image (resized).jpeg
8 (resized).jpg
1 (resized).jpg
12 (resized).jpg
5 (resized).jpg
Title (resized).jpg
DSC00334 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

19 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 1,489 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 30.
#701 6 years ago

Just arrived today. Number 327 in the house. Nice looking and playing game, JJP.

Brian

IMG_20170710_121807249 (resized).jpgIMG_20170710_121807249 (resized).jpg

#702 6 years ago
Quoted from pinghetto:

Just arrived today. Number 327 in the house. Nice looking and playing game, JJP.
Brian

That's looking good.

#703 6 years ago
Quoted from pinghetto:

Brian

Cream of the JJP crop right there. Congrats!

#704 6 years ago
Quoted from pinghetto:

What a great day. Enjoy !
LTG : )

#705 6 years ago

I can't believe what a great game this is. I only got to play it on location before and couldn't hear it all that well.

Had a few people over this evening and just had a blast. The game is nothing epic, not a quest, not even pulse pounding. IT DOESN'T NEED TO BE!! It's just good old fashioned fun. The way I remember the old WMS days. It just has character. So many things that were done right. And plenty of nods back to the 80's / 90's pins.

Well done, JJP. Well freaking done.

Brian

#706 6 years ago
Quoted from pinghetto:

I can't believe what a great game this is. I only got to play it on location before and couldn't hear it all that well.
Had a few people over this evening and just had a blast. The game is nothing epic, not a quest, not even pulse pounding. IT DOESN'T NEED TO BE!! It's just good old fashioned fun. The way I remember the old WMS days. It just has character. So many things that were done right. And plenty of nods back to the 80's / 90's pins.
Well done, JJP. Well freaking done.
Brian

You’re reaction is the same as mine was when I just found myself having FUN.

With all the debates about theme and licenses this Beer article came to mind and seemed to relate to how many regard pins...

http://punchdrink.com/articles/when-did-rarity-equal-greatness-top-beers-list-craft-beer-rankings/

#707 6 years ago

I moved my basketball game to make room for my Dialed In LE delivery this morning.

The carrier decided to unbox part of it for me. Jack told me to send it back.

20170710_083338 (resized).jpg20170710_083338 (resized).jpg

20170710_082124 (resized).jpg20170710_082124 (resized).jpg

20170711_004846 (resized).jpg20170711_004846 (resized).jpg

#708 6 years ago
Quoted from Zavadoza:

I moved my basketball game to make room for my Dialed In LE delivery this morning.

Wow, that sucks. What carrier?

#709 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Wow, that sucks. What carrier?

XPO Logistics I believe. I normally get R&L and never have an issue. Distro picked them.

#710 6 years ago
Quoted from johninc:

Here's an odd one. I thought I'd open the backbox to take a peek inside, but I can't unlock it. The key hanging inside the door matches the lock number, but it won't turn. Maybe there's a secret trick to it.

I had the same problem with mine. This past weekend I was at the Pintastic show and I found it interesting that Butch Peel had the same issue with one of the machines at the show when he was giving his talk. I put a ticket in with Steve at JJP and we talked about it through several iterations. The first thing is the key turns clockwise to unlock. I wasn't sure at first which way so I didn't want to force it. I was concerned about bending and perhaps snapping off the key so eventually after talking with Steve I took a T-15 Torx wrench and removed the two screws on the front of the speaker panel that hold the speaker panel in. I was then able to pull out the speaker panel and release the backglass. I reinstalled the backglass and the speaker panel with the lock unlocked and it appears the tolerances are just too tight as the lock tab meets up with the backglass at about the 2 o'clock position. Steve, from JJP, sent me a new lock and tab, but that tab was also a little too long. I ended up grinding down some of the material on the original tab and refinishing it to open up the tolerances and that seemed to do the trick for me.

#711 6 years ago
Quoted from Zavadoza:

So sorry to see this ABF freight decided to start the unboxing process for me also. When it was wheeled up my sidewalk I could see the backbox decal, my heart sank. Somehow they didn't scratch the decal, but just punched a hole in the box. They also mashed in the back of the box, it smeared the warning label ink and put a couple small dents in the wood.

#712 6 years ago

I saw that you guys are setting the theatre magnet to -65 so it pulls the ball back up instead of down the middle. I have tried that setting and even went to -80. It very softly tries to pull the ball back up, but drops it every time. Should I just keep going further in the negative or is there something else I should adjust?

Thanks.

Brian

#713 6 years ago

Keep going, mine started working around -80.

#714 6 years ago

Man, this game is FUN!

002 (resized).JPG002 (resized).JPG

#715 6 years ago

Left or right machine ?

Left machines drains to often for me

#716 6 years ago
Quoted from pinghetto:

I saw that you guys are setting the theatre magnet to -65 so it pulls the ball back up instead of down the middle. I have tried that setting and even went to -80. It very softly tries to pull the ball back up, but drops it every time. Should I just keep going further in the negative or is there something else I should adjust?
Thanks.
Brian

Keep going. What's your playfield slope set to?

#717 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Keep going. What's your playfield slope set to?

It's right on the second line of the playfield level. Haven't measured it any other way. Probably a tad steep, but I like the games on the faster side. Maybe I need to drop it down a bit.

#718 6 years ago

I had to set mine to 80, but it works great now.

#719 6 years ago
Quoted from pinghetto:

It's right on the second line of the playfield level. Haven't measured it any other way. Probably a tad steep, but I like the games on the faster side. Maybe I need to drop it down a bit.

The bubble level app for phones is awesome and handy for checking playfields.

#720 6 years ago
Quoted from lapean111:

I had to set mine to 80, but it works great now.

Set it at 100 and it works perfectly!

Thanks guys...

#721 6 years ago
Quoted from pindude80:

So sorry to see this ABF freight decided to start the unboxing process for me also. When it was wheeled up my sidewalk I could see the backbox decal, my heart sank. Somehow they didn't scratch the decal, but just punched a hole in the box. They also mashed in the back of the box, it smeared the warning label ink and put a couple small dents in the wood.

Why the downvotes then on zavadoza?

#722 6 years ago

Looks like a standard landed at Marvin's in SE MI last night. Will try and play it today or tomorrow, interested to see that ramp without the lights.

#723 6 years ago

I would have went for a standard but not having the lighted ramps is huge for a game with such a great light show.

#724 6 years ago
Quoted from pinghetto:

Brian

onward buttercup

#725 6 years ago
Quoted from Mfsrc791:

Why the downvotes then on zavadoza?

I wasn't downvoting him or his post, but rather the freight company and the damage to his game, how disappointing. I cleared my downvote because I can see how it caused confusion. Nothing but best wishes for Zava, wonder if he got a replacement game or when he's supposed to?

#726 6 years ago

Are there any toppers available for DI yet?

#727 6 years ago

I just wanted to post and say how pleased I am with Jersey Jack Pinball support. I had a very minor blemish on my new Dialed In. One that I could have lived with and even told them so. I opened a ticket just so they knew it could possibly happen with other games. I got a reply back immediately and they stated they would replace the part no questions asked. I am very impressed.

Kudos JJP team.

Brian

#728 6 years ago
Quoted from pinghetto:

I just wanted to post and say how pleased I am with Jersey Jack Pinball support. I had a very minor blemish on my new Dialed In. One that I could have lived with and even told them so. I opened a ticket just so they knew it could possibly happen with other games. I got a reply back immediately and they stated they would replace the part no questions asked. I am very impressed.
Kudos JJP team.
Brian

They are damn good! They (Lloyd and Jen) were responding to and giving me tech advice on a weekend last Saturday. Just another thing that sets JJP apart in my opinion.

#729 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I heard mine was aboot 1.5 weeks out.

here we go...mine was supposed to ship today but the ol "Mix up on the line" story seems to have pushed me back at least a week.

#730 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

here we go...mine was supposed to ship today but the ol "Mix up on the line" story seems to have pushed me back at least a week.

Man, that really sucks bro. I just got the email that mine shipped yesterday. Hopefully they will ship yours soon.

#731 6 years ago
Quoted from DeeGor:

I did have some decal issues out of the box, that I will contact support on.

Just a follow up to this issue. I contacted JJP today, and they sent out new decals the same day. Sucks that it happened, but for JJP the support they provide.

#732 6 years ago

Recently I was able to unbox, play and review Jersey Jack's Dialed In pinball machine. The game is great and looks fantastic. I am so glad to have this game in my collection.

Blog Post :
https://pinballsupernova.wordpress.com/2017/07/14/unboxing-jersey-jacks-dialed-in-review-and-gameplay-video/

YouTube Video :

Dialed In (resized).jpgDialed In (resized).jpg

$RE70YW0 (resized).jpg$RE70YW0 (resized).jpg

DSC03150 (resized).JPGDSC03150 (resized).JPG

DSC03181 (resized).JPGDSC03181 (resized).JPG

#733 6 years ago

Great video... can't wait to get mine!!!

#734 6 years ago
Quoted from wiggy07:

Recently I was able to unbox, play and review Jersey Jack's Dialed In pinball machine. The game is great and looks fantastic. I am so glad to have this game in my collection.
Blog Post :
https://pinballsupernova.wordpress.com/2017/07/14/unboxing-jersey-jacks-dialed-in-review-and-gameplay-video/

Very good review. Thank you!

#735 6 years ago

Been pretty quiet here lately. I wonder if production has been stopped or slowed down while Jack sources the new playfield protection ("Cliffys" and Mylar)?

#736 6 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

Been pretty quiet here lately. I wonder if production has been stopped or slowed down while Jack sources the new playfield protection ("Cliffys" and Mylar)?

I was told Monday that mine was going onto the line and I sent in my payment. Final payment wasn't due until next week, but I prefer to take care of things early to avoid snags. I think they're pushing them out at a good rate, but orders are just a lot higher than any of us would have guessed. I'm guessing mid to late August to get my game.

#737 6 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

i had games ship last week and a couple more going out tomorrow. nothing is slowing down.

#738 6 years ago

Not so quiet here when the truck showed up... Rad-cals and PF protector look awesome!
20170720_150919_resized (resized).jpg20170720_150919_resized (resized).jpg

#739 6 years ago
Quoted from boustrophedonic:

Not so quiet here when the truck showed up... Rad-cals and PF protector look awesome!

Have they fixed the theatre magnet strength setting from the factory so it pulls it back and around the right orbit consistently out of the box now?

#740 6 years ago

I have #188 and I would strongly recommend buyers at least consider holding out until JJP fixes production issues w/this game. Mine has 68 plays now with the following issues: major chipping at SIM card hole, chipping beginning at phone hole, ball returns on left wireform way too fast and flies out or jumps into other inlane, and the blue decal on QED target is tearing. Bunch of issues out of the box (rusty pinballs, left backbox decal scuffed, lockdown bar indented, theatre magnet not set right, etc. )

It's more disappointing because I love the gameplay. I'm sure Sterns are probably worse out of the box but for $9k it's hard to ignore this stuff. I contacted support several days ago. Crickets. My first JJP experience.

#741 6 years ago
Quoted from mrgregb123:

I have #188 and I would strongly recommend buyers at least consider holding out until JJP fixes production issues w/this game. Mine has 68 plays now with the following issues: major chipping at SIM card hole, chipping beginning at phone hole, ball returns on left wireform way too fast and flies out or jumps into other inlane, and the blue decal on QED target is tearing. Bunch of issues out of the box (rusty pinballs, left backbox decal scuffed, lockdown bar indented, theatre magnet not set right, etc. )
It's more disappointing because I love the gameplay. I'm sure Sterns are probably worse out of the box but for $9k it's hard to ignore this stuff. I contacted support several days ago. Crickets. My first JJP experience.

What's your manufacture date? The serial number doesn't mean anything.

Do you have pictures of the chipping at the SIM and Phone holes? The one here only had (very hard to see) chipping at the back of the SIM hole (I posted a pic), but it hasn't progressed. JJP is making cliffy or cliffy-like protectors they'll be sending out.

The wireform jumps also decreased once the playfield calmed down and wasn't lightning fast. What's your flipper strength? Factory?

We haven't had anywhere near the issues you've listed, nor have I heard that laundry list from others. Maybe you just got unlucky?

#742 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Have they fixed the theatre magnet strength setting from the factory so it pulls it back and around the right orbit consistently out of the box now?

I haven't gotten a turn yet since the kids have been going nonstop, but the setting in the menu is -110.

#743 6 years ago
Quoted from boustrophedonic:

I haven't gotten a turn yet since the kids have been going nonstop, but the setting in the menu is -110.

That's way more than the initial ones shipped with and should be fine. The one here was made on 5/17 and was only set at -55.

#744 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

What's your manufacture date? The serial number doesn't mean anything.

6/21.

Quoted from PinMonk:

Do you have pictures of the chipping at the SIM and Phone holes? The one here only had (very hard to see) chipping at the back of the SIM hole (I posted a pic), but it hasn't progressed. JJP is making cliffy or cliffy-like protectors they'll be sending out.

Sure see attached. Giant gash missing on left. Small chip w/paint on right. Chipping on wood at post. I heard they were making a cliffy but that doesn't undo the damage, unfortunately.

Quoted from PinMonk:

The wireform jumps also decreased once the playfield calmed down and wasn't lightning fast. What's your flipper strength? Factory?

Every person I know with the game reported this issue when I asked them. Doesn't matter if the ball was hit hard up the left ramp either. Flipper strength is factory but again, even if the ramp is hit gently, it still flies out of the wireform once it hits the stopper at the end. Just a bad design IMO.

Quoted from PinMonk:

Maybe you just got unlucky?

Everyone I've talked to locally here reports the same issues. I was kinda shocked to read through this thread and not see the same stuff cropping up more. Maybe there's a black cloud over my state.

C (resized).jpgC (resized).jpg

#745 6 years ago
Quoted from mrgregb123:

6/21.

Sure see attached. Giant gash missing on left. Small chip w/paint on right. Chipping on wood at post. I heard they were making a cliffy but that doesn't undo the damage, unfortunately.

Every person I know with the game reported this issue when I asked them. Doesn't matter if the ball was hit hard up the left ramp either. Flipper strength is factory but again, even if the ramp is hit gently, it still flies out of the wireform once it hits the stopper at the end. Just a bad design IMO.

Like I said, the one here calmed down with the wireform jumping after a while. If does still hit the post on the left of the phone and bounce ONTO the wireform sometimes, though. Not sure if that can be prevented. The only issue here that's potentially major is the hole chipping, and we're waiting on a protector.

The rusty balls thing you had, too is pretty crazy, though. How did they leave the factory rusty or rust between the factory and you?

#746 6 years ago

Hi all, I just got my game yesterday and have a couple of questions. Is there a replay on DI? the other question I have is about the theater magnet. What modes should the ball be thrown back? Thank All

#747 6 years ago

My WoZ has balls fall off the wire form coming from the crystal ball VUK. I need to monkey around with that. I imagine it's a similar problem here.

#748 6 years ago

I can say the balls suck they are sending out. They are supposed to be "mirror" polished. Only 1 of the 5 balls I got with the game were shiny. I contacted JJP, they sent out 4 more balls, they were a little better, but not like the mirror polish balls you buy from pinball life or one of the other parts places. Some of the balls they sent the 2nd time had light pitting starting, very small black spots that would turn into rust pretty quickly. I ran them through my tumbler for 24 hours and they polished up ok, but once again not like bought mirror polished balls. I just hand picked the best ones and threw them in the game.

#749 6 years ago
Quoted from tryton1000:

Is there a replay on DI?

Yes. Check settings as to what score and if it awards credits.

LTG : )

#750 6 years ago
Quoted from mrgregb123:

6/21.

Everyone I've talked to locally here reports the same issues. I was kinda shocked to read through this thread and not see the same stuff cropping up more. Maybe there's a black cloud over my state.

can someone point out the issue for me in the photo please? I honestly cant see anything but maybe a minor edge wear on a the hole which is what happens to pinball machines when you play them.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Sacramento, CA
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Electronics
Skillshot Combo

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

5,640 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Worcester, MA
There are 1,489 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 30.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-assembly-line-set-up/page/15?hl=tryton1000 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.