image (resized).jpeg
8 (resized).jpg
1 (resized).jpg
12 (resized).jpg
5 (resized).jpg
Title (resized).jpg
DSC00334 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

19 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #122 Pat Lawlor pic with first Dialed In off the line Posted by sevenrites (6 years ago)

Post #140 Production line pictures Posted by solarvalue (6 years ago)

Post #155 Background of News 8 used in Dialed In Posted by TheDude75 (6 years ago)

Post #159 More JJP News 8 Background Posted by check_switch_26 (6 years ago)

Post #205 Picture of Jack with playfields on the line Posted by solarvalue (6 years ago)

Post #237 Link to gameplay footage Posted by pbu (6 years ago)

Post #289 Link to how the machine appears when first unpacked Posted by magickeys (6 years ago)

Post #304 Lloyd's custom-signed Dialed In Posted by LTG (6 years ago)

Post #322 Dialed In Instruction and Price Card add-on frame pictures Posted by PinMonk (6 years ago)

Post #343 LE Certificate picture Posted by lapean111 (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pindude80.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#18 6 years ago

I just placed a LE deposit yesterday. I wonder how long until these are boxed, out the door and mine is in my hands? Can't freaking wait!!

#21 6 years ago

I thought I saw someone saying they were going to make the LEs and CEs first. Oh well, I will get it when I get it. If it's later in the summer I will kind of forgotten about it, I hope, and then when I hear it's ready it will be like Christmas when I was a kid!

#24 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Standards for operators first so that any unforeseen quirks or kinks can get ironed out before the LE and CE models hit the floor. With how much they've tested this game, I doubt they're going to have trouble, so things should keep moving along well.

that makes sense. I just went back and re-read, they said standards and LE's first then CE's. Doesn't Stern do LEs first?

#38 6 years ago

Does anyone know how many games JJP is capable of making a day? I wonder how many international orders have to go before we start seeing our domestic games?

3 weeks later
#128 6 years ago

Have any games shipped yet, I'm guessing not since we haven't seen pictures, but am curious as to why not because there are machines that are complete. Just remembered the overseas games go out before our domestic games.

#130 6 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

I think that's only Stern's policy

I hope it's only stern's policy, can't freaking wait to get mine. All of the updates are only making the wait even more painful!

#136 6 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

JJP (and Stern) do not ship out games one at a time as they complete them. I'm guessing they will make their first shipment by June 9th (I have no info I'm basing that on, just my personal guess).

I guess that would make sense to "bulk" ship them, I was thinking 12 would be enough to ship, but maybe not. I was thinkingmaybe they were on some kind of QC hold.

I wonder who the lucky distributor will be to get the first order, hopefully Automated so I can get mine. I am # 14 on their list for an LE so hopefully I will get mine soon!

#139 6 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Yep, a couple Pinsiders I hold in really high esteem suggested I call Automated to place my order. I've never spoken to them before, I'm going to give them a ring tomorrow and see what they can do.

My friend order a WOZ and then a Hobbit from them 6 weeks later. Great customer service in communication. I shoppped around a little, but Automated came out the best in my searches. I think they buy a lot of games so I believe they get a % of their orders first.

1 week later
#141 6 years ago

Any new updates for this week?

#156 6 years ago

I wonder if they are shipping both import and domestic games at the same time? The box with the serial number shows USA, but one of the games setup had a single slot coin door.

1 week later
#189 6 years ago

The serial # on the box is 8721028, I wonder if this is the 8th game off the line or the 28th game? His LE certificate says game 144, surely it's not the 144th LE produced. Does anyone have any ideas or guesses?

#191 6 years ago
Quoted from txstargazer3:

The 144 is a number assigned to the game independent of the order in which they are produced. The serial number will reflect where you are in the production order. The trick is knowing what number they started with. My guess is yours is the 28th one made.

Well it was Skyemont's game that I was referring to, wish I had mine, but that was my feeling also that it was probably the 28th game. If the LEs are a limited run do you or anyone else know why they just wouldn't start at number one? Where does the 144 come from?

#277 6 years ago

Got the call yesterday afternoon that my game was ready and once final payment was received they would set up shipping. Of course as soon as I got off the phone with my distributor I called the bank, setup the wire payment, but it was too late in the day for the wire to process so it will go through Monday. Hopefully I will have it in my anxious little hands mid-week next week.

My distributor said that JJP keeps calling telling and saying they have another game or 2 ready for them. So far my distributor has been allotted 20 games; it really sounds like they are flowing out of the factory at a pretty good pace.

#324 6 years ago

DILE # 0085 in da house!! This game plays like butter and is built like a tank! I couldn't believe how heavy it was and how smooth everything feels such as the flippers and when the ball is kicked into the shooter lane it's very smooth and quiet unlike how Stern feels like a soup can full of rocks is being hit with a hammer, that was my comparison anyway. lol

I took the day off work to receive the game, unbox and enjoy it. As soon as I saw it get loaded onto the drop deck of the truck I saw a puncture in the box. He wheeled up to my door step and my heart about sank because I could see the side of the head decal. I looked on the other side and it was hit also. I cut large areas out of the box to inspect and the decals were fine, the warning font on the backbox was smudged and had some small impact dents in the wood, but I accepted it anyway. Sucks, but I guess nothing in life is perfect. Anyway set it up and was amazed with the game, a lot on it that I need to learn about.

If anyone is on the fence about this game I don't think you will be disappointed in it. After ordering I was feeling guilty about spending that much $ on a game, but I work hard for my money and once I played it I feel it was money well spent comparatively speaking to other NIB games out right now.

IMG_20170628_121530779 (resized).jpgIMG_20170628_121530779 (resized).jpg

IMG_20170628_123133899 (resized).jpgIMG_20170628_123133899 (resized).jpg

IMG_20170628_152010091 (resized).jpgIMG_20170628_152010091 (resized).jpg

IMG_20170628_153217212 (resized).jpgIMG_20170628_153217212 (resized).jpg

IMG_20170628_153207056 (resized).jpgIMG_20170628_153207056 (resized).jpg

IMG_20170628_154417261 (resized).jpgIMG_20170628_154417261 (resized).jpg

IMG_20170628_154408050 (resized).jpgIMG_20170628_154408050 (resized).jpg

IMG_20170628_170310118 (resized).jpgIMG_20170628_170310118 (resized).jpg

#330 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

You didn't get the 11x17" "Quick Start" poster? It was taped below where the 4 sheets are on your playfield glass with the 4 sheets on top of it. We didn't get the "servicing the monitor" paper taped to your head.

I did get that, but can't remember where it was taped on the machine, my friend or I must have taken it off before the pictures was taken. I can take a closeup picture of the "servicing the monitor" procedure and post it here because there is a detailed procedure on how to do it.

#331 6 years ago

I was playing my DI more last night, of course, and forgot to mention how smooth the pop bumpers are when they go off. I bought a NIB game from the "world's largest pinball manufacturer" a few weeks ago and can say DI's pop bumpers are MUCH smoother and less clunky.

Also forgot to mention that my DI was born on 6-21-17 so it was exactly one week old when it made it to my house

#334 6 years ago
Quoted from lapean111:

#86 just delivered! Will unbox later today!!

Pretty interesting you have the game after mine; I have # 85, you live in MN and I'm in OH. Who did you order yours from? I got mine from Automated.

#339 6 years ago
Quoted from DeeGor:

Mine is on it's way and shipped out Monday from Automated.
It's not likely to be here until next Wednesday or Thursday. I think they shipped mine via pack mule.

Maybe I was a little surprised how quickly I got mine, it shipped out of JJP on Monday and I had it Weds. Don't worry, it's worth the wait!

#340 6 years ago
Quoted from Turtle:

I don't think the LE#s are coming in order because I was 51. Now my number is 70 something.

I think you are correct about this. I think someone posted they had a way higher number, maybe in the 300s. I wonder what is the reason behind this? Maybe people can request whatever number they want and if not they are going in order

#348 6 years ago
Quoted from DeeGor:

I know it will be worth the wait, but it's difficult.

I know your pain. I was about to quit looking at all of the production photos and unboxing pics/vids! About everytime it would be off my mind I would torture myself by opening this thread.
Having a small DI launch party at my house tomorrow night, anxious to see what other's say. Hopefully I can learn a little more of the rules before they come over.

#349 6 years ago
Quoted from lapean111:

This game is so much fun.

Congrats, looks like it will be right at home with the other 2 Lawlor games. I like the Jack and Coke in the pic, best way to play pinball is sipping on a drink in my opinion!

#457 6 years ago

Are any of you other current DI owners going to contact JJP to get steel protectors? I contacted them to see if they will send them to me. I wonder if they will be a PITA to install? I haven't eyeballed under the PF what it will take to install them. Honestly I was a little disappointed they weren't on there and that I will have to add them myself I guess the bright side of it is it sounds like he has them made up or will have them soon and all future production units will get them and he will send to current owners.

#495 6 years ago

Does anyone's machine have a rubber sleeve on this post? Mine doesn't, it looks like it is machined for one, but wasn't on there when I got the game.

On a side note, the more and more I learn about this game, I like it even more! There is so much to it, last night I discovered there is a switch behind the rubber in the drone area; before I thought it was just the standup target. I really like the skill shot how it's not the typical three lanes over pop bumpers that's been done a million times before, but is a true skill shot where you have to plunge just right, if not the ball will either go up the ramp or backfeed into the pops, took me a little bit to "dial in," pun inteneded, my shot, but I can hit it pretty consistently now, if I plunge a little too soft there is rubber and I believe a post and I can usually nudge it in for the skill shot.

I really think Pat and JJP hit a home run with this one. There is so much to this game and it's not even a widebody! To tell you how good it is, my girlfriend used to be into pinball, but lost interest a couple years back. I got a NIB Aerosmith premium a few weeks ago, which I like, but she hasn't played a single game on it yet, but she keeps to telling me to add her in when I start a game of Dialed In! As a matter of fact we are already planning a showdown on it this afternoon.

IMG_20170704_105218798 (resized).jpgIMG_20170704_105218798 (resized).jpg

#499 6 years ago
Quoted from johninc:

Why is my mind always in the gutter?

LOL, might have to have that kind of a showdown also

#500 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Lots of pat l games are missing a rubber on that post ....

I'll have to look at my TZ and see if it has that post, I don't remember it being there, but I could be wrong. I didn't think it was supposed to, but thought someone may have missed it at the factory.

#501 6 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

A rubber is NOT suppose to be there. Just the post.

Ok, thanks for the quick responses guys!

Check this out what happened last night. I almost started freaking out because the glass would only come down so far then the ball would wedge in there and prevent the glass from coming down anymore. We ended up having to lift the front of the game up really high then while it was up I pulled the glass down as far as it would go then I slid it back up real quick to get the ball loose. I think the metal guard wires aren't adjusted up high enough or I think it would have prevented this from happening.

IMG_20170703_234218456 (resized).jpgIMG_20170703_234218456 (resized).jpg

#507 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Pretty sure this is intentional. The one we have has a naked post there, too. If it bothers you, a post sleeve might make it look nicer, but you definitely don't want rubber on it.

I was thinking the same thing that rubber there would make bounce outs even worse. It looks a little weird, doesn't really bother me, but I'm definitely leaving it without a post sleeve since that is how Pat wanted it. Thanks to everyone that confirmed there is not supposed to be a sleeve there.

#511 6 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

My best score to date. Got to Armageddon. It was bad ass.

Daaaaang!! That's a heck of a score, that game must have lasted a half hour! Is Armageddon after you go through all of the modes and collect all of the sim cards?

#530 6 years ago
Quoted from ngg:

Did anyone else realize that you can select which disaster to play with the flippers?? on the phone screen when the icons are showing
This is probably obvious to most but I just figured it out
BTW game is awesome!! Definitely leaves me wanting to play "just one more"

I actually just noticed this last night also, but didn't get a chance to try it out. I guess you just hit the flippers when the phone is lit to select which mode you want to play, an outline appears around it, then you go in the phone to start, does that sound right? I wonder if you can get to all the disasters or if you have to progress/unlock more of them. I think I have only seen the earthquake mode once or twice.

#531 6 years ago
Quoted from goren1818:

Also, go to the theatre device settings. I had to change my magnet delay to negative 60 to get the pulse to work. That's what the manual says to do

Thanks for bringing this up! I changed it in my settings and it's awesome!! It's explained a couple posts down from this, but it's under coil settings where you make the adjustment. I suggest others do it to unlock the super cool backwards ball toss in the theater; I was impressed.

#557 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

The phone lets you choose what disaster you want to do instead of random pop-bumper selection, and also activate a lit Big Bang on demand. It also remembers the last/best score you had on the game. It needs more functionality, but is already neat.

You can choose which disaster you want using the flippers before going in the phone scoop when the phone is lit. I just noticed this last night, another member posted about it today also and I tried it out at lunch. It's a little difficult to do though because the left flipper moves the "selector" clockwise and the right flipper moves counter clockwise, or vice versa, and you have to account for the flip you will flip when you hit the ball into the scoop. I may be missing something, but this is what I noticed today when I tried it out. Also, I wasn't very far in the game and there were only 5 disasters to choose from so it's not like you can choose from all the disasters doing it this way, maybe you can on the app, but I'm doubting it.

#560 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

You can only choose the lit disasters with the app. I thought the only selector was that or the randomizing that happens when in the pop bumpers.

Ok so the app sounds like playing traditionally as far as choosing disasters. Nope, you can select with the flippers, in a way I wish it would give you an option to choose which mode you want to play when you go in the scoop, but I kind of like the randomness also. I don't like how you have to "plan" a little bit if you want to choose a disaster, but that might get easier the more I do it and the more familiar I get with it.

#640 6 years ago
Quoted from johninc:

Is anybody having trouble with the trap door on the left loop? Mine is stuck open. If I raise the playfield and manually activate the solenoid to lower it, it works a few times then it just stops firing. It sounds like it's getting a pulse but not enough to lower the door. Mechanically it's smooth as butter so it seems to be electrical.

I had a problem where the ball would get stuck behind the trap door on a ball launch. the game would ball search and the trap door would twitch, but not drop all the way down to release the ball so I had to get 2 magnets to free the ball. I sent an email about this to techsupport@jerseyjackpinball, no response for 2 days, sent them a follow-up email and still haven't heard back, it's been about 8 days now.

#647 6 years ago
Quoted from JerseyJen:

Please email me and I will get someone in touch asap - [email protected]

Jen, i'm glad to see I'm not the only person that does work-related stuff on Saturdays I have forwarded you the email that I sent about my trap door along with some info on the balls I got with my game.

Thanks for being on top of this and providing customer service on the weekend.

#649 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Which I've already responded to your email and here.
LTG : )

I didn't receive a reply email; checked my junk mail also. I did see you respond to the other guy having the same issue and I can try that.

#711 6 years ago
Quoted from Zavadoza:

I moved my basketball game to make room for my Dialed In LE delivery this morning.
The carrier decided to unbox part of it for me. Jack told me to send it back.

So sorry to see this ABF freight decided to start the unboxing process for me also. When it was wheeled up my sidewalk I could see the backbox decal, my heart sank. Somehow they didn't scratch the decal, but just punched a hole in the box. They also mashed in the back of the box, it smeared the warning label ink and put a couple small dents in the wood.

#725 6 years ago
Quoted from Mfsrc791:

Why the downvotes then on zavadoza?

I wasn't downvoting him or his post, but rather the freight company and the damage to his game, how disappointing. I cleared my downvote because I can see how it caused confusion. Nothing but best wishes for Zava, wonder if he got a replacement game or when he's supposed to?

#728 6 years ago
Quoted from pinghetto:

I just wanted to post and say how pleased I am with Jersey Jack Pinball support. I had a very minor blemish on my new Dialed In. One that I could have lived with and even told them so. I opened a ticket just so they knew it could possibly happen with other games. I got a reply back immediately and they stated they would replace the part no questions asked. I am very impressed.
Kudos JJP team.
Brian

They are damn good! They (Lloyd and Jen) were responding to and giving me tech advice on a weekend last Saturday. Just another thing that sets JJP apart in my opinion.

1 week later
#748 6 years ago

I can say the balls suck they are sending out. They are supposed to be "mirror" polished. Only 1 of the 5 balls I got with the game were shiny. I contacted JJP, they sent out 4 more balls, they were a little better, but not like the mirror polish balls you buy from pinball life or one of the other parts places. Some of the balls they sent the 2nd time had light pitting starting, very small black spots that would turn into rust pretty quickly. I ran them through my tumbler for 24 hours and they polished up ok, but once again not like bought mirror polished balls. I just hand picked the best ones and threw them in the game.

#770 6 years ago

so I wonder what JJP plans to do for those that have chipping behind the post that is to the left of the sim card hole? This seems to be a potential issue since multiple cases have been reported. I will have to check mine when I get home tonight, hopefully it isn't chipped and I guess we are supposed to turn down the upper right flipper power to help prevent this from happening?

#772 6 years ago
Quoted from TVP:

Jack said in the past JJP are using marco balls and marcos balls suck.
The best you can buy are the oh so shiny but I don't see them on pinballlifes website.

that makes sense then if they are from Marco and if they suck.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
5,640 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Worcester, MA
$ 22.50
Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Sacramento, CA
$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Martinez, GA
7,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Salinas, CA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pindude80.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-assembly-line-set-up?tu=pindude80 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.