image (resized).jpeg
8 (resized).jpg
1 (resized).jpg
12 (resized).jpg
5 (resized).jpg
Title (resized).jpg
DSC00334 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

19 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 1,489 posts in this topic. You are on page 26 of 30.
#1251 6 years ago

The Lady's arm thing ?

Adjustable below the playfield. A round disc with a nut above it screws into the rod pushing the arm up. A cam turns and pushes the disc up, gravity lets it down.

Loosen the nut, screw disc up or down as needed. Retighten the nut.

LTG : )

#1252 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

The Lady's arm thing ?
Adjustable below the playfield. A round disc with a nut above it screws into the rod pushing the arm up. A cam turns and pushes the disc up, gravity lets it down.

Awesome thax.... im betting mine is to high .

#1253 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Question..... on the ramp diverter.... how far does everyone's go down at the lowest point? Mine seems a tad high and when diverted it hits very high and almost the spotlight..... if super hard it flys lol.

The metal for that is very soft. I tweaked the one here a little so it worked better.

EDIT: Lloyd's way is better, as usual.

#1254 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Question..... on the ramp diverter.... how far does everyone's go down at the lowest point? Mine seems a tad high and when diverted it hits very high and almost the spotlight..... if super hard it flys lol.

I took Betty apart because of the same issue, but didn't see an adjustment. I solved it by bending the ramp slightly upwards.

#1255 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

The Lady's arm thing ?

Note: on early DIs like mine, the the big flat washer that recent DIs have below the spring isn't installed. That was a running change. Adjustment works the same way but the assembly looks slightly different.

#1256 6 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Congrats! When did you order? (Just trying to figure out how long the wait line may be currently).

They are producing more than just pre-orders. I called earlier this week on an LE & was told I should have one by the end of the month.

#1257 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

How many plays did that machine have on it to have THAT happen? Had to be a lot.

Yes, I assume a lot.

Quoted from bigd1979:

Yep most games with the drop on that spot tend to get damaged from my experience.. especially without mylar .

I don't ever remember a game dropping directly to the center of the switch. Most drop above the switch onto a thick Mylar spot and then roll over the switch.

#1258 6 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

I don't ever remember a game dropping directly to the center of the switch. Most drop above the switch onto a thick Mylar spot and then roll over the switch.

Tons of games drop on the slot.

#1259 6 years ago
Quoted from JWJr:

but didn't see an adjustment.

I'd go into Tests - Devices - that diverter, lower it the whole way down. Turn the game off. Lift playfield up and lean back. The part I circled acts just like a leg leveler. Loosen nut, set the disc part where you want it. Tighten the nut.

In the lowered position, you can push the rod/arm up and down to get it where you want it. In the picture my arm is up, not down, I just snapped a quick picture to show where it is below the playfield.

Quoted from Pinballomatic:

Note: on early DIs like mine, the the big flat washer that recent DIs have below the spring isn't installed. That was a running change. Adjustment works the same way but the assembly looks slightly different.

Mine in the picture doesn't have a spring either. I did put a dab of grease on the rod going into the tube to make it slide better.

Spring or not, adjustment is the same.

DSC00326 (resized).JPGDSC00326 (resized).JPG

#1260 6 years ago

Check to see if your spring may have been compressed and traveled up too high back up toward the playfield. Maybe it's there but hiding a bit and you can't see it.

#1261 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

Check to see if your spring may have been compressed and traveled up too high back up toward the playfield. Maybe it's there but hiding a bit and you can't see it.

Me ? No, there is no spring on mine. ( 5/17 build )

Other Dialed In owners can check theirs if they have a problem.

#1262 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Gotcha, Sir. I'm just the man who knows the Man.

#1263 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Tons of games drop on the slot.

Most games drop above the switch and for good reason. I just looked at 40 plus games with ramp returns and only two do this; TZ and RBION. Both have damage... Must be a Pat Lawlor thing.

Edit: I just looked at AS pro and it drops right on the center of the switches too. To me this is stupid as hell.

#1264 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Fixed mine but it had a washer and 2 springs. It was allready fully down so i removed the washer and adjusted accordingly and all is good now.

#1265 6 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Putting the ball drop directly over the switch instead of a little in front of it is mind boggling. Hopefully Cliffy is in full production for this game.

Somewhat standard. My RBION, DH, TZ, got all drop the same.

Just FYI, GOT PF holding up in that area much better than DI

#1266 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

GOT PF holding up in that area much better than DI

that can't be, build quality

#1267 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

that can't be, build quality

It's a fair point that won't get too much love here but it indeed needs pointing out.

#1268 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

It's a fair point that won't get too much love here but it indeed needs pointing out.

Even though he already has in this thread and several others? The dude gets his kicks in weird ways.

Ball drops on switch slots has been a bad standard for a long time. I don't know why they still do it. Those areas never hold up to the abuse. Ever.

#1269 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Even though he already has in this thread and several others?

The dude gets his kicks in weird ways.

I'm not one to defend Hazzof's shtick usually but he's only mentioned build quality once in this thread.

His kicks are usually acting like a rebel canadian, which is kind of cute

#1270 6 years ago

I helped a buddy unbox this awesome game yesterday. Had the sim card protector installed from the factory. I think the born on date was 8/9ish...

IMG_3087[1] (resized).JPGIMG_3087[1] (resized).JPG

#1271 6 years ago
Quoted from Beebl:

I helped a buddy unbox this awesome game yesterday. Had the sim card protector installed from the factory. I think the born on date was 8/9ish...

Awesome... but it looks like a cliffy knockoff but not as good of a fit as the cliffy set. Plus its not protected all the way around but props to jjp for adding something.

#1272 6 years ago
Quoted from Beebl:

Sweet! This has been what ive been waiting for. Is it a standard or LE? Thanks.

#1273 6 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

U sld just get the whole cliffy set regardless of what jjp adds....well worth it

#1274 6 years ago
Quoted from Beebl:

It looks like the front edge doesn't lay flush with the playfield. Is it lifted a bit or is that an illusion from the angle?

#1275 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It looks like the front edge doesn't lay flush with the playfield. Is it lifted a bit or is that an illusion from the angle?

That was my thought as well

#1276 6 years ago

This is the shit. This is what I ordered.

1185bdd1a3ec64318e91798cafccf3fe92009421 (resized).jpg1185bdd1a3ec64318e91798cafccf3fe92009421 (resized).jpg

#1277 6 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

This is the shit. This is what I ordered.

Yep that's what i have installed

#1278 6 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

This one was an LE.

#1279 6 years ago

Need something for the mosh pit too.

20170821_012321 (resized).jpg20170821_012321 (resized).jpg

#1280 6 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Cliffy has that covered already too. His set covers both holes.

#1281 6 years ago

JJP isn't planning to ignore the phone scoop. Coverage is coming for that as well.

#1282 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It still amazes me that two of the best games ever AFM and MB had holes that got blasted after just a few hundred plays. For lack of a small hunk of metal. Hopefully at this point hole protectors become part of the original design for all games.

#1283 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Dialed_In_Phone (resized).jpgDialed_In_Phone (resized).jpg

#1284 6 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Did they change those posts at the factory? They're different from the early Dialed In (5/17/17) we have here (and they have black rubber).

#1285 6 years ago

It's great that these are now being installed at factory but a bit disappointing it wasn't done before.

I showed jjp employees the slight scoop wear at expo in October 2016. They assured me the production models wouldn't have any issues and it would be addressed.

I hope all future pins from jjp come with them preinstalled.

#1286 6 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

It still amazes me that two of the best games ever AFM and MB had holes that got blasted after just a few hundred plays. For lack of a small hunk of metal. Hopefully at this point hole protectors become part of the original design for all games.

The original AFM didn't get it's hole "blasted" after just a few hundred plays. I bought a near perfect one back in 2000 and it probably had more play than that and the hole still looked good. In fact in those days if you had a good hole to show off (yeah I know...) you used a Kerry internal protector. Using Cliff's product usually meant you were covering an already damaged hole.

Therefore I put in the Kerry S internal protector and it's been in there ever since.

The original PF's got sunken and beat up around the edges but didn't lose the CC in big chunks like today's games. Of course you can find pics of some AFM's with 100k + plays and the hole now could fit a baseball. But no chipping

But yeah with today's CC protectors should be mandatory.

#1287 6 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

So far ive put over 100 plays on mine and have no visible wear at phone scoop ....so much so i didnt add my cliffy yet. The pic u posted has a early playfield and the scoop hole and posts around it are very different than what mine looks like.

#1288 6 years ago

Here's what they look like now..... they have a nice sloped edge now which helps alot in regard to damage. 20170821_082934 (resized).jpg20170821_082934 (resized).jpg

#1289 6 years ago

I've had my game 6 weeks, no damage on the Sim csrd hole or phone scoop.

#1290 6 years ago

My phone scoop is faring well after ~200 plays, but my SIM scoop has the typical damage. I mylared over the damage and haven't seen any additional thrashing, but am really looking forward to the JJP protector so I can turn the upper flipper stronger than 15 (getting a lot of rejects on the middle ramp).

I wish I could stop playing and wait, I really do. I simply can't.

Other than that scoop, however, the clearcoat on this machine is fantastic. I have very, very little dimpling.

sim scoop (resized).jpgsim scoop (resized).jpg

#1291 6 years ago

Interesting - what's that empty hole in the artwork? Change in production from when the art was done up?

#1292 6 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Interesting - what's that empty hole in the artwork? Change in production from when the art was done up?

Hmm - good question, not really sure. It is located under the left ramp, so you normally can't see that area.

#1293 6 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

A lot of games have something like this, even WMS games (some, the hole is even drilled out). In most cases the original design called for a GI light there or a switch (not in this case) but space issues or wiring issues caused it to be removed.

#1294 6 years ago
Quoted from mrgregb123:

A lot of games have something like this, even WMS games (some, the hole is even drilled out). In most cases the original design called for a GI light there or a switch (not in this case) but space issues or wiring issues caused it to be removed.

I am most familiar with that - I was meaning more DI specific. i.e. What was changed in DI's history that left that there.

#1295 6 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I've had my game 6 weeks, no damage on the Sim csrd hole or phone scoop.

Look at the left edge of the SIM card hole. It's hard to see, so most people don't realize the damage has started.

#1296 6 years ago

Does anyone know where I can see photo differences of the minor changes on the playfield between the LE and Standard. Wondering if I should grab a stock STD and some invisiglass or get in line for an LE.

#1297 6 years ago

LE vs Standard -- standard has different ramps without the LEDs and without the holes drilled for the LEDs.

#1298 6 years ago
Quoted from focusmediagroup:

Does anyone know where I can see photo differences of the minor changes on the playfield between the LE and Standard. Wondering if I should grab a stock STD and some invisiglass or get in line for an LE.

Get the LE. End of discussion.

#1299 6 years ago
Quoted from PinballCharlie:

My phone scoop is faring well after ~200 plays, but my SIM scoop has the typical damage. I mylared over the damage and haven't seen any additional thrashing, but am really looking forward to the JJP protector so I can turn the upper flipper stronger than 15 (getting a lot of rejects on the middle ramp).
I wish I could stop playing and wait, I really do. I simply can't.
Other than that scoop, however, the clearcoat on this machine is fantastic. I have very, very little dimpling.

Wow really ? On 15 i make it very easy.... make sure the wire for the switch on the wireform above the entrance to the side ramp is not hanging in the way . I relocated mine with a ziptie bc it looked like it cld b a issue at some point.

#1300 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Wow really ? On 15 i make it very easy....

I get a fair amount of rejects on 15 as well...thanks for the tip I'll check if the wire is in the way

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pittsburgh, PA
Electronics
Skillshot Combo

Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Martinez, GA
Machine - For Sale
Erie, CO
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Lighting - Led
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 1,489 posts in this topic. You are on page 26 of 30.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-assembly-line-set-up/page/26?hl=procrastinator and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.