Topic Stats

• 21 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by pinpoor
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_8222 (resized).jpg

#1 1 year ago

I"ve got 20 games in on my NIB DILE and noticed small scratches on the playfield. Removed the balls and found all of them damaged with burrs and scratches on them. My game came with the JJ protection on the scoops. It's thick and causes air balls. Iv'e stopped playing it until i figure out whats causing the damage to the balls. Anyone else experienced this on your DI ?

#2 1 year ago

Did you inspect the balls when you got it? Im wondering if the balls sucked to begin with or if they got damaged from somewhere in the game during play. I would put in new balls and look at them after a few games and see if they get chewed up...

#3 1 year ago

Yes. I cleaned them and inspected them before installation. They were perfect. Think i will install a set of high quality balls and see what happens. Thanks for the input.

#4 1 year ago

Take a look on dialled in forum

We had the exact same thing in our UK games!

Change the balls ASAP. Check the scoop protectors aren’t lifting up as well.

#5 1 year ago

Hmmmm is there an area that the ball can get to that is damaging them, or is JJP using poor quality balls?

#6 1 year ago

Get cliffys

#7 1 year ago

I didnt care for the stock jjp balls.... changed them out 600 plays ago with super shiny and everything has been great.

#8 1 year ago

Ya , I'm thinkin low quality balls. Gonna order a quality set. Any suggestions what and where to order them ? Also think I'll replace JJP's protectors with Cliffys. Called him up to order and he said so many people have been ordering em for DI that he's backed up and it will take a month to get em

#9 1 year ago
Quoted from trazy11:

Ya , I'm thinkin low quality balls. Gonna order a quality set. Any suggestions what and where to order them ?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/where-are-you-buying-balls-from

#10 1 year ago

A freind got a DI.. played a few games with stock balls. Scratched the PF up pretty good.

He replaced the balls with new.. and the same results in a few games. They looked like they were rolling around in the parking lot

Its either the hole protectors scratching them..or the Theater entrance lanes (his are pounded flat already after minimal games)

#11 1 year ago
Quoted from Monster_Bash:

Its either the hole protectors scratching them..or the Theater entrance lanes (his are pounded flat already after minimal games)

I agree it's likely the JJP hole protectors scratching the balls (they are thick and sharp). They are much thicker than Cliffies. I've been using Cliffies for years, and never had a problem with them damaging balls. It's also possible it's the theatre magnet...I had to lower mine. Here's a photo of mine before lowering it.

snaroff

IMG_8222 (resized).jpg

#12 1 year ago

I have had this happen on a couple new games before where balls get dinged up quite quickly. I have found it settles in though as whatever is dinging up the balls gets smoothed out. Check and replace balls as needed often with any new game.

2 weeks later
#13 1 year ago

Curious if there is any update from the OP or others experiencing this concern

#14 1 year ago

Carbon core balls (like the ones that come with the game) are inherently soft and will get dinged and scratched much faster than 100% chrome balls. For this reason I use chrome balls in all my games, including DILE. Magnetism has not been an issue for me so you may want to try switching and see what happens.

#15 1 year ago

Got my cliffy's and installed them. Replaced balls with Ninja chrome balls. No more issues with 50 more plays ! A word to the wise..... Play field was sustaining some significant scratching after only 25 plays ! Not sure if it was the sharp edges and thickness of the JJP protectors or poor quality balls. However problem solved !

#16 1 year ago
Quoted from trazy11:

Got my cliffy's and installed them. Replaced balls with Ninja chrome balls. No more issues with 50 more plays ! A word to the wise..... Play field was sustaining some significant scratching after only 25 plays ! Not sure if it was the sharp edges and thickness of the JJP protectors or poor quality balls. However problem solved !

I noticed this the other day. Do these balls work well with the magnets? Where did you purchase them?

snaroff

#17 1 year ago
Quoted from trazy11:

Poor quality balls... changes mine out with super shiny from pinball wizard and 1000 games later and its all good

#18 1 year ago

From the JJP forums: Turn down your pop bumper power a bit.

#19 1 year ago
Quoted from DANGERTERROR:

From the JJP forums: Turn down your pop bumper power a bit.

What's the suggested level ?

#20 1 year ago

Ninja chrome
Balls came from the ball baron. He just got them in a few days ago. Solid chrome high quality. No issues with magnets !

#21 1 year ago

Perhaps you should try them in "YOUR" Pinball Pool machine....

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
7,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Charlotte, NC
$ 9,000.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Hubertus, WI
$ 50.00
$ 189.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside