172 (resized).jpg
171 (resized).jpg
170 (resized).jpg
169 (resized).jpg
168a (resized).jpg
167 (resized).jpg
166a (resized).jpg
164a (resized).jpg

There are 961 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 20.
#851 7 years ago

Same deal here with Active and inactive us military personnel. (free Shipping )
We are as well offering a few extra $$ if you trade a game towards Dialed IN.
As of last news on shipping end of second quarter!!

Pincades
JT

#852 7 years ago

So at expo there was a news team filming the dialed in reveal, has anyone seen the footage they took?

#853 7 years ago

no but I will post some new gameplay soon

#854 7 years ago

Will the game ship with complete code?

#855 7 years ago
Quoted from Mfsrc791:

Will the game ship with complete code?

That was the big promise from Pat at expo

#856 7 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

That was the big promise from Pat at expo

So I guess a late 2017 release with no opportunity for feedback as code develops?

#857 7 years ago
Quoted from Yoski:

I'm not a veteran but thanks for the offer.

But, do you KNOW a veteran?

#858 7 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

So I guess a late 2017 release with no opportunity for feedback as code develops?

He may be collecting feedback from the test locations.

#859 7 years ago
Quoted from DeeGor:

He may be collecting feedback from the test locations.

I wouldnt even mind if the code was 80% when shipped. As long as they finish and polish it up within a year. Unless the code is 100% and perfect of course would be better

#860 7 years ago

Are there any west coast JJP dealers? I wouldn't mind up to a days drive... yeah it would cost more than shipping but at least I would get a story out if it.

#861 7 years ago
Quoted from Mfsrc791:

I wouldnt even mind if the code was 80% when shipped. As long as they finish and polish it up within a year. Unless the code is 100% and perfect of course would be better

lets be honest. So far JJP code at 50% is often 100% more than what the majority of Stern games come with (or end up in some cases).

#862 7 years ago

I think the Dialed in's Character with his high jeans might have been modeled after JP

p10 (resized).jpgp10 (resized).jpg

1 week later
#863 7 years ago

Any DI! updates of interest? Still on target to hit the line in Q2 of this year?

#864 7 years ago

I went to Level 257 this past week and was able to get 90 minutes of uninterrupted play on Dialed In. It was absolutely amazing! Even in its current unfinished state, it is deeply immersive. I could not believe that I had been playing for an hour and a half when I finally came up for air. The theme is actually very cool once you understand that there is a lot more than a cell phone to this game. It is full of clever ideas that make the fun factor rocket up.

Remember when Jack launched his first game? Many folks complained that The Wizard of Oz was not a proper theme for a pin and that it would not sell. But once folks got to play it, it was a great success. I believe that Dialed In will also overcome what is perceived to be an odd theme once folks get to play it. It is a beautiful and clever game that shoots smooth as can be and is a blast to play. I have to mention that the light show is incredible and that the holographic images are far superior to those in GB. Get out and play one of these when you get the chance.

#865 7 years ago
Quoted from txstargazer3:

I went to Level 257 this past week and was able to get 90 minutes of uninterrupted play on Dialed In. It was absolutely amazing! Even in its current unfinished state, it is deeply immersive. I could not believe that I had been playing for an hour and a half when I finally came up for air. The theme is actually very cool once you understand that there is a lot more than a cell phone to this game. It is full of clever ideas that make the fun factor rocket up.
Remember when Jack launched his first game? Many folks complained that The Wizard of Oz was not a proper theme for a pin and that it would not sell. But once folks got to play it, it was a great success. I believe that Dialed In will also overcome what is perceived to be an odd theme once folks get to play it. It is a beautiful and clever game that shoots smooth as can be and is a blast to play. I have to mention that the light show is incredible and that the holographic images are far superior to those in GB. Get out and play one of these when you get the chance.

completely agree with you.

#866 7 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Any DI! updates of interest? Still on target to hit the line in Q2 of this year?

Did you see the new videos in the other thread?

#867 7 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I spoke with someone very much in the know the other day, and they said they are still on track to start shipping in Q2.

#868 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I spoke with someone very much in the know the other day, and they said they are still on track to start shipping in Q2.

Yeah, my dist asked JJP and they said late May, which means June/July in the real world.

#869 7 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Yeah, my dist asked JJP and they said late May, which means June/July in the real world.

Second quarter, Q2: 1 April – 30 June (91 days)

Least we have a frame of reference, if late may means june, the clock sure is ticking.

#870 7 years ago

LMK when you fellas are ready to order one. Try to get some new vids next week, trying to follow with code up date!

there s more as well.

Pincades
JT

#871 7 years ago

Well crap. I did it. I went and put a deposit down on a DI LE. After saying how much I hated the theme and appearance. I still haven't played it but the positive reviews and my feeling that JJP is probably the best pinball manufacturer OAT means that I really couldn't stay away. The theme sounds better than I originally thought. The mom-jeans character still looks stupid and so does a few of the cartoonish toys on the playfield but I think all of the other amazing things will probably make up for that. I can't wait!

#872 7 years ago

You guys are a bad influence on me. I told my self that I would never preorder after all the stuff that has transpired on in the past with delays etc. But this time it is different..... LOL. I am on the fence but leaning towards a preorder. If I get it, it will go next to my 2 other Lawlor games TZ and FH. Still thinking ....

#873 7 years ago
Quoted from LitzDoc:

I am on the fence but leaning towards a preorder. If I get it, it will go next to my 2 other Lawlor games TZ and FH. Still thinking ....

I'm waiting till I can pay and it ships. I'll stick it by my TAF and SC.

#874 7 years ago
Quoted from TRAMD:

Well crap. I did it. I went and put a deposit down on a DI LE. After saying how much I hated the theme and appearance. I still haven't played it but the positive reviews and my feeling that JJP is probably the best pinball manufacturer OAT means that I really couldn't stay away. The theme sounds better than I originally thought. The mom-jeans character still looks stupid and so does a few of the cartoonish toys on the playfield but I think all of the other amazing things will probably make up for that. I can't wait!

You won't be dissapointed! Congrats!

#875 7 years ago

I didn't go the traditional route of the pre order... But, as of this week, I am in on a Dialed In LE. Couldn't be more excited!

#876 7 years ago

Still waiting on the out of state no Tax orders!
Pincades
Chicago land JJP Dist.
219-924-PINS

#877 7 years ago

If I want one I'll buy one when they start shipping...and I'll receive mine BEFORE all you pre-order suckers. Fact.

#878 7 years ago

The people that waited ages for Hobbit where the ones that ordered direct right? Everyone that got their from a distributor got theirs pretty quick right?

Pretty sure Jack said they would have a preorder period with a deposit just to make sure they can gauge interest to order parts etc. It is uncharted territory... a new IP by Pat Lawlor in 2017.

I don't think a $250 refundable deposit makes you are sucker but that is just me.

#879 7 years ago
Quoted from TRAMD:

DI is not a machine I would get for the quality of the artwork or the theme but for the game play. I was fortunate enough to get a few games in. And yes, it's all that and then some. I already secured the funds and working on making space in the game room.

#880 7 years ago

Acdc is gone and DI is number one on the replacement list at the moment. Played it once already and will play again in TX this month. Cant wait.

#881 7 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

If I want one I'll buy one when they start shipping...and I'll receive mine BEFORE all you pre-order suckers. Fact.

Only if distributors have stock left over after their preorder lists are filled. Direct orders from Jersey Jack will ship after distributor orders, so if you're comparing to people who ordered direct from JJP, then maybe. Otherwise, preorders from distributors will be the first deliveries and "in stock" orders will come when there's actually stock. A distributor is not going to hold onto a preorder longer than an order placed later. They don't want to burn their most loyal customers who are willing to put down deposits to secure a spot in line.

#882 7 years ago

Except not quite. Even if you pre-order with a distributor instead of JJP, you are going to wait until the particular distributor fulfills your order.

If you wait, you're not locked into this. You can place your order as soon as *any* reputable distributor is sitting on inventory.

#883 7 years ago
Quoted from TRAMD:

Great minds think alike. I called coin taker the other day and asked that my $1,000 deposit on TBL be switched over to Dialed In LE. Melissa will be getting back to me on available numbers. I was hoping my Dialed In LE might have the same number as my Smaug.

My belief in a Lawlor pin produced by JJP is extremely high.

#884 7 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

This is a fact.

I'm trying to figure out why anybody thinks "pre-orders" would ship first.

If I have "sold" 10 pre-order games, why would I ship those before some guy who just showed up with $9000? I wouldn't - after all that's another sale in addition to the 10 I've "sold" already.

#885 7 years ago
Quoted from CyberNinja24:

Couldn't agree more.

Quoted from Veloso:

Except not quite. Even if you pre-order with a distributor instead of JJP, you are going to wait until the particular distributor fulfills your order.
If you wait, you're not locked into this. You can place your order as soon as *any* reputable distributor is sitting on inventory.

This was not the case with WOZ or TH. The first to pay first to play theory did not pan out in all circumstances and games were available to many prior to the preorders being completed (this was more apparent on WOZ as the time gap was huge but happened with TH as well, many different theories were offered for why this occurred).

#886 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

This is a fact.

No doubt. I remember my buddy buying a WoZ from Automated and had it at his house the same week! Before barely any of the pre-orders went out. The for sale thread the following Monday was epic.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-wizard-of-oz-standard-pick-up-in-los-angeles

#887 7 years ago

Great minds think alike. I called coin taker the other day and asked that my $1,000 deposit on TBL be switched over to Dialed In LE. Melissa will be getting back to me on available numbers. I was hoping my Dialed In LE might have the same number as my Smaug.

Didnt think ct sold jjp pins?

#888 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

If I have "sold" 10 pre-order games, why would I ship those before some guy who just showed up with $9000?

...to not be a dick. It's pretty simple. If I saw any orders going out ahead of my preorder, I'd cancel it and buy from someone else. That's terrible customer service and anybody that would do that should be ashamed of treating their customers that way.

#889 7 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

That's terrible customer service and anybody that would do that should be ashamed of treating their customers that way.

What if there was a reasonable explanation?

Quoted from Pinchroma:

Note: automated purchased 100 games of various types. I don't know the split of LE to standard but they asked specifically for a few of their standards first. So it doesn't matter LE or Standard. The same amount of machines are being built. His LE's will just be in the slots his standards were set to be built in. No conspiracy here unless you count what he will do with his LE's . Like put them In a basement and sell them for 15k 2 years from now like lotr LE

#890 7 years ago

If a distributor gets a shipment of 20 machines and they have 20 preorders, they should have ZERO ready to ship on day one for non-preorder buyers. If they sell to anybody ahead of any preorder buyers that would be left waiting, it would guarantee that I never deal with them. I would immediately cancel my order and take my money elsewhere and be sure to let people know why I did so. There's no good explanation for burning people who support you months ahead of release other than you're a slimeball.

Now, obviously if you got 15 LEs and 5 standards and had 20 LE preorders, you can only ship 15 of those out and sell the standards to whoever. But the next 5 LEs you get better go towards backfilling that preorder list before anybody else. You can only ship what you have.

#891 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

What if there was a reasonable explanation?

This is an old discussion with a lot of water under the bridge, and every single preorder of WOZ was filled and WOZ is a fantastic game (it is the single most feature rich game of all time with phenomenal code)...but many never accepted that explanation you quote at face value for a lot of reasons.

Regardless of whether Automated even made those pre-orders as Alex proclaimed, some people found it improbable that Automated paid in full when they made the order and waited years like everyone else for them to be built. If Automated only paid a deposit for the 100 games while your average customers was paid in full...the situation seemed unfair to many.

Regardless of the past, DI! looks phenomenal. Lawlor has delivered what appears to be a great and unique layout. The technology driven disaster city theme will be well intigrated and coded to the max.

JJP has also learned a lot and will get games out the door fast (that's my guess) and will likely be surprised of the demand this game will have.

#892 7 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

but many never accepted that explanation you quote at face value for a lot of reasons.

I know that. I had assumed a distributor like automated ordered way more games than they had pre-orders for. Once in their hands it was up to them to sell them how they please.

So as long as distributors are buying in bulk not limited to pre-orders, they are still able to sell them as they please in any order they desire. Unless something's changed since then...

#893 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I know that. I had assumed a distributor like automated ordered way more games than they had pre-orders for. Once in their hands it was up to them to sell them how they please.
So as long as distributors are buying in bulk not limited to pre-orders, they are still able to sell them as they please in any order they desire. Unless something's changed since then...

I see what you're saying. Yes, I agree fully. If a distro buys in bulk and paid for more than just their preorders they should 100% be able to sell the excess as they elect.

#894 7 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

...to not be a dick. It's pretty simple. If I saw any orders going out ahead of my preorder, I'd cancel it and buy from someone else. That's terrible customer service and anybody that would do that should be ashamed of treating their customers that way.

Well, the second you decide to get into the pinball distributor biz, people should definitely do their pre-order business through your company.

Alas, you aren't in the biz, and I'm afraid that those who are would have a terribly difficult time turning away a walk-in with $9,000 burning a hole in his pocket. I'm not saying it doesn't make them "a dick" but we live in the real world here.

#895 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Well, the second you decide to get into the pinball distributor biz, people should definitely do their pre-order business through your company.
Alas, you aren't in the biz, and I'm afraid that those who are would have a terribly difficult time turning away a walk-in with $9,000 burning a hole in his pocket. I'm not saying it doesn't make them "a dick" but we live in the real world here.

Real world has exceptions. My customers are filled on a first money in, first game out basis (unless they ask for a later run). Running a successful business isn't always about the amount of money you can make (as long as you can pay your bills), but about how many of your customers feel that they have a friend in you. I would much rather have 20 returning customers than the money from 30 one time impatient people.
Now, I am not automated. I do not buy and stock hundreds of pinballs, but my customers know that I answer the phone seven days a week. They know that they will see me at the local shows. They know that I will support the local operators so they can play these amazing games before parting with their hard earned money. They know that I'm in this for the enjoyment of pinball.
What most don't know is that pinball sales make up maybe 5% of my total sales, but takes up probably 25% of my time. I do this for the fun that it brings others.

#896 7 years ago

We have got to get together man!

When I ordered my WOZRR75 I said I wanted 0010, 0100 or 1000 but understood that they were probably taken. Jen told me that I could get 1110 and I thought that was perfect! After I got it, I realized my Hobbit Smaug Gold was 1120. I now have DI LE 1130 on order.

#897 7 years ago

I really need this game in a bad way. Knew it before I played it, and it's been eating away at me more and more since playing it at the release party at Pinball Gallery with Jack and Joe from PinballSTAR. I'd love to be a beneficiary of something like "random acts of Dialed In". Similar to the "random acts of Pizza" campaigns. It could be a nice way for people with way more money than they'll ever need to help get others a taste of the extra good pinball life. I know, I'm crazy. Or maybe I'm just feeling lucky since a good friend just hooked me up with Pinside+ today. Time for me to get back to work. I seem to be putting in tons of additional overtime as the production date nears. I need Dialed In.

#898 7 years ago

Well, this is my first NIB and its the CE.

I would hope those go out first and since they are numbered and reserved, I would guess they are shipped in the order they come off the line. Whether it's via a distributor or a direct purchase shouldn't make a difference but without the middle man, the direct purchaser should get their game faster. I guess we'll see. Either way, I can't wait to get mine.

I'll get my first look at Dialed In in person at the TPF. Hope to meet some fellow pinsiders there as well.

#899 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Unless pinball is unique, this isn't how business works. It's ethically wrong. Why you want to make it a thing and give them a pass is insane. I should take into account that you're probably trolling right now anyway though...

#900 7 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

this isn't how business works. It's ethically wrong

I would love to see what stocks you have in your portfolio. Just drop it.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
There are 961 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 20.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-is-awesome-yes-i-played-it/page/18 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.