image (resized).jpeg
8 (resized).jpg
1 (resized).jpg
12 (resized).jpg
5 (resized).jpg
Title (resized).jpg
DSC00334 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

19 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 1,489 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 30.
#351 6 years ago
Quoted from FlipperFreak:

They certainly have! Nitro has already started delivering....

That middle machine is about to get VERY lonely.

Also, instead of anymore Hitler videos. How about a new trend? Videos of Gary Stern getting pissed off at the quality, depth of code, and innovation of JJP Pinball machines.

#352 6 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

That middle machine is about to get VERY lonely.

Nah, one game takes 45 minutes.

#353 6 years ago
Quoted from FlipperFreak:

They certainly have! Nitro has already started delivering....

Man, that's a beautiful row of games. All 3 are awesome in their own way.

#354 6 years ago

So what kind of ball times does DI have compared to the other two jjp games? Is it short enough for league play?

#355 6 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

So what kind of ball times does DI have compared to the other two jjp games? Is it short enough for league play?

Keep the outlanes where they are, factory settings with no ball save it's perfect for league play.

#356 6 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

Similar to woz but straight outta the box DI gives a lot of extra balls for points. I turned that off and opened right out lane.
I'd say fine for league like that

#357 6 years ago

JJP has really raised the bar! For me, it's JJP from this point out!

Too many deliberate nasty NIB surprises with Stern have scared me away indefinitely!

#358 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Here's the right apron area with and without the price card holder. The left side with the instruction card is the same way. If you remove the holder on both sides, you can have an apron that's all art.

That is super fucking cool!!!!

#359 6 years ago

Anyone here get the playfield protector?
Does it slow down the ball any?

#360 6 years ago

I don't have one on my DI, but in general, they slow the ball down, and make it react very strangely. The protectors also tend to get very dirty under the edges.

#361 6 years ago

Does anyone know what the 4 RGBs near the lockdown bar are for?

#362 6 years ago
Quoted from lapean111:

Does anyone know what the 4 RGBs near the lockdown bar are for?

I'm assuming addition lighting for the camera in selfie mode, but I've been too busy to notice them while playing.

#363 6 years ago

Received my game last week, set it up last night, played a few games...

This game is crazy. So much going on, to shoot for, things to do. I played a proto at the NW Pinball show in June, and I walked away thinking it was good but not great. I don't know what the differences are, but this game is on another level. I think Pat and Jack have taken a step forward for pinball with this game.

1 question: my QED guy keeps dropping his lightning bolt. I finally put a dab of glue to tighten his grip, which was pretty nonexistent out of the box. Anyone else have this problem? Otherwise no problems. Loving this game!

file-5.jpegfile-5.jpeg

#364 6 years ago

Just noticed this today on my DILE with only 21 games played.

unnamed (resized).jpgunnamed (resized).jpg

#365 6 years ago
Quoted from Ed209:

Looks like you had a bad CC there,and it chipped out the art at the same time.
I don't think a Cliffy would even cover that one up.
When they are available.
Put a piece of mylar over it.
Stop the spreading of the chip.

#366 6 years ago
Quoted from Ed209:

Uh, oh.

We had a small (3mm) random piece of clear something loose on the playfield the other day, but couldn't figure out where it came from.

#367 6 years ago
Quoted from Ed209:

I would contact Jack as soon as u can. See what they can do.

#368 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Uh, oh.
We had a small (3mm) random piece of clear something loose on the playfield the other day, but couldn't figure out where it came from.

How is that possible? I thought only garbage Stern had issues?

Shocking

#369 6 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

I would contact Jack as soon as u can. See what they can do.

Already sent an email. I'm guessing this would be covered under the 30 day limited warranty?

#370 6 years ago

With the way the clear is this day in age any scoop, edge or hole on tne playfield sld be protected sonehow no matter what brand the game is......cliffy or mantis for sure.

#371 6 years ago
Quoted from Ed209:

Already sent an email. I'm guessing this would be covered under the 30 day limited warranty?

Should be covered under 1 yr warranty

PF swap coming

#372 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

With the way the clear is this day in age any scoop, edge or hole on tne playfield sld be protected sonehow no matter what brand the game is......cliffy or mantis for sure.

I install cliffy's and plasatic protectors as soon as they become available. Emailed Cliffy right after I noticed the chip but he still needs access to a DI before he can design the protectors. This chip is so big I don't think a Cliffy would cover it.

#373 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

How is that possible? I thought only garbage Stern had issues?
Shocking

oh god man, give it rest. How many times are you going to white knight for stern around here...

#374 6 years ago
Quoted from Ed209:

I install cliffy's and plasatic protectors as soon as they become available. Emailed Cliffy right after I noticed the chip but he still needs to get a hold of a DI before he can design the protectors. This chip is so big I don't think a Cliffy would cover it.

Hey at least its a hidden area?

#375 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Hey at least its a hidden area?

For now. I was one of the lucky ones who also had issues with their GBLE playfield. Damage due to bad clear starts small but just spreads like wildfire the more you play.

#376 6 years ago
Quoted from Procrastinator:

oh god man, give it rest. How many times are you going to white knight for stern around here...

This is about JJP pf's chipping after 21 plays and pieces of CC floating around the PF.

If its a crap clear job its going to happen in other places. Remember all the GB pf hate? Let's see what JJP does here to fix it.

Have they addressed the magnet wear? Has NOTHING to do with Stern does it?

#377 6 years ago

Theres a good many other di production models in the hands of pinsiders with alot more plays..... any other issues observed on those? This new thick clearcoat at any rdge is prone to chipping on any pin no matter the company imo. Mantis or cliffy style protectors sld be installed anywhere this can happen ftom the factory imo as its rather cheap and easy .

#378 6 years ago

Spoke too soon. The playfield has also chipped at the SIM card drop on the Dialed In here. It's on the opposite side from the one shown in the post above, and about half the size, but it's definitely chipped off.

SIM-chip_800x600 (resized).jpgSIM-chip_800x600 (resized).jpg

#379 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

This is about JJP pf's chipping after 21 plays and pieces of CC floating around the PF.
If its a crap clear job its going to happen in other places. Remember all the GB pf hate? Let's see what JJP does here to fix it.
Have they addressed the magnet wear? Has NOTHING to do with Stern does it?

If it's an issue I hope they genuinely address it, not ignore emails and calls to the point people get the state attorney general involved like stern had to.

#380 6 years ago

I have a LE #144 w / no issues w/ the clear. I have about 150 plays..

#381 6 years ago
Quoted from Procrastinator:

If it's an issue I hope they genuinely address it, not ignore emails and calls to the point people get the state attorney general involved.

JJP support has always been awesome when I've had an issue as long as I called or emailed. However, their online support portal was always a disaster/black hole.

I have no doubt this support issue won't be handled any differently, but it is concerning for the integrity of all the PFs that have yet to be populated and delivered. What's Mirco doing? Are these digitally printed (bad adhesion) and cleared rather than screened (superior adhesion) and cleared? Or are these just not cured enough?

#382 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

JJP support has always been awesome when I've had an issue as long as I called or emailed. However, their online support portal was always a disaster/black hole.
I have no doubt this support issue won't be handled any differently, but it is concerning for the integrity of all the PFs that have yet to be populated and delivered. What's Mirco doing? Are these digitally printed and cleared rather than screened and cleared? Or are these just not cured enough?

I agree. I know this sucks but they will make it right. If this is a play field issue, the production my stop until the issue is resolved but i think that's worse case.. JJP has always helped me in regards to my Hobbit and WOZ. No different w/ DI.

#383 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

chipped at the SIM card drop

That looks like a Cliffy opportunity.

#384 6 years ago

Aside from the few issues, is the game fun or what? I'm still contemplating. Thanks for any reviews in advance!

#385 6 years ago

A high speed steel ball that knock a soft wood corner with a solid thin layer of clear will break for sure, nothing can prevent that unless the clear is a lot more thicker and softer but that kind of clear can cost a lot more and make more ''dimpling''
Must install a metal protection where it needed to avoid those chips in my opinion.

#386 6 years ago
Quoted from Strummy:

Aside from the few issues, is the game fun or what? I'm still contemplating. Thanks for any reviews in advance!

Absolutely fun. Shoots like a dream, too. There are so many goofy and cool details to the game that just up the fun factor. Highly recommended.

Does anyone else think the music at the bonus screen sounds very much like some of the music in another Keith game, Wheel of Fortune? It's extremely reminiscent, if not the same. I need to go back and compare.

#387 6 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

That looks like a Cliffy opportunity.

He needs a playfield or game first. I suggested to Jack that he should send Cliff one during our email exchange. Hopefully he takes the advice and we see Cliffy protectors soonish. I'd be fine with just covering this chip up with one.

#388 6 years ago

i am wondering, why there are no "cliffys" factory installed. ( Stern is included here.. )
These problems are no new problems.

#389 6 years ago
Quoted from fuko:

Received my game last week, set it up last night, played a few games...
This game is crazy. So much going on, to shoot for, things to do. I played a proto at the NW Pinball show in June, and I walked away thinking it was good but not great. I don't know what the differences are, but this game is on another level. I think Pat and Jack have taken a step forward for pinball with this game.
1 question: my QED guy keeps dropping his lightning bolt. I finally put a dab of glue to tighten his grip, which was pretty nonexistent out of the box. Anyone else have this problem? Otherwise no problems. Loving this game!

My lightning bolt fell out and broke when I was setting up the game
JP notified and new piece on the way

#390 6 years ago
Quoted from master_of_chaos:

i am wondering, why there are no "cliffys" factory installed. ( Stern is included here.. )
These problems are no new problems.

Stern has put "Cliffy" type protectors on Aerosmith and I think also on GhostBusters.

#391 6 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

Stern has put "Cliffy" type protectors on Aerosmith and I think also on GhostBusters.

They are on mine.

Have both. Great quality.

#392 6 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

And given Cliff no credit or compensation.

#393 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

And given Cliff no credit or compensation.

For what? Metal in a scoop? Well lets just not do anything at the factory?

#394 6 years ago

JJP has worked with me in the past on issues on my NIB Hobbit. I didn't have any playfield chipping, but for the issues I had they were great, responsive and made sure that I was happy. These things happen. Pinball is inherently self-damaging and they can only do so much to test each of these hand made machines. Don't worry - they will make it right. JJP is one of the most customer centric companies out there. They could be mass producing these and jamming them out of the door, but one of the reasons that they are ramping up so slowly is because they are testing each machine and watching to see what happens as these start to go into use in different environments. They are taking their time and making adjustments as necessary. Don't worry - they will make it right. They are changing the industry. Look at the difference in build quality and construction materials alone. How heavy is DI? Compare that with a standard size Stern. And vowing to no longer ship games with incomplete code - lets hope that all pin manufacturers follow suit. Don't get me wrong - I am not knocking Stern. I have had several Sterns and love them, but being essentially the only game in town can make a manufacturer myopic. JJP is a fresh player in the industry and are striving to set new standards based on our input and Jack's love of pinball.

#395 6 years ago

I applaud Stern for putting protectors in there where needed. They are listening to us and watching other manufacturers and their eyes are opening and they are starting to upgrade the quality of their products. The bar is being raised folks. Let's hope that the manufacturers start a "quality" war and keep trying to better each other. Stern can afford to add these things due to their economy of scale. The prices have risen enough for them to be able to step up without having to raise them any more. In my opinion they have a lot of catching up to do if they are going to match the innovation that JJP has been demonstrating.

#396 6 years ago
Quoted from RandomGuyOffCL:

Anyone here get the playfield protector?
Does it slow down the ball any?

I got it. It does not slow the ball down "at all." I was a little aggravated for about 3-5 minutes when we had to take the plastic off of the playfield protector and then the upper right flipper got stuck on it. However, after we positioned the pf protector the game plays just as smoothly as it would without it. Seeing the old school locks for multi-ball like CV, and the balls just trickling one by one onto the playfield. I'm sure glad I did. Any of those on the fence, my advice is to get it. I don't like pf protectors but on this one it makes total sense and doesn't detract from the game one iota.

Looked at my Sim Card hole and so far so good with the playfield protector. Not saying the pf protector is bullet proof but very glad I got it.

#397 6 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

I got it. It does not slow the ball down "at all." I was a little aggravated for about 3-5 minutes when we had to take the plastic off of the playfield protector and then the upper right flipper got stuck on it. However, after we positioned the pf protector the game plays just as smoothly as it would without it. Seeing the old school locks for multi-ball like CV, and the balls just trickling one by one onto the playfield. I'm sure glad I did. Any of those on the fence, my advice is to get it. I don't like pf protectors but on this one it makes total sense and doesn't detract from the game one iota.
Looked at my Sim Card hole and so far so good with the playfield protector. Not saying the pf protector is bullet proof but very glad I got it.

ok, thanks...you approve, lapean disapproves basically...but you actually have one.

Think the pf protector would help with this chipping playfield thing?

Had my finger on the trigger for DILE, but now it's wait and see...My 15 year old (at the time) diamond plate fish tales with 1000's of plays was flawless...chipping pf on DILE with a dozen plays...unacceptable!

#398 6 years ago

ok, thanks...you approve, lapean disapproves basically...but you actually have one.
Think the pf protector would help with this chipping playfield thing?
Had my finger on the trigger for DILE, but now it's wait and see...My 15 year old (at the time) diamond plate fish tales with 1000's of plays was flawless...chipping pf on DILE with a dozen plays...unacceptable!

I don't get the whole PF protector thing. You shouldn't need one

Pins are meant to be played

If you wear one out in your lifetime, which ain't gonna happen, replace it with a brand new one

#399 6 years ago

You're right...we shouldn't, which is why I brought up fish tales.

What the heck was "diamond plate" anyways?

And why can't we have it today on an almost $10k pin 25 years later?

#400 6 years ago

You're right...we shouldn't, which is why I brought up fish tales.
What the heck was "diamond plate" anyways?
And why can't we have it today on an almost $10k pin 25 years later?

Clearcoat formula has changed do to epa . Its pretty thick and brittle at edges the last 3-4 years or so.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Flipper Parts
FlipMods

$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

7,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Salinas, CA
Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

$ 22.50
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Martinez, GA
9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Erie, CO
5,640 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Worcester, MA
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 1,489 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 30.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-assembly-line-set-up/page/8 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.