B044A431-4A40-47D1-89FE-B7746EDF864B (resized).jpeg
4ECAC1ED-C4EA-4020-8725-37276A75BD0A (resized).jpeg
8C13E1B3-1A6F-444F-A282-D3624E4270A1 (resized).jpeg
FD64AB44-606E-4AC4-973B-65BFE068F179 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3876 (resized).JPG
2017-11-02 17.05.39.jpg
IMG_4713 (resized).JPG
IMG_20171101_180102 (resized).jpg

There are 277 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 6.
#201 6 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Is the theatre during EMP strike supposed to just release the ball back to the playfield? I'm getting SDTM without a severe shove. Once in a while, the theatre magnet will throw it back to the side flipper, but it mostly just releases it during this mode. My guess is that the designers made release it this way so that the lower magnets would hopefully divert the ball from causing a SDTM, but they only do this maybe 1/5 times, if that. Is this just poor code/design or a bug?

Unless you have something else also lit (like a mystery package), the magnet should just drop the ball during EMP.

#202 6 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

1. What is the purpose of the four LEDs directly in front of the lockdown bar? I thought maybe these were for tilt warnings, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Was for phone syncing, now just to look pretty.

Quoted from Tranquilize:

Is the theatre during EMP strike supposed to just release the ball back to the playfield? I'm getting SDTM without a severe shove. Once in a while, the theatre magnet will throw it back to the side flipper, but it mostly just releases it during this mode. My guess is that the designers made release it this way so that the lower magnets would hopefully divert the ball from causing a SDTM, but they only do this maybe 1/5 times, if that. Is this just poor code/design or a bug?

With the EMP mode, it stops the ball then releases it, it does not throw it back up and around like other modes.

#203 6 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

I'm getting SDTM without a severe shove.

Your game isn't levelled correctly. A drop from the theatre magnet should just graze your left flipper tip.

#204 6 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

1. What is the purpose of the four LEDs directly in front of the lockdown bar? I thought maybe these were for tilt warnings, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Not sure what all these four lights are for but they do act as a flash when the camera starts taking pics.

#205 6 years ago

Thanks for the responses. I do get the theatre release hitting the flippers all other times. It only seems to be during EMP that I get SDTM.

I guess I shouldn't have written that I didn't have any glitches with my install because now I have a big one. I only played the game one session after the install. When I started up the game today, the phone was displayed without orange.

Here is a pic of the phone after a fresh install (normal):
Normal Dialed-in PhoneNormal Dialed-in Phone

Here is the most common color cast I'm getting after a restart, without orange hues:
Bad Color PhoneBad Color Phone

Here is a really bad one that I've had a few times I boot the machine:
Horrible Color PhoneHorrible Color Phone

Anyone know what might be causing this? It goes back to normal after another fresh install, but reverts to crap color after a restart. I've done this five times now. : (

If I can't find a solution, is the old code posted online somewhere?

Thanks.

EDIT: I did add a custom photo to the big screen, and I'm not sure if this problem with the phone was there before or after. I have not added the photo since, but I doubt it would affect the phone... Just thought I'd add that.

#206 6 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

I updated to 1.50 with an old 8gb thumb drive without any glitches.
Can anyone answer the following questions for me?
2. Is the theatre during EMP strike supposed to just release the ball back to the playfield? I'm getting SDTM without a severe shove. Once in a while, the theatre magnet will throw it back to the side flipper, but it mostly just releases it during this mode. My guess is that the designers made release it this way so that the lower magnets would hopefully divert the ball from causing a SDTM, but they only do this maybe 1/5 times, if that. Is this just poor code/design or a bug?

2. I never once get SDTM off the magnet release. Game is perfectly level and always hits tip of left flipper.

#207 6 years ago

Well, for anyone nervous about updating to 1.50, I decided to do it tonight, and everything was fine and my game has been playing fine.

The new updated stuff stands out and the game is more fun than ever.

#208 6 years ago
Quoted from Waldo:

Recently after updating while playing. All my screens went blank. Had to cycle power. Hasn’t happened again.

Had the same thing hit me today shortly after updating. I was playing with the iOS app if that matters.

#209 6 years ago
Quoted from Vesper:

Had the same thing hit me today shortly after updating. I was playing with the iOS app if that matters.

Me too. Looks like a bug. But both times it happened I just waited and the system rebooted itself.

#210 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinballpal:

Now they were 3. I just got off the phone with tech support. We are going to be doing some trouble shooting when they email me back.

Okay,
I connected an active set of active Logitec computer speakers
directly to the DI computer. The sound is much much better !

That means:

- the tuner pcb is broken or
- the speaker are bad (unlikely, will test to plug in the pc speakers to the amplifier baord) ) or
- the cables are bad (they look pretty cheap) or
- EMP due the cables and speakers are right next to the computer
maybe ferrite will help ... I will check that

I also informed JJP tech team.

A friend of mine had this with aftermarket speakers where the membrane from one speaker went loose. He glued it and okay .. also an option .. that means while playing unplugging one speaker after the other.

#211 6 years ago
Quoted from TomDK:

Okay,
That means:
- the speaker are bad (unlikely, will test to plug in the pc speakers to the amplifier baord) ) or
A friend of mine had this with aftermarket speakers where the membrane from one speaker went loose. He glued it and okay .. also an option .. that means while playing unplugging one speaker after the other.

Do you have a ground loop isolator on it? If not, that would be worth trying.

#212 6 years ago
Quoted from Vesper:

If memory serves I was messing around with the app then as well.

#213 6 years ago
Quoted from TomDK:

Okay,
That means:

A lot of us have issues so it will be interesting what is causing it. Lots say it's the update. I'd like to know if anyone has perfect sound as after the update its definitely not always clear and clipping occurs frequently.

My guess is there should be a fix.

#214 6 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

I'd like to know if anyone has perfect sound as after the update its definitely not always clear and clipping occurs frequently.

"Clipping" is the word I'd use to describe it as well. It's an audio mix issue, and some sounds are creating that audible distortion.

I definitely notice it more with the latest update. This is not game breaking and I'm sure can easily be adjusted in a future update.

#215 6 years ago

My sounds is clipping a lot and seems inconsistent across the board. Effects will be very loud and music low and then it switches around. I;ve look at the speaker connections and everything seems fine. Wondering if it's a wider problem?

#216 6 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

My sounds is clipping a lot and seems inconsistent across the board. Effects will be very loud and music low and then it switches around. I;ve look at the speaker connections and everything seems fine. Wondering if it's a wider problem?

Mine was fine before the update. I think its the update and wish it would get fixed

#217 6 years ago

Some great new music and lighting in 1.50 at some point I hope they ditch the “Crazy” call out and lose the emoji music.

#218 6 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Some great new music and lighting in 1.50 at some point I hope they ditch the “Crazy” call out and lose the emoji music.

Completely disagree on the crazy callout. It's the best.

#219 6 years ago

Both my dialed In and The Hobbit have the audio clipping. This appears to be a JJP thing that they should be able to figure out in the programming. Seems like audio clips stepping on each other instead of waiting their turn. I wonder if WOZ does this too. Anyone out there have a WOZ who can report back on this?

#220 6 years ago

I also hear cabinet vibration from bass frequencies when I was volume over 25... anyone else ?

#221 6 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

Both my dialed In and The Hobbit have the audio clipping. This appears to be a JJP thing that they should be able to figure out in the programming. Seems like audio clips stepping on each other instead of waiting their turn. I wonder if WOZ does this too. Anyone out there have a WOZ who can report back on this?

Stepping on each other is okay as long as the output is regulated so the product of the two or more sound bits don't exceed the maximum and clip. That's not happening, but it could be fixed in software.

#222 6 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

I have no sound issues on my di but my buddy had a simmilar issue on his hobbit and it ended up being a loose connector.

#223 6 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

I have no sound issues on my di but my buddy had a simmilar issue on his hobbit and it ended up being a loose connector.

I have issues after the update. I checked the cables and that's not it. I think some of us who have played it on the older code notice it now as it is different now on 1.5. I think way too many of us have these issues.

Someone should grab the audio and post what we are talking about.

#224 6 years ago

Installed 1.50 fine. Just having problems with connecting with the App. Left flipper being pressed on both after I start a game. The app just sits on 'connecting to dialed-in'. Any ideas?

#225 6 years ago

Did you erase the previous app and download the newest ?

LTG : )

#226 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Did you erase the previous app and download the newest ?

I never even had the old app. Game is brand new as of this week. To be thorough, I deleted and re-downloaded anyway. Still no luck. It gets past 'Searching' but just sits on 'Connecting'.

#227 6 years ago

Is your bluetooth dongle present? It has been reported as missing in some games.

#228 6 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

Seems like audio clips stepping on each other instead of waiting their turn.

I asked Ted about this, he said they did this on purpose, so it sounds like the newscaster is in the background when something else is going on. I don't like it, but he hasn't gotten any other complaints/comments that I know about.

#229 6 years ago
Quoted from DrStarkweather:

I never even had the old app. Game is brand new as of this week. To be thorough, I deleted and re-downloaded anyway. Still no luck. It gets past 'Searching' but just sits on 'Connecting'.

Check your usb extension cable isn't half hanging out of the bottom of the computer in the backbox, mine was and another UK owner who received his machine at the same time. Someone was a bit keen when tidying the cables with cable ties.

#230 6 years ago
Quoted from johninc:

I asked Ted about this, he said they did this on purpose, so it sounds like the newscaster is in the background when something else is going on. I don't like it, but he hasn't gotten any other complaints/comments that I know about.

I'm totally cool with it as long as they fix what seems to be clipping. There's no excuse for clipping in essentially a PC game in 2017. Regardless of whatever retarded levels users or operators put on the setup screen, the software should manage overall combined level output constantly before it's sent to the sound output to make sure it's not past the threshold of clipping. This is not rocket science.

#231 6 years ago

So, it looks like my phone has gotten blurry and washed out now. I've already power cycled and it's not getting better. The count down during modes can barely be seen. Any ideas?

20171125_190616 (resized).jpg20171125_190616 (resized).jpg

#232 6 years ago

Check the cables are screwed in tightly.

#233 6 years ago
Quoted from johninc:

Is your bluetooth dongle present? It has been reported as missing in some games.

Yes dongle is present, I took it out and put it back in to update the Code.

#234 6 years ago
Quoted from Cloud7:

So, it looks like my phone has gotten blurry and washed out now. I've already power cycled and it's not getting better. The count down during modes can barely be seen. Any ideas?

When your game is on, try unplugging and reseating the VGA cable that runs to the phone, either in the back box or at the base of the phone. Does the phone then run through the VGA sequence and fix the issue? If so, you have the same/similar issue that I do with my phone. I'm currently trying to resolve it through JJP. I'll post an update here when available.

#235 6 years ago

Ver 1.52 is out

http://159.203.76.48/di/di_update_152.zip

==============================================================================
== Jersey Jack Pinball, Inc. ==
== Presents ==
== Dialed In ==
== http://www.jerseyjackpinball.com/ ==
== Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/JerseyJackPinball ==
== Support Portal: http://support.jerseyjackpinball.com ==
== Company Twitter: @JJPinball ==
== Software Department Twitter: @JJPSoftware ==
== Copyright � 2017 Jersey Jack Pinball, Inc. ==

Comments, questions, and/or bug reports? Ask @JJPSoftware, which is monitored
and responded by humans.

Issues with your game?
Please open a ticket: http://support.jerseyjackpinball.com

== Legend ==

+ Addition * Change/bugfix - Note

== Version 1.52 November 30, 2017 ==

=== Game Code

* Fixed score display bug triggered by tilting in a multi-player game
* Fixed Chaos Multiball becoming unavailable after player a Quick Multiball
* Fixed a crash bug that happens when Big Bang difficulty is changed
+ Added adjustment for Theater Magnet catch behavior

=== Core Code

* Fixed audio mixing issue that resulted in distorted sounds
* Fixed ball tracking error caused by losing ball from lockup during ballsaver
+ Added CUSTOMIZATION sub-menu under UTILITIES in Diagnostics
* Changed timing of Self Test Report display at power up

== Version 1.50 October 31, 2017 ==

- KNOWN ISSUES:
Tilting in a multi-player game can cause the other player's score display to
run up forever. (This is a display issue, not a scoring problem.)
Starting a Quick Multiball when Chaos in Quantum City is lit can take away
the chance to play Chaos in Quantum City.

=== Game Code

+ Added Test Report message for BT dongle not present
* Updated some choreography for Chaos in Quantum City mode
+ Added design team selfies in attract mode
* Added some new graphics and sound effects
* Fixed Crazy Mode display effects hanging around during wizard modes

=== Core Code

+ Added check for switches stuck closed/open at power up
+ Added check for any opto switch working at power up; multiball devices will
not kick if no opto switch working
+ Added display message at power up if Test Report error detected
* Trough will abandon kicking after a while
+ Added check for all trough switches closed (including jam); trough will not
kick when this condition detected (likely a failure of the trough board);
game will not start during this condition, and a Trough Error message is
displayed
* Multiball devices will abandon kicking with coin door open now; abandoned
devices will kick when door is closed
* Turned on Test Report "dot" Paid Play preset

#236 6 years ago

+ Added adjustment for Theater Magnet catch behavior

THANKS!

#237 6 years ago

I just ran the update and the version still says v1.50 (not v1.52).

My botch...first JJP delta update (needed to unzip the update on the USB...not copy over the contents).

snaroff

#238 6 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

When your game is on, try unplugging and reseating the VGA cable that runs to the phone, either in the back box or at the base of the phone.

LTG is this recommended?

#239 6 years ago
Quoted from johninc:

is this recommended?

I wouldn't do it. You can call JJP and ask the service manager, ext 1

LTG : )

#240 6 years ago

Can somebody from JJP explain the PARTIAL setting for Theater Magnet catch behavior?

#241 6 years ago
Quoted from JWJr:

Can somebody from JJP explain the PARTIAL setting for Theater Magnet catch behavior?

Please subscribe to the JJP customer "newsgroup" om googlegroups. There you will find a full description. I will not copy and paste, its not my posting ...

#242 6 years ago

Partial - ball catches on magnet for drone mystery and showdown only, otherwise not.

#243 6 years ago
Quoted from TomDK:

Please subscribe to the JJP customer "newsgroup" om googlegroups. There you will find a full description. I will not copy and paste, its not my posting ...

Link, please?

#245 6 years ago

.. and you have to contact Jen to get an invitation to the group !

#246 6 years ago
Quoted from TomDK:

.. and you have to contact Jen to get an invitation to the group !

Hmm. I never contacted Jen (or anyone @ JJP for an invitation). Odd.

#247 6 years ago

Okay ... I thought for the groups was an invitation needet. However .. than just subscribe ...

#248 6 years ago

My phone randomly goes blank, a power cycle fixes this but it is pretty annoying. I double checked to make sure the cables are securely mounted and I think this is a software issue. Does anyone else have this issue? Can it be fixed with software patch maybe 1.53?

Love this game!

Pinball Poetry Corner:
JJP,
3-4-3,
soon2be,
4-4-4

#249 6 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

My phone randomly goes blank, a power cycle fixes this but it is pretty annoying. I double checked to make sure the cables are securely mounted and I think this is a software issue. Does anyone else have this issue? Can it be fixed with software patch maybe 1.53?
Love this game!
Pinball Poetry Corner:
JJP,
3-4-3,
soon2be,
4-4-4

Happened to me once during a 2 player game. The phone displayed garbage for awhile before going blank. My son recorded what happened...

https://www.icloud.com/sharedalbum/#B0dJr1PPdJpUJ7x

Was really relieved when the phone came back after a power cycle!

snaroff

#250 6 years ago
Quoted from johninc:

ltg is this recommended?

As far as I understand, the computer in DI is essentially a home PC running Linux. There is no way removing and reseating a VGA cable while the machine is on will hurt anything. In fact, it just sends a message to the computer to redetect the new device. Your only risk would be bending the pins in the plug. Just be sure to put it straight back in without forcing it and you'll be fine. I've reseated the cable about 20 times without issue as I can't stand the phone having ugly colors.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
There are 277 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-150-code-and-bugs/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.