. With Dialed In it is also a lot of fun but also there are so many things going on all over the place that walking up you have no idea what is going to happen. Also there seems to be a lot more different goals, ways to achieve them and additional things to discover. Is that what you would call more debth?
I believe her journey to the dark side is now complete.

Great take imo.... cant wait to get my dialed inle and discover all its cool shit. It has 5 magnets and tons of features and mechs plus a very cool and out of the box
quirky theme and code is looking great and very neat

#931 7 years ago
Quoted from merccat:

Dialed In is done. According to Jack code is at 95%. Playfields are in in and games are likely going to be rolling off the line in a little over a month.
Also I did not say I was considering them side by side... Itwas a joke that the solution to deciding would be to buy both (otherwise I wouldn't be deciding). And yes having seen and played both in person AS would look pretty sparce next to DI. Thats not bad... they are both fun in different ways.
Not adjustable? Obviously your not at all familiear with JJP's game platform... everything is adjustable down to obsurd detail. However nobody really knows yet so I left it as an assumption.
Anyway got a good amount more play in today and and much better games... even got within a breath away from the top 8.
An intriguing feature to explore here: Started unlocking phone upgrades, noticed it would award a single letter in Dialed In, not yet sure what else it unlocks. Also found a couple more multi-balls. It definitely has that one more game factor as we kept getting drawn back over to it.
I think DI does have more lasting power however DI is also about 60% more expensive than AS. Is there 60% more to the game? Yeah I think so and more... yet I'm still torn.

I've played both and they are both great games but I'm sorry Aerosmith is almost 3000$ cheaper and honestly there is not just one element to a game and that is where Aerosmith is better then dialed in. I'd say just off the top of my head the music, artwork and bob the builder vs Jackie well all bob the builder is mick on the stick and Jackie is one of the best toys ever in a pinball machine. Aerosmith has got it all and dialed in just doesn't especially at 8 or 9k

1 week later
#932 7 years ago

I played dialed in at fgw for hours had a blast the game is off the hook imo then on my way home i picked up my areosmith pro at the shipping yard came home set it up played areosmith and hated it sold it two days later i didnt like the music at all just one song i kept trying to force myself to like it unfortunately never happened i know a lotta people will enjoy areosmith but dialed inn ruined it for me

#933 7 years ago

Had a chance to play Dialed In at the French Flip Expo event where Zpeakaboncks.fr had brought it. There was a constant line all weekend to play the game, but thankfully only about 2 4-player games deep, so waiting time was acceptable. Had a blast playing it. Managed to eventually get highscore #1 with 959.020 points. Great variety of modes, stackable multiballs, what's not to like? Best pinball game in years!

#934 7 years ago

I had the chance to play DI and AS back to back, as well as bunch of other machines in the same location.

I found AS to be a lot of fun - which surprised me. I really enjoyed the game play, the art and the LCD screen. The trunk lock / ball launch thing is a blast! That said, even though I had fun playing it, I seriously dislike the theme and the music would drive me nuts for anymore than 10 minutes of playing. Not a fan of the band so that makes sense I suppose. Not a title I would buy simply due to theme and music.

DI was odd to me. I didn't really "bond" with the game play and this disappointed me. I wanted to like it as I really like JJP, but it just didn't sing to me. Certainly a lot going on with the layout, but a connection wasn't made. Honestly don't see myself being a buyer of DI unless I get some more time on it and my perception changes.

AS had that "one more game" appeal. DI did not. Just my opinion. Hopefully my opinion will change if I can get some additional time on DI to get a better feel for what it's all about.

#935 7 years ago

Really would like to grab a DI, but not sure I could justify selling two pins only to bring back one.

1 week later
#936 7 years ago

Any update from JJP on when these are going on the line. If they will ship in June then likely some time in early May?

#937 7 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Any update from JJP on when these are going on the line. If they will ship in June then likely some time in early May?

Jack reiterated 2nd quarter still being on track a couple weeks ago on the jjp forum so should be soon.

#938 7 years ago

There is a Dialed in coming to PAGG (Mid May). It will be interesting to see if it's one of the prototypes currently circulating or if it's a production machine.

1 week later
#939 7 years ago

Put in a top-score game on this at the Seattle Pinball Museum. Wow, it's great. Absolutely the best pin in recent memory, and definitely the first to really take me back to the 90s golden age pins. I can't get over how totally jam-packed it is, every inch of the playfield has something to shoot and the game really reacts to your shots. My main criticism is that it's sometimes hard to know exactly what to shoot for, so it'd be nice to see more pulsing lights, particularly in mode starts (it's also kind of hard to track your own progress - something in the middle of the playfield like the TAF Mansion would've been nice).

#940 7 years ago

Love the Game, just wish JJP was more present since Expo, with some output to potential customers, to keep us excited....
I hate having to hunt down little tidbits.

#941 7 years ago
Quoted from trunchbull:

Put in a top-score game on this at the Seattle Pinball Museum. Wow, it's great. Absolutely the best pin in recent memory, and definitely the first to really take me back to the 90s golden age pins. I can't get over how totally jam-packed it is, every inch of the playfield has something to shoot and the game really reacts to your shots. My main criticism is that it's sometimes hard to know exactly what to shoot for, so it'd be nice to see more pulsing lights, particularly in mode starts (it's also kind of hard to track your own progress - something in the middle of the playfield like the TAF Mansion would've been nice).

Any idea how long the Seattle pinball museum still has it? Would hate to miss the opportunity to play DI, I think it's pretty awesome

#942 7 years ago

May 1st ish

#943 7 years ago

Got an opportunity to play this at PATZ this weekend. The game is pretty damn good. I really enjoyed it, as did pretty much everyone i talked to.

#944 7 years ago

Can't decide between MET PREM, AFM LE or Dialled In,

Haven't played Dialled In yet. Used to own an AFM, played MET s bit..

Which one should I get!?

#945 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Can't decide between MET PREM, AFM LE or Dialled In,
Haven't played Dialled In yet. Used to own an AFM, played MET s bit..
Which one should I get!?

I've played or owned all 3. Afm is great, many friends nearby have it, I sold mine, don't miss it much. I presume that's why you sold yours? Kind of done with it?
Met premium - love it, play it when I see it, but never bought one. Getting an AS prem instead between the two.

DialedIn. Played several times; different and fun. I'd go here next - good fun factor, at least a couple years of discovering things. I own woz and hobbit, no doubts this is well built with good code support.

You've also got Alice cooper, total annihilation, Houdini and thunderbirds (homepin) coming in next 6 months - do dialed in over Met and AFM, review come Fall 2017.

#946 7 years ago
Quoted from Delta9:

I played dialed in at fgw for hours had a blast the game is off the hook imo then on my way home i picked up my areosmith pro at the shipping yard came home set it up played areosmith and hated it sold it two days later i didnt like the music at all just one song i kept trying to force myself to like it unfortunately never happened i know a lotta people will enjoy areosmith but dialed inn ruined it for me

So you went and bought an Aerosmith pin and had no idea what any of their songs were? I don't even know what to say.......very strange though!

#947 7 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

So you went and bought an Aerosmith pin and had no idea what any of their songs were? I don't even know what to say.......very strange though!

Well maybe he's a classical music aficionado... or a jazz purist. And maybe when he's out and about and hears some rock or pop being played he simply puts his fingers in his ears

Stranger things have happened I suppose.

#948 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Pat:

Anyone know if the playfield art changed inbetween introduction at expo and production? Looks generally the same but not sure if they made any tweaks; shrunk down the cell phone dude, etc.

#949 7 years ago

Nothing has changed (art) since it's reveal at expo.

#950 7 years ago

Enjoyed playing some DI at Seattle pinball museum. Great to see Charlie and Cindy....not the best of scores, but I'll take it.

IMG_3931 (resized).jpgIMG_3931 (resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
Flipper Parts
FlipMods

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

7,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Salinas, CA
$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Electronics
Skillshot Combo

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

7,275 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Olanta, PA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 961 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 20.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-is-awesome-yes-i-played-it/page/19?hl=trunchbull and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.