image (resized).jpeg
8 (resized).jpg
1 (resized).jpg
12 (resized).jpg
5 (resized).jpg
Title (resized).jpg
DSC00334 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

19 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 1,489 posts in this topic. You are on page 25 of 30.
#1201 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Here are all the cliffys.... full protection baby...

Did your replacement game coom in?

#1202 6 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Did your replacement game coom in?

Not yet.....

#1203 6 years ago

I really don't look forward to having to take everything apart to get those installed.

#1204 6 years ago
Quoted from DeeGor:

I really don't look forward to having to take everything apart to get those installed.

I should have this Monday, but I'm pretty sure I can do it by just removing two screws from the ramp flap on the left ramp and then the two posts. I don't expect it to be TOO awful, but we'll see...

#1205 6 years ago

Cliffy Sim hole protectors.

DI-Sim-3pc01 (resized).JPGDI-Sim-3pc01 (resized).JPG

#1206 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Here are all the cliffys.... full protection baby...

So Cliff got a spare PF to fine tune these on? Sweet.

#1207 6 years ago
Quoted from mrofnoc:

Looking forward to getting these Monday. They'll be on Dialed In right away. Both those holes are taking a beating.

#1208 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Looking forward to getting these Monday. They'll be on Dialed In right away. Both those holes are taking a beating.

Mine too. Got Titan rubbers I'm going to do at the same time. Hard to stop playing it till then.

#1209 6 years ago
Quoted from mrofnoc:

Are Cliffys available right now?

#1210 6 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Are Cliffys available right now?

Yes, send him an email.
[email protected]

#1211 6 years ago
Quoted from mrofnoc:

Mine too. Got Titan rubbers I'm going to do at the same time. Hard to stop playing it till then.

What color did you go with for your titan bands?

#1212 6 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

What color did you go with for your titan bands?

I was going to try a different color, just didn't have time to decide and went w/ white. I think white looks good on this game anyway.

#1213 6 years ago

Done. Also got inlane cliffys to. Now I'm covered.

#1214 6 years ago

Got the Dialed In Cliffys installed. The SIM hole was worse than I thought once I got everything removed to add the protector. About 3/4 of the left side was chipped off already. Glad I didn't wait for whatever JJP is doing. Who knows what it would look like in another 2-4 weeks or more when they finally arrive?

Total install time was about 45 minutes for the shooter lane, SIM card hole and phone hole.

I'll just set the official ones aside when I get them.

#1215 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Got the Dialed In Cliffys installed.

Haven't look into it but how much did you have to take off to get to it..whole ramp?
I need to email Cliffy to order one

#1216 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Haven't look into it but how much did you have to take off to get to it..whole ramp?
I need to email Cliffy to order one

It was easy. Just the two screws at the flap, lift up the ramp and rest it on the QED guy's head. Much easier than I expected. You need a 1/4" wrench for the two posts on either side of the SIM card slot that are unscrewed from the top.

I have some pictures I took. I'll post them when I get them off the phone.

#1217 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It was easy. Just the two screws at the flap, lift up the ramp and rest it on the QED guy's head. Much easier than I expected. You need a 1/4" wrench for the two posts on either side of the SIM card slot that are unscrewed from the top.

Thanks goodness. Looks like it would be a lot worse to install. I noticed my sim card hole left side has a "buck tooth" split under that metal guard as well. Hope isn't too bad.

#1218 6 years ago
Quoted from boustrophedonic:

PF protector look awesome!

When you get a ball stuck under the upper right flipper let me know. I think I have a fix but it would be much easier if Jack had one that he could just mail out.

Thanks!

#1219 6 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

When you get a ball stuck under the upper right flipper let me know. I think I have a fix but it would be much easier if Jack had one that he could just mail out.
Thanks!

Happened constantly until I put a piece of foam tape under it. Wouldn't mind a better solution though.

#1220 6 years ago
Quoted from boustrophedonic:

Happened constantly until I put a piece of foam tape under it. Wouldn't mind a better solution though.

I'm going to cut a few pieces of mylar (credit to Khabbi: his idea) and form the mylar to fit the area. Then, I need to make sure it is thick enough so the ball rolls off the post and back into play. This idea has been throw around for about a month, I'm just too damn lazy to cut the mylar.

I hope to do this soon. Thanks for your response.

#1221 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Posting pics would be great. I ordered the set from Cliff and they should be here Thursday. I also ordered inlane cliffys too. That will take a beating.

20170813_131508 (resized).jpg20170813_131508 (resized).jpg

#1222 6 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Posting pics would be great. I ordered the set from Cliff and they should be here Thursday. I also ordered inlane cliffys too. That will take a beating.

Yeah the inlane protectors are the generic ones. I already had those installed day one.

#1223 6 years ago

Got my call to send my money today. Thanks Joe PinballSTAR ! I can't wait for my DILE to arrive! Ordered as full set of Cliffys and the leg protectors as well. I'll order the mirror blades tomorrow. Already have the standard Polk subwoofer (Thanks @toasterdog!). I hope that it arrives soon!

#1224 6 years ago

Okay, here's what I did to install the sim card slot protector. Just removed the two flap screws from the ramp, and then lift it and rest it on the QED guy. I had to tilt it to get it past the station, but that was the only tight spot.

IMG_2610 (resized).JPGIMG_2610 (resized).JPG

Here's the SIM card hole before any protection, as it came from the factory. Pretty nasty chipping on the left edge after only a few hundred plays.
IMG_2620 (resized).JPGIMG_2620 (resized).JPG

Here's the slot after the Cliffys are installed.
IMG_2624 (resized).JPGIMG_2624 (resized).JPG

#1225 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Okay, here's what I did to install the sim card slot protector. Just removed the two flap screws from the ramp, and then lift it and rest it on the QED guy. I had to tilt it to get it past the station, but that was the only tight spot.

Here's the SIM card hole before any protection, as it came from the factory. Pretty nasty chipping on the left edge after only a few hundred plays.

Looks good. I just got my cliffy set in yesterday. I will install Mylar and then cliffys. Maybe overkill but I want it protected.

#1226 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

thanks for posting pics!!

#1227 6 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

Got my call to send my money today. Thanks Joe pinballstar ! I can't wait for my DILE to arrive! Ordered as full set of Cliffys and the leg protectors as well. I'll order the mirror blades tomorrow. Already have the standard Polk subwoofer (Thanks toasterdog!). I hope that it arrives soon!

Congrats! When did you order? (Just trying to figure out how long the wait line may be currently).

#1228 6 years ago

Yay its here.... well worth the wait. Game and build quality are top notch. This game really shines in home use and is very difficult especially when u take away all the eb and make magnets more active. 20170818_143221 (resized).jpg20170818_143221 (resized).jpg20170818_143253 (resized).jpg20170818_143253 (resized).jpg20170818_143259 (resized).jpg20170818_143259 (resized).jpg

#1229 6 years ago

Also full protection on sim hole...thanks cliffy. I have all them but the sim was most important for now bc i wanted to play lol. 20170817_213009 (resized).jpg20170817_213009 (resized).jpg

#1230 6 years ago

Also, do we have an update on when the protectors will be factory installed? Thanks!

#1231 6 years ago

By the way, with mine shipping on Monday, I should mention that I preordered in early December.

#1232 6 years ago

Is QED's lightening bolt meant to hit the ball on the wireform when he's all the way to the right? Sneaky little bastard.

#1233 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Is QED's lightening bolt meant to hit the ball on the wireform when he's all the way to the right? Sneaky little bastard.

Your lightning bolts are probably backwards he's not supposed to hit the ball. Try flipping them around.

#1234 6 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Also, do we have an update on when the protectors will be factory installed? Thanks!

Last I heard was the JJP first batch of Cliffy knockoffs had some issue and they pulled the installation/distribution of them. I wasn't waiting for the SIM hole to get any worse, so I just went with the Cliffys. I'm *guessing* that maybe the JJP ones had bounce outs at the phone hole? The hole is narrower than it looks because of the bevel, so when the protectors installed, it's like the KISS scoop for a while until the protectors get beaten a little bit. The SIM card hole has no difference with protection installed that I can tell.

Well worth the upgrade. I wouldn't play it even ONCE without at least a SIM hole protector installed. That left edge is REALLY prone to chipping.

#1235 6 years ago

As soon as I got word that I had my shipping date, I ordered from Cliffy. I felt like I should support him anyway.

#1236 6 years ago

I may do the same thing. I didn't really like the look of the 3 piece "cliffy" that JJP is sending (or not?) out. Cliffys' looks a lot better.

#1237 6 years ago
Quoted from Leeb18509:

I didn't really like the look of the 3 piece "cliffy" that JJP is sending (or not?) out. Cliffys' looks a lot better.

Cliffy's is also 3 pieces FYI

#1238 6 years ago

I got my cliffys yesterday. Don't forget guys to order inlane protectors as well. Both ramps drop the ball right on the inlane. Over time, that will get messed up for sure

20170813_131508 (resized).jpg20170813_131508 (resized).jpg

#1239 6 years ago

Where is everyone purchasing the DI cliffy's from? I looked on passionforpinball.com and couldn't find them. I tried emailing Cliffy asking about them, but I never got a response.

#1240 6 years ago
Quoted from DeeGor:

Where is everyone purchasing the DI cliffy's from? I looked on passionforpinball.com and couldn't find them. I tried emailing Cliffy asking about them, but I never got a response.

yeah emailing him is the way to go. He stressed patience a few times in the email You can imagine how swamped he is being just one person' so go easy on him

#1241 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

yeah emailing him is the way to go. He stressed patience a few times in the email You can imagine how swamped he is being just one person' so go easy on him

Sounds good. I just wasn't sure if there was another place people were purchasing from, since I never saw them on the website.

#1242 6 years ago

Email is the way to go but he is slammed so expect a 3+ week wait at this point. EDIT: this is for Cliffy

Did anyone get the play field protector from the factory? Would that help with the SIM hole issue or would it just chip off all the same or chip under the protector? On that note did anyone get the upgraded side art?

#1243 6 years ago
Quoted from Pale_Purple:

Email is the way to go but he is slammed so expect a 3+ week wait at this point.
Did anyone get the play field protector from the factory? Would that help with the SIM hole issue or would it just chip off all the same or ship under the protector? On that note did anyone get the upgraded side art?

They called off putting them on at the factory as there was some issue with the original design (?). I literally got a "it's on the way" email about the protectors, then another an hour later saying they pulled it, so never mind. It's also why they haven't sent them to the initial buyers to put on their machines. I think we're waiting for a revision of the JJP design before they put them on machines and send them out to buyers that already have their machine.

#1244 6 years ago

Should have said that was for Cliffy not the JJP factory, edited original post.

#1245 6 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

I got my cliffys yesterday. Don't forget guys to order inlane protectors as well. Both ramps drop the ball right on the inlane. Over time, that will get messed up for sure

I doubt it. Super high quality, field tested for months, no need for Cliffys.

I would say just play it and not worry about it.

#1246 6 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Putting the ball drop directly over the switch instead of a little in front of it is mind boggling. Hopefully Cliffy is in full production for this game.

20170818_174313 (resized).jpg20170818_174313 (resized).jpg

#1247 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I doubt it. Super high quality, field tested for months, no need for Cliffys.
I would say just play it and not worry about it.

Go buy your ghosting Star Wars. I know u wish it had this.

Screenshot_20170726-201508 (resized).jpgScreenshot_20170726-201508 (resized).jpg

#1248 6 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Putting the ball drop directly over the switch instead of a little in front of it is mind boggling. Hopefully Cliffy is in full production for this game.

Wow, that pic is super nasty. How many plays did that machine have on it to have THAT happen? Had to be a lot.

The Cliffy rollover protectors are universal and fit all the machines. They're in stock all the places that carry Cliffys and ship out right away. I got 8 of them from Little Shop of Games a while ago and just have them on hand to put on each machine that comes in the door first thing.

#1249 6 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Yep most games with the drop on that spot tend to get damaged from my experience.. especially without mylar .

#1250 6 years ago

Question..... on the ramp diverter.... how far does everyone's go down at the lowest point? Mine seems a tad high and when diverted it hits very high and almost the spotlight..... if super hard it flys lol.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball

$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Martinez, GA
Flipper Parts
FlipMods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

7,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Salinas, CA
7,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Carlisle, PA
5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Raleigh, NC
$ 22.50
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

There are 1,489 posts in this topic. You are on page 25 of 30.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-assembly-line-set-up/page/25 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.