• 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by pinpoor
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_8222 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider trazy11.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

I"ve got 20 games in on my NIB DILE and noticed small scratches on the playfield. Removed the balls and found all of them damaged with burrs and scratches on them. My game came with the JJ protection on the scoops. It's thick and causes air balls. Iv'e stopped playing it until i figure out whats causing the damage to the balls. Anyone else experienced this on your DI ?

#3 6 years ago

Yes. I cleaned them and inspected them before installation. They were perfect. Think i will install a set of high quality balls and see what happens. Thanks for the input.

#8 6 years ago

Ya , I'm thinkin low quality balls. Gonna order a quality set. Any suggestions what and where to order them ? Also think I'll replace JJP's protectors with Cliffys. Called him up to order and he said so many people have been ordering em for DI that he's backed up and it will take a month to get em

3 weeks later
#15 6 years ago

Got my cliffy's and installed them. Replaced balls with Ninja chrome balls. No more issues with 50 more plays ! A word to the wise..... Play field was sustaining some significant scratching after only 25 plays ! Not sure if it was the sharp edges and thickness of the JJP protectors or poor quality balls. However problem solved !

#20 6 years ago

Ninja chrome
Balls came from the ball baron. He just got them in a few days ago. Solid chrome high quality. No issues with magnets !

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Sacramento, CA
$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

7,275 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Olanta, PA
Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Electronics
Skillshot Combo

$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

Flipper Parts
FlipMods

Lighting - Led
Lermods

5,640 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Worcester, MA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider trazy11.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-damage-to-balls?tu=trazy11 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.