• 35 posts
  • 29 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by JWJr
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-0-02-04-b7485a058f3227ea979415cb1fdfe8c13985868ccde16562143e4bc79e61254e-V (resized).jpg
#1 6 years ago

I recently traded a MMRLE for a DILE(my first JJP) and I think I'm going to sell off my entire collection if the other JJP pins are this good! I really suggest anyone in the market for new pins to check this game out, I really cant justifying purchasing anything else. This game is just the perfect combo, cant wait to play the new pirates.

#2 6 years ago

Dialed In is pretty great, but I'd hold onto your other pins. I'd play any of those over WOZ or Hobbit.

#3 6 years ago

Dialed In is pretty dang amazing, yes, but hold the horses on dumping all your games to switch over. Well, Wizard of Oz is pretty incredible too. I can't say that I'm even mildly a fan of The Hobbit though. But just as JJP games have a feel an identifiable essence to them, so do Stern, B/W, and Gottlieb games. Having a mix gives you variety and keeps things interesting. But hey, if you're that won over, it's fun to be excited and all-in on something too. I get it.

Pirates is looking good, that's for sure.

#4 6 years ago

I'm thinking if Pirates is as good or better than DI, I would sell RFM next as I only have room for 5 games currently. Its really hard to explain the difference in gameplay, I think anyone that can justify spending this much on a pin must give them a spin.

#5 6 years ago

DI has become my favorite game of all time. I'm definitely looking forward to getting some game time on JJP Pirates.

#6 6 years ago

Life’s too short to settle - if you appreciate JJP then go for it! I think I like WOZ a little better than DI, but they are easily the 2 best pins ever built imho. I’m also going all JJP - can’t wait for pirates!!!

#7 6 years ago

I have all three of jacks games and they are all fantastic in different ways but if I could only have one it would be Di,simple easy to understand rules,deep but not like the other two but enough for me,shots are varied from easy to harder to hardest the sim shot,combos up the yin yang ect ect.love it

#8 6 years ago

The "backglass" and artwork is not that great, but in terms of having fun playing it nothing else comes even close. I guess Pat Lawlor had years to think about this one, "if I ever have to chance to design another pin, then ...", and it worked out beautifully.

#9 6 years ago

I too sold my MMRLE to get my DILE. Couldn't be happier.

#10 6 years ago

Got to play a DI at the Tilt Cafe in Birmingham, UK. Very impressed with the game.

image-0-02-04-b7485a058f3227ea979415cb1fdfe8c13985868ccde16562143e4bc79e61254e-V (resized).jpgimage-0-02-04-b7485a058f3227ea979415cb1fdfe8c13985868ccde16562143e4bc79e61254e-V (resized).jpg

#11 6 years ago

I never was a fan of dialed in because I think it's too easy but i am happy you are enjoying your game. Wizard of oz is a great game, Hobbit is not really that good very boring game and if you are a good player you can have games lasting over an hour. Pirates I have not played but the game looks amazing.

#12 6 years ago
Quoted from mtdouble:

I recently traded a MMRLE for a DILE(my first JJP) and I think I'm going to sell off my entire collection if the other JJP pins are this good! .

Spoilers, they aren't

#13 6 years ago

WOZ and Hobbit are great! You won’t regret it

#14 6 years ago

I was really impressed when I first played it, too. Other JJP games are okay. They all look great but DI plays the best by a mile thanks to Pat Lawlor. Price kills it for me. I still want to get one but wouldn't want to part with 2 or 3 great games to fund one.

#15 6 years ago

I’ve never played Dialed in. It looks to be a great pin. It seems to be getting great reviews and earning well on location. Hope to play one soon! I think JJP machines are high on quality and fun!

#16 6 years ago

I really liked the one I played on location, but I thought it could have been set up a little harder.

Sure though, a brand new state of the art machine compared to a cheap copy of a 20 year old machine is a no brainer.

#17 6 years ago

I'm dying to play DI. However, I can't hunt one down here in Orlando Fl. I own a WOZRR. Love it!

#18 6 years ago

Totally agree..... since getting dile in june its all we play. Since then ive sold mb,mm, ss, sm, twdp and congo. And tz,afm, wcs, met will be following bc after playing dile everything else falls short and just isnt exciting. Cant wait for pats next pin toy story as that will b my next purchase. Good news is i have lots of extra money and will b buying new cars and upgrading my business..... thanks jjp for making such a amazing pin. Before i needed 5-8 pins to keep me happy ... now just 1 or 2 is fine bc of dile.

#19 6 years ago

I feel the exact same way... although I did just buy a walking dead premium. I sold all my b/w games because they was collecting dust next to DI. I will keep some sterns around but JJP will take over game room.

#20 6 years ago
Quoted from billycrna:

I'm dying to play DI. However, I can't hunt one down here in Orlando Fl. I own a WOZRR. Love it!

Take a little road trip to cafe one, your not that far away. They have a LE on location along with the Hobbit and 7 other 5 star pins, great food also.

#21 6 years ago
Quoted from WyseGuy:

WOZ and Hobbit are great! You won’t regret it

You need to give me a call and stop over to play some DI! Just got a BM66 tonight, too!

#22 6 years ago
Quoted from Kingpin22:

Take a little road trip to cafe one, your not that far away. They have a LE on location along with the Hobbit and 7 other 5 star pins, great food also.

Holy crap!! I had no idea this place existed!! I'll absolutely go! Thanks so much!

#23 6 years ago
Quoted from billycrna:

Holy crap!! I had no idea this place existed!! I'll absolutely go! Thanks so much!

do people here not check pinside map or pinballmap.com . one or the other is not right as far as games, but it's listed on both.

https://pinside.com/pinball/map/where-to-play/9710-cafe-one-ormond-beach-fl-united-states

or

https://www.pinballmap.com/jacksonville

damn you have better pins to select from in your area, I'm jealous. Think Houston has more, but they aren't real locations. one place only opens maybe once or twice a year for parties. The other is only open twice a month for 5 hours (from 9pm-2am). I don't bother going because it gets insanely crowded, so people tend to just camp on machines. Which is another reason why I don't like free-play/$admission places.

#24 6 years ago
Quoted from billycrna:

They have a dialed in at cafe one in ormond beach about 1 hour from Orlando. Definitely worth the drive! Great food and great pins (dialed in, WozLe, mb, AFM, mm, Aerosmith Pro, Star Wars le, gotg, road show)

#25 6 years ago

I drove from NC to Orlando yesterday and we stopped at cafe one and had lunch and played all the pins and it was awesome. I was shocked at how fun Aerosmith and Dialed In were. Not gonna say gotg is bad but after 5 or 6 plays of each (as far as Pins I hadn’t played before) DI and Aero were more fun imo

#26 6 years ago
Quoted from mtdouble:

I really suggest anyone in the market for new pins to check this game out, I really cant justifying purchasing anything else. This game is just the perfect combo ...

I wish I could jump on the Dialed In bandwagon, but I'm not there yet. I continue to play it (on route), but DI's gameplay experience has just been okay for me so far. In the meantime, there a number of other pins that I'd much rather purchase beforehand.

#27 6 years ago

Just got my dialed in LE and have the same thought. There is nothing that even comes close to how good this game is. The layout is genius, so much to shoot for. I bought it without ever playing one but watched a lot of YouTube videos of it and it was a good move. Ordinarily I wouldn’t buy without playing but man this one is a total winner in every way. JJp seems to be in a league of its own. I mean if you pay 7300 for any stern premium NIB I would say save 1300 extra and get a Dialed in it blows away anything else.

#28 6 years ago

I meant 1700

#29 6 years ago

I just sold my DI here are my quick thoughts:

Pros..
One of the best playfield layouts ever
The game oozes build quality
Crazy good light show

Cons..
The theme!
The sound package on the game is MEH

The above is JMHO

#30 6 years ago
Quoted from venom112:

I mean if you pay 7300 for any stern premium NIB I would say save 1300 extra and get a Dialed in...

Or just an extra $900 like I did.

#31 6 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Pros..
Crazy good light show
Cons..
The theme!
The above is JMHO

Curious, why did you sell? Did you ever reach Showdown/Armageddon?

My initial reaction to the theme was "meh", but it has grown on me. If they would have named it "Chaos in Quantum City", it would help the knee jerk reaction to the phone centric first impression. I like the sound package.

The only thing I don't like is how much it weighs

snaroff

#32 6 years ago

Pros..
Crazy good light show
Cons..
The theme!
The above is JMHO

These are all Pros for me, I absolutely love this game!

#33 6 years ago

Pros..
Crazy good light show
Cons..
The theme!
The above is JMHO

So, no complaints about the gameplay or long ball times?

1 week later
#34 6 years ago

I just got done playing DI for the first time. I spent about an hour on the machine. I’ve always written this machine off due to the theme. I just couldn’t get past it. Well, resistance in futile. It’s AMAZING! Nobody does pinball like JJP!!

#35 6 years ago
Quoted from billycrna:

I just got done playing DI for the first time. I spent about an hour on the machine. I’ve always written this machine off due to the theme. I just couldn’t get past it. Well, resistance in futile. It’s AMAZING! Nobody does pinball like JJP!!

For those who've never played DI who hate the theme: the theme is truly awesome once you realize what it actually is.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

Lighting - Led
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Sacramento, CA
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Martinez, GA
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-game-changer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.