image (resized).jpeg
8 (resized).jpg
1 (resized).jpg
12 (resized).jpg
5 (resized).jpg
Title (resized).jpg
DSC00334 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

19 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #122 Pat Lawlor pic with first Dialed In off the line Posted by sevenrites (6 years ago)

Post #140 Production line pictures Posted by solarvalue (6 years ago)

Post #155 Background of News 8 used in Dialed In Posted by TheDude75 (6 years ago)

Post #159 More JJP News 8 Background Posted by check_switch_26 (6 years ago)

Post #205 Picture of Jack with playfields on the line Posted by solarvalue (6 years ago)

Post #237 Link to gameplay footage Posted by pbu (6 years ago)

Post #289 Link to how the machine appears when first unpacked Posted by magickeys (6 years ago)

Post #304 Lloyd's custom-signed Dialed In Posted by LTG (6 years ago)

Post #322 Dialed In Instruction and Price Card add-on frame pictures Posted by PinMonk (6 years ago)

Post #343 LE Certificate picture Posted by lapean111 (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider clg.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#120 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I think JJP confuses that, too. Jack keeps wanting it to be complete (finished), but they keep going back and refining. I'm not complaining.

Just hope they take the WOZ approach of refinement with the hobitt!

#124 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

After playing one for about 6 months, I'm of the opinion that there's not much they can do with The Hobbit. They're hamstrung by the playfield design and I'm sure they learned a lot. It's feature packed on the software side, but it's repetitive and generally not that much fun to play with a lot of "sameness" to the play.
Dialed In seems like a return to the WoZ format that was and is very successful (Jack is re-upping the WoZ license for 4 more years).

I think they can improve it. There has been a lot of discussion on the JJP forum about it with some really good suggestions. Unfortunately JJP has not been responding to say if anything will be happening or not. They are too focused on DI at this stage. I am worried they are becoming more stern like and just focusing on hyping the new title and and forgetting about the old. I get they need to do that to keep the money coming in but I but TH thinking it would get WOZ like code support. Looks like a mistake on my part. Note to self: never by any NIB until I am 100% satisfied with the code!

4 weeks later
#271 6 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

So what was the timeframe this time from announcement to first pin delivery? I have a feeling JJP did this in record time? Correct?

They announced at expo last year, said they would ship in Q2 and are now shipping in Q2.

3 weeks later
#754 6 years ago

It is there. Look higher up.

#776 6 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

If u put Mylar there and decide to take it up when the Cliffy is ready, will that mess up the playfield?

I would not personally put mylar down unless I was planning on leaving it. It is a pain to remove.

#827 6 years ago
Quoted from TVP:

Pinballlife oh so shiney are the best balls and are ok with magnets. The silverjet premiums from not good with magnets.

I have to agree on "OK with magnets" I have had problems with these getting magnetised before after a while when the balls still look good.

#829 6 years ago
Quoted from merccat:

Thanks! Been wondering if there was a shiny option available that played nice with magnets. Will watch for them.

Well hrrmm... maybe not then? Guess I may have to get one set as a test. Last time I tried shiney balls (silverjets) they were great for 50-100 plays but after that started causing hangups, trough jams and other issues in WOZ.

They are way better than silver jets but will get magnetised. I have had a couple where it happened very quickly and others fine for a long time.

1 month later
#1343 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Weird thing is I put invisiglass on mine and I can't tell much of a diff'rence really.

Lighting can make a big difference. Not very noticeable at all in my gameroom.

1 month later
#1429 6 years ago

Mine is currently passing through the panama canal. Should be here in about 3 weeks!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider clg.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-assembly-line-set-up?tu=clg and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.