• 33 posts
  • 20 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by robin
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

This topic is closed.

#1 7 years ago

I cannot wait to see more pics on this game. The cell phone connectivity is a neat gimmick, but not really a game changer? Cannot wait to flip it myself.

#3 7 years ago

should be fun while someone else is playing in a tournament to have some troll take control of the machine hehe

#4 7 years ago

I'm baffled, but I still want to play it.

#5 7 years ago

what is sweet about that? pinball is all about flipping the flippers. its been that way since like 1942. you wanna fiddle with your phone? go do everything else in the world. i for one am not pleased with this reinvention of the wheel. And if jack and pat think what pinball needs is more things that disconnect you from physical gameplay, and that what needed to be changed about pinball was the way we flip, they are wrong.

#6 7 years ago
Quoted from SHOOTTHEPYRAMID:

what is sweet about that? pinball is all about flipping the flippers. its been that way since like 1942. you wanna fiddle with your phone? go do everything else in the world. i for one am not pleased with this reinvention of the wheel. And if jack and pat think what pinball needs is more things that disconnect you from physical gameplay, and that what needed to be changed about pinball was the way we flip, they are wrong.

I actually agree that the phone connectivity does not add to it. I think JJP is trying to lure non-pin heads especially with the selfy features. I think the game will be sweet to play though for sure; not because of the phone gimmick, but because it is a Pat Lawlor sweet machine and pinball is fun!

#7 7 years ago

How the hell are you supposed to slap save???

#9 7 years ago

Game has a ton of toys and neat gimmicks/ mechanisms and the lighting and everything else looks nice. I think people are just in shock at the moment over the non licensed theme but i bet its very fun to play and will be wanted eventually down the road. One thing is for sure it has alot more to offer than stern pins . But dam these prices are not sustainable imo...

#10 7 years ago

Expectations get a lot higher as price gets through the ceiling. Looks like fun to me but hard to get excited about a cell phone game. The picture taking sounds and phone ringing get old real fast - real fast. I'm all for different pins and original themes but it needs to be something exciting like monster trucks driving off a cliff. Cell phone stuff is going to be very dated in a handful of years.

#11 7 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Game has a ton of toys and neat gimmicks/ mechanisms and the lighting and everything else looks nice. I think people are just in shock at the moment over the non licensed theme but i bet its very fun to play and will be wanted eventually down the road. One thing is for sure it has alot more to offer than stern pins . But dam these prices are not sustainable imo...

Indeed i think it well be a very fun pin to play. I can't wait to play it next month and yup the prices are going out of control

#12 7 years ago
Quoted from wizard_mode:

I actually agree that the phone connectivity does not add to it. I think JJP is trying to lure non-pin heads especially with the selfy features. I think the game will be sweet to play though for sure; not because of the phone gimmick, but because it is a Pat Lawlor sweet machine and pinball is fun!

i know my bad man. i kinda came off like a dick because i was having flashbacks of the rangers losing, new ghostbusters trailer, seeing star wars episode 1 on opening day, and boondock saints 2 all spiraling outta control in my mind. no hard feelings and this next ball plunge is for you!!

#13 7 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Cell phone stuff is going to be very dated in a handful of years.

I wonder whether it will have some real retro appeal in 40-50 years' time..."This game is from back when cell phones were cutting-edge technology".

#15 7 years ago
Quoted from 2Kaulitz:

Indeed i think it well be a very fun pin to play. I can't wait to play it next month and yup the prices are going out of control

I think the prices are fine since I will only be playing on location. Although, higher game cost means more coin drop which is already crazy at a buck per play...

#16 7 years ago
Quoted from SHOOTTHEPYRAMID:

i know my bad man. i kinda came off like a dick because i was having flashbacks of the rangers losing, new ghostbusters trailer, seeing star wars episode 1 on opening day, and boondock saints 2 all spiraling outta control in my mind. no hard feelings and this next ball plunge is for you!!

Lol, thx man. Here's to a long ball time on the one you plunged in my name!

#17 7 years ago

Well said! Lol

#18 7 years ago
Quoted from wizard_mode:

I think the prices are fine since I will only be playing on location.

You won't be playing on location if ops can't afford them. How many WNBJM are there on location?

#19 7 years ago

The Blue tooth links seem kind of cool. Interaction with your phone is different, possibly unique.

However these are features that I would never use, on any coin mech machine that would be in an arcade.

#20 7 years ago
Quoted from Circus_Animal:

You won't be playing on location if ops can't afford them. How many WNBJM are there on location?

one near me. we got good spots round here. woot!

#21 7 years ago

Three comments:
1. I don't want to have to get my phone or take it out of my pocket to play pinball.
2. I don't want to have to upgrade my iPhone5 to play pinball
3. That said, the game looks pretty cool and packed. Will be interesting to see gameplay.

Final thought (not really jjp related):
This week and all these pinball releases with sky rocketing prices has me thinking one thing: "this hobby has officially gone Bonkers!"

#22 7 years ago

I wonder if they'll backport the phone flipping features to Hobbit and WOZ? I've been having trouble finding out what else the phone does at this point, the JJP main site is down, only the store is up .

#23 7 years ago
Quoted from Circus_Animal:

I wonder whether it will have some real retro appeal in 40-50 years' time..."This game is from back when cell phones were cutting-edge technology".

I hear you mate. We're buyers in 2056.

#24 7 years ago

Gameplay:

#25 7 years ago

Looks sweet, just not $9k sweet.

#26 7 years ago

Its a disaster theme alright... what a disaster!

Third times the charm??? NOPE!

#27 7 years ago

The price is insane.

#28 7 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

The price is insane.

Well, for $9k you get probably the most feature packed pinball machine ever while Stern is charging nearly $9k for a Batman 66 premium...now that is truly insane, lol.

#29 7 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Well, for $9k you get probably the most feature packed pinball machine ever while Stern is charging nearly $9k for a Batman 66 premium...now that is truly insane, lol.

Both are insane.

Stern just batshit insane.

#30 7 years ago

Game doesn't look that bad after watching a few videos, need to see it more closely. Hopefully you can change the ring tone, it's pretty annoying. As others noted, the price is too high plus the gap between the models makes no sense and 7k units means these will be really easy to get in the secondary market, and at much lower prices. At 50 cents a play, a game won't cover just its purchase cost for 18000 plays. If the op has to split earnings, it becomes even crazier to recoup.

#31 7 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

Both are insane.
Stern just batshit insane.

Yeah I keep thinking to myself it would be neat to buy a BNIB game and put it on location somewhere but, damn, especially if you have to split coin drop with the house. How would you ever recoup the cost? Maybe the only way to think about it is putting it on location would take your out of pocket cost down a little bit over a few years time but hopefully it would not blow out the machine too bad...

#32 7 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Game doesn't look that bad after watching a few videos, need to see it more closely. Hopefully you can change the ring tone, it's pretty annoying. As others noted, the price is too high plus the gap between the models makes no sense and 7k units means these will be really easy to get in the secondary market, and at much lower prices. At 50 cents a play, a game won't cover just its purchase cost for 18000 plays. If the op has to split earnings, it becomes even crazier to recoup.

exactly, they talk about how important ops are but as an op they have lost their mind... $9k after location split means at $1/play the machine needs 18k plays assuming nothing breaks and the time required to clean it monthly is worthless... so ya, basically this is a no go for location

#33 7 years ago

Dialed In thread overload! Closing this one, please continue discussion in one of the other DI threads.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 22.50
5,640 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Worcester, MA
Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Martinez, GA
$ 3.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Flipper Parts
FlipMods

9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Erie, CO
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

7,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Salinas, CA

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-flip-with-your-phone-holy-sweet and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.