image (resized).jpeg
8 (resized).jpg
1 (resized).jpg
12 (resized).jpg
5 (resized).jpg
Title (resized).jpg
DSC00334 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

19 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 1,489 posts in this topic. You are on page 28 of 30.
#1351 6 years ago
Quoted from stpcore:

If I were to try to make a Standard resemble and LE and I sent the armor out for powder I'm probably around $400 or more after shipping both ways. Another $250-$300 for the glass. So now I'm at $700 and I still don't have the extra LED lighting for the ramps, headphone jack, 3-D printed / laser etched plastics etc.

You're totally right, it doesn't make sense to do it yourself, I'm suggesting that I personally would love it if companies would just offer upgrades ala carte and stop making different versions of the games. Maybe they've all run the math and it doesn't make them as much money, or maybe they're actually leaving money on the table by bifurcating the upgrades into packages, I dunno, I'm just generally ranting about how the LE landscape seems to be getting dumber.

This isn't a shot at JJP to be clear, Batman66 was the dumbest of them all, and Heighway's LE offerings are in my opinion silly. Just let people buy beacons or light up ramps or etched back panels, and definitely powder coated armor. From the factory, no extra shipping, just pay them for upgrades.

Spooky is basically doing that with TNA, and it's the model I like best.

#1352 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

You're totally right, it doesn't make sense to do it yourself, I'm suggesting that I personally would love it if companies would just offer upgrades ala carte and stop making different versions of the games. Maybe they've all run the math and it doesn't make them as much money, or maybe they're actually leaving money on the table by bifurcating the upgrades into packages, I dunno, I'm just generally ranting about how the LE landscape seems to be getting dumber.
This isn't a shot at JJP to be clear, Batman66 was the dumbest of them all, and Heighway's LE offerings are in my opinion silly. Just let people buy beacons or light up ramps or etched back panels, and definitely powder coated armor. From the factory, no extra shipping, just pay them for upgrades.
Spooky is basically doing that with TNA, and it's the model I like best.

I agree that being able to choose your pin upgrades direct from the manufacturer on a base model pin ala carte style would be ideal. That said I can also imagine the potential nightmare of costly mistakes regarding order accuracy when too many options are presented.

#1353 6 years ago
Quoted from stpcore:

I agree that being able to choose your pin upgrades direct from the manufacturer on a base model pin ala carte style would be ideal. That said I can also imagine the potential nightmare of costly mistakes regarding order accuracy when too many options are presented.

Exactly - no need to follow in Heighway footsteps

#1354 6 years ago
Quoted from stpcore:

That said I can also imagine the potential nightmare of costly mistakes regarding order accuracy when too many options are presented.

Yeah, and it makes distribution a bigger headache, I hear you. Is what it is I guess.

#1355 6 years ago

I have a fix for everyone.... i noticed a few small machine screws in bottom of my cab (while installing cliffys) and also remember others posting they found the same ones. Well they go to the phone to hold the screen on and imo are to short and sld have some kind of lock washer .... so i changed them all out since all but one fell out anyhow . Im still missing one and cant locate it but my pin went threw alot of extra shipping so who knows lol. Heres some pics of the location and original vs new ones. 20170825_162857 (resized).jpg20170825_162857 (resized).jpg20170825_162852 (resized).jpg20170825_162852 (resized).jpg20170825_162822 (resized).jpg20170825_162822 (resized).jpg

#1356 6 years ago
Quoted from clg:

Lighting can make a big difference. Not very noticeable at all in my gameroom.

Probably what it is.

#1357 6 years ago

I had a chance to play a second DILE on location, and this one was setup with slightly less tilt than standard which gave me some longer ball times.

I'm now realizing one benefit to owning a machine is the ability to set it up the way you want, and change it over time as you get better.

I'm wondering if there is a connector for ramp lighting on the standard? I'm thinking if there is why couldn't I add my own led strip lighting along it?

#1358 6 years ago
Quoted from Vdrums:

I had a chance to play a second DILE on location, and this one was setup with slightly less tilt than standard which gave me some longer ball times.
I'm now realizing one benefit to owning a machine is the ability to set it up the way you want, and change it over time as you get better.
I'm wondering if there is a connector for ramp lighting on the standard? I'm thinking if there is why couldn't I add my own led strip lighting along it?

It uses custom rgb bulbs that are gameplay controlled depending whats going on in the game ..... but u cld just add simple lighting strips if u wanted but not the same thing

#1359 6 years ago
Quoted from lancestorm:

That is , if you don't have the shaker? Or does the shaker turn off when headphones are detected?

The shaker does _not_ turn off, but it's not any physically louder than the flippers and jets and such.

The thing I wish they _would_ turn off when the headphones are plugged in is the knocker coil.

#1360 6 years ago
Quoted from Khabbi:

Here's a comparison video I shot in 4K that shows the differences between the LE and Standard edition of Dialed in.
» YouTube video
Differences in the cityscape plastic in the back of the game:
» YouTube video

Supposedly the 3D side badges on the theatre are for the CE only and you got them by mistake. I asked JJP because I was like, "huh, we didn't get those..."

#1361 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Supposedly the 3D side badges on the theatre are for the CE only and you got them by mistake. I asked JJP because I was like, "huh, we didn't get those..."

I got lucky too I guess. Mine has them as well. Got mine on Thursday.

Update: After going home and checking last night I realized that I was mistaken. I have the lowly 2-d plastics on the side of my theatre.
Sorry for the confusion!

#1362 6 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

Makes me wonder if the parts department didn't get the memo and these are for all the LEs. Anyone else get 3D side badges on their theatre?

#1363 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Makes me wonder if the parts department didn't get the memo and these are for all the LEs. Anyone else get 3D side badges on their theatre?

I got it on mine, also an LE.

#1364 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

I got it on mine, also an LE.

What was your build date? We got a very early one from the first batch 5/17/17 - 12v wasn't marked on the lead at the door, either.

#1366 6 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

What was your build date? Maybe there's a pattern...

#1367 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

What was your build date? We got a very early one from the first batch 5/17/17 - 12v wasn't marked on the lead at the door, either.

12v label came later, which I realize was the point you were making.

#1368 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

12v label came later, which I realize was the point you were making.

Right. Took me a while to figure out why I couldn't get a 110v Bill acceptor to work when we got it. No documentation and no markings to say the lead was now 12v. Everything just a few weeks after the one we got had the 12v flag on the lead.

#1369 6 years ago

The prototype dile had 3d theater emblems and description says it sld have them also. So it sld havr them imo.

#1370 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

The prototype dile had 3d theater emblems and description says it sld have them also. So it sld havr them imo.

Agree, the comparison chart on the JJP website says they should be there on the LE. Mine is 7/7 and has 2D emblems.

#1371 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

What was your build date? Maybe there's a pattern...

8/9/17. Much older!

#1372 6 years ago

This is on mine...7/17 build date

20170828_185316 (resized).jpg20170828_185316 (resized).jpg

#1373 6 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Other side is the flat plastic one, too?

I think I'll make a thread with build dates and 3D sides/no 3D sides for the LEs. There seems to be a lack of consistency, but more data may suss out what's going on.

Thread to track 3D/flat sides on LE is here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-le-did-you-get-flat-or-3d-plastics-on-side-of-theatre

#1374 6 years ago

I so want this pin; def a classic; how are you owners liking it so far? Does it have staying power first month in? Silly question I know, but would love to hear some thoughts...It's a pricey pin, but I loved the time I spent on it; only played a couple of games though.

#1375 6 years ago
Quoted from stpcore:

When I broke down the price comparison between the Standard and LE the LE made sense to me because I preferred the extras. When adding the costs for me to try to make a Standard resemble a Limited Edition it didn't make sense so I went with the LE. I personally like powder coated armor, Invisiglass, and the extra LED lighting with 3d printed and laser etched plastics.
If I were to try to make a Standard resemble and LE and I sent the armor out for powder I'm probably around $400 or more after shipping both ways. Another $250-$300 for the glass. So now I'm at $700 and I still don't have the extra LED lighting for the ramps, headphone jack, 3-D printed / laser etched plastics etc.
So for me the LE makes sense and I'm happy it's an option as it saves me money in the long run.

I didn't notice this on this other spec sheets but on the JJP site for the CE and LE games it says "Premium clear coated playfield" which is doesn't say under the standard.

#1376 6 years ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

I so want this pin; def a classic; how are you owners liking it so far? Does it have staying power first month in? Silly question I know, but would love to hear some thoughts...It's a pricey pin, but I loved the time I spent on it; only played a couple of games though.

Great machine that I think will only get greater. The disaster progression is a grind after a month or so, but I believe they'll eventually break it up with mini objectives and multiballs like WoZ (Munchkin Multiball, Fireball mode, melt the witch, etc). Plays butter smooth. The shots just FEEL good. JJP is 2 for 3 in my book. Can't wait to see JJP#4 in two months.

#1377 6 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Never mind I figured it out.

#1378 6 years ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

I so want this pin; def a classic; how are you owners liking it so far? Does it have staying power first month in? Silly question I know...

It's not a completely horrible game, which is what it takes to not be good after a month. It's a solid fun game and it can be frustrating to me, but it does keep me coming back for more. I def don't wish I had bought another game for the (rightly stated) very large sum on monies.

Quoted from Pale_Purple:

I didn't notice this on this other spec sheets but on the JJP site for the CE and LE games it says "Premium clear coated playfield" which is doesn't say under the standard.

Huh....this is actually an interesting point as a lot of the chipping has been with LEs, probably because they were first, bu you never know.

#1379 6 years ago

We just got our game yesterday, had ordered the playfield protector... and am not that impressed. Ball gets stuck in these two spots constantly and there's a bunch of white stuff under it in this spot.

Look how much it sticks up in that track the lightning guy moves in.

Is ours not installed correctly or is anyone else with a protector having these issues?

IMG_3332 (resized).JPGIMG_3332 (resized).JPG

IMG_3454 (resized).JPGIMG_3454 (resized).JPG

IMG_3423 (resized).JPGIMG_3423 (resized).JPG

#1380 6 years ago

Probably that way because once again (like Cliffys) they won't just pony up and make a deal with the guys in Germany who've been making these for awhile and doing it much better.

I'm not sure why you'd want one of these on a new modern game anyway, they can certainly add some headaches and won't do anything to avoid the chipping clearcoat on playfield's that is the new normal.

#1381 6 years ago
Quoted from Leeb18509:

Probably that way because once again (like Cliffys) they won't just pony up and make a deal with the guys in Germany who've been making these for awhile and doing it much better.
I'm not sure why you'd want one of these on a new modern game anyway, they can certainly add some headaches and won't do anything to avoid the chipping clearcoat on playfield's that is the new normal.

I don't care about normal clear coat chips at all, I run a public arcade and expect stuff to get beat up. I thought I'd try it since it was a factory option and there's spots on our WOZ worn to the wood.

It's not feeling like a $150 add on when it screws up gameplay.

#1382 6 years ago
Quoted from cwales:

We just got our game yesterday, had ordered the playfield protector... and am not that impressed. Ball gets stuck in these two spots constantly and there's a bunch of white stuff under it in this spot.
Look how much it sticks up in that track the lightning guy moves in.
Is ours not installed correctly or is anyone else with a protector having these issues?

The one here (5/17/17) just has mylar on the QED guy track. I got cliffys for the phone and SIM card holes, which is all I would recommend. Those JJP ones look way too thick. Nuh-uh.

#1383 6 years ago
Quoted from Pale_Purple:

I'm not sure if it is just an LE/SE exclusive, but I have almost no dimpling after 400 plays. The clearcoat seems much better than the Stern pro models and even my WOZ. I did get chipping at my sim hole, though.

IMG_1219 (resized).JPGIMG_1219 (resized).JPG

IMG_1218 (resized).JPGIMG_1218 (resized).JPG

#1384 6 years ago
Quoted from PinballCharlie:

I'm not sure if it is just an LE/SE exclusive, but I have almost no dimpling after 400 plays. The clearcoat seems much better than the Stern pro models and even my WOZ. I did get chipping at my sim hole, though.

Supposedly the LE/CE have "premium" clearcoat and the Standard doesn't. But yeah, same here. Very little dimpling compared to ANY recent Stern. But the clear seems more brittle, and the SIM card hole is the weak point. If not protected right away almost all of them chip.

#1385 6 years ago
Quoted from cwales:

I don't care about normal clear coat chips at all, I run a public arcade and expect stuff to get beat up. I thought I'd try it since it was a factory option and there's spots on our WOZ worn to the wood.
It's not feeling like a $150 add on when it screws up gameplay.

Well, don't know if you want to double down but I've got these on a couple of games with no issues.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/playfield-protectors-dialed-in-playfield-protectors-now-available

#1386 6 years ago

I will be replacing the rubbers. I plan on going with titan rubbers and was thinking of going Blue or Lt Blue on everything, but leaving the flippers Red. What are your thoughts on taking the rubbers a Blue or Lt Blue vs the stock White?

#1387 6 years ago
Quoted from psexton:

I will be replacing the rubbers. I plan on going with titan rubbers and was thinking of going Blue or Lt Blue on everything, but leaving the flippers Red. What are your thoughts on taking the rubbers a Blue or Lt Blue vs the stock White?

Only thing i changed were the flipper rubbers to blue super bands.... looks nice tho but i like the way they play

#1388 6 years ago

I have gone back to all flipper rubbers as real rubber. I just don't like the way the super bands change the game play on the flippers. Titans are preferable to super band by a wide margin though but I still favor real red rubber on my DMD games. I do want to try the thin Titans though.

#1389 6 years ago

My game was picked up from JJP on Monday of this week, does that mean it has protection on the simcard hole? Do I need to get the cliffy instead? It's going to be hard for me to wait for them to arrive with my machine showing up this week.

#1390 6 years ago
Quoted from psexton:

What are your thoughts on taking the rubbers a Blue or Lt Blue vs the stock White?

I think that sounds goddamn horrible No offense

#1391 6 years ago
Quoted from focusmediagroup:

My game was picked up from JJP on Monday of this week, does that mean it has protection on the simcard hole? Do I need to get the cliffy instead? It's going to be hard for me to wait for them to arrive with my machine showing up this week.

I would get a Cliffy set before playing. That SIM hole chips by just looking at it, and the JJP protectors we've seen and they pulled from the line are inferior to Cliffys anyway. Lawlor or whoever engineered the Cliffy knockoffs clearly didn't do it well.

I still have no idea why Jack is letting these beautiful machines get damaged when THE solution is just to get Cliff to do them. It also is a great bullet point for future sales of the machine - protected by Cliffy protectors.

#1392 6 years ago

I'm already ready to replace the rubber in the game. The stock rubber feels great in regards to play, but it wears quickly and it's already causing noticeable dirt in the machine (I'm assuming from rubber dust and bits). The ball very early showed rubber skids on it.

#1393 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

I'm already ready to replace the rubber in the game. The stock rubber feels great in regards to play, but it wears quickly and it's already causing noticeable dirt in the machine (I'm assuming from rubber dust and bits). The ball very early showed rubber skids on it.

I agree 100 percent. I'm loving the game and think that JJP did a great job but the stock rubber is disintegrating rapidly under 50 plays. Pinballs look like they are 20 years old as the rubber is scuffing them and leaving remnance instantly. I can polish them up and within a game they look horrible. I'm thinking of going translucent but it's too bad the white isn't more durable.

#1394 6 years ago

Dialed-In-CE-Production-Announcement (resized).jpgDialed-In-CE-Production-Announcement (resized).jpg

#1395 6 years ago

Dialed-In-CE-no-68 (resized).jpgDialed-In-CE-no-68 (resized).jpg

Dialed-In-CE-Production-Line-Reversed (resized).jpgDialed-In-CE-Production-Line-Reversed (resized).jpg

Dialed-In-CE-Production-Line (resized).jpgDialed-In-CE-Production-Line (resized).jpg

#1396 6 years ago
Quoted from stpcore:

I'm thinking of going translucent but it's too bad the white isn't more durable.

I have to get new rubber as well. Are you thinking of going translucent because it might look better or because you think it will hold up better? This is my first game so I have no idea what color or what brand of rubber to buy.

#1397 6 years ago

This is odd. Is it all of the rubber going bad or just the flipper rubber? White rubber looks yellowed when it is old, so I am wondering what the problem is here.

#1398 6 years ago

I think my trap door is completely broke When it activates, it bounces up and down. it seems like its not catching on the latch. I have tried adjusting it but something seems off.

#1399 6 years ago
Quoted from tryton1000:

I think my trap door is completely broke When it activates, it bounces up and down. it seems like its not catching on the latch. I have tried adjusting it but something seems off.

Maybe this will help.

LTG : )

Trap Door Mech_Latch CO (resized).jpgTrap Door Mech_Latch CO (resized).jpg

#1400 6 years ago
Quoted from tryton1000:

Be sure the switch is working.

LTG : )

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Raleigh, NC
Machine - For Sale
Erie, CO
Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Hampshire, IL
$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

There are 1,489 posts in this topic. You are on page 28 of 30.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-assembly-line-set-up/page/28 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.