B044A431-4A40-47D1-89FE-B7746EDF864B (resized).jpeg
4ECAC1ED-C4EA-4020-8725-37276A75BD0A (resized).jpeg
8C13E1B3-1A6F-444F-A282-D3624E4270A1 (resized).jpeg
FD64AB44-606E-4AC4-973B-65BFE068F179 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3876 (resized).JPG
2017-11-02 17.05.39.jpg
IMG_4713 (resized).JPG
IMG_20171101_180102 (resized).jpg
There are 277 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 6.
#1 6 years ago

Well 1.50 is up. 3.1 GIG of goodness.
http://www.jerseyjackpinball.com/support/

=== Game Code

+ Added Test Report message for BT dongle not present
* Updated some choreography for Chaos in Quantum City mode
+ Added design team selfies in attract mode
* Added some new graphics and sound effects
* Fixed Crazy Mode display effects hanging around during wizard modes

=== Core Code

+ Added check for switches stuck closed/open at power up
+ Added check for any opto switch working at power up; multiball devices will
not kick if no opto switch working
+ Added display message at power up if Test Report error detected
* Trough will abandon kicking after a while
+ Added check for all trough switches closed (including jam); trough will not
kick when this condition detected (likely a failure of the trough board);
game will not start during this condition, and a Trough Error message is
displayed
* Multiball devices will abandon kicking with coin door open now; abandoned
devices will kick when door is closed
* Turned on Test Report "dot" Paid Play preset

==============================================================================
== Version 1.46T October 20, 2017 ==

=== Game Code

* Fixed a crash in attract mode that occurred after taking a high score picture
* Fixed "player up" display for Reserved Ball setting
* Fixed Under Attack MB incoming call after Chaos MB, Armageddon, and Showdown
* Fixed newscaster sometimes talking over himself
* Fixed old photos of a player carrying over to next game
* Fixed Last Game scores not showing all players in attract mode
* Fixed double scoring of bonus when bonus count is short-circuited
* Fixed score pushed to phone before bonus applied on last ball
* No longer display "Lock/Extra Ball/Special is Lit" at end of ball
* Turned off Daily High Scores for COIN-OP preset

=== Core Code

* Fixed displays sometimes go black when restarting a game

== Version 1.45 October 11, 2017 ==

- KNOWN ISSUE: Crash/reset in attract mode after taking a high score photo.

=== Game Code

+ Added "rough cut" of Chaos in Quantum City mode (available after six
Disaster Modes + 1 multiball)
+ Added support for Collectors Edition topper lamp
+ Added operators manual
* Turned off extra ball score award setting
* Added delay to opening trap door when left loop is made
* Fixed SIM Card carryover setting
* Fixed logic for marking moving target bad when it fails to initialize

== Version 1.40 September 18, 2017 ==

- KNOWN ISSUES:
High Score photo will crash game if face not detected.
High Score photo does not work correctly with multi-player games.
(Photo of wrong player is displayed/saved for players 2-4.)

- IMPORTANT: The smartphone app has been updated to work with this release.
Previous versions of the phone app will not work with this or later
releases of of game software.

=== Game Code

+ Added option to take player photos for High Score
* Improved operation of camera when unplugging/re-plugging
* Major re-work of Bluetooth connectivity code
* Fixed Left Orbit/Trap Door scoring interaction
+ Added some display, lamp, and sound/music effects
* Balanced and/or re-worked scoring in lots of areas
+ Added Grouped LED Test
* Showdown can now be played more than once in the same game
+ Added a Phone "overcharge" rule
* Changed some display effects to disallow short-circuiting via flippers
+ Added Enter Initials for Armageddon, High Voltage, Monkey Wrench, Drones Gone
Wild, and Combo champs
* Fixed Combo shot logic
* Moved Light Extra Ball to 35th Combo
* Implemented competition mode for some normally random things
+ Added adjustment to always show mode timers on main display (defaults to
MB only)

=== Core Code

* Fixed a drain/tilt condition that could cause a game to hang
* Suppress knocker when Match is skipped via start button (on free play only)

#2 6 years ago

I only see the full install code. Does this upgrade require a full install?

#4 6 years ago

i didn't realize there had been updates previous to this, in the last month or so. i thought this was the first update since before summer.

#5 6 years ago
Quoted from bigehrl:

i didn't realize there had been updates previous to this, in the last month or so. i thought this was the first update since before summer.

It it, publicly anyways

#6 6 years ago

Viewing update :

"note that the full update sometimes appears on one of the smaller screens (Theater or Phone) instead of the main screen. This is because the displays don't always initialize in the same order.

While it looks pretty weird, the update will complete successfully and the game boots up just fine when power cycled after the update.

--Ted"

On my game it was in the theater and backwards because of the mirror. It worked. Back up your settings and reinstall them after the update.

LTG : )

#8 6 years ago

It’s the first released software since production began. Others were not released on our site.

#9 6 years ago

ahhh, ok. i got thrown off by the read me showing updates prior, but those must've been during beta.

#10 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Back up your settings and reinstall them after the update.

Just to clarify, he means you backup your settings BEFORE installing the update, and then restore them after your game is updated.

#11 6 years ago
Quoted from bigehrl:

ahhh, ok. i got thrown off by the read me showing updates prior, but those must've been during beta.

Yes. Versions 1.40, 1.45, and 1.46T were all beta releases. We change the revision number any time there's a software version that goes outside the company.

#12 6 years ago
Quoted from moonduckie78:

Just to clarify, he means you backup your settings BEFORE installing the update, and then restore them after your game is updated.

anyone have a link to instructions on how to backup the settings?

#13 6 years ago

First change I noticed is the initial Attract Mode RGB lighting pattern is very reminiscent of the rainbow WOZ Attract Mode lighting.

#14 6 years ago
Quoted from pindude80:

Page B-46 in the manual

#15 6 years ago

Page B-46 in the manual

I never received a manual for my DILE, I assume I can look it up in the software? Come to think of it, it's been a little while since I looked, but I don't think the digital version of the manual is on my game. I'll have to look again tonight.

#16 6 years ago

Free download from JJP site. The manual too

#17 6 years ago

First change I noticed is the initial Attract Mode RGB lighting pattern is very reminiscent of the rainbow WOZ Attract Mode lighting.

U will be pleased with all the new stuff......

#18 6 years ago
Quoted from pindude80:

Pretty simple. I use a separate memory stick than the one with the download.

Game turned on - plug in memory stick into USB cable by cash box ( unplug phone adapter and remember to put that back in when you are all done ) go to Utilities - Settings Back up - do what the screen says. Unplug memory stick. After the update is in. Plug memory stick back in. Go to Utilities - Settings Restore, do what the screen says. When done remove the memory stick.

#19 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Game turned on - plug in memory stick into USB cable by cash box ( unplug phone adapter and remember to put that back in when you are all done ) go to Utilities - Settings Back up - do what the screen says. Unplug memory stick. After the update is in. Plug memory stick back in. Go to Utilities - Settings Restore, do what the screen says. When done remove the memory stick.

awesome, thanks for the step by step directions. Looking forward to checking out the new code.

#20 6 years ago

Can n you preserve high scores this way? Love code updates but hate losing all our hard work each time.

#21 6 years ago
Quoted from wxforecaster:

Can n you preserve high scores this way?

Yes, backing up settings before updating should save them.

#22 6 years ago

Can n you preserve high scores this way? Love code updates but hate losing all our hard work each time.

i'd suggest resetting HSTD anyway. w the changes in scoring and so on, the old scores will be incomparable.

#23 6 years ago
Quoted from bigehrl:

i'd suggest resetting HSTD anway. w the changes in scoring and so on, the old scores will be incomparable.

In many cases yes, but in some cases code updates are for mechanical, auditing and menu, lighting and other non scoring issues.

Thanks Lloyd!

#24 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Thanks LTG. What are you referring to with unplugging phone adapter and putting it back in? The USB slot is empty, so I don't understand what the phone adapter is

#25 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballkyle:

Thanks LTG. What are you referring to with unplugging phone adapter and putting it back in? The USB slot is empty, so I don't understand what the phone adapter is

there should be a little usb bluetooth dongle their

#26 6 years ago

Yup you can use that extension cable or any empty USB port on the motherboard

#27 6 years ago

There were some pretty big scoring changes/rebalances between 1.13 and any newer version.

#28 6 years ago

Updated and now the screen looks like garbage. Resetting made it better but it went from too little blue to too much blue...

IMG_20171101_180102 (resized).jpgIMG_20171101_180102 (resized).jpg

#29 6 years ago

Code changed alot of the scoring so u sld reset them anyway imo....

#30 6 years ago

Had a hell of a time getting the USB thumb stick to show up in unetbootin on my mac - finally found this gem via the googles:

"I figured out if you rename the USB stick to FAT32 and format via Disk Utility to MS-DOS (FAT) with GUID scheme, the name shows up in unetbootin."

And that worked. Go figure. I had tried that format/scheme, but not with that name. Wacky.

#31 6 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Had a hell of a time getting the USB thumb stick to show up in unetbootin on my mac - finally found this gem via the googles:
"I figured out if you rename the USB stick to FAT32 and format via Disk Utility to MS-DOS (FAT) with GUID scheme, the name shows up in unetbootin."
And that worked. Go figure. I had tried that format/scheme, but not with that name. Wacky.

Oh man, dealing with that RIGHT NOW! Just decided to load up my old PC laptop

#32 6 years ago

Couldn't get the update to transfer on my MAC, so moved over to my older PC and did the downloads.. seemed to work, but now after installing 1.50 my game goes into a ball search when I hit search for about 1 second before it freezes. I downloaded the code and UNebootin 2X and installed again and no luck. Same exact thing.

As a loss here.

#33 6 years ago
Quoted from Khabbi:

Couldn't get the update to transfer on my MAC, so moved over to my older PC and did the downloads.. seemed to work, but now after installing 1.50 my game goes into a ball search when I hit search for about 1 second before it freezes. I downloaded the code and UNebootin 2X and installed again and no luck. Same exact thing.
As a loss here.

I think I will hold off on doing this update on location for a few days then - I don't want to run into issues on a game that's working well.

#34 6 years ago
Quoted from Khabbi:

As a loss here.

While waiting on your ticket, please try a different memory stick. I use PNY 16GB ones. They can be fussy about size or some brands of memory sticks.

#35 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballkyle:

I think I will hold off on doing this update on location for a few days then - I don't want to run into issues on a game that's working well.

Keep me updated.

#36 6 years ago

Ok it appears that I am not getting High Power. Lloyd is there something I may have dislodged while in the coin door area? I checked the most obvious thing, the disconnect that activates when the coin door is open and that does not fix it.

#37 6 years ago
Quoted from Khabbi:

Lloyd is there something I may have dislodged while in the coin door area?

I'd lift the playfield and look around the underside of the playfield around the ball trough, maybe even reseat the ball trough opto boards. Maybe brushed something messing with the USB cable, and look around the left side of the coin box, follow any wires around, to see if anything came loose.

The high power interlock switch - see if it's connectors came loose. And try a game with the coin door open and it pulled out - maybe the flap sin't pushing it closed enough ? anything like the coin door harness get between the metal flap on the coin door and the switches for memory and high power ?

#38 6 years ago

Ok I'm getting zero High Power and that appears to be the problem. It can't ball search since it can't fire anything. I'm not sure what the first few clicks are that sound like coils, but they aren't.

Very odd. Game was working 100% before update installed, nothing touched besides in the coin door area getting the USB drive in and out. .

Vid #1, ball was stuck up top and that's why it was doing a ball search. Video #2 all balls in trough, no high power working.

#39 6 years ago
Quoted from Khabbi:

I'm getting zero High Power and that appears to be the problem.

Did we blow a fuse ?

Did you leave coin door open and pull out high power interlock switch to enable it ?

#40 6 years ago
Quoted from Khabbi:

Ok I'm getting zero High Power and that appears to be the problem. It can't ball search since it can't fire anything. I'm not sure what the first few clicks are that sound like coils, but they aren't.
Very odd. Game was working 100% before update installed, nothing touched besides in the coin door area getting the USB drive in and out. .
Vid #1, ball was stuck up top and that's why it was doing a ball search. Video #2 all balls in trough, no high power working.
» YouTube video
» YouTube video

can you downgrade back to 1.13?

#41 6 years ago
Quoted from Khabbi:

» YouTube video
» YouTube video

Is it possible there is a different code that would be needed for his Standard Dialed In?

#42 6 years ago

My system is not reading that the USB stick with 1.5 is in. When i turn on the machine with the stick in, it loads to a screen referrring to 1.5, and asks me to select it using the up and down arrows, but it wont let me select anything when i use the arrows. Then it fails to find any update, or that the usb stick is even plugged in. I put The pre-existing USB stick with 1.13 on it, and it runs on that version fine.
thoughts?

#43 6 years ago

Updated code on my game (LE) didn’t have any issues. Had to reset my theater magnet back to -105, default is -80. Played a few games, didn’t notice too much, a few different sounds and screens, maybe some different lights. Need more time on it. Major thing I did notice is that Betty’s diverter is in the down position a lot more, it had been up most of the time in the old code.

#44 6 years ago

Has anyone updated a Dialed In Standard successfully? (For my buddy Khabbi)

#46 6 years ago
Quoted from Join_The_Cirqus:

Is it possible there is a different code that would be needed for his Standard Dialed In?

No.

Try a different memory stick. I've had good success with PYN 16GB nothing else on it, format to fat32. Load it to memory stick using unetbootin

#47 6 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Had to reset my theater magnet back to -105

Back up your settings before updating and then restore them after.

#49 6 years ago

I updated my LE tonight with no problem.

#50 6 years ago

Done with no problems at all.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball

Flipper Parts
FlipMods

$ 22.50
7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Martinez, GA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

Lighting - Led
Lermods

7,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Carlisle, PA
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Sacramento, CA
7,275 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Olanta, PA
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 277 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-150-code-and-bugs?hl=thegeekyhusband and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.