image (resized).jpeg
8 (resized).jpg
1 (resized).jpg
12 (resized).jpg
5 (resized).jpg
Title (resized).jpg
DSC00334 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

19 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 1,489 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 30.
#501 6 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

A rubber is NOT suppose to be there. Just the post.

Ok, thanks for the quick responses guys!

Check this out what happened last night. I almost started freaking out because the glass would only come down so far then the ball would wedge in there and prevent the glass from coming down anymore. We ended up having to lift the front of the game up really high then while it was up I pulled the glass down as far as it would go then I slid it back up real quick to get the ball loose. I think the metal guard wires aren't adjusted up high enough or I think it would have prevented this from happening.

IMG_20170703_234218456 (resized).jpgIMG_20170703_234218456 (resized).jpg

#502 6 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

A rubber is NOT suppose to be there. Just the post.

I can't imagine how many drains there would be if they put a rubber on this post. But, yes same on mine as well and that's the way it's supposed to be.

#503 6 years ago

The assembly line for Dialed In was set up only 68 days ago. Games shipping full speed ahead and many have found their way into homes and businesses. Lots of high energy posts and excitement in this thread since then. Congrats to all Dialed In owners. Thanks Pat, Jack + the rest of the JJP team for making such a great game full of extra attention to detail and greatness. Their attitude and approach to their games is what makes them so awesome, similar to what made this country so great as well. This is a great year to be alive and celebrate.

#504 6 years ago
Quoted from pindude80:

I'll have to look at my TZ and see if it has that post, I don't remember it being there, but I could be wrong. I didn't think it was supposed to, but thought someone may have missed it at the factory.

TZ does have post there, and does use a rubber, FYI. that does not meant DI is supposed to, though.

#505 6 years ago
Quoted from pindude80:

Does anyone's machine have a rubber sleeve on this post? Mine doesn't, it looks like it is machined for one, but wasn't on there when I got the game..

Pretty sure this is intentional. The one we have has a naked post there, too. If it bothers you, a post sleeve might make it look nicer, but you definitely don't want rubber on it.

#506 6 years ago

There are so many funny little touches in this game. When you have a really bad ball and there's otherwise nothing to put on the bonus screen, you get a 500 point "Participation Bonus." That cracked me up. Everyone gets a trophy!

#507 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Pretty sure this is intentional. The one we have has a naked post there, too. If it bothers you, a post sleeve might make it look nicer, but you definitely don't want rubber on it.

I was thinking the same thing that rubber there would make bounce outs even worse. It looks a little weird, doesn't really bother me, but I'm definitely leaving it without a post sleeve since that is how Pat wanted it. Thanks to everyone that confirmed there is not supposed to be a sleeve there.

#508 6 years ago

I can't wait for a dialed in to land near me in the Los Angeles area!

#509 6 years ago

I did put a post rubber on mine when I first got it. The ball got stuck there. So I called and spoke with Jack, no rubber needed.

#510 6 years ago

My best score to date. Got to Armageddon. It was bad ass.

IMG_20170704_172709_492 (resized).jpgIMG_20170704_172709_492 (resized).jpg

#511 6 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

My best score to date. Got to Armageddon. It was bad ass.

Daaaaang!! That's a heck of a score, that game must have lasted a half hour! Is Armageddon after you go through all of the modes and collect all of the sim cards?

#512 6 years ago
Quoted from pindude80:

Daaaaa :thinking:ng!! That's a heck of a score, that game must have lasted a half hour! Is Armageddon after you go through all of the modes and collect all of the sim cards?

Once you go thru all the modes (you don't have to complete them nor collect all the sim cards) you get to Armageddon. The playfield turns really red. Cool as shit. Not sure what happens when u collect all the Sims.

#513 6 years ago

So there must be another wizard mode for collecting sims. If you beat all the modes you probably get Armageddon also but maybe much bigger jackpots or something?

#514 6 years ago

Theres another wizard mode called "Showdown" for collecting all of the sim cards. Joe completed it earlier today on the Pinball Done Quick stream. You can see the "Showdown" wizard mode from about around 9hr 52 min. He was playing for about 35 minutes with an end score of 10.2 million.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/156417080

#515 6 years ago

My friend just got His Dialed in Monday ( Mine arrives this week)
He has downloaded the Dialed in App on Android and Iphone and cannot seem to connect to the game with either.

Has anyone been able to use the Phone App to play the game as of recent ( mabye the app needs to be updated?)

Can not wait to get mine!

#516 6 years ago

App works on my iPhone
Blue tooth on?

Both left flippers for 5 secshould do it

#517 6 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

App works on my iPhone
Blue tooth on?
Both left flippers for 5 secshould do it

What version of iOS? On the current iOS release on a 6Plus, the app just crashes immediately and returns to the main phone screen.

EDIT:Nevermind. If you have the screen rotated into landscape already, it doesn't crash.

Can't get it to start with a game, though. App doesn't recognize the machine, and Bluetooth on phone shows no devices.

#518 6 years ago

My Bluetooth doesn't show it on devices

I just set it on glass over apron

iOS 10.3.2

#519 6 years ago

Does anyone have any suggestions about what to do when the ball gets stuck under the upper right flipper? Would a smaller rubber be better there or a larger one? I've thought about putting double rubbers on that post but not sure. I have the playfield protector so gravity doesn't just let the ball roll down once I play with the flipper a few times.

Any ideas other than cutting the playfield protector off which I'm not going to do. Thanks.

#520 6 years ago

As far as Bluetooth goes, Samsung phones don't work right now. IPhones do.

#521 6 years ago

Still can't get it to start holding the app left flipper and the machine left flipper with Iphone 6plus and iOS 10.3.2. I didn't see any Bluetooth test in the Dialed In settings to try.

However, about an hour after trying, both the main screen and the cell phone screen went black. Playfield attract mode was still working, but had to reboot to get video back. Not sure if these events were related.

#522 6 years ago
Quoted from aaronhicksuk:

Theres another wizard mode called "Showdown" for collecting all of the sim cards. Joe completed it earlier today on the Pinball Done Quick stream. You can see the "Showdown" wizard mode from about around 9hr 52 min. He was playing for about 35 minutes with an end score of 10.2 million.
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/156417080

Awesome ...so much depth to this game. Wonder if there is another wizard for beating all the modes ? Or another for spelling dialed in and getting threw/ beating the modes?

#523 6 years ago

I'm confused. Is "Armageddon" the final wizard mode?

#524 6 years ago

There are two "wizard modes" that I am aware of:

Armageddon Wizard Mode
After you have started all of the disaster modes (11 I believe), you can start "Armageddon" via the charged phone.

Dialed In Wizard Mode
Completing a mode lights the sim card shot. Making the sim card shot adds a letter to "Dialed In". There are a few other ways to light Dialed In letters. The second wizard mode can be started via collecting enough sim cards to light "Dialed In" and then ???.

Note: Someone commented earlier that the Pinball Done Quick video shows Joe getting to the Dialed In Wizard Mode (it was referred to as Showdown). I don't think Joe ever managed to spell Dialed In in its entirety and start that Wizard Mode in the videos that are posted for July 2 to 4 that I just reviewed this evening. I think what Joe started was Armageddon for having played all 11 disaster modes. Maybe there is a newer one that has been posted where he does spell Dialed In and get to that Wizard Mode?

Note 2: There may be other wizard modes as well. For example, maybe something different than Armageddon if one manages to Complete all 11 modes??? Maybe there is something for playing all six Crazy Bob modes??? Discovering rules still in progress...

#525 6 years ago

Tried it again tonight, and for some reason the app just started working. It still crashes if you don't start it with the phone in landscape orientation, but at least I got it to work.

#526 6 years ago
Quoted from iluvak9:

There are two "wizard modes" that I am aware of:
Dialed In Wizard Mode
Completing a mode lights the sim card shot. Making the sim card shot adds a letter to "Dialed In". There are a few other ways to light Dialed In letters. The second wizard mode can be started via collecting enough sim cards to light "Dialed In" and then ???.
Note: Someone commented earlier that the Pinball Done Quick video shows Joe getting to the Dialed In Wizard Mode (it was referred to as Showdown). I don't think Joe ever managed to spell Dialed In in its entirety and start that Wizard Mode in the videos that are posted for July 2 to 4 that I just reviewed this evening. I think what Joe started was Armageddon for having played all 11 disaster modes. Maybe there is a newer one that has been posted where he does spell Dialed In and get to that Wizard Mode?
Note 2: There may be other wizard modes as well. For example, maybe something different than Armageddon if one manages to Complete all 11 modes??? Maybe there is something for playing all six Crazy Bob modes??? Discovering rules still in progress...

Once all the sim cards have been collected then the "DIE" insert lights at the theatre to start "Showdown." It appears to be an untimed multiball wizard mode with a permanent ball saver. The player is fighting against Dialed In Electronics and 2 health bars appear on the screen. The player appears to lose health when a ball is drained and DIE loses health when a jackpot is scored, the shots appear similar to the main multiball with lots of incoming attacks etc.

Joe definitely collected all of the sim cards and then starts and completes the wizard mode by the slimmest of margins. Check the video out again, he collected the final sim card on 4th July just before 04:11 local time and starts the mode shortly after.

Here's the link to the video again: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/156417080

#527 6 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

As far as Bluetooth goes, Samsung phones don't work right now. IPhones do.

This is incorrect. Your Samsung Edge is a model that seems to have issues. We've successfully tested the app on Galaxy S6, S7 and Note 5.

Quoted from PinMonk:

Tried it again tonight, and for some reason the app just started working. It still crashes if you don't start it with the phone in landscape orientation, but at least I got it to work.

This crash is news to me. We'll look into it.

#528 6 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

My Bluetooth doesn't show it on devices
I just set it on glass over apron
iOS 10.3.2

Can you tell me what model of iPhone you have?

#529 6 years ago

Did anyone else realize that you can select which disaster to play with the flippers?? on the phone screen when the icons are showing

This is probably obvious to most but I just figured it out

BTW game is awesome!! Definitely leaves me wanting to play "just one more"

#530 6 years ago
Quoted from ngg:

Did anyone else realize that you can select which disaster to play with the flippers?? on the phone screen when the icons are showing
This is probably obvious to most but I just figured it out
BTW game is awesome!! Definitely leaves me wanting to play "just one more"

I actually just noticed this last night also, but didn't get a chance to try it out. I guess you just hit the flippers when the phone is lit to select which mode you want to play, an outline appears around it, then you go in the phone to start, does that sound right? I wonder if you can get to all the disasters or if you have to progress/unlock more of them. I think I have only seen the earthquake mode once or twice.

#531 6 years ago
Quoted from goren1818:

Also, go to the theatre device settings. I had to change my magnet delay to negative 60 to get the pulse to work. That's what the manual says to do

Thanks for bringing this up! I changed it in my settings and it's awesome!! It's explained a couple posts down from this, but it's under coil settings where you make the adjustment. I suggest others do it to unlock the super cool backwards ball toss in the theater; I was impressed.

#532 6 years ago

I was in NYC last week and played the Dialed In at Jackbar. I have an iPhone 6 and the app would crash a second after opening even after reinstalling and updating and restarting my phone. My friend has an iPhone 7 and he got the app to stay open but we could never get it to sync with the game. A guy at the bar (maybe the operator?) said he got it to work but we could never do it ourselves. Played great besides that, I played two different pre production games and this game felt great.

#533 6 years ago
Quoted from Pale_Purple:

I was in NYC last week and played the Dialed In at Jackbar. I have an iPhone 6 and the app would crash a second after opening even after reinstalling and updating and restarting my phone. My friend has an iPhone 7 and he got the app to stay open but we could never get it to sync with the game. A guy at the bar (maybe the operator?) said he got it to work but we could never do it ourselves. Played great besides that, I played two different pre production games and this game felt great.

You have to start the app in the correct landscape orientation (not portrait, not "upside down" landscape). Once I did that, I was able to start it and have it stay open.

#534 6 years ago
Quoted from dr_light:

Can you tell me what model of iPhone you have?

#535 6 years ago
#536 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

You have to start the app in the correct landscape orientation (not portrait, not "upside down" landscape). Once I did that, I was able to start it and have it stay open.

This is incorrect. It's a bug that so far has only been mentioned by you. It shouldn't matter which orientation your phone is in when you open the app. There is more likely some coincidental reason for the crash.

#537 6 years ago
Quoted from dr_light:

This is incorrect. It's a bug that so far has only been mentioned by you. It shouldn't matter which orientation your phone is in when you open the app. There is more likely some coincidental reason for the crash.

Pale Purple just described a crash with it, too. I think it's more likely that the reason you've heard nothing is so few people have actually tried the app so far than I'm the only one with the issue.

My iOS is up to date, phone is not that old (6 Plus). I got it working, so no big deal, but there's definitely a problem.

#538 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Pale Purple just described a crash with it, too. I think it's more likely that few people have tried it yet than I'm the only one with the issue.

His report mentioned nothing about the orientation of his phone. Perhaps I worded my post wrong. What I mean is if your crash really is related to the orientation of your phone, that particular issue has only been reported by you.

#539 6 years ago
Quoted from fuko:

1 question: my QED guy keeps dropping his lightning bolt. I finally put a dab of glue to tighten his grip, which was pretty nonexistent out of the box. Anyone else have this problem? Otherwise no problems. Loving this game!

Maybe this was already answered but I had the same issue OOB and I bent his arms in by pushing his hands together (not touching but close) with the bolt out and then wedged it in and it hasn't fallen out since. Make sure you put it in the correct way or it will stop the ball on the wireform.

#540 6 years ago
Quoted from dr_light:

His report mentioned nothing about the orientation of his phone. Perhaps I worded my post wrong. What I mean is if your crash really is related to the orientation of your phone, that particular issue has only been reported by you.

Well, he didn't know to do that. I only found that solution by trial and error. I bet if he turns his phone in landscape (both ways) one will load.

#541 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Well, he didn't know to do that. I only found that solution by trial and error. I bet if he turns his phone in landscape (both ways) one will load.

That would be interesting to find out.

#542 6 years ago
Quoted from bdaley6509:

Put money down on an LE today. Never played the game, but it looks fun.

Why would people down vote this post? I also ordered an LE never having played DI and it is a superb game. It is extremely fun and has quickly risen to the top of favorite games among my family and regular guests. I was wary about the theme and appearance but the game looks great in person and the theme is very enjoyable. It feels like a tongue-in-cheek hero similar to MM but of course set in a modern city with multiple disasters.

#543 6 years ago

I just downloaded the app, tried to open 3 times and it crashed each time. Turned the phone sideways and it opened, stayed open, and now opens every time regardless of orientation. Iphone 7+, current software.

Also, for the record, I do not own the game, nor have played it or synced the phone. was just checking it out.

#544 6 years ago
Quoted from CobraClutch:

I just downloaded the app, tried to open 3 times and it crashed each time. Turned the phone sideways and it opened, stayed open, and now opens every time regardless of orientation. Iphone 7+, current software.
Also, for the record, I do not own the game, nor have played it or synced the phone. was just checking it out.

What an odd bug. Thank you vireland and CobraClutch for reporting.

#545 6 years ago
Quoted from TRAMD:

Why would people down vote this post?

Ha I was one of them and it was a wrong click from my home most likely.

#546 6 years ago
Quoted from dr_light:

Thank you for fixing. It will be much less confusing for others when it doesn't do this.

#547 6 years ago
Quoted from dr_light:

Should I try this or is 7 edge is out of luck?

#548 6 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Should I try this or is 7 edge is out of luck?

I think someone said it doesn't work with Samsung Edge phones, period.

#549 6 years ago
Quoted from dr_light:

This is incorrect. Your Samsung Edge is a model that seems to have issues. We've successfully tested the app on Galaxy S6, S7 and Note 5.

I think someone said it doesn't work with Samsung phones, period.

Looks like I'm the lucky One!

#550 6 years ago

It's been noted it's the Samsung 7 Edge. So I'm the lucky one.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Sacramento, CA
7,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Salinas, CA
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Erie, CO
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

$ 22.50
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,489 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 30.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-assembly-line-set-up/page/11 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.