172 (resized).jpg
171 (resized).jpg
170 (resized).jpg
169 (resized).jpg
168a (resized).jpg
167 (resized).jpg
166a (resized).jpg
164a (resized).jpg
There are 961 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 20.
#801 7 years ago
Quoted from CUJO:

So when will the new named for Dialed In be revealed?? Jack??

It will not happen Jack would have to do a completely new art package and I am sure jack already has the parts in the shop for the first art package

#802 7 years ago
Quoted from CUJO:

Unfortunately it won't be changing, Jack backpeddled on that.

#803 7 years ago
Quoted from CUJO:

they decided to keep dialed in

#804 7 years ago

Don't think the name is going to stop people from buying.
It shoots great. It is fun. Software was pretty cool even in its very incomplete state.

I think there are lots of hurdles for strong sales with this title but if the only thing that is stopping you is the name I think that's pretty weird!

#805 7 years ago

Well I think that "Dialed In" is a fantastic name for the game and I'm pleased that it isn't being changed. It makes sense to me on quite a few levels and far superior to any of the alternatives that have been suggested on here since the reveal. It's a real shame that there is so much negativity about pretty much everything on Pinside.

Everything about this game suggests its going to be the best new pinball machine since the 90's to me although there's clearly plenty of people who don't share my view. Don't worry if you don't like it though, Stern have been pumping out plenty of generic superhero/tv series/music licensed pinballs for years now so you have plenty of alternative options!

#806 7 years ago

I'm glad to see it stayed the same as well, it was a great concept and original idea and it played awesome and felt great. Now the only problem I see is the wait... There isn't one close enough to me to play regularly on location. Too bad the Pinball Gallery in Malvern wasn't able to host one there a bit longer, but glad I got in over a dozen games on it while it was there that day.

#807 7 years ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

Now the only problem I see is the wait... There isn't one close enough to me to play regularly on location.

Yea, I don't see how I'll get to play one at all before they start shipping. Can't make TPF this year.

I think they will sell a ton of this title once they start shipping. A lot of people are passing on preordering but seem to be planning to get in on this title. It absolutely looks like it will be the best new release in 2017.

#808 7 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

It absolutely looks like it will be the best new release in 2017.

Totally agree. I saw right through the smoke screen of dissension right away. It's was a hit already even when it only had 20% code, you could still see how well it shot and how well put together it really was. I was already excited and a supporter just seeing the release and gameplay videos, and after actually getting to play it, my expectations were exceeded.

#809 7 years ago

I was able to play it for awhile on friday at Level 257. I really like this game! It just feels so good to play.

#810 7 years ago

I will try to get a updated video of game play this week for you.
If your interested in preordering 250 down fully refundable!!!!
I have le #s left and of course can sell the standards to you.
call me for pricing. Non Indiana residents pay no tax delivered to you.
Pincades
219-924-7497
JT

#811 7 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

Don't think the name is going to stop people from buying.
It shoots great. It is fun. Software was pretty cool even in its very incomplete state.
I think there are lots of hurdles for strong sales with this title but if the only thing that is stopping you is the name I think that's pretty weird!

No, I just have not been following the progress of this title since I watched the video where Jack stated there was going to be a name change based on feedback. Not sure this pin is one I will buy or not yet.

I do own a WOZLE from the pre-order/pre-pay days. Jack and his team build an exceptional quality product. I am a very satisfied JJP
customer.

I just played a HOBBIT BLACK ARROW last night and I was totally shocked on how fantastic it looked, played, the depth of the code, etc.
WOW..Just WOW!!!

I have never watched the Hobbit movies (just not my style) or read the books but the game was just stunning to look at and play!
You don't have to like the Hobbit franchise to LOVE this JJP pin. In fact , my friend's that I played, isn't a Hobbit fan either. He also has never read any books or seen the Hobbit films either and he bought NIB.

#812 7 years ago

I've played it yesterday and really liked it. Incredible flow and rewarding shots, great and fun use of the display and the camera which seems to be doing more than just taking pics. I saw one player being awarded a scratch-and-win card and he was supposed to wave at the camera to scratch it. He was too busy playing and didn't notice though
Software version was V 00.20C. Much, much more to come.

The machine had about 1800 plays on it with some playfield wear around the magnet. From what I was told by Freddy, JJP is quite aware of the issue which they traced down to a routing failure. The magnet hole hasn't been drilled out to the correct diameter, it is just a wee bit to tight so when they hammered in the magnet core, the clearcoat was damaged.

In any case, I ordered a Standard Edition with factory playfield protector just to be on the safe side. ^^
Machines are expected for german delivery mid year.

#813 7 years ago
Quoted from fishbone:

great and fun use of the display and the camera which seems to be doing more than just taking pics. I saw one player being awarded a scratch-and-win card and he was supposed to wave at the camera to scratch it. He was too busy playing and didn't notice though

Certainly not a fan of the camera. There's a way to opt out of using it right? I saw a guy playing the photo mode and all that showed up was a D-I-E logo.

#814 7 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

There's a way to opt out of using it right?

I don't know but your observation would suggest so. In any case, you could just unplug it since it's a most likely a USB camera.

#815 7 years ago
Quoted from CUJO:

Someone is either trolling or behind in his pinball news. Previously announced that the name isn't changing.

#816 7 years ago
Quoted from fishbone:

In any case, you could just unplug it since it's a most likely a USB camera.

Except if you're playing it in the wild. In which a piece of tape will do.

#817 7 years ago

Duplicate

#818 7 years ago

Wonder why it's taking so long for release. October 2016 to 2nd qtr is 6 to 9 months after reveal...
The demo units seemed pretty solid, well in today's age of average NIB stern experience.

So what takes this long? Just ordering parts?

#819 7 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

Wonder why it's taking so long for release. October 2016 to 2nd qtr is 6 to 9 months after reveal...
The demo units seemed pretty solid, well in today's age of average NIB stern experience.

Take a look under a JJP playfield. A LOT more going on than Sterns of late. Plus, kudos to JJP for actually taking the time to test on location like the good old days. Make a better day one experience for their customers.

#820 7 years ago

I have both their games, I totally understand that.
Just wondering what happens in between expo and shipping that takes that long.
Seems to be bad cycle for marketing... If they could reveal a game once a year in October and ship in December that would probably be better...
So wondering if it's on purpose or if it's actually just because the part lead time and The small stuff they need to redesign takes that long.

#821 7 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

Make any changes the prototypes made obvious. Order parts. Check that all parts are right and on hand.

Then get the assembly line all set up. All parts in que. Train people. start rolling the games down the line. First one - then check check check everything. And another, and another. Until the line is up to speed.

LTG : )

#822 7 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

If they could reveal a game once a year in October and ship in December that would probably be better...

They'd think so too.

Quoted from FalconPunch:

So wondering if it's on purpose

No.

Quoted from FalconPunch:

actually just because the part lead time

This.

#823 7 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Someone is either trolling or behind in his pinball news. Previously announced that the name isn't changing.

Kermit,
Yes, I was WAY behind in keeping up with the pinball news on this one (read my post 3-4 posts before yours.)

#824 7 years ago

I really have to try this game. I had brushed it off due to the awful theme and artwork (which I still think are awful) but WOZ is my favorite pin and TH and TZ are in my top 5. I won't buy it without playing it like I did with WOZ but if it blows me away, I just might pick one up.

#825 7 years ago
Quoted from TRAMD:

I really have to try this game. I had brushed it off due to the awful theme and artwork (which I still think are awful) but WOZ is my favorite pin and TH and TZ are in my top 5. I won't buy it without playing it like I did with WOZ but if it blows me away, I just might pick one up.

Yeah, I have a sneaky suspicion that PAGG might be very expensive for me this year.

#826 7 years ago

I suspect with Dialed In being the third primary line switch they are getting the process down now and future releases are likely to start hitting the line faster.

Lloyd, is JJP still going to be pushing for new game announced by the end of the year? I remember hearing the goal was to get to a game per year pretty soon here.

#827 7 years ago

Hi Guys,

two appetizers from the last Weekend :

Cheers

Peter

#828 7 years ago
Quoted from Schnuffl:

Hi Guys,

Thanks Peter, where did you play this?

#829 7 years ago

Awesome! Do you know if that was a new software version? I heard about the emoji attack mode but hadn't seen it and I don't remember anything about the Volcano.

#830 7 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

Thanks Peter, where did you play this?

Looks like Freddys Pinball Paradise in Germany.

Emoji attack mode looks funny, but I don't understand how it works.

#831 7 years ago
Quoted from merccat:

Awesome! Do you know if that was a new software version? I heard about the emoji attack mode but hadn't seen it and I don't remember anything about the Volcano.

Since he said this was last weekend, I think this must be new software compared to Expo but the Pincades guy said there would be another software update this weekend.

#832 7 years ago

I played it at Freddy´s Pinball Paradise in Germany last weekend.
It was the latest Software Version on the prototype.
Don´t know exactly witch one.

Cheers

Peter

#833 7 years ago

DI is looking better all the time. I love the quirkiness of the emoji mode. Did you notice that the emojis also fill the phone and get pushed to the side of the LCD whenever the screen scrolls? I haven't seen the volcano mode before, that looks cool. I like how the volcano also appears in the Einstein Theater and how the LCD wobbles when you defeat it.

This game is taking the interaction between the playfield and the LCD to a new level.

#834 7 years ago

Yeah DI is looking really amazing. If you watch the emoji and the playfield, I think the emoji are following the ball.... edit.. watching again maybe it is the screen scrolling they are reacting to... or maybe something else? I agree that the LCD/game interactions do seem like they are moving towards being really be tied together on whole another level than what we've seen before.

#835 7 years ago

Game is looking better than any other recent releases in years...and its still in the early stages. So much going on with the lights, lcd, all the toys and lots magnet action from 5 magnets.......

#836 7 years ago
Quoted from Schnuffl:

I played it at Freddy´s Pinball Paradise in Germany last weekend.
It was the latest Software Version on the prototype.
Don´t know exactly witch one.

I took a peek when they were showing the machine inside out:

00.20C

#837 7 years ago
Quoted from merccat:

Lloyd, is JJP still going to be pushing for new game announced by the end of the year?

No idea. I'd think they'd show something at Expo. But so many things come into play. Building Dialed In's, Hobbit's, WOZ's, at this point who knows the plan ?

#838 7 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

No idea. I'd think they'd show something at Expo. But so many things come into play. Building Dialed In's, Hobbit's, WOZ's, at this point who knows the plan ?

One aspect of the JJP line of games that they should consider is making parts more readily available. I'd like to be able to buy lightboards or any other first party JJP parts from pinballlife or marco. If they branched out their parts department, that would be a good step in the right direction.

#839 7 years ago

Here's something I do know a little about - at long (you have no idea) last, they have hired a guy to develop and expand their online web store such that parts ordering will finally be easily done online for things other than playfield protectors and games. Way beyond due.

#840 7 years ago

Awesome! Very much needed.

#841 7 years ago

The new code is looking good. Hopefully DI will be available to play at the NW Pinball show this June!

#842 7 years ago

Such a sweet game, I've been wanting to get back on it since getting to check it out extensively at the release party @PinballGallery. Hoping to see a pair or more Dialed In's at Allentown this year.

#843 7 years ago

I agree the latest video looks good. When is the game coming out?

#844 7 years ago
Quoted from Schnuffl:

Hi Guys,
» YouTube video
» YouTube video
Cheers
Peter

Is that David Theil doing new cast call outs on the 2nd video?

#845 7 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

I agree the latest video looks good. When is the game coming out?

According to JJP today, late May. I checked with my dist and they asked JJP.

#846 7 years ago

I'm getting more and more excited about the game. Next month's TPF will be when I finally get to play it.

#847 7 years ago
Quoted from Schnuffl:

Hi Guys,
Cheers
Peter

Thanks for the videos, Peter!

#848 7 years ago

Any deals in Dialed In Standard?
Has anybody found a deal on the standard edition, like free shipping or free upgrades? Inquiring minds would like to know.

#849 7 years ago

i cover the shipping for ALL US Military personal (current and veterans). I am also doubling the factory warranty to 2 years. Let me know if that helps you.

#850 7 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

i cover the shipping for ALL US Military personal (current and veterans). I am also doubling the factory warranty to 2 years. Let me know if that helps you.

I'm not a veteran but thanks for the offer.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 22.50
5,640 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Worcester, MA
7,275 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Olanta, PA
$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Martinez, GA
Flipper Parts
FlipMods

7,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Carlisle, PA
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

Electronics
Skillshot Combo

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

There are 961 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 20.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-is-awesome-yes-i-played-it/page/17?hl=schnuffl and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.