image (resized).jpeg
8 (resized).jpg
1 (resized).jpg
12 (resized).jpg
5 (resized).jpg
Title (resized).jpg
DSC00334 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

19 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 1,489 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 30.
#1101 6 years ago
Quoted from pinghetto:

Take a look at the legs on DI in though. I looked at both the LE and standard and they have a bow in them. It causes a point for them to run on the cabinet by the leg bolts even with the factory installed spacer. I don't think it's the cabinet or spacers at all. It's the legs. (Disclaimer... I think...).

Legs are standard i believe but the location of where the leg plates are different and higher up on cab from the looks of it.

#1102 6 years ago

Where did your post go? Jacks comment was spot on!

Quoted from Spankey:

I'm still waiting. Getting more difficult as days go by.

Me too but gonna be so worth it!

#1103 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Legs are standard i believe but the location of where the leg plates are different and higher up on cab from the looks of it.

I don't think so. Look at them from the top down. Compare them to WMS or Stern. There is a definite curve on the JJP's that's not on the other two.

#1104 6 years ago
Quoted from pinghetto:

I don't think so. Look at them from the top down. Compare them to WMS or Stern. There is a definite curve on the JJP's that's not on the other two.

Pretty sure they are wms 28.5 inch legs as they have the same curve. Do you really think they made special legs just for di? I dont have my di to compare bc it arrived damaged last week ....

#1105 6 years ago
Quoted from pinghetto:

Wms legs also dig into the cab at the same area without protectors and even some with them .Im wondering if jjp metal protectors are a hair to thin and the reason for this happening on some di...

#1106 6 years ago

No wrinkles but the legs are def touching the cab on mine

#1107 6 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

I just ordered some thicker leg protectors to put on mine. I can see that if I let it go I could have some issues down the road possibly. I would assume JJP will add thicker protectors moving forward.

They could probably double up the protectors to get the legs farther from the cabinet.

#1108 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

No wrinkles but the legs are def touching the cab on mine

It's called holding up off the floor
I just looked at my games - looks like woz is touching maybe but there's rad cals underneath and they look perfect - mmr also maybe touching but no wrinkles... my guess the bolts are either too tight and the cab decal wrinkles when legs went on... or not tight enough and wobble with aggressive play???

#1109 6 years ago

My legs were touching the cab as well, but no marks. I doubled up the protectors just to be safe.

#1110 6 years ago
Quoted from mrgregb123:

Update - JJP has made right by me. Based on the extensive issues my game has, Jack actually exceeded my expectations in making it right. I'm posting this because I promised I would if they resolved the issues amicably...and they have.

Good on you for posting there is a good result and JJP looked after you. That is a good news story!

#1111 6 years ago

Few questions:

- who's the go to distributor for dialed In? And is the best price on an LE $9k (+shipping?) or is shipping included and/or are there better street prices? Feel free to ok if so

- what's overal consensous of quality? Decals tearing, cc chipping, etc... minority cases or is quality a concern for a $9k nib?

Thanks in advance.

#1112 6 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Few questions:
- who's the go to distributor for dialed In? And is the best price on an LE $9k (+shipping?) or is shipping included and/or are there better street prices? Feel free to ok if so
- what's overal consensous of quality? Decals tearing, cc chipping, etc... minority cases or is quality a concern for a $9k nib?
Thanks in advance.

I have no issues minus some spotty rubber and a opto board I shorted (jjp next day aired one free of charge). I even offered to pay and they said no, they were next day airing it. That was after they returned my call on a Saturday afternoon for tech support.

Some people seem to have some issues, but I can say mine has pretty much been perfect.

#1113 6 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Few questions:
Thanks in advance.

Quality is fine (WAY above current Stern overall) and JJP is quick to adjust as issues are noted. The main issue is protectors for the SIM card and Phone holes. The SIM card one is in production and should be sent out to owners and installed on new machines soon. No idea if they're covering the phone hole, if not, that needs a Cliffy, IMO.

#1114 6 years ago
Quoted from Procrastinator:

I have no issues minus some spotty rubber

JJP seems to have changed the rubber they're using after problems with the initial units sent out, so that's likely fixed.

#1115 6 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

I didn't even know those were available, and they look much thicker. And, uh yeah Bryan Kelly knows everything, i'd trust him
https://mantispinball.com/product/misc-leg-protector-hidden/
For those with slight wrinkling, the overlap ones would look good. Especially if you powder coated them blue or black.
https://mantispinball.com/product/misc-leg-protector-overlap/

What makes the Mantis better than these? Mantis is 2x the price. http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=2711

#1116 6 years ago

Seems like there have been a few minor issues:

...................Problem.................................................................Solution...................................
Chipping at holes.........................................Wait until protectors are installed at the factory
Rubber breaking..........................................No longer an issue, JJP has changed the type of rubbers
Legs touching decals....................................Install thicker or another set of cabinet protectors (Mantis)
Lightning bolt falling out of QED's hands.........Squeeze his arms together or add a drop of hot glue on each hand

I think if you ordered now, you should be good, given that most of the issues have been worked out. If you are really worried about quality, buy the playfield protector and rad-cals and your game will pretty much be bullet-proof.

#1117 6 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Few questions:
Thanks in advance.

No issues on my game. I used Joe at pinballstar, good guy to deal with. I picked up at factory so can't answer shipping.

#1118 6 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Few questions:
Thanks in advance.

I was very happy with Chris from Kingpin games, and got my DI SE WAY ahead of what was originally scheduled. He offers free shipping for veterans and double the factory warranty so mine was $8k shipped.

Quality was overall good, a few known issues but as with everything this complicated, early adopters help work out the bugs for the company a lot of the time.

#1119 6 years ago
Quoted from Butch2099:

What makes the Mantis better than these? Mantis is 2x the price. http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=2711

Mantis protectors are 2-3 times thicker. It is what I use. they are great. Bryan Kelly started a thread on them months back with pics.

#1120 6 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Few questions:
Thanks in advance.

I use Larry with Flip N Out Pinball. My game was perfect out of the box. Plugged it in and started playing. He delivers to my door, but I do live close to him.

#1121 6 years ago
Quoted from Butch2099:

What woody76 said, the Mantis ones are clearly thicker and will keep the legs further apart from touching the cabinet.
I think all Dialied In! Owners should do something whether it's additional felt or the thicker protectors. All games will start wrinkling at some point depending on how much you nudge I gather.

#1122 6 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

Mantis protectors are 2-3 times thicker. It is what I use. they are great. Bryan Kelly started a thread on them months back with pics.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mantis-amusements-upgraded-cabinet-protector

#1123 6 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Few questions:
Thanks in advance.

Can't recommend Chris at Kingpin enough!!

#1124 6 years ago

Due to the problem with legs, JJP has decided to "deactivate' Legs and are now telling everyone to just play the machines laying on the floor.

Aren't you glad JJP is handing this issue and isn't just releasing a statement that legs wrinkling decals is "normal'?

#1125 6 years ago
Quoted from mountaingamer:

It's called holding up off the floor

Well my GOT is being lifted off the floor too and it isn't touching the cab

#1126 6 years ago

I'm thinking this just is a perfect example of what Stern doesn't understand

We are talking about minor leg wrinkling and spending $36 on Mantis leg protectors

This is what the consumer wants. Put some Shooter lane protection on every pin and add the Mantis protectors on every pin at the factory

Stern can look at it and say that's absurd, obviously HUO buyers don't think so

#1127 6 years ago
Quoted from Leeb18509:

I was very happy with Chris from Kingpin games, and got my DI SE WAY ahead of what was originally scheduled. He offers free shipping for veterans and double the factory warranty so mine was $8k shipped.
Quality was overall good, a few known issues but as with everything this complicated, early adopters help work out the bugs for the company a lot of the time.

Quoted from Cloud7:

Can't recommend Chris at Kingpin enough!!

Thanks guys. i do what i can. As Lee states, free shipping for US Armed Forces (past and present), double the factory warranty, and available for tech support "after hours."

#1128 6 years ago

Thanks for the feedback guys. I'm weighing my options which I'm leaning towards waiting for now and saving more $ to add DI as my 3rd pin rather than sacrifice one One of my other pins.

How do you think DI would fair up in a 2-3 pin collection for a fairly skilled player? I've only played it a handful of times so couldn't decipher how deep or strategic the game and stacking abilities were. But I'm a big fan of WOZ, owned it for awhile; got rid of it for 2 reasons - theme the bigger issue but also battle the wicked witch started to become too frequent compared to the other mini bonus modes in the game - this isn't really a bad thing, I just started getting burnt out on the mode and wanted to see more of the game but had to go through that each game to open the other portions.

I plan to play DI some more before I make up my mind. But after playing SW, I know I don't want that especially since I have a GOT. I need a 'fun' pin in my collection to compliment the hardcore format of GOT and the fun but difficult setup of my SMVE. SW doesn't offer that at this time; I feel DI does and I really like what Pat, Ted, jack, and the whole JJP team did with that pin.

Thanks in advance for feedback

#1129 6 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

How do you think DI would fair up in a 2-3 pin collection for a fairly skilled player? I've only played it a handful of times so couldn't decipher how deep or strategic the game and stacking abilities were.

That is a good question and one I'm still working on myself. If you haven't had time to check this out, I haven't much myself, give it a look.
The game has some cool ideas for sure. The "Big Bang" target is pretty impressive. It can be used for diff'rent things depending on what's going on in the game and work stacked as well. It's a damn fun game for sure...and I'm finding it a little tough right now, which is a good thing.

EDIT: Haha whoops forgot the thing to actually look at
http://tiltforums.com/t/dialed-in-rulesheet-wiki/2855

#1130 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

That is a good question and one I'm still working on myself. If you haven't had time to check this out, I haven't much myself, give it a look.
The game has some cool ideas for sure. The "Big Bang" target is pretty impressive. It can be used for diff'rent things depending on what's going on in the game and work stacked as well. It's a damn fun game for sure...and I'm finding it a little tough right now, which is a good thing.
EDIT: Haha whoops forgot the thing to actually look at
http://tiltforums.com/t/dialed-in-rulesheet-wiki/2855

Tough is understatement. I usually have trouble making games last because I play so much and usually go through them pretty quick. Not DI....I've scored 3-4 mil a few times now, but most of my games are under a million and done. I have it completely stock settings, minus 3 EB. I have made it to showdown one time, but otherwise only collected 3 SIM cards. That is the toughest for me, is getting the SIM card before i drain. For those that made it to Armageddon, it must have been a sight. Short of never-ending EB, it seems extremely tough to do.

#1131 6 years ago
Quoted from Procrastinator:

Tough is understatement. I usually have trouble making games last because I play so much and usually go through them pretty quick. Not DI....I've scored 3-4 mil a few times now, but most of my games are under a million and done. I have it completely stock settings, minus 3 EB. I have made it to showdown one time, but otherwise only collected 3 SIM cards. That is the toughest for me, is getting the SIM card before i drain. For those that made it to Armageddon, it must have been a sight. Short of never-ending EB, it seems extremely tough to do.

Armageddon is if you finish the modes but don't collect all the SIM cards.

Showdown is collecting all the SIM cards.

I can get to Armageddon. I can't yet get to Showdown.

#1132 6 years ago

To me I feel like it's one of those "always in a mode" games. Some of those puppies are tough man...like Alien invasion is what like 7 shots or something? That's why I'm thinking the Big Bang needs to be dealt with more...I didn't even know it "completed" a mode; and that's why the Sim Card is a shot after unlike a Ripley letter (yes yes I know read the instruction card ). Blow Big Bang during tough modes save it for Sim Card on easy ones; I'll have to look into the point ramifications on that...more Sim cards = more Multipliers during modes so that might be something to consider as BB doesn;t get multipliers. (hope that math isn't too tough )

I'm also confused aboot MBs. Looks like you better have a mode goign before the lock is lit because when that MB phobe is ringing you can;t start a mode? I thought I heard you could delay it till you had more locked?

#1133 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

To me I feel like it's one of those "always in a mode" games. Some of those puppies are tough man...like Alien invasion is what like 7 shots or something? That's why I'm thinking the Big Bang needs to be dealt with more...I didn't even know it "completed" a mode; and that's why the Sim Card is a shot after unlike a Ripley letter (yes yes I know read the instruction card ). Blow Big Bang during tough modes save it for Sim Card on easy ones; I'll have to look into the point ramifications on that...more Sim cards = more Multipliers during modes so that might be something to consider as BB doesn;t get multipliers. (hope that math isn't too tough )
I'm also confused aboot MBs. Looks like you better have a mode goign before the lock is lit because when that MB phobe is ringing you can;t start a mode? I thought I heard you could delay it till you had more locked?

Big Bang is DEFINITELY something I save for the harder disasters where possible. It also collects all available jackpots, so you can get some major points by using it at the right time.

#1134 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Yea when I played it I was really bummed I had to start mb and couldn't get a mode going first. But I also thought I heard somewhere you could bypass mb start and lock more balls or start a mode. Any owners confirm?

#1135 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Armageddon is if you finish the modes but don't collect all the SIM cards.
Showdown is collecting all the SIM cards.
I can get to Armageddon. I can't yet get to Showdown.

Sorry, that's correct. I only got to it once, and that was because I did nothing but focus on getting through the modes and not really trying for anything else. It's s tough one for sure.

#1136 6 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Yea when I played it I was really bummed I had to start mb and couldn't get a mode going first. But I also thought I heard somewhere you could bypass mb start and lock more balls or start a mode. Any owners confirm?

You can delay mb start by double tapping both flippers immediately after locking your first ball.

#1137 6 years ago
Quoted from lapean111:

You can delay mb start by double tapping both flippers immediately after locking your first ball.

Awesome thanks!

#1138 6 years ago
Quoted from lapean111:

Yeah, I HATE that you only get that option the first time. I would rather be able to delay that indefinitely, or have a setup where when you hit the scoop with a MB ready AND a the phone is charged, you can choose the disaster or start multiball.

#1139 6 years ago

Yeah that's very PL though...that's not much of his bag baby.

#1140 6 years ago

Another vote for Chris at Kingpin!! Great distro that works hard at shows and cares for our military. Give him a call!!!

IMG_6524 (resized).JPGIMG_6524 (resized).JPG

#1141 6 years ago

I'm hosting an IFPA event on the 26th and I'm getting a little nervous that the game isn't going to show up in time. We were going to do a side tournament for Dialed In as well (high score to qualify for finals, then a seeded single elim knockout bracket). It'll probably be a while before I host again, so if this thing doesn't ship soon, I'll probably bag the idea of holding a Dialed In high score tournament. People won't really care 3-4 months from now. Not the end of the world if it doesn't happen, but my trophy for the winner was going to be the best of all time...or at least the best of the last few weeks.

I know there's nothing you can do to change the speed of everything, but it would be good to manage expectations for the event. Once you were asked to pay up, how long did it take for you guys to see your game ship?

#1142 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Once you were asked to pay up, how long did it take for you guys to see your game ship?

3 months from downpayment...but of course nothing was shipping then.

#1143 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

I'm hosting an IFPA event on the 26th and I'm getting a little nervous that the game isn't going to show up in time. We were going to do a side tournament for Dialed In as well (high score to qualify for finals, then a seeded single elim knockout bracket). It'll probably be a while before I host again, so if this thing doesn't ship soon, I'll probably bag the idea of holding a Dialed In high score tournament. People won't really care 3-4 months from now. Not the end of the world if it doesn't happen, but my trophy for the winner was going to be the best of all time...or at least the best of the last few weeks.
I know there's nothing you can do to change the speed of everything, but it would be good to manage expectations for the event. Once you were asked to pay up, how long did it take for you guys to see your game ship?

You may want to contact JJP about this. I'm sure they'll help you getting your game in time regarding the circumstances .

#1144 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

I'm hosting an IFPA event on the 26th and I'm getting a little nervous that the game isn't going to show up in time.

Of all people Jar, why aren't you on the phone now? Would you like me to call them for you?

#1145 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Of all people Jar, why aren't you on the phone now? Would you like me to call them for you?

Hah, I'm not pushy on this sort of thing, just hoping it comes together.

#1146 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Hah, I'm not pushy on this sort of thing, just hoping it comes together.

This is an unboxing thread and you are one of the biggest supporters AND you are doing an IFPA event which I could care less about but wtf, pick up the phone and get your pin on the way.

Ordinary Joe unpacker, btw this thread has gone dark, shouldn't get a pin before a planned tournament event.

#1147 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Once you were asked to pay up, how long did it take for you guys to see your game ship?

How long ago were you asked for final payment? My understanding (could be wrong) is when your games about to go on the line your asked to pay up. If the lines moving it should take how long from empty playfield to final burn-in... maybe a few days? Worse case a week max I’d think - then boxed up and on a truck. Hope you get it in time - sounds like it would be a great event!

#1148 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

I agree with Iceman. Call them and explain you are hosting an IFPA event and have a scantioned Side Tourney featuring DI. They can likely let you know if you'll get it in time or need to substitute another game for your Side Tourney.

#1149 6 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I agree with Iceman. Call them and explain you are hosting an IFPA event and have a scantioned Side Tourney featuring DI. They can likely let you know if you'll get it in time or need to substitute another game for your Side Tourney.

The side tourney isn't part of the IFPA event, so that's why I'm not freaking out too much. The tournament is an IFPA event, and I was holding a "for funsies" extra event for DI with separate prizes.

Still, can't hurt to call. I sent in payment July 17th, but I don't think it was due until July 28th. So we're only 11 days from when payment was due, but about 3 weeks since I sent it in. I am probably fine if it ships by the 18th. Not quite panic time yet.

#1150 6 years ago

I can vouch for these as well...way better than stern metal protectors. Much more robust build and gives plenty of gap between legs and cab!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Flipper Parts
FlipMods

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Electronics
Skillshot Combo

Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pittsburgh, PA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 1,489 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 30.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-assembly-line-set-up/page/23?hl=jar155 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.