(Topic ID: 287356)

Dialed In! Dead!

By Trainman15148

3 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 3 years ago

My Dialed In! just died during a game. I was playing two ball multiball when everything shut down. Now nothing works - no lights, no phones, no motor cars - not a single luxury! The fans don’t spin. Nothing. “It’s dead, Jim”.

I have good wall power and the service outlet works. As near as I can tell, the line fuse is okay. I have read posts discussing a mysterious reset button, but I cannot find it anywhere. I am at a loss as to why nothing works and would appreciate any suggestions. This is a low play machine. Many thanks!

#2 3 years ago

JJP = PC. Try to find the cable power...remove and plug ...it can help.

can you check voltage with multimeter ?

#3 3 years ago

Thanks for the response. I did that both in the back of the machine and inside the back box to no avail. Outlet power is good.

#4 3 years ago

Watch this video below and see if any of the problems he talks about are similar to yours. If so, he will walk you through rebooting the cpu.

#5 3 years ago

I really appreciated the video - learned a lot! Sadly, none of the leds are lit by the fuses so the boards aren’t getting power. The line fuse is good. There’s power at the service outlet. The crimp connectors on the interlocks are on properly. Everything is dead and died during game play. I am at a loss. Thanks for the help - I’m clearly hoping for more!

#6 3 years ago

I’m sorry it didn’t help. I had a similar issue with my Wonka but it turned out to be CPU. Wish I had deeper knowledge to help out, but I still start to sweat whenever I start tinkering under the playfield. Good luck, I hope someone can help you figure it out.

#7 3 years ago

Had a similar problem with Woz. It turned out to be a loose connection at the power switch.

#8 3 years ago

Look in your manual on page C-46 at the power supply at the upper left. Did that cord come unplugged?

Also, if you didn’t check the fuse with your multimeter remove it and do so.

#9 3 years ago

For whatever reason, my Dialed In! has resurrected itself! I unplugged the power cord from the ATX power supply to check the voltage. I first checked the voltage at the on/off switch output and it read 120.9VAC. I then wanted to make sure the ATX power supply was getting the same voltage. When I unplugged it, all of the red fuse LEDs came on. I shut it down, plugged the cord back in and viola! It came back up! Thanks to everyone for their help! I still have no clue what happened but I’ll take the result!

#10 3 years ago

That’s great news! Congrats!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Flipper Parts
FlipMods

$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 22.50
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pittsburgh, PA
6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Martinez, GA
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-dead and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.