image (resized).jpeg
8 (resized).jpg
1 (resized).jpg
12 (resized).jpg
5 (resized).jpg
Title (resized).jpg
DSC00334 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

19 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 1,489 posts in this topic. You are on page 29 of 30.
#1401 6 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

This is odd. Is it all of the rubber going bad or just the flipper rubber? White rubber looks yellowed when it is old, so I am wondering what the problem is here.

They are just "chewed up" on the right side of the theater and on the slings. I think the sling rubbers are too small and stretched too much and the updated the manual to say use 2.5 inches instead of 2 inches. The flippers still seem fine on mine and I do not plan to replace them yet. No yellowing on anything.

#1402 6 years ago
Quoted from tryton1000:

I think my trap door is completely broke When it activates, it bounces up and down. it seems like its not catching on the latch. I have tried adjusting it but something seems off.

Quoted from LTG:

Maybe this will help.
LTG : )

Yeah check out that pic. I had to bend the metal lip a good deal to get mine to work, so don't be afraid to get the pliers out.

Quoted from psexton:

They are just "chewed up" on the right side of the theater and on the slings. I think the sling rubbers are too small and stretched too much and the updated the manual to say use 2.5 inches instead of 2 inches.

Correct, 2.5" is pretty standard

#1403 6 years ago

The rubber on mine held up fine, changed it at 200 games to try Titans stuff. It's holding up good too. I haven't even had to rotate the flipper rubber yet after around 250 games. CRAZY!

#1404 6 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

This is odd. Is it all of the rubber going bad or just the flipper rubber? White rubber looks yellowed when it is old, so I am wondering what the problem is here.

It's not actual rubber (at least not on the early one we got), but some kind of translucent silicone-ish stuff that wears REALLY fast and breaks easily. I replaced it with real, awesome white rubber from Marco Specialties within the first 100 plays.

#1405 6 years ago

it's fixed, had to rotate the mech alittle.. all good

#1406 6 years ago
Quoted from psexton:

They are just "chewed up" on the right side of the theater and on the slings. I think the sling rubbers are too small and stretched too much and the updated the manual to say use 2.5 inches instead of 2 inches. The flippers still seem fine on mine and I do not plan to replace them yet. No yellowing on anything.

Yeah, I thought it was really weird they had 2" rubber on the slings. I changed to 2 1/2" when I put the marco rubber on.

#1407 6 years ago
Quoted from psexton:

I have to get new rubber as well. Are you thinking of going translucent because it might look better or because you think it will hold up better? This is my first game so I have no idea what color or what brand of rubber to buy.

I don't think that the white looks bad but I do like translucent as it can add to lighting effects on the playfield. It also seems more durable and can clean up easily. Whatever rubber was used on my particular pin was really bad out of the box. Maybe it was just a bad batch?

All that said I'm so surprised with how much I'm enjoying this game. I told myself last year at Chicago Expo that I would never buy Dialed In because of the theme. I'm glad I didn't follow through on that because I would have missed out on one of the most fun pins I've ever played.

#1408 6 years ago

OK. Finally getting around to uploading the unboxing and stuff. I'm really impressed that JJP is listening to us and has included the leg and SIM protectors. And of course I'm quite impressed with the overall quality of manufacture. The bottom of the game is very high quality laminate, the swingarm for the LCD as well as manly other features. Love JerseyJack Pinball!

IMG_3370 (resized).JPGIMG_3370 (resized).JPG
IMG_3314 (resized).JPGIMG_3314 (resized).JPG
IMG_3312 (resized).JPGIMG_3312 (resized).JPG
IMG_3318 (resized).JPGIMG_3318 (resized).JPG
IMG_3319 (resized).JPGIMG_3319 (resized).JPG
IMG_3315 (resized).JPGIMG_3315 (resized).JPG
IMG_3323 (resized).JPGIMG_3323 (resized).JPG
IMG_3365 (resized).JPGIMG_3365 (resized).JPG
IMG_3354 (resized).JPGIMG_3354 (resized).JPG

#1409 6 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

OK. Finally getting around to uploading the unblocking and stuff. I'm really impressed that JJP is listening to us and has included the leg and SIM protectors. And of course I'm quite impressed with the overall quality of manufacture. The bottom of the game is very high quality laminate, the swingarm for the LCD as well as manly other features.

Their build quality meets and in some cases exceeds Bally/Williams era stuff. Unboxing a JJP pin is always fun, but requires a helper because they're so heavy!

#1410 6 years ago

Trap Door issue resolved.. So I kept having the issue of my trap door opening and not staying open. It would keep cycling. What was happening is the little device that holds the magnet and arm was turning. I would readjust, make sure it was tight, play afew games and would happen again. The brass screw and lock nut was not keeping it from rotating. What I did to resolve the issue is to put a little piece of weather stripping on the other side of that screw. Now it's solid! To me, there should of been another screw or a piece of rubber to make it tight. Hope this helps someone.

#1411 6 years ago

td (resized).jpgtd (resized).jpg

#1412 6 years ago

Here is where I put the weather stripping, right in between. the magnet and housing, circled in red.

TD1 (resized).jpgTD1 (resized).jpg

#1413 6 years ago

Is the back of the head is supposed to be signed by Jersey Jack? I've seen pics with his signature on the back of the backbox but it's not on my LE (build date 8/7/17). Just curious.

#1414 6 years ago
Quoted from stpcore:

Is the back of the head is supposed to be signed by Jersey Jack? I've seen pics with his signature on the back of the backbox but it's not on my LE (build date 8/7/17). Just curious.

Jack says that he signs every one he can. But if he's not there, he doesn't make us wait for our pins by holding up shipping waiting for him to sign them. So I guess that the unsigned ones are the real collector's items!

#1415 6 years ago

I'm having issues with the first switch on the left ramp, if the ball is going fast it will hit the switch and jump up, sometimes down onto the playfield. Does anyone have a picture of a good working switch?

#1416 6 years ago
Quoted from Pale_Purple:

Does anyone have a picture of a good working switch?

DSC00330 (resized).JPGDSC00330 (resized).JPG

DSC00331 (resized).JPGDSC00331 (resized).JPG

#1417 6 years ago

Thank you, I should have said I meant the first switch when the ramp transitions from plastic to metal, right in front of Betty.

#1418 6 years ago
Quoted from Pale_Purple:

I should have said I meant the first switch when the ramp transitions from plastic to metal, right in front of Betty.

DSC00334 (resized).JPGDSC00334 (resized).JPG

#1419 6 years ago
Quoted from Pale_Purple:

I'm having issues with the first switch on the left ramp, if the ball is going fast it will hit the switch and jump up, sometimes down onto the playfield. Does anyone have a picture of a good working switch?

On mine, the switch blade (on that one, and on the two others like it) all seemed to be below the center of the ball, causing jump-offs. I bent all three of them so they hit at the _center_ of the ball; end of problems.

1 week later
#1420 6 years ago

In this video, I install four Cliffy’s Pinball Protectors on a Jersey Jack Dialed In. The protectors consist of the Sim Card scoop, Cell Phone scoop, Skill Shot, and the Shooter Lane protectors. The whole process took about one hour to accomplish.

Blog Post :
https://pinballsupernova.wordpress.com/2017/09/17/cliffys-pinball-protectors-full-install-on-jersey-jacks-dialed-in/

YouTube Post :

Title (resized).jpgTitle (resized).jpg

5 (resized).jpg5 (resized).jpg

12 (resized).jpg12 (resized).jpg

1 (resized).jpg1 (resized).jpg

8 (resized).jpg8 (resized).jpg

1 week later
#1421 6 years ago

I was supposed to get my dialed in today but I'm told that there are still running collector editions so it's going to be another couple of weeks I guess...

#1422 6 years ago
Quoted from Butch2099:

I was supposed to get my dialed in today but I'm told that there are still running collector editions so it's going to be another couple of weeks I guess...

The wait is tough, but with each run, they seem to find something small to tweak and improve. I managed to get a game that's had zero issues, so it was worth the extra wait.

#1423 6 years ago
Quoted from Butch2099:

I was told I'd be getting mine next week... Guess that might not be the case

#1424 6 years ago

I'm told mine is shipping Friday. Probably won't get it before Expo.

#1425 6 years ago

My call came today, it ships Monday.

#1426 6 years ago

I’m getting antsy.... kinda glad I waited but now I’m thinking my next jjp title I’m getting at launch!

#1427 6 years ago
Quoted from Zampinator:

My call came today, it ships Monday.

Congrats! Which version? LE? Curious to hear what's being produced right now...

#1428 6 years ago
Quoted from andre060:

CEs are finishing, LE's and standards are resuming.

#1429 6 years ago

Mine is currently passing through the panama canal. Should be here in about 3 weeks!

#1430 6 years ago

I've been told by my distributor that my LE should ship next week.

#1431 6 years ago

DI LE now in the house and running great.
Loving the Pin!

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#1432 6 years ago

Awesome lineup JMK! Enjoy that DI!

#1433 6 years ago

Thanks Tryton- first JJP and really digging the gameplay.

#1434 6 years ago
Quoted from JMK:

Thanks Tryton- first JJP and really digging the gameplay.

Looking to get one.....did your game come with both protectors installed at factory ?

#1435 6 years ago

Walking dead looks tiny - maybe I’m drunk

#1436 6 years ago
Quoted from mountaingamer:

Walking dead looks tiny - maybe I’m drunk

Star Wars and Dialed In! are pulled out in front of the other machines. took me a second to figure out what was going on too.

great line up.

#1437 6 years ago

Yeah, to fit 5 pins on the wall, I had to stagger them.
True, in the pic, it makes the Walking Dead look much smaller in appearance.

MTP78, The SIM card hole has a protector installed but not the phone scoop.

Our fam is really enjoying Dialed In. Yes, no doubt the build quality is very good; but it's also such a blast to play.

#1438 6 years ago

Maybe you guys can help me decide. I ordered Cliffys for my DI. I just received JJP's sim card and phone scoop protectors.. Should I put those on or wait for the Cliffys?

#1439 6 years ago

Tryton, on my example, I think the JJP SIM card scoop protector seems to properly cover the area and does not disrupt the ball from successfully dropping into the hole.

My phone scoop doesn't appear to have a protector unless it's the Kerry Stair type of protector installed inside the scoop.

#1440 6 years ago
Quoted from tryton1000:

Maybe you guys can help me decide. I ordered Cliffys for my DI. I just received JJP's sim card and phone scoop protectors.. Should I put those on or wait for the Cliffys?

I would wait. The Cliffy protectors are better than the one's JJP made. Not sure why they didnt just get them directly from Cliff? I picked all mine today.

#1441 6 years ago
Quoted from tryton1000:

The JJP ones look very thick compared to the Cliffys. Basically you don't want it to be unprotected in either place for long because the clear will chip and crack with no notice. So if you have a while before your Cliffy's get to you, the JJP one is better than no protection at all. It's only about 30 minutes to install both, and that's cheap to prevent playfield damage.

#1442 6 years ago

Thanks for the help guys!

#1443 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

The JJP ones look very thick compared to the Cliffys. Basically you don't want it to be unprotected in either place for long because the clear will chip and crack with no notice. So if you have a while before your Cliffy's get to you, the JJP one is better than no protection at all. It's only about 30 minutes to install both, and that's cheap to prevent playfield damage.

I agree. I saw them both side by side today....The Cliffy's seemed like much better quality, and a bit thinner.....that being said you need something otherwise those areas will get damaged rather quickly. I know Cliff is pretty backed up on orders so hopefully you get yours soon...

#1444 6 years ago
Quoted from andre060:

It's a LE

#1445 6 years ago

LE #644 arrived at my gameroom. Was from the first container to Germany.
Love this game, remembers me on Whirlwind, Earthshaker, little bit Funhouse, AFM/RFM ... much better than TH
and most of the newer STERN games ! A re-revolution in pinball ... a free theme ....

P1010607 (resized).JPGP1010607 (resized).JPG

P1010613 (resized).JPGP1010613 (resized).JPG

#1446 6 years ago
Quoted from tryton1000:

Here is where I put the weather stripping, right in between. the magnet and housing, circled in red.

The problem in this picture is the metal part on the left pointing up is meant to be bent over to meet the top of the plate which stops the plate sitting up to high

#1447 6 years ago

#184 is in the game room!

Look at all of the setup notes. Lol

IMG_20171004_143317134 (resized).jpgIMG_20171004_143317134 (resized).jpg

IMG_20171004_115132056_HDR (resized).jpgIMG_20171004_115132056_HDR (resized).jpg

IMG_20171004_125619267 (resized).jpgIMG_20171004_125619267 (resized).jpg

#1448 6 years ago

Ohhh yes .... there was a lot of paper in the box

#1449 6 years ago

Just received shipping confirmation on my phone and sim card scoop protectors from JJP.
SE build date 6/30/17.

If you haven't opened a ticket, make sure to do so and get your protectors.

#1450 6 years ago
Quoted from TomDK:

Ohhh yes .... there was a lot of paper in the box

I'm literally still finding those sheets of paper all over my house

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
There are 1,489 posts in this topic. You are on page 29 of 30.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-assembly-line-set-up/page/29 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.