B044A431-4A40-47D1-89FE-B7746EDF864B (resized).jpeg
4ECAC1ED-C4EA-4020-8725-37276A75BD0A (resized).jpeg
8C13E1B3-1A6F-444F-A282-D3624E4270A1 (resized).jpeg
FD64AB44-606E-4AC4-973B-65BFE068F179 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3876 (resized).JPG
2017-11-02 17.05.39.jpg
IMG_4713 (resized).JPG
IMG_20171101_180102 (resized).jpg
There are 277 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 6.
#251 6 years ago

So apparently the Dialed In app doesnt work with the Pixel 1 android phone? Thats what Im hearing from other owners. Super bummer. It being the flagship android phone.

#252 6 years ago
Quoted from DrStarkweather:

So apparently the Dialed In app doesnt work with the Pixel 1 android phone? Thats what Im hearing from other owners. Super bummer. It being the flagship android phone.

You aren't missing anything, it's just a gimmick and the novelty wears off after one play. I never use my phone to play di and never will.

#253 6 years ago

Does anyone try the bluetooth thing more than once? I don't see the point beyond the gimmick.

Maybe someone will come up with an idea that makes sense and can be fun, but just a flipper remote isn't really it.

#254 6 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Maybe someone will come up with an idea that makes sense and can be fun, but just a flipper remote isn't really it.

What do the other 2 buttons do? The Big Bang button and the... I dunno whatever the other one is.

#255 6 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Does anyone try the bluetooth thing more than once? I don't see the point beyond the gimmick.

Instant Big Bang is enough for me. BOOM

#256 6 years ago

What do the other 2 buttons do? The Big Bang button and the... I dunno whatever the other one is.

The big bang can be activated once you have hit the target just near the left ramp enough.
The green button is to launch the ball

#257 6 years ago

Instant Big Bang is a _big_ advantage, but connecting the app (and having a phone charger nearby) is a nuisance. I've considered just adding a user-accessible button somewhere, in parallel with the BIG BANG standup switch, just to duplicate the app effect without having to bother with the app.

#258 6 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

Instant Big Bang is enough for me. BOOM

I feel like I am cheating when activating the Big Bang this way. So I don't do it. Agree that the Bluetooth is a gimmick but does make sense if you are assisting a younger pinballer get longer ball times.

#259 6 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

I feel like I am cheating when activating the Big Bang this way. So I don't do it. Agree that the WiFi is a gimmick but does make sense if you are assisting a younger pinballer get longer ball times.

Bluetooth. Not wifi.

#260 6 years ago
Quoted from JWJr:

Instant Big Bang is a big_ advantage, but connecting the app (and having a phone charger nearby) is a nuisance. I've considered just adding a user-accessible button somewhere, in parallel with the BIG BANG standup switch, just to duplicate the app effect without having to bother with the app.

That is a nice idea to have Big Bang as a "smart bomb" in a mode to end is succesfully. Should not be a problem to add abutton to the lockbar .... very nice idea ...

#261 6 years ago
Quoted from TomDK:

That is a nice idea to have Big Bang as a "smart bomb" in a mode to end is succesfully. Should not be a problem to add abutton to the lockbar .... very nice idea ...

Seems to me adding a Big Bang Button is like playing with the glass off.

#262 6 years ago

I dunno, I can hit the Big Bang target maybe 85% of the times I try. Sim Card scoop on the other hand... does 0% count? That shot is impossible.

#263 6 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

Seems to me adding a Big Bang Button is like playing with the glass off.

C´mon ... dont be so hard .... if you press the button on the phone, on the lockbar or a switch in the game .... it will not fasten to get the ultimate wizzard mode .... I am on 3.4 million points .. that means far away from the final ....

1 week later
#264 6 years ago

Some random kudos:

1. The new "Last ball" legend in BALLS IN RESERVE mode is excellent.

2. I'm not sure when the "number of balls locked" hidden indicator came into being, but I just discovered it.

3. I love "CHAOS" mode, except in a dark room when the last two balls drain simultaneously.

Some random suggestions:

1. Could there be a setting to disable the Bluetooth? I've had to remove the dongle due to interference with other Bluetooth devices in my home, and I'd prefer to not see the "PRESS ENTER" message at random times to have it tell me it's not there.

2. Could the selfie pix for the high scores for "HIGH VOLTAGE", "DRONES GONE WILD", "MONKEY WRENCH" be moved to the _lower_ left corner, instead of the upper left? Where they are, they block part of the category name; since all are (at max) 2-digit values, there's no chance of blocking anything if the pix were in the lower location. (I wouldn't recommend this for "ARMAGEDDON", as the first scoring digit might be blocked.)

Thanks again, JJP folk, for a fabulous game!

#265 6 years ago
Quoted from JWJr:

Some random kudos:
2. I'm not sure when the "number of balls locked" hidden indicator came into being, but I just discovered it.

Where is this?

#266 6 years ago

The green stripes on the roof of "STATION 3" on the backglass. When no balls are locked, the stripes are all dark green; when at least one ball is locked, the stripes flash a lighter green in a little race pattern, and then stop momentarily, with the number of stripes "lit" being the number of balls locked.

Very subtle, very cool.

#267 6 years ago

Speaking of STATION 3:

2017-12-22 14.01.09 (resized).jpg2017-12-22 14.01.09 (resized).jpg

Grrrr...

I've had this happen on the _other_ side of the 'trail as well. I need to think up something cool to attach to the back of the cover to steer these back onto the ramp.

#268 6 years ago

They should make the software adapt to different times of the year by using the in game date/time. Especially around holidays. Xmas would have snow, lights, Xmas theme around the city. Maybe the city is under snow and there could be a mode to help clear it out.

Even in attract mode it would have a certain holidays showcased. (Xmas, Halloween, Thanksgiving, 4th of July, Easter, ST Patty day, etc.)

And it would be really cool when the game is in attract mode the camera would ID you or your family/friends when walking by and say something nice or play a favorite song, etc.

#269 6 years ago

It's only pinball!

rudy (resized).jpgrudy (resized).jpg

#270 6 years ago
Quoted from PiperPinball:

They should make the software adapt to different times of the year by using the in game date/time. Especially around holidays. Xmas would have snow, lights, Xmas theme around the city. Maybe the city is under snow and there could be a mode to help clear it out.

Even in attract mode it would have a certain holidays showcased. (Xmas, Halloween, Thanksgiving, 4th of July, Easter, ST Patty day, etc.)

As someone who is in computer animation and video. You just quadrupled the size of the code and doubled the amount of work JP would have to put into the graphics.

#271 6 years ago

As someone who is in computer animation and video. You just quadrupled the size of the code and doubled the amount of work JP would have to put into the graphics.

Depends on how deep they go. Changing some news text and throwing a frame around the existing animation is probably more reasonable. Maybe a snow filter over the graphics if it didn't look terrible.

Throw that in with a custom attract for a few major holidays (quick animation and light board flash) and it wouldn't be a terrible amount of work.

All of that said I am not sure that is work you are getting paid for. I'm curious if anyone thinks holiday themed attracts would draw a few more quarters at the bar-cade.

I think a much cooler use of time would be to create a basic framework for not only a custom attract image but a custom animation/light show you can upload. That is something that could be pushed to all of their machines (assuming a roughly similar software framework) and would effectively crowd source a huge list of animations and images. It could even be a precursor to a framework for custom modes. Smart money is on a pin-ball app store rolling out for these more general purpose platforms (PCs with USB light boards). There could be free to download modules as well some market for custom work. The question is if JJP or Stern do it first. JJP has a better platform for it.

I'm sure the real trouble is in the legalities around someone adding a mode to a licensed IP (even if they couldn't use any IP specifically). I could imagine some additional legal challenges given these go into commercial environments vs. HUO.

#272 6 years ago

I dunno if this is a software issue or a hardware issue:

Is anyone else seeing the results from Crazy Bob modes being displayed twice? For example, Selfie mode will end, I'll see the screen that shows hits and scores, and then a couple seconds later the score will show again (perhaps even with an updated count/score). I'm wondering if this is a software glitch (happens on all 3 bob modes) or if it might be indicative of a trough problem?

#273 6 years ago
Quoted from attack7777:

I dunno if this is a software issue or a hardware issue:
Is anyone else seeing the results from Crazy Bob modes being displayed twice? For example, Selfie mode will end, I'll see the screen that shows hits and scores, and then a couple seconds later the score will show again (perhaps even with an updated count/score). I'm wondering if this is a software glitch (happens on all 3 bob modes) or if it might be indicative of a trough problem?

Yes, I've seen this, especially on Selfie mode where I'm paying more attention.

5 months later
#276 5 years ago

^^^ What He Said! ^^^

#277 5 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

^^^ What He Said! ^^^

Seconded!!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Led
Lermods

7,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Salinas, CA
Electronics
Skillshot Combo

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Flipper Parts
FlipMods

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 3.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball

5,640 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Worcester, MA
7,275 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Olanta, PA
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

$ 22.50
7,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Carlisle, PA
There are 277 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-150-code-and-bugs/page/6?hl=poup and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.