image (resized).jpeg
8 (resized).jpg
1 (resized).jpg
12 (resized).jpg
5 (resized).jpg
Title (resized).jpg
DSC00334 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

19 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 1,489 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 30.
#301 6 years ago

That link is currently a blank page for me. Same if I try to get to it through the JJP website. Must be updating it.

#302 6 years ago

Capture (resized).JPGCapture (resized).JPG

#303 6 years ago

Funny thing is I was given a delivery window pf 10-6....I had to be onstage at 2pm in DC, so I had some buddies come over to cover the window of 1:15-4:30 that I couldn't be there. Of course as I was pulling out of the driveway, here comes the truck! So we parked it in the garage until I could return several hours later to set it up!

Quoted from crlush:Looks like you couldn't drag it inside fast enough, almost thought you were going to open it and play it in the street.

#304 6 years ago

My Dialed In. With some of the people who make Jersey Jack Pinball Great !

LTG : )

backDI (resized).JPGbackDI (resized).JPG

#305 6 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

I agree with this. The SW pro however looks so bland though. I am also considering an AS pro for much less money. I really like the game, but am concerned about the lastability and if it would hold my interest. Jjp games are definitely my preference in all aspects.

No doubt about it. Stern is getting some amazing licenses but JJP just leaves them in the dust with innovative layouts, deep code, quality control checks and build materials.

JJP said on a podcast he thought he'd sell 2k DIs. My guess is 3,000, this game is going to keep growing in popularity through word of mouth. Good to see them rolling out of the factory so quickly, all manufacturing capacity concerns of the past have been left in the past.

#306 6 years ago

I sent my final payment on LE #2021 yesterday for delivery early this week. This is my first NIB and I can't remember being this excited about anything in along time. Thank you Jack, Pat, and the rest of the design team for all the hard work and innovation. I'm hoping to catch up with some of the folks that made DI possible at Pintastic in a couple of weeks.

#307 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

That's a forever keeper!

#308 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Amazing! That's a treasure for sure. Did you get an LE Lloyd?

#309 6 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Did you get an LE Lloyd?

Yes.

#310 6 years ago

Lloyd Edition

#311 6 years ago

Congrats Lloyd, you deserve it. Best of the best.

#312 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Congrats Lloyd, you deserve it. Best of the best.

One thing for sure. The people that signed it, mean more to me than any game.

#313 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

One thing for sure. The people that signed it, mean more to me than any game.

Feel free to send me the game. I'll preserve the signatures and send them back to you ...

#314 6 years ago

Does anyone know the box dimensions for Dialed In?

#315 6 years ago
Quoted from Cloud7:

Does anyone know the box dimensions for Dialed In?

Previously mentioned in a post that there is an online operators guide , should be mentioned there!

#316 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

You definitely deserve it Lloyd, enjoy the game!

#317 6 years ago

Seems like they were building sooner than we knew. We just got in LE #303, which has a "BORN ON" date of 5/17/17.

Initial awesome things:
- Real lockdown bar
- Power switch in the traditional place
- FACTORY WHITE RUBBER!
- Star posts on bottom of slings
- Metal powdercoated price card holder add-on with shiny holo price cards
- Magnet in the theatre I didn't notice at PAGG
- Plays smoother than the PAGG demo machine. Just FEELS great.
- Like WoZ, the light show is impressive. Beautiful machine just to look at.
- Kickback guide has a pretty short, sharp angle and can trap balls going through flippers hard and stopping on the left. Ball save will kick it back into play with the kickback coil. I'm calling this a weird feature. I like.

Not so awesome:
- Bug? With statue diverter. If the switch doesn't know the position of the arm (I had to adjust it as it wasn't every closing when the arm came down), you can't CLEAR the error by testing the statue diverter to demonstrate it works. It will stay listed as "malfunction detected" and disabled in the game until you reboot the machine.
- Nylon washers not included for leg bolts to keep from chewing up the powdercoating on the legs when bolts are tightened. This should be a standard include on LE and CEs. Had to run to hardware store as I didn't have 8 on hand.

#318 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Needs adjusting?
- Kickback guide has a pretty short, sharp angle and can trap balls. Happened to me twice when the ball fed out backwards from the flippers to the left outlane. Ball just jammed. Had to tilt to get it free.

What did you do to adjust it? I believe magickeys also mentioned a problem with pinballs settling into the kick back and not being freed till the ball search went off.

#319 6 years ago
Quoted from thatdangguy:

What did you do to adjust it? I believe magickeys also mentioned a problem with pinballs settling into the kick back and not being freed till the ball search went off.

I haven't adjusted it yet, but looking at it, it seems like it just needs to be angled out another 10 degrees or so to act more as the intended guide and not a shelf. The angle right now is just a little too sharp at the end.

EDIT: It's happened twice more again, and every time, it's a ball going backwards through the flippers to the left and stopping on the shelf. It's actually kind of a nice thing since you get your ball back once the ball search kicks in. I'm counting it as a feature now.

#320 6 years ago
Quoted from thatdangguy:

I didn't think it was a problem at all, just an unexpected feature of the game. I like it.

#321 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Metal powdercoated price card holder add-on with shiny holo price cards

On the apron? Not sure I understand what you mean by this. Photo perhaps?

#322 6 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

On the apron? Not sure I understand what you mean by this. Photo perhaps?

Here's the right apron area with and without the price card holder. The left side with the instruction card is the same way. If you remove the holder on both sides, you can have an apron that's all art.

right_apron_exposed (resized).jpgright_apron_exposed (resized).jpg

right_apron_covered (resized).jpgright_apron_covered (resized).jpg

#323 6 years ago

I received DI LE #2021 last night with a born on date of 6/16/2017. I thought I would relay some of my initial thoughts. Please keep in mind I'm an average player at best and this is my first NIB. I'm normally pulling a machine out of some dark basement with rickety stairs that can barely support my weight let alone a pinball machine where my initial impression has to do with how many replacement parts I'll need to order before getting the machine in working order. I had invited over a few friends that have unboxed NIB machines from other manufacturers to give me their thoughts and to be honest so for once they could drool over one of my machines. Also, I apologize for the lack of pictures, I just haven't had a chance to upload them yet.

I'm a person who is big on customer service. For me, little things mean a lot, those things that indicate that you're more than just a pile of cash, but your a valued customer such as hotels where the desk clear refers to you by name rather than "hey you". The first thing I liked was the unboxing instructions taped right on the outside of the box. A small thing, but both my friends commented that they would have appreciated that on their machines as it represents that little bit of effort to make sure you have a good experience. Upon opening the top right there on the flap is the hand signed certificate with your machine number hand written. Again, a small thing, but something that says right up front that this is your machine and we're proud to have delivered it to you. They certainly could have just had a computer generate the numbered certificates, but filling them out by hand says something to me about the pride that JJP has in its product and your value as a customer.

The machine was well packaged and undamaged, not even a scratch on any of the powder coating. After all the discussion on cabinet joints going on at the moment I carefully looked at the joints and found them to be of excellent construction. Upon unboxing the born on date and Jersey Jack's signature are hand written on the back box along with the nicely crafted Limited Edition numbered plaque on the front. Again, those small details that add up to a good experience. The legs were carefully wrapped and the remaining accessories individually encased in plastic bags within the coin box. These included the holder for the pricing card, the holographic shiny pricing cards, the tilt bob, optional camera cover, key fobs, etc. That brings me to the next thing I appreciated. The inside bottom of the cabinet is finished and varnished. None of my B/W machines had any finishing of the inside of the cabinet so I was favorably impressed by this attention to detail. There was a predominant flyer taped to the glass that indicated the printed manuals were on backorder and would be shipped immediately upon receipt. While it would have been nice to have the manual with the game I appreciated the upfront disclosure with the plan of action to remedy and the invitation to call the tech line or contact Jack directly with any issues or questions. I work for an engineering/manufacturing company and sometimes unforeseen issues arise. The way you handle those issues speaks a lot about your company and its integrity.

The friends I had with me who have recently received NIB games from other manufacturers were very impressed with the unboxing experience of DI and the attention to detail that JJP has. Personally, being my first NIB I was thrilled and impressed.

After setup, we fired up the game and started playing. Our group included my two daughters 10 and 12, my wife and I as well as our friends with the adults all being in their 40s. We all had a blast playing the game. A few things of note. Everyone agreed that the full compliment of RGB LEDs really helped make the game approachable. For example, when in the eruption disaster the inserts change color from red to orange and back like lava for the shots to hit. Plus the callouts, although perhaps not as animated as some folks would like, are very informative on which shots the machine wants you to hit. Everyone universally loved the theatre and the images including the spider spinner. My two daughters liked the game a lot and managed scores in the 300,00 to 400,00 range without knowing anything about the shots or strategy. My wife, who usually I have to bribe to play pinball came back for multiple games. I managed a little over 1.2M, a far cry from what crazylevi was able to achieve. We all agreed that the games various shots are readily achievable and the shots are honest. By that I mean that the machine doesn't seem to unfairly punish you like some games. The only complaint I had was a couple of times after the ball was captured inside the threatre by the magnet, the ball was released SDTM and a couple of times the magnets threw the ball directly into the left outlane. Other than that my drains were the result of bad play on my part not some aspect of the design. The only other complaint I have is with myself. There is so much detail being presented on the large backbox screen that I couldn't appreciate when playing as I couldn't look up without draining the ball. There are so many interesting detailed programmed into the backbox display from the buildings in the shape of the pop bumpers that move when you're in the jets to the airplanes towing banners to the lights on the train station in the display that match what's going on down on the playfield. I really have to commend the software engineers that again had just an exceptional attention to detail.

I plead biased as I really like Mr. Youssi as an artist. I have a number of machines with his artwork including WW, WH20, and TZ. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder so my only comment on the art is I believe the colors are vibrant and clear and I see certainly no decline in the quality of what Mr. Youssi is able to do. Personally, I think he did a fabulous job, but as I indicated earlier I'm biased. I won't comment on theme as that is a total subjective thing, but I will say that we all agreed that the machine was very consistent and complete in terms of implementing the theme it was crafted with. Personally, I enjoy the music and background sounds, but then again I love jazz.

Overall, I couldn't be happier. Again a huge thank you to Jack, Pat, and the whole design team. My family and I are really enjoying your machine and appreciate all the little things you did on the machine and the way you treat your customers. We think the design is brilliant and it really is a blast to play. None of us are ever going to compete at PAPA so I'm not a good judge with respect to competitions, but as the father of two tweens, I saw more of the ever allusive smiles last night than I've seen in a while so thank you. For me that's a lot more valuable than any pinball trophy.

#324 6 years ago

DILE # 0085 in da house!! This game plays like butter and is built like a tank! I couldn't believe how heavy it was and how smooth everything feels such as the flippers and when the ball is kicked into the shooter lane it's very smooth and quiet unlike how Stern feels like a soup can full of rocks is being hit with a hammer, that was my comparison anyway. lol

I took the day off work to receive the game, unbox and enjoy it. As soon as I saw it get loaded onto the drop deck of the truck I saw a puncture in the box. He wheeled up to my door step and my heart about sank because I could see the side of the head decal. I looked on the other side and it was hit also. I cut large areas out of the box to inspect and the decals were fine, the warning font on the backbox was smudged and had some small impact dents in the wood, but I accepted it anyway. Sucks, but I guess nothing in life is perfect. Anyway set it up and was amazed with the game, a lot on it that I need to learn about.

If anyone is on the fence about this game I don't think you will be disappointed in it. After ordering I was feeling guilty about spending that much $ on a game, but I work hard for my money and once I played it I feel it was money well spent comparatively speaking to other NIB games out right now.

IMG_20170628_121530779 (resized).jpgIMG_20170628_121530779 (resized).jpg

IMG_20170628_123133899 (resized).jpgIMG_20170628_123133899 (resized).jpg

IMG_20170628_152010091 (resized).jpgIMG_20170628_152010091 (resized).jpg

IMG_20170628_153217212 (resized).jpgIMG_20170628_153217212 (resized).jpg

IMG_20170628_153207056 (resized).jpgIMG_20170628_153207056 (resized).jpg

IMG_20170628_154417261 (resized).jpgIMG_20170628_154417261 (resized).jpg

IMG_20170628_154408050 (resized).jpgIMG_20170628_154408050 (resized).jpg

IMG_20170628_170310118 (resized).jpgIMG_20170628_170310118 (resized).jpg

#325 6 years ago
Quoted from pindude80:

DILE # 0085 in da house!! This game plays like butter and is built like a tank! I couldn't believe how heavy it was and how smooth everything feels such as the flippers and when the ball is kicked into the shooter lane it's very smooth and quiet unlike how Stern feels like a soup can full of rocks is being hit with a hammer, that was my comparison anyway. lol
I took the day off work to receive the game, unbox and enjoy it. As soon as I saw it get loaded onto the drop deck of the truck I saw a puncture in the box. He wheeled up to my door step and my heart about sank because I could see the side of the head decal. I looked on the other side and it was hit also. I cut large areas out of the box to inspect and the decals were fine, the warning font on the backbox was smudged and had some small impact dents in the wood, but I accepted it anyway. Sucks, but I guess nothing in life is perfect. Anyway set it up and was amazed with the game, a lot on it that I need to learn about.
If anyone is on the fence about this game I don't think you will be disappointed in it. After ordering I was feeling guilty about spending that much $ on a game, but I work hard for my money and once I played it I feel it was money well spent comparatively speaking to other NIB games out right now.

You didn't get the 11x17" "Quick Start" poster? It was taped below where the 4 sheets are on your playfield glass with the 4 sheets on top of it. We didn't get the "servicing the monitor" paper taped to your head.

#326 6 years ago

LE 0029

IMG_3789 (resized).JPGIMG_3789 (resized).JPG

IMG_3790 (resized).JPGIMG_3790 (resized).JPG

IMG_3792 (resized).JPGIMG_3792 (resized).JPG

IMG_3793 (resized).JPGIMG_3793 (resized).JPG

IMG_3794 (resized).JPGIMG_3794 (resized).JPG

IMG_3799 (resized).JPGIMG_3799 (resized).JPG

#327 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Here's the right apron area with and without the price card holder. The left side with the instruction card is the same way. If you remove the holder on both sides, you can have an apron that's all art.

In the day and age where Stern is trying to figure out how to save $5 and not caring if it inconveniences the pinball owner, you see something like this from JJP and it sure is refreshing!

#328 6 years ago

Better put that damn GBLE on the right of DILE or have fun turning on the switch!!

#329 6 years ago
Quoted from Khabbi:

In the day and age where Stern is trying to figure out how to save $5 and not caring if it inconveniences the pinball owner, you see something like this from JJP and it sure is refreshing!

I was surprised (since I hadn't seen it mentioned anywhere) and very pleased with the innovation. Their solution works for home and location beautifully.

#330 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

You didn't get the 11x17" "Quick Start" poster? It was taped below where the 4 sheets are on your playfield glass with the 4 sheets on top of it. We didn't get the "servicing the monitor" paper taped to your head.

I did get that, but can't remember where it was taped on the machine, my friend or I must have taken it off before the pictures was taken. I can take a closeup picture of the "servicing the monitor" procedure and post it here because there is a detailed procedure on how to do it.

#331 6 years ago

I was playing my DI more last night, of course, and forgot to mention how smooth the pop bumpers are when they go off. I bought a NIB game from the "world's largest pinball manufacturer" a few weeks ago and can say DI's pop bumpers are MUCH smoother and less clunky.

Also forgot to mention that my DI was born on 6-21-17 so it was exactly one week old when it made it to my house

#332 6 years ago

#86 just delivered! Will unbox later today!!

IMG_20170630_103559 (resized).jpgIMG_20170630_103559 (resized).jpg

IMG_20170630_103654 (resized).jpgIMG_20170630_103654 (resized).jpg

IMG_20170630_104200 (resized).jpgIMG_20170630_104200 (resized).jpg

#333 6 years ago

I love how quickly everyone is getting their games! Congrats!

#334 6 years ago
Quoted from lapean111:

#86 just delivered! Will unbox later today!!

Pretty interesting you have the game after mine; I have # 85, you live in MN and I'm in OH. Who did you order yours from? I got mine from Automated.

#335 6 years ago

Wow these are really flyin' out, huh?

#336 6 years ago
Quoted from pindude80:

Pretty interesting you have the game after mine; I have # 85, you live in MN and I'm in OH. Who did you order yours from? I got mine from Automated.

Mine is on it's way and shipped out Monday from Automated.

It's not likely to be here until next Wednesday or Thursday. I think they shipped mine via pack mule.

#337 6 years ago
Quoted from pindude80:

Mine is also from Automated.

#338 6 years ago
Quoted from pindude80:

I don't think the LE#s are coming in order because I was 51. Now my number is 70 something.

#339 6 years ago
Quoted from DeeGor:

Mine is on it's way and shipped out Monday from Automated.
It's not likely to be here until next Wednesday or Thursday. I think they shipped mine via pack mule.

Maybe I was a little surprised how quickly I got mine, it shipped out of JJP on Monday and I had it Weds. Don't worry, it's worth the wait!

#340 6 years ago
Quoted from Turtle:

I don't think the LE#s are coming in order because I was 51. Now my number is 70 something.

I think you are correct about this. I think someone posted they had a way higher number, maybe in the 300s. I wonder what is the reason behind this? Maybe people can request whatever number they want and if not they are going in order

#341 6 years ago
Quoted from pindude80:

I think you are correct about this. I think someone posted they had a way higher number, maybe in the 300s. I wonder what is the reason behind this? Maybe people can request whatever number they want and if not they are going in order

The machine numbers are disconnected from the serial numbers. They are shipping in serial number order, not machine number order. The one we got was #303.

#342 6 years ago

When are Collector's Editions being created and has JJ been clear on what they will contain above and beyond the LE?

#343 6 years ago

This game is so much fun.

IMG_20170630_123503 (resized).jpgIMG_20170630_123503 (resized).jpg

IMG_20170630_123538 (resized).jpgIMG_20170630_123538 (resized).jpg

IMG_20170630_124410 (resized).jpgIMG_20170630_124410 (resized).jpg

IMG_20170630_124642 (resized).jpgIMG_20170630_124642 (resized).jpg

IMG_20170630_130114 (resized).jpgIMG_20170630_130114 (resized).jpg

IMG_20170630_143217 (resized).jpgIMG_20170630_143217 (resized).jpg

#344 6 years ago
Quoted from pindude80:

Maybe I was a little surprised how quickly I got mine, it shipped out of JJP on Monday and I had it Weds. Don't worry, it's worth the wait!

I know it will be worth the wait, but it's difficult.

#345 6 years ago

Just got word my DI standard is shipping at the end of next week! Way earlier than expected, thanks to Chris @ Kingpin Games!

#346 6 years ago
Quoted from Leeb18509:

Just got word my DI standard is shipping at the end of next week! Way earlier than expected, thanks to Chris @ Kingpin Games!

Now we're talkin'...nice!

#347 6 years ago

Damn....jealous of all you bastards!! Patiently waiting on mine. Don't think any have landed in the Great White North yet!

#348 6 years ago
Quoted from DeeGor:

I know it will be worth the wait, but it's difficult.

I know your pain. I was about to quit looking at all of the production photos and unboxing pics/vids! About everytime it would be off my mind I would torture myself by opening this thread.
Having a small DI launch party at my house tomorrow night, anxious to see what other's say. Hopefully I can learn a little more of the rules before they come over.

#349 6 years ago
Quoted from lapean111:

This game is so much fun.

Congrats, looks like it will be right at home with the other 2 Lawlor games. I like the Jack and Coke in the pic, best way to play pinball is sipping on a drink in my opinion!

#350 6 years ago
Quoted from Bigbossfan:

Damn....jealous of all you bastards!! Patiently waiting on mine. Don't think any have landed in the Great White North yet!

They certainly have! Nitro has already started delivering....

DILE Delivery - Nitro Pinball (resized).jpgDILE Delivery - Nitro Pinball (resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

7,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Carlisle, PA
$ 22.50
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pittsburgh, PA
Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,489 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 30.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-assembly-line-set-up/page/7?hl=turtle and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.