(Topic ID: 189041)

Dialed-In CE Owners - POLL - Powder Coating of Doors??

By RichieWrench

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Should all the trim including the Coin Box Door be powder coated?”

• YES 25 votes
    37%
  • NO 42 votes
    63%

(67 votes)

#1 6 years ago

Okay -- So lets keep this simple -- I would like to do a simple POLL on all 150 of you CE owners out there -- Please leave your comments if you think that the Coin Door should be powder coated or not.

I am just curious -- AS OF RIGHT NOW -- THERE WILL BE NO POWDER COATING OF THE DOORS....But I am curious of the ones out there that are willing to spend that 12,500.00 did you think that the powder coating should be included for that price or that because it is a CE Model and limited that they should powder coat the shooter housing and doors as well, just like they are for the rest of the trim.

Please leave your CE number and comments -- I am just looking for a POLL to see what percentage of CE owners would like TO SEE or NOT see the doors powder coated. I am guessing that since all 150 are sold that most of those CE owners will have a PINSIDE account.

So lets start the Poll -- I will be going first.

Thanks to all for your comments

#2 6 years ago

I have #12 and I say YES to powdercoating of all trim including the coin box door.

#3 6 years ago

I have #21 and say Yes to all also!

#4 6 years ago

Don't have a DI but I powder coat all my doors and shooter housings so I say YES.

#5 6 years ago

Wow..Thought I would get better feedback than this within a day or two - This SUCKS...LMAO

Oh well -- I have a better understanding know why they will not Powdercoat doors -- Or at least they prefer not too.

#6 6 years ago
Quoted from RichieWrench:

I am guessing that since all 150 are sold that most of those CE owners will have a PINSIDE account.

That would be a foolish assumption.

I'll be getting a SE because I don't want any powder coating anywhere.

#7 6 years ago

Rich -
Not everyone wants games totally powder coated... I have tried telling you that JJP polled people who bought the CE and that is what they found. Nobody is being cheap here, but they are trying to give the product as most folks would prefer it as your poll shows. As your distributor and friend, my suggestion is cancel the CE, we'll slide your deposit to the LE and save $ 3,500 and then do whatever you want to the game aftermarket with the savings. You're beating yourself up over a product that should make you happy. The CE will be uber cool, trust me, but as I told you from day 1 there is not $ 3,500 of extra 'stuff' on it. It's for those that want the rarity, special perks, the things that will only be on that model, that's why it's called the Collector's Edition ! Love you brother, but you need to put this to rest and enjoy your purchase one way or another. : )
Joe

#8 6 years ago

Man, I bet you can't wait for the daily phonecalls, emails, and threads created after he actually takes ownership of this thing.

#9 6 years ago

I say good on you, Joe for such a wonderful reply....I considered the CE, but decided to go with an LE for exactly those reasons....I've played the game plenty and I'm buying it to PLAY it.

#10 6 years ago

Whatever happens is going happen! It will be what it will be...can't make everyone happy...

Like Joe said just go down to an LE so your not worried anymore, no gamble, and just enjoy your game when you get it... you are setting up yourself since day one to not be happy when you get your CE..... By the way Joe can I change my CE #21 to CE #12 if he backs out?

CE owners were polled on this topic? Must have missed them contacting me on the poll....

#11 6 years ago

Edit: up vote for post#7

#12 6 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

Rich -
Not everyone wants games totally powder coated... I have tried telling you that JJP polled people who bought the CE and that is what they found. Nobody is being cheap here, but they are trying to give the product as most folks would prefer it as your poll shows. As your distributor and friend, my suggestion is cancel the CE, we'll slide your deposit to the LE and save $ 3,500 and then do whatever you want to the game aftermarket with the savings. You're beating yourself up over a product that should make you happy. The CE will be uber cool, trust me, but as I told you from day 1 there is not $ 3,500 of extra 'stuff' on it. It's for those that want the rarity, special perks, the things that will only be on that model, that's why it's called the Collector's Edition ! Love you brother, but you need to put this to rest and enjoy your purchase one way or another. : )
Joe

I am all good and I get it now.....I think with the custom topper...specials code for CE Owners and Radcals...I am all good.

Just feeling out how most feel...I get it nkkw...all good.

Back to my plumbing jobs.....

#13 6 years ago
Quoted from RichieWrench:

I am all good and I get it now.....I think with the custom topper...specials code for CE Owners and Radcals...I am all good.
Just feeling out how most feel...I get it nkkw...all good.
Back to my plumbing jobs.....

I'm still buying you a steak if JJP gives you a ham sandwich for your lunch with Pat Lawlor ! Me and you at Expo and that wine steakhouse across from the Westin - I'll drink a bottle of wine and you can tell me everything you don't like about the Dialed In you paid $ 12,500 for ! lol... In all seriousness, just be happy - it pains me to see you so distraught over what should be a fun experience. So, we cool ? Steak dinner on me... and before you ask NO you can't pick the cow out of the field and shoot him yourself - you get what they give you.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

5,640 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Worcester, MA
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Martinez, GA
7,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Carlisle, PA
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Sacramento, CA
$ 22.50
$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball

Electronics
Skillshot Combo

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-ce-owners-poll-powder-coating-of-doors?hl=tryton1000 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.