Topic Stats

• 32 posts
  • 19 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 20 days ago by pinstyle
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20190424_073133 (resized).jpg

#1 27 days ago

I’m hoping to get straitened out on something. The drones on my dialed in were diagnosed over the phone to be defective. “A bad batch” jj said. My dialed in is less than a year old and has low plays, also I’m the original owner as bought strait from jj. The want me to pay full price for new drones. Does this seem right? I know paying over 8,000 for a pinball doesn’t entitle me to anything but seemingly after a product is admitted to be defective you would At least get a discount and a “sorry you have to figure out how to install these drones. Am I expecting too much?

#2 27 days ago
Quoted from projvulkn:

I’m hoping to get straitened out on something. The drones on my dialed in were diagnosed over the phone to be defective. “A bad batch” jj said. My dialed in is less than a year old and has low plays, also I’m the original owner as bought strait from jj. The want me to pay full price for new drones. Does this seem right? I know paying over 8,000 for a pinball doesn’t entitle me to anything but seemingly after a product is admitted to be defective you would At least get a discount and a “sorry you have to figure out how to install these drones. Am I expecting too much?

They are off the shelf drones from ebay. Look there firsy

#3 27 days ago

They did the same thing with the defectively designed WOZ light boards.

“Sorry it was our fault because of a design flaw. But we’ll sell you the fix for $800.”

#4 27 days ago

Same thing happened to mine. I never called them for replacements. I guess it’s good I didn’t waste my time!

#5 27 days ago

There's someone in the di thread that fixed them very cheaply from Ebay parts. In all actuality they dont really do anything and u don't notice them with the glass on. I probably wldnt even worry about messing with them. I don't even notice the lights on them lol.

#6 27 days ago

With the new 1.61 code they barely ever spin anyways.

#7 27 days ago

This one looks pretty cool. Not the best price, I am pretty sure you can find them cheaper. I feel the same way though, that they should be replacing some of these things. Certainly the case with the light boards on WOZ knowing that they released a defective lighting architecture.

amazon.com link »

#8 27 days ago
Quoted from dug:

With the new 1.61 code they barely ever spin anyways.

that's why they never spin, they made that update so they wouldn't wear out so fast.

#9 27 days ago

just got my replacements in the mail yesterday.

#10 27 days ago

I had 2 go out. Just got my replacements in the mail.

#11 27 days ago

Jesus, does anyone have them where they never broke, or do they all break 100% of the time??

#12 27 days ago
Quoted from jorant:

Jesus, does anyone have them where they never broke, or do they all break 100% of the time??

There’s an explanation in the DI thread on why they break. They’re cheap and not really wired properly for longevity.

When I had DI I was surprised they spun so little.

#13 26 days ago

I have an early DI LE and got it on the first run, I think about 1.5 years ago. My drones have always worked fine.

#14 26 days ago

wait a sec... they spin?!? i thought they were just there to snag my microfiber rag when cleaning the machine!

#15 26 days ago

I have had 2 go bad and JJP replaced both under warranty. My last replacement came with this note. I have noticed the drones are less active with the newer codes.

20190424_073133 (resized).jpg

#16 26 days ago
Quoted from lordloss:

They are off the shelf drones from ebay. Look there firsy

there not
pull one apart they have Jersey Jack Pinball on the board

#17 26 days ago

They are easy to fix. Most of the time it is a cold solder joint.

Go into test mode. Push down on top of the drone. If it starts running, it is a cold solder joint.

#18 26 days ago

July 2017 build date, mine all work as they should.

#19 26 days ago

Mine was built Nov 2017 and all work as they should. Out of curiosity, how much does JJP want for replacement drones?

#20 26 days ago

Yep something changed as i have a july 2017 build and they are fine after thousands of games on older code.

#21 26 days ago
Quoted from rs812:

They did the same thing with the defectively designed WOZ light boards.
“Sorry it was our fault because of a design flaw. But we’ll sell you the fix for $800.”

That $800 was if you were lucky. I think the real cost was $1200!

#22 26 days ago
Quoted from WyseGuy:

That $800 was if you were lucky. I think the real cost was $1200!

You got charged extra because your a knob shiner

#23 26 days ago

Obviously it was an issue, But those of you who haven't had any defects....Thanks for chiming in. Im sure your games are worth more. With your help, we will get to the bottom of this.

#24 25 days ago
Quoted from dug:

Mine was built Nov 2017 and all work as they should. Out of curiosity, how much does JJP want for replacement drones?

$30 each

#25 25 days ago

Wow, I feel like buying 6 extra ones just in case...

#26 24 days ago

Thank you!

#27 21 days ago

My first machine had over 1400 plays on it, drones never broke.

The machine I recently got, works fine as well. Although, an air ball must have knocked one of the propellers off because one is missing.

Something tells me, I'm going to have to buy a $30 drone just to get the one propeller ...smh

#28 21 days ago

Just swapped my lotr for DILE # 100. It's camping out in the garage for now, but can't wait to get it setup in the basement!

#29 21 days ago
Quoted from PinLen83:

y first machine had over 1400 plays on it, drones never broke.

The machine I recently got, works fine as well. Although, an air ball must have knocked one of the propellers off because one is missing.

Something tells me, I'm goin

Quoted from PinLen83:

My first machine had over 1400 plays on it, drones never broke.
Something tells me, I'm going to have to buy a $30 drone just to get the one propeller ...smh

My game came with extra propellers. Not sure where the owner got them from but they can be got.

#30 21 days ago

Mine has a build date of 6/18 and both my lower ones are crapped out. I am running 1.57 code. Top one still running good. Game has about 600 plays on it, not sure when they went out. Looks like I need to do some investigating. Looks like the LEDs are lighting on them but propellers are not turning.

#31 21 days ago
Quoted from coz6:

My game came with extra propellers. Not sure where the owner got them from but they can be got.

I'll check the goody bag to see if they're in there.

#32 20 days ago

So it looks like what happens is one of the motors goes out and you lose them all. They are wired in a serial nature. So if you lose continuity through one of the motors your done. In my case I had some faulty wiring at the motor side (intermittent connection inside the motor), there is no way to repair these wires unfortunately. I would guess that this is the case with most of these drones failing, just a case of crappy wiring to a crappy little motor. So your options are to either replace the motor or the entire drone itself. My game is only about month or so old so I am going to see if JJP will warranty the two drones.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 21.00
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 399.95
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Danville, VA
$ 239.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Tilttopper
8,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Fruitland Park, FL
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 8,000.00
7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Fruitland Park, FL
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 45.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 50.00
7,800 (OBO)
Sale Pending!
Jackson, MI
$ 49.00
$ 45.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 9,000.00
$ 9,000.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside