image (resized).jpeg
8 (resized).jpg
1 (resized).jpg
12 (resized).jpg
5 (resized).jpg
Title (resized).jpg
DSC00334 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

19 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 1,489 posts in this topic. You are on page 27 of 30.
#1301 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Wow really ? On 15 i make it very easy.... make sure the wire for the switch on the wireform above the entrance to the side ramp is not hanging in the way . I relocated mine with a ziptie bc it looked like it cld b a issue at some point.

I'm with you on that wire, I moved it around a bit. I think it is out of the way, but not 100%.

I was getting a considerably higher percentage of ramp completions on 17, but also more rejects from that dastardly SIM hole.

#1302 6 years ago

I was waiting for the factory installed protectors. Should I even bother? If they aren't going to cover everything and be as good if not better than Cliffy's whats the point?

#1303 6 years ago
Quoted from Butch2099:

I was waiting for the factory installed protectors. Should I even bother? If they aren't going to cover everything and be as good if not better than Cliffy's whats the point?

So far, the Cliffy's seem to have a clear edge. I was getting some bounce-outs at the phone hole, but that settled down after a few dozen plays. So, yeah, the Cliffy set is definitely recommended.

#1304 6 years ago

The SIM card hole looks easy, has anyone put on a phone hole cliffy yet?

#1305 6 years ago

Update on those with a playfield protector:

Once again, great thanks goes out to Khabbi on this because it was his idea. Developed the prototype tonight to put about what amounted to 12 stripes of mylar under the upper right flipper. At first I cut it too large but wanted to see if the ball would release. After like 8 - 10 cuts of what looked like a small flipper, the ball still was not smoothly rolling off. After cutting it down and worrying about putting mylar towards the end of the flipper I'm happy to say no more ball jams on the upper right hand flipper. I cut it down to size one more time as to keep it hidden under the flipper. The best part is that the flipper operates perfectly just as it would without a playfield protector. Hope this helps a few of you. I'll go ahead and see if I can't snap a picture or two of the prototype.

#1306 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Look at the left edge of the SIM card hole. It's hard to see, so most people don't realize the damage has started.

After 85 games, I'm not seeing any sign of wear at the Sim hole.

20170821_212112 (resized).jpg20170821_212112 (resized).jpg

20170821_212049 (resized).jpg20170821_212049 (resized).jpg

#1307 6 years ago

Just a little on yours.....20170821_213823 (resized).jpg20170821_213823 (resized).jpg

#1308 6 years ago
Quoted from Pale_Purple:

The SIM card hole looks easy, has anyone put on a phone hole cliffy yet?

Flip back a page. I posted a pic of one installed. It's also in the "key post" index at the top of each page that makes things easy to find.

#1309 6 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

After 85 games, I'm not seeing any sign of wear at the Sim hole.

Sarcasm? Your clear looks seriously cracked up on the right.

#1310 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Sarcasm? Your clear looks seriously cracked up on the right.

No clear cracking, there is factory Mylar there, not sure what you are referring too.

Quoted from bigd1979:

Just a little on yours.....

I hadn't noticed that with my eye in person, but I do see a very small indent there in that pic.

#1311 6 years ago
Quoted from Beebl:

I helped a buddy unbox this awesome game yesterday. Had the sim card protector installed from the factory. I think the born on date was 8/9ish...

Got anymore pics of this? It looks like shit there.

#1312 6 years ago
Quoted from turbo20lbs:

Got anymore pics of this? It looks like shit there.

after seeing the pics I just ordered a full DI set from Cliffy with switch slot protection. Spent enough to get a free shirt.

#1313 6 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

after seeing the pics I just ordered a full DI set from Cliffy with switch slot protection. Spent enough to get a free shirt.

Cliff said he was changing his full DI set to include inlane cliffys as well. Make sure he sent these to you.

#1314 6 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

No clear cracking, there is factory Mylar there, not sure what you are referring too.

I hadn't noticed that with my eye in person, but I do see a very small indent there in that pic.

Mylar doesn't shatter like that. If there's mylar there, it looks like the clear under it has shattered all around that post.

#1315 6 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

Me too.
My DILE arrives tomorrow!!
I hope that the shipping gods were merciful.

#1316 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Mylar doesn't shatter like that. If there's mylar there, it looks like the clear under it has shattered all around that post.

I see it, I'll contact JJP and get the protector asap.

thanks for pointing it out.

#1317 6 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I see it, I'll contact JJP and get the protector asap.
thanks for pointing it out.

What's become abundantly clear is NO ONE should play their Dialed In until they have a Cliffy or a JJP protector installed. That clear is just too fragile. I wasn't going to wait for mine to get worse, so I got the Cliffy set, and after seeing the JJP one that doesn't lay flat, I'll just leave the Cliffys installed even once the JJP ones finally get here.

#1318 6 years ago

Scoop protectors are a must on any new pin these days. I like that it's becoming a standard. With whatever changes have gone on with clearcoat in the past few years, we're seeing more brittle finishes.

#1319 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

What's become abundantly clear is NO ONE should play their Dialed In until they have a Cliffy or a JJP protector installed. That clear is just too fragile. I wasn't going to wait for mine to get worse, so I got the Cliffy set, and after seeing the JJP one that doesn't lay flat, I'll just leave the Cliffys installed even once the JJP ones finally get here.

yea, when I saw the JJP protector picture I emailed cliffy immediately.

#1320 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Totally agree. I have not played in 3 weeks. Not going to F mine up. I got cliffys but have not installed yet. Just been busy.

#1321 6 years ago

I have all the cliffys but only installed the sim hole set as that is the only real issue spot imo.... at least on newer production ones.

#1322 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

I have all the cliffys but only installed the sim hole set as that is the only real issue spot imo.... at least on newer production ones.

The Dialed In on location here already has wear on the phone hole. I wouldn't press your luck.

#1323 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Nope. And, you're gambling with a much more visible spot. I'd cover it before it shows wear or is damaged, because it will happen.

#1324 6 years ago

Just ordered the full cliffy set for the game, it's down until these go in.

#1325 6 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Just ordered the full cliffy set for the game, it's down until these go in.

Very smart man. That's what I have done.

#1326 6 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Very smart man. That's what I have done.

I am glad we have cliffy to help us, but not happy clear is cracking on my game. Thanks to those who pointed it out to me, it's now glaringly obvious.

#1327 6 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I am glad we have cliffy to help us, but not happy clear is cracking on my game. Thanks to those who pointed it out to me, it's now glaringly obvious.

Will JJP replace the play field under warranty?

#1328 6 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Tough, durable playfield clear like diamondplate is a lost art. All of the manufacturers are having clear issues, likely because of the environmental regulation changes. Protectors are no longer optional.

#1329 6 years ago
Quoted from smokedog:

Will JJP replace the play field under warranty?

It's not that bad to go down that route,.it's more of an inconvenience right now. I'll fill in the area with some clear coat and then install the cliffy. It's not a big deal to me as it is right now and you don't even see it. Now, if that clear were to crack further into the playfield, then it becomes more of an issue and I'll open a ticket. I have no doubt jjp would help me, another reason this doesnt bother me much.

#1330 6 years ago

I've never come across a freight company that I've ever liked.

I paid extra for expedited freight out of worry that I couldn't get my game in time for the tournament we're holding on Saturday. It was SUPPOSED to show up today. Well it was almost 2:00 and I still haven't heard from the shipper, so I call to find out what's going on. Despite the tracking saying it arrived last night at the local terminal, when I call they tell me that it didn't arrive because the trailer broke down. I call BS. Why would tracking say it's here and then a day later they say it didn't arrive? My guess, and this has happened to me more than once before, is that some idiot didn't load it on the delivery truck this morning, so it never went out for delivery.

Ugh. So they're rescheduling for tomorrow, which still works for getting it here on time, but it screwed over my wife's day who stayed home waiting for it. My brother-in-law from California extended his stay from Wednesday morning to Thursday morning to help unload tonight. He took an extra day off of work, but it won't matter now. COOL! Anybody ever have any luck getting refunds for later than scheduled expedited freight shipping? I feel like they should have to compensate for that somehow.

#1331 6 years ago

That sucks. R&L seems to do okay. Let me know when to come over, I'd be glad to help.

#1332 6 years ago

Here's a comparison video I shot in 4K that shows the differences between the LE and Standard edition of Dialed in.

Differences in the cityscape plastic in the back of the game:

#1333 6 years ago

Just realized after watching comparison video I didn't get the 3D plastic on the side of my Quantum Theater.

#1334 6 years ago
Quoted from Khabbi:

Differences in the cityscape plastic in the back of the game:

Huh, I'm with you, the printed one looks nicer. Should have combined printing with etching maybe? Not a big deal either way I guess, but if you ask me all this different edition stuff just gets dumber by the day.

Why not just let people pay more for powder coated armor, and toppers and whatever else, upgrade your bling at will, and leave the actual games the same?

#1335 6 years ago

Khabbi thanks for posting the differences between the standard and LE. I've only. seen the LE in person so far and thought I wanted that, but after seeing your video the standard is just as nice. I suppose one could always add some LED'S to the ramps if they desired. The invisiglass seems super nice though but I think could always be added later by after market.

#1336 6 years ago

No holes in the standard ramps for leds Just FYI

#1337 6 years ago

normally im a standard/pro guy but with jjp u get the same game play and extra bling on the le. In dile case i wld of added invisaglass anyway so for a little more the integrated lighted ramps and powdercoat were well worth the little bit more.... plus the other differences were just icing on the cake for me.

#1338 6 years ago

Weird thing is I put invisiglass on mine and I can't tell much of a diff'rence really.

#1339 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Huh, I'm with you, the printed one looks nicer. Should have combined printing with etching maybe? Not a big deal either way I guess, but if you ask me all this different edition stuff just gets dumber by the day.
Why not just let people pay more for powder coated armor, and toppers and whatever else, upgrade your bling at will, and leave the actual games the same?

There are also 10 gi/flasher type bulbs on the le for the acrylic which have some nice effects during gameplay.

#1340 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Anybody ever have any luck getting refunds for later than scheduled expedited freight shipping? I feel like they should have to compensate for that somehow.

Ha! Apologies for anyone in the freight business here, but none of the companies seem to give a shit if you have a problem. An insurance claim is one thing, but delivery changes or any "customer service" needs and it's a joke. As for late deliveries, I'd just be happy they got it there(my last game was 5 hours late I think). NAVL has been pretty good.

I've been in a year long battle with YRC shipping--they re-weighed a 120 pound crate I shipped and came up with 750 pounds(!!!) and despite all sorts of documentation proving otherwise they sent it to collections when I said I wasn't paying for the phantom weight! 750! Like I own a fork truck at my house. A-holes.

#1341 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Weird thing is I put invisiglass on mine and I can't tell much of a diff'rence really.

I have the good glass on all my pins .... cant stand regular glass now lol. Everyone sees different tho....

#1342 6 years ago
Quoted from mrofnoc:

Just realized after watching comparison video I didn't get the 3D plastic on the side of my Quantum Theater.

Yea my side ones are just regular also..... hmmmm

#1343 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Lighting can make a big difference. Not very noticeable at all in my gameroom.

#1344 6 years ago

What all came extra with people's le? Is there a goodie bag with extra parts? Also a certificate and comic ? I know the printed manual is supposed to be sent out when its available. Anything else?

#1345 6 years ago

I got an LE. The cityscape looks nice, but I prefer the one on the standard. Both look good though.

#1346 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

I got an LE. The cityscape looks nice, but I prefer the one on the standard. Both look good though.

Im big on lighting and the le etched one with the 10 extra gi/flashers really add alot to the lightshow during certain modes and mb. But nothing wrong with the standard with no lighting.

#1347 6 years ago

I'm with you the laser etched one is better. For me the LE wins because of the LEDs on the ramps and the blue armor but there is a lot to be said for the standard too. It's selling far better by comparison than the standard Hobbit had done at this point in that run also.

#1348 6 years ago

To me, the headphone jack is a biggie - for the first time ever, I can play pinball after my wife goes to bed without disturbing her.

#1349 6 years ago

When I broke down the price comparison between the Standard and LE the LE made sense to me because I preferred the extras. When adding the costs for me to try to make a Standard resemble a Limited Edition it didn't make sense so I went with the LE. I personally like powder coated armor, Invisiglass, and the extra LED lighting with 3d printed and laser etched plastics.

If I were to try to make a Standard resemble and LE and I sent the armor out for powder I'm probably around $400 or more after shipping both ways. Another $250-$300 for the glass. So now I'm at $700 and I still don't have the extra LED lighting for the ramps, headphone jack, 3-D printed / laser etched plastics etc.

So for me the LE makes sense and I'm happy it's an option as it saves me money in the long run.

#1350 6 years ago
Quoted from JWJr:

To me, the headphone jack is a biggie - for the first time ever, I can play pinball after my wife goes to bed without disturbing her.

That is , if you don't have the shaker? Or does the shaker turn off when headphones are detected?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Chicago, IL
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
$ 22.50
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Lighting - Led
Lermods

7,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Salinas, CA
$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball

There are 1,489 posts in this topic. You are on page 27 of 30.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-assembly-line-set-up/page/27?hl=jar155 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.