(Topic ID: 230096)

Dialed In 1.57 & beyond what can I expect?

By Butch2099

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 31 posts
  • 20 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by ClarkKent
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Future of Dialed in ”

• Future's so bright I gotta wear shades 11 votes
    28%
  • It's about as good as it's going to get with some tweaks here and there 28 votes
    72%
  • Is there any Thanksgiving stuffing left? 0 votes

(Multiple choice - 39 votes)

#1 5 years ago

I had dialed in about a year ago and through various circumstances I ended up selling it. I loved the way it shot but the theme just wasn't doing it for me.

I recently got one back in a trade but find myself kind of where I was. Love the shots but feel that the game is so monotone. I haven't downloaded the 1.57 code yet.

I see Hobbit is at 3.0. Just wondering if anybody has any insight to what the future of this game is. (1.57 or beyond) Is it going to get any more exciting or better? I really haven't been following its progress since I sold mine.

Not looking to bash anybody or start a JJP versus Stern thing. Just honestly curious about the future of this particular game.

#2 5 years ago
Quoted from Butch2099:

I had dialed in about a year ago and through various circumstances I ended up selling it. I loved the way it shot but the theme just wasn't doing it for me.
I recently got one back in a trade but find myself kind of where I was. Love the shots but feel that the game is so monotone. I haven't downloaded the 1.57 code yet.
I see Hobbit is at 3.0. Just wondering if anybody has any insight to what the future of this game is. (1.57 or beyond) Is it going to get any more exciting or better? I really haven't been following its progress since I sold mine.
Not looking to bash anybody or start a JJP versus Stern thing. Just honestly curious about the future of this particular game.

What u see is what u get..maybe few bug fixes but thats it. Many absolutely love it and consider it a masterpiece including myself..... sounds like its not your cup of tea which is ok...i dont care for many top rated pins and its all a matter of tastes /opnion. I absolutely love playing hobbit now also but most hate it.

#3 5 years ago

1.57 is an awesome update but if you've already moved on, don't look back. It's still the same layout and goals.

#4 5 years ago

I’d say update the code and see what you think. 1.57 is def better than 1.52 was. I also happen to think the game is a masterpiece, and challenging to complete.

#5 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

1.57 is an awesome update but if you've already moved on, don't look back. It's still the same layout and goals.

Still plan on giving it more of a chance. Are there big differences between 1.50 and 1.57?
It just grates on me how monotone it is. Love the shots and toys

#6 5 years ago
Quoted from Butch2099:

Still plan on giving it more of a chance. Are there big differences between 1.50 and 1.57?

There's definitely alot more stuff in 1.57 over 1.50. New mb, callouts Sounds , lighting and even more stuff.

#8 5 years ago

Bob,

You should definitely do the update if you are below 1.56.
There are significant rules and scoring changes that really enhance the game.
Quantum Theatre Multiball is added in the update to 1.56 and there are further refinements in 1.57. The Theatre Hurryup’s (Drone, Transit, Spider, QED) now activate Theatre Modes after 2 (vs 3 Times). Starting all Theatre Modes twice readies Quantum Theatre Multiball.
There are new callouts and all Phone Modes now have videos. I think there are also new news lines on the ticker.
QTMB can stack with phone modes and crazy Bob modes and UA modes.

The humor is still dry and tongue in cheek. But there are some more “exciting” call outs as you progress through the game.

You really need to play it a bit with the new code.

Don’t be ‘crazy Bob’, give it a second chance!

Frank

#9 5 years ago
Quoted from Butch2099:

It’s definitely a more complete, refined game - but based on your comments, I wouldn’t go way out of my way to get the game - maybe it’s just not for you; that’s ok. There’s plenty of Sterns coming out seemingly every month!

#10 5 years ago

It's the same game. The update just fixes scoring for some bob modes and the multiballs. The rest of the updates won't be enough to sway you in the other direction (better phone graphics, new multiball mode, better sounds when pop bumpers upgrade, etc).

Your very first drawback is "the theme wasn't doing it for me". The theme is the same.

I love the game. I have it rated as my #1 of all time. To me, the theme is the creapiest one I've ever played. It's bright and cheery... or is it? Dialed In Electronics...... D.I.E.! The illuminati is used all over the place. The mysterious laugh when you drain a multiball and the disguised voices when talking to the enemy so they can hide their identity. The city is being destroyed so badly that you KNOW people are dying in the background.

But if you're not getting immersed in the story like I am, there's no way a new update is going to change anything for you personally.

#11 5 years ago

Had one . Sold it. Not looking back !

#12 5 years ago

Downloaded the new code and now find myself playing everyday. Its a great game for sure.

#13 5 years ago
Quoted from stretch2:

Had one . Sold it. Not looking back !

So weird. I thought I knew every DI owner on these forums. I had to look you up. In your 6 year history on these forums, this is the first time you've ever posted in a DI topic, and only the 2nd time you've ever mentioned anything remotely close to DI. Did you really own one? Or just play one?

#14 5 years ago
Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

So weird. I thought I knew every DI owner on these forums. I had to look you up. In your 6 year history on these forums, this is the first time you've ever posted in a DI topic, and only the 2nd time you've ever mentioned anything remotely close to DI. Did you really own one? Or just play one?

Stretch owns many games and then moves on. He's kind of like me in that way although he has me beat in activity. I'm sure he's owned one before.

As for me, many know I move on without a blink of an eye if the game isn't resonating. I've even had a game I really enjoyed for a week or two and then it just falls off for some reason. Example - I own a Shadow that I thought would be a keeper but it's just not lasting well in my rotation. Something about that games sound or uninteresting modes - so I'll prob move it over MB comes in.

Here's my point. DI is such an amazing long lasting extremely smooth shooting game today it's lasted in my cut throat rotation. I don't plan on moving it any time soon. The theme as another mentioned is kind of dark too which I love. Very sim cityish. I haven't played a final machine that shot this well before and I've played many.

OP the new code won't change your mind on it alone.

#15 5 years ago

Did you really do all this? Haha

#16 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Stretch owns many games and then moves on. He's kind of like me in that way although he has me beat in activity. I'm sure he's owned one before.
As for me, many know I move on without a blink of an eye if the game isn't resonating. I've even had a game I really enjoyed for a week or two and then it just falls off for some reason. Example - I own a Shadow that I thought would be a keeper but it's just not lasting well in my rotation. Something about that games sound or uninteresting modes - so I'll prob move it over MB comes in.
Here's my point. DI is such an amazing long lasting extremely smooth shooting game today it's lasted in my cut throat rotation. I don't plan on moving it any time soon. The theme as another mentioned is kind of dark too which I love. Very sim cityish. I haven't played a final machine that shot this well before and I've played many.
OP the new code won't change your mind on it alone.

Just curious...I know you rotate your collection a lot. What game has stayed the longest, and for how long?

#17 5 years ago

Why do haters always have to pop in and tell everyone in a thread about a specific title that they hate or dislike a pin? Bored or something?

#18 5 years ago

I've had the game from launch. I played it at the expo it was unveiled at and new right away I wanted to own it. The new code updates have been great! But, like earlier stated the theme is still the same. If you can't get over the theme I'm not sure code updates will sway you.

#19 5 years ago
Quoted from brucipher:

Just curious...I know you rotate your collection a lot. What game has stayed the longest, and for how long?

Dialed in, WoZ, Metallica, attack from Mars, Scared Stiff, Tron. I think a little less than a year is my longest. I'm slowing up if you can believe it as I'm now revisiting games/refining.

#20 5 years ago

Try v1.57, like others have said. Another small update is inbound, too - possibly this week.

I really enjoy chasing the theater modes to get to Quantum Theater Multiball. It adds another dimension to the game besides running through disasters, which I still find enjoyable.

It's a fantastic game, IMO.

#21 5 years ago

Sold my Dialed In. It’s a pin I’d definitely like to buy again one day. Hopefully there will be a few more updates to further improve an already great game.

#22 5 years ago

Liking 1.57 better. Love the flow & the toys. Maybe because I'm not getting deep enough into the game is why it seems just ok to me. I can complete a few disasters and get a SIM card & multiballs but haven't gotten to that next level. It has had me hitting the start button a lot. My trap door was stuck open (fixed now) maybe that was playing into my progressions.

#23 5 years ago
Quoted from Butch2099:

I got a nice shiny stern I will trade you even for!

#24 5 years ago

This is creepy...

#25 5 years ago
Quoted from brucipher:

Batman 66 2 years

#26 5 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

I got a nice shiny stern I will trade you even for!

Lol...Not giving up yet.. Plus I have most of the Shiny Sterns that I want to have at this point. I keep thinking this game is a widebody, the layout uses space so well..

#27 5 years ago

Bob, You need a JJP Pirates Le!

#28 5 years ago

I absolutely love Dialed In, but my wife is not a fan.. haha. It is very weird. When we are both in the basement playing, she will play Medieval Madness or Attack from Mars, but DI is my go to pin. She complains she doesn't understand what is going on versus the more simple gameplay of AFM or MM (bash saucer, bash castle gate). I think that is part of what I love about it, that there are so many ways to approach playing and scoring. That, and there is fairly deep game play. I have not gotten close to collecting all the SIM cards to spell Dialed In.. I think the best I have gotten is 5 or 6 letters in, nor have I seen Armageddon yet. Someday....

The 1.57 update was outstanding. I am really thrilled they finally put in the remaining animations for the phone.

#29 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Did you really do all this? Haha

Quoted from stretch2:

This is creepy...

Yeah I do from time to time check a post history. If there's something very insightful or an opinion way out of left field, I'll check the post history to see how credible or informed they are. In stretch2 case, I just didn't recognize the name yet the opinion was so powerful, even though he wanted one bad enough at one point to go out and buy it. I had to look that up.

I'm sure other people check post histories too. Sometimes you just wanna know more about the person who made you stop and think.

1 week later
#30 5 years ago

I just purchased Dialed In and all in on the fab and funny theme. The game has high energy and is on the upside of making you feel good, while making and taking the great satisfying shots found all over the place. The theme is great fun and the new codes adds to the flow of the game with better balancing. Light show is marvelous. Truly a masterpiece of a pinball game. When you watch others play it, they have smiles on their faces instead of frustration. What makes this game work on all levels; is that it is so approachable no matter your skill level. The new code enhances all areas. If you think of it as a “Get Smart” style of a theme, which has plenty of disasters happening, along with slap stick humor, think you’ll have more fun playing. Who doesn’t like Maxwell Smart and agent 99?

#31 5 years ago

As the disasters are like apps on a smartphone (and not drawn on the playfield) they could add more disasters in future. Why not! The non license theme would allow many additions and could freshen up the game after some years...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

7,275 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Olanta, PA
Flipper Parts
FlipMods

7,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Salinas, CA
Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Erie, CO
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-157-amp-beyond-what-can-i-expect- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.