Topic Stats

• 14 posts
  • 14 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by hockeymag8
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 1 year ago

I was really looking forward to owning a JJP machine. Like many of us, I bailed on my preorder due to dissatisfaction with the disk and chest changes. But I still want a nice feature rich JJP.

I’m looking at Dialed In now. Anyone else? Any owners have feedback on the depth, features etc?

#2 1 year ago

We love it!! It’s our favorite pin. Definitely need to go try one out. You can buy a Dialed In now, enjoy it, then sell or trade towards POTC later.

#3 1 year ago

I did just that the other day. I had preordered a POTC LE, was very excited to get it and that after the recent changes decided to order a Dialed In LE instead. After everything I've read about Dialed In as well as playing both POTC LE (older prototype with original disks) and Dialed In LE I knew Dialed In was the right purchase for me at this time.

There's a few other reasons I went with Dialed In over POTC

1. The latest build Dialed In's come with all fixes / hardware tweaks versus early production games. Nearly all new pins go through some minor changes early on and its nice not having to deal with those headaches when spending $9k+ on new pin. Early build POTC games versus those made next year will likely have some minor differences. If I do get a POTC it will be a later production build game.

2. There's no need to be disappointed about a lack of certain assets with Dialed In. The lack of actor audio and actor video is still a complaint of mine with POTC. For $9500 a movie based pin should have all of the, or most, of the films assets. Dialed In is a completely original design and therefore no comprises had to be made anywhere in terms of audio and animations. The theme integration of Dialed In is some of the best I've seen in pinball.

3. After the recent POTC changes I feel like I'm getting more game with Dialed In LE for $500 less

4. I prefer Dialed In's ruleset design over that of POTC. The modes in Dialed In feel more substantial and better integrated with the theme then those in POTC. Every mode in Dialed In has it's own unique animations and callouts. In POTC there are 125 modes but they are not filled with audio lines from the movie and video clips (or unique animations). In POTC you are hitting character shots from one of the movies scenes and repeating that for all of the non multiball and non wizard modes. Since there are no actor audio and actor video assets in POTC I find it difficult to feel engrossed in the games world. I also find Dialed In's multiball modes to be more unique then those in POTC. The multiballs in POTC do not feel unique to each movie in my opinion as there are no assets to be used from them and as a result I think they are very similar.

#4 1 year ago

Favorite pin ever made by far.... fast, great flow, lots of shots, tons of magnets and action, great code and lots of neat features.

#5 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I’m looking at Dialed In now. Anyone else? Any owners have feedback on the depth, features etc?

I've played it on location pretty extensively. It's a fantastic experience. It's one of those games where you just can't help but smile when you play. It's infinitely interactive, and feels really good.

It's the first modern game that felt like it had all the love and character that Bally and William's put into their games back in the 90s.

#6 1 year ago

Under consideration which it hasn't been before.

Really like my woz and hobbit. I have limited room and 3 expensive games from same company seemed excessive. I have recently read the reviews and endorsements it's impressive.

#7 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I was really looking forward to owning a JJP machine. Like many of us, I bailed on my preorder due to dissatisfaction with the disk and chest changes. But I still want a nice feature rich JJP.

I'm in exactly the same boat. Just waiting a bit longer to see if JJP decides to "un-tweak" the game. I was set on my next game being a JJP also so DI is next in line should the pizza stay in the game.

#8 1 year ago

It's deep, it's easy for a beginner, hard for a veteran, it's Pat Lawlor. It's fun. And it's in production and available now with all the features.

#9 1 year ago

My all time favorite.

#10 1 year ago

Is it better to buy from a dealer or factory direct? Price seems the same.

#11 1 year ago

Dialed in fuckin rules. One of the best games of the decade.

#12 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Dialed in fuckin rules. One of the best games of the decade.

Are you crazy?.. wait never mind that was a stupid question.

#13 1 year ago
Quoted from projvulkn:

Is it better to buy from a dealer or factory direct? Price seems the same.

I’d say a (good) dealer is preferable because you will receive an additional layer of support (JJP will have your back either way), which I think adds significant value.

#14 1 year ago

Yep exact same boat. Was waiting on POTC and DI - after playing POTC was leaning toward DI only slightly. After the 2 changes to POTC clinched DI. Amazing game for me - but more importantly my fam and gf like it. All my others games are ok/good for them - DI they love and I enjoy that others like it as much as I do.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 21.00
$ 9,000.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 49.00
$ 50.00
$ 399.95
7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Fruitland Park, FL
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods
$ 87.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Machine - For Sale
Regina, SK
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Altoona, PA
Machine - For Sale
Kalamazoo, MI
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 9,000.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 239.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Tilttopper
$ 279.95
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 189.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside