You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screen Shot 2018-01-10 at 6.50.24 AM (resized).png
overwrite (resized).png
no_fat32 (resized).png
format (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Yoski.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

I am trying to upgrade from 1.13 to 1.5. I follow all their instructions, download the .iso image, UNetbootin, format USB to FAT32 and create a bootable USB using UNetbootin. During the "installing Bootloader" it gives some error about some file that already exists (syslinux/menu.c32). It gives the option "overwrite Yes/No". I picked yes and in a later attempt no. Either way, Dialed-In does not recognize the USB stick when I boot up. It boots up normally and goes into game mode. No update is performed. Any suggestions?
I am on Windows10.

#5 6 years ago

When I format the USB I selected "restore device defaults". Any particular partition size that it required? The 2 options on format are "exFAT" and NTFS. I hope exFAT and FAT32 are compatible. What brand and size of USB stick completed the update successfully? I have a 64 GB Kingston USB. Thanks for the suggestions.

format (resized).pngformat (resized).png

#7 6 years ago

No FAT32. Not sure but this might be a Windows10 thing.
Apparently Windows can't format it into FAT32. Download the free AOMEI partition manager here:
https://www.disk-partition.com/free-partition-manager.html
Now I can at least format it into FAT32 and it is recognized as such by Windows. I still get the overwrite file question. I pick Yes.
...and. The game still doesn't perform an update. It boots into normal game mode.
Hey, JJP, your update procedure still has room for improvement.

no_fat32 (resized).pngno_fat32 (resized).png

overwrite (resized).pngoverwrite (resized).png

#10 6 years ago

I will order a PNY USB then. Thanks for that suggestion. I wish JJP would point out those details in their instructions.

#11 6 years ago

I got a PNY USB 3.0 with 16GB from Ebay. Then everything worked as advertised.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Yoski.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-code-upgrade-fails?tu=Yoski and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.