image (resized).jpeg
8 (resized).jpg
1 (resized).jpg
12 (resized).jpg
5 (resized).jpg
Title (resized).jpg
DSC00334 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

19 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #122 Pat Lawlor pic with first Dialed In off the line Posted by sevenrites (6 years ago)

Post #140 Production line pictures Posted by solarvalue (6 years ago)

Post #155 Background of News 8 used in Dialed In Posted by TheDude75 (6 years ago)

Post #159 More JJP News 8 Background Posted by check_switch_26 (6 years ago)

Post #205 Picture of Jack with playfields on the line Posted by solarvalue (6 years ago)

Post #237 Link to gameplay footage Posted by pbu (6 years ago)

Post #289 Link to how the machine appears when first unpacked Posted by magickeys (6 years ago)

Post #304 Lloyd's custom-signed Dialed In Posted by LTG (6 years ago)

Post #322 Dialed In Instruction and Price Card add-on frame pictures Posted by PinMonk (6 years ago)

Post #343 LE Certificate picture Posted by lapean111 (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider procrastinator.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#373 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

How is that possible? I thought only garbage Stern had issues?
Shocking

oh god man, give it rest. How many times are you going to white knight for stern around here...

#379 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

This is about JJP pf's chipping after 21 plays and pieces of CC floating around the PF.
If its a crap clear job its going to happen in other places. Remember all the GB pf hate? Let's see what JJP does here to fix it.
Have they addressed the magnet wear? Has NOTHING to do with Stern does it?

If it's an issue I hope they genuinely address it, not ignore emails and calls to the point people get the state attorney general involved like stern had to.

#404 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Well that ought to be changing for the better soon given the makeup of the EPA now

Hopefully so...it's gotten insane the last decade

Quoted from trunchbull:

I'll be hacking my lungs out on pollution while ankle-deep in rising ocean water, but at least my playfields won't chip!

I don't think anyone is against clean air and water, but let's make sensible rules. The hypocrisy involving climate issues is astonishing.

I see the real world effects of crippling regulations daily, and unfortunately "government" gets it right very little. I'm sure the fact a handful of countries stop using some Chemical in clearcoat makes up for the hundreds of other countries with zero or very little regulation.

1 week later
#663 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I never said anything about Stern, its funny how a JJP problem is no biggie and the excuse is "still better than Stern" what r u 8 years old?

Says the guy who thinks "WOZ is for gays" and trolls jjp threads.....

1 week later
#764 6 years ago
Quoted from mrgregb123:

6/21.

Sure see attached. Giant gash missing on left. Small chip w/paint on right. Chipping on wood at post. I heard they were making a cliffy but that doesn't undo the damage, unfortunately.

Every person I know with the game reported this issue when I asked them. Doesn't matter if the ball was hit hard up the left ramp either. Flipper strength is factory but again, even if the ramp is hit gently, it still flies out of the wireform once it hits the stopper at the end. Just a bad design IMO.

Everyone I've talked to locally here reports the same issues. I was kinda shocked to read through this thread and not see the same stuff cropping up more. Maybe there's a black cloud over my state.

Mine is 6/16 and it's been perfect. There is going to be problems at the SIM card hole for everyone just based off the material left in for the stud, and the angle. They need a cliffy asap for it. I have the power turned way up on the flippers and haven't had a ball come off the wireform yet. Not saying it doesn't happen or you don't have issues, but complaining about a magnets settings seems like you are looking for problems to have. Aren't you the same guy who made a thread about jjp clearcoat quality issues and that your sterns have never had an issue?

#791 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

If that's a concern, turn down your third flipper power until the protectors show up.
JJP said the SIM card protector design is complete and they should be in stock soon, so that's good! I didn't hear anything about a similar protector for the phone hole.

I personally don't think one would be needed for the phone hole, but more protection isn't a bad thing. It really seems the issue with the SIM card hole is the way they trimmed out the wood. On the right side you have the material sticking out for the threads of a post to go through. On mine, some of the SIM card hole edges arent routed out as nice as the phone hole is, with a straight angle on the left and back side. Seems like the material left for the post is going to catch a brunt of the damage, but hopefully whatever the release protects the area.

#795 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Well they did "field test" these, so wtf?
Skymont you should def play it and not worry about chipping.
If it chips there it might chip elsewhere, in any event, PF swaps could be in the future
Don't worry, nobody would ever accuse you of criticizing JJP. Only Stern for you

PF Swaps? Pfft, what a pathetic joke. I'm sure you have already posted it to 4,300 other stern threads, so no need to get the word out. Keep up the good work white knight.

#805 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Hypocrites? Yep
Pfft. If this was Stern every crybaby out there would be screaming bloody murder
So we get to see how this evolves. Where is KPG?
Btw, I'm Darth Vader

Well thank god You're here to make sure all is fair in the world...carry on.

#806 6 years ago

I love the game so far and just hit 100 games played. My only real complaint is whatever rubber they are using is absolute garbage. I had to replace 4 pieces already due to tearing and wear. With the amount of overlapping ramps and tight spaces, the best thing they can do is put something halfway decent in the game. Not sure what, but anything would seemingly be better than what's there now.

That leads into a second issue. I dropped a rubber down the phone slot, and got it with a pair of long tweasers....seemingly no big deal. That was until I went to play after, and the opto switch isn't registering. I tested it a few times, but am not getting anything. Opto switches are seemingly straight forward, unless I'm missing something. I pulled both out, and unlike others I have seen, one has what looks like a transmit LED and the opposite side looks like a piece of plastic. Is anyone aware if these are different optos than say the ones in the hobbit?

#811 6 years ago
Quoted from Procrastinator:

I love the game so far and just hit 100 games played. My only real complaint is whatever rubber they are using is absolute garbage. I had to replace 4 pieces already due to tearing and wear. With the amount of overlapping ramps and tight spaces, the best thing they can do is put something halfway decent in the game. Not sure what, but anything would seemingly be better than what's there now.
That leads into a second issue. I dropped a rubber down the phone slot, and got it with a pair of long tweasers....seemingly no big deal. That was until I went to play after, and the opto switch isn't registering. I tested it a few times, but am not getting anything. Opto switches are seemingly straight forward, unless I'm missing something. I pulled both out, and unlike others I have seen, one has what looks like a transmit LED and the opposite side looks like a piece of plastic. Is anyone aware if these are different optos than say the ones in the hobbit?

After digging a little bit more it seems all the opto switches coming off that board are dead. It's all 3 including theater opto, phone opto, and left orbit opto. Is there a way for me to test the board and see if it works? Any suggestions?

#814 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Did you do this with the game on? Sounds like you shorted something.....

That's the weird part, it was completely off. I thought maybe I just jostled something loose, but have ran the wires back to the board and don't see anything out of the ordinary. I'm going to look at it tomorrow with fresh eyes and try to troubleshoot it.

#821 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Did you do this with the game on? Sounds like you shorted something.....

Finally got to dig into it and I did short the right opto board. Not sure how exactly, but it looks like I left a small hook tool on the lip of the cabinet and when I pulled the playfield up, it made contact on the opto board. Rest assured it looks like complete user error and not a bad part or anything. Hopefully I can get one from jjp Monday so I'll be back in business.

I also have to compliment jjp and Lloyd (@ltg). I sent a message on a Saturday around noon, and within the hour Lloyd called me walking me through some of the first things to check. Just have to say I was super impressed and confirmed I made the right choice by purchasing JJP products.

#840 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

The clearcoat and playfields are fine .....it seems to only be a issue at the sim hole which is bc of the way its designed apparently. Definitely sld had a protector from factory or the edge sld have been tampered like the phone scoop. This is similar to games like mb, afm where the hole wasnt tapered and the edge gets worn/chipped. Cliffy will have a full set available shortly .

Yea, not sure why they didn't chamfer the edge, as it looks to be a big part of the problem.
Luckily a protector should be able to fully protect it, but kind of annoying to even have to deal with it.

#856 6 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Mustang Prem and Ghostbusters Prem had it stock. Just the first 2 that came to mind I own.

Seems like such a cheap, easy way to avoid these issues. Hopefully it becomes standard market wide.

#970 6 years ago

Is it just me or this game pretty difficult? I have hit 2 mil a couple times, and got to the MB where you have played all the modes, but I have only collected at max 3-4 SIM cards. Somehow I always drain before I can collect it. Anyone have some tips for getting the SIM card?

My ball times are pretty short, and the only time I am getting a big score is from MB's. Are most people playing trough the modes or are they just using the Big Bang? Also, it says you can add time to the mode...has anyone figured out how you do this?

Lastly, are everyone's flippers dead even? My left flipper is down a bit, maybe 2-3'. Can any one else take a look and let me know how yours is setup?

Overall, really enjoy the game, and think it is a lot of fun. I have never had a game challenge me as much as this one has so far, but absolutely loving it. If anybody has gameplay advice, or how you attack the game, I'm definitely curious to hear. Hope everyone is enjoying it!

#1057 6 years ago
Quoted from DeeGor:

ebay.com link » Autographed Jersey Jack Pinball Dialed In Comic Book Pinball Expo 2016

Is that dude really selling programs from pinball shows, and the free flyers they hand out? $24.99 they handed out free at expo? That is so much cringe I don't even know how to describe it.

#1112 6 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Few questions:
- who's the go to distributor for dialed In? And is the best price on an LE $9k (+shipping?) or is shipping included and/or are there better street prices? Feel free to ok if so
- what's overal consensous of quality? Decals tearing, cc chipping, etc... minority cases or is quality a concern for a $9k nib?
Thanks in advance.

I have no issues minus some spotty rubber and a opto board I shorted (jjp next day aired one free of charge). I even offered to pay and they said no, they were next day airing it. That was after they returned my call on a Saturday afternoon for tech support.

Some people seem to have some issues, but I can say mine has pretty much been perfect.

#1130 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

That is a good question and one I'm still working on myself. If you haven't had time to check this out, I haven't much myself, give it a look.
The game has some cool ideas for sure. The "Big Bang" target is pretty impressive. It can be used for diff'rent things depending on what's going on in the game and work stacked as well. It's a damn fun game for sure...and I'm finding it a little tough right now, which is a good thing.
EDIT: Haha whoops forgot the thing to actually look at
http://tiltforums.com/t/dialed-in-rulesheet-wiki/2855

Tough is understatement. I usually have trouble making games last because I play so much and usually go through them pretty quick. Not DI....I've scored 3-4 mil a few times now, but most of my games are under a million and done. I have it completely stock settings, minus 3 EB. I have made it to showdown one time, but otherwise only collected 3 SIM cards. That is the toughest for me, is getting the SIM card before i drain. For those that made it to Armageddon, it must have been a sight. Short of never-ending EB, it seems extremely tough to do.

#1135 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Armageddon is if you finish the modes but don't collect all the SIM cards.
Showdown is collecting all the SIM cards.
I can get to Armageddon. I can't yet get to Showdown.

Sorry, that's correct. I only got to it once, and that was because I did nothing but focus on getting through the modes and not really trying for anything else. It's s tough one for sure.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Led
Lermods

7,275 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Olanta, PA
Electronics
Skillshot Combo

$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Sacramento, CA
Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider procrastinator.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-assembly-line-set-up?tu=procrastinator and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.