B044A431-4A40-47D1-89FE-B7746EDF864B (resized).jpeg
4ECAC1ED-C4EA-4020-8725-37276A75BD0A (resized).jpeg
8C13E1B3-1A6F-444F-A282-D3624E4270A1 (resized).jpeg
FD64AB44-606E-4AC4-973B-65BFE068F179 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3876 (resized).JPG
2017-11-02 17.05.39.jpg
IMG_4713 (resized).JPG
IMG_20171101_180102 (resized).jpg
There are 277 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 6.
#101 6 years ago

Anyone have Bluetooth working?

#102 6 years ago
Quoted from Stepan:

Unless you turn on Sim card memory, do not have a tilt bob installed, had the best game of your life, or is a pinball god this is not that significant. Our location DI had a grand total of 1 Showdown played, ever, since it was delivered, and I was there for it.

1 Showdown? You guys suck. I almost got to the 2nd one on this game (without SIM memory, with tilt bob):

2017-11-02 17.05.39.jpg2017-11-02 17.05.39.jpg

Note to self: wear shirt when taking selfie pix. Gotta see if there's a way to remove _one_ pic...

Quoted from hank527:

Not on 1.50, no. The changelog says there should be a new version of the JJP app for Bluetooth compatability, but there's nothing on Google Play newer than May.

#103 6 years ago

+ Added design team selfies in attract mode. Has anyone seen this? Watched the attract mode for 10 minuets, didn't see any pics

#104 6 years ago
Quoted from Stepan:

Do you shoot for that or do you try to collect your lit simcard worth 100k? If you dont have a sim card, do you shoot theater over shooting B-O-B targets to relight kickback or QED to light phone? What has been your biggest score from spider, kilowatt, etc value?

Have access to one at the arcade. It took us a few games to even game to Chaos in Quantum City, and before we did, none of us noted any significant score changes. As a competition player, from my experience and everything I watch and read, you score significant points in the most linear fashion from any Pat Lawlor, modern Stern or JJP game ever.
I was hoping that this update would remove some of this linearity, but instead it added another wizard mode tied to doing modes, and ability to score a bit more points in the modes.

Unless you turn on Sim card memory, do not have a tilt bob installed, had the best game of your life, or is a pinball god this is not that significant. Our location DI had a grand total of 1 Showdown played, ever, since it was delivered, and I was there for it.

Whatever adjective you use to describe it, they weren't significantly (or at all?) changed in 1.5, so my point stands.

Dude I thought you would be playing your super cool Star Wars!

#105 6 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Dude I thought you would be playing your super cool Star Wars!

Dude I thought this was a Dialed In code and bugs thread!

#106 6 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

The new app needs to be released in the app stores before it will work. Still hasn't come out on the Android Play Store....not sure if the Apple version has been released yet or not.

#107 6 years ago
Quoted from brucipher:

The new app needs to be released in the app stores before it will work. Still hasn't come out on the Android Play Store....not sure if the Apple version has been released yet or not.

iOS version (https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/jersey-jack-pinball/id1201400958) came out today.

#108 6 years ago

The lighting effects in the new Chaos in Quantum City mode are intense...like, too intense. It's like they invented a Winter Is Coming Hurry Up MB.

Is that something that can be turned down in settings somewhere?

#109 6 years ago
Quoted from Stepan:

Dude I thought this was a Dialed In code and bugs thread!

I really think u need to play the game well, and for a while in order to appreciate the new code...its very different..unlike your SWLE (which I have) JJP does a very good job on code creation, and updates....

#110 6 years ago
Quoted from ryanwanger:

The lighting effects in the new Chaos in Quantum City mode are intense...like, too intense. It's like they invented a Winter Is Coming Hurry Up MB.

I absolutely love it lol...

#111 6 years ago

No luck for me on install. Sigh I'll go home and try another stick. I've always had troubles with JJP updates.

IMG_3876 (resized).JPGIMG_3876 (resized).JPG

#112 6 years ago

This is a full update. Leave the stick in and and power off and on the machine.

#113 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballkyle:

No luck for me on install. Sigh I'll go home and try another stick. I've always had troubles with JJP updates.

Did you do a full update? Turn off the machine, remove the blue tooth dongle, plug in your stick, and then power on, and wait about 10 minutes....mine didt really do anything during the update (all screens were blank, but I could tell it was downloading since my stick was lighting up)....after about 10 minutes the game booted..

#114 6 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I really think u need to play the game well, and for a while in order to appreciate the new code

I played or watched 15-ish games, including two or three trips to the new mini-wizard mode, and several million+ games. All I noticed was said mini-wizard mode, and the overcharging rules for QED. What else is there, meaningfully?

(Not trying to be a jerk...but want to know what other things I was missing).

#115 6 years ago
Quoted from ryanwanger:

I played or watched 15-ish games, including two or three trips to the new mini-wizard mode, and several million+ games. All I noticed was said mini-wizard mode, and the overcharging rules for QED. What else is there, meaningfully?
(Not trying to be a jerk...but want to know what other things I was missing).

Lots of new lighting effects, new callouts/music/sounds, new features, scoring balances, bug fixes, mini wizard and many other little things. Game really didn't need much more imo... but every little addition makes it that much better.

#116 6 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Did you do a full update? Turn off the machine, remove the blue tooth dongle, plug in your stick, and then power on, and wait about 10 minutes....mine didt really do anything during the update (all screens were blank, but I could tell it was downloading since my stick was lighting up)....after about 10 minutes the game booted..

Oh dang! Lol that's probably all I needed to do! Thanks guys!

#117 6 years ago
Quoted from epotech:

I had problems with my sandisk extreme stick. Turns out it doesn't like usb3 compatible sticks. Used a pny 16gb and it all went fine.

Nope. Works fine with all the USB3 sticks I've tried in it (including a Sandisk extreme). That's what I used.

#118 6 years ago
Quoted from ryanwanger:

I turned all the lighting to dim in the settings.

#119 6 years ago

Sorry, wrong thread.

#120 6 years ago

For those having issues installing (and not recognizing your stick) - make sure your stick is formatted properly. Not sure how it needs to be formatted on MAC, but on a PC it needs to be formatted as FAT32.

The first time I tried it, the microSD card I had (I have a USB adapter for them) could only be formatted as "eXFAT" - there was no FAT32 option. Tried that microSD and it didn't work. Found an older microSD card, formatted it as FAT32, and installed like butter.

#121 6 years ago

I just updated after pushing the usb extension into the pc properly, now my phone screen is completely blank. I've rebooted 3 times and its still dead.

#122 6 years ago

I've updated again, still no phone screen. Checked connection to screen/pc both ends, rebooted multiple times, still no phone screen. I'm on the verge of going back to 1.13.

#123 6 years ago

Has anyone else experienced the station 3 lock keeps the ball at the end of game and i can start another even when the ball is in the lock

#124 6 years ago

Woo-hoo!

Bluetooth works...download app today.

Tim

#125 6 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

Has anyone else experienced the station 3 lock keeps the ball at the end of game and i can start another even when the ball is in the lock

Its normal and it keeps track ....
Edit.....Actually mine does release them at end of game now...... maybe its a setting?

#126 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Its normal and it keeps track ....
Edit.....Actually mine does release them at end of game now...... maybe its a setting?

Pretty sure it's a setting.

#127 6 years ago

I tried the new app, I have an iphone 7 plus. Just says "Searching for game" and after alittle while, says cannot find with a retry button. What am I doing wrong?

#128 6 years ago
Quoted from tryton1000:

I tried the new app, I have an iphone 7 plus. Just says "Searching for game" and after alittle while, says cannot find with a retry button. What am I doing wrong?

Are you holding down the left flipper on the machine and on the app after you start a game to pair the two devices?

#129 6 years ago
Quoted from brucipher:

Are you holding down the left flipper on the machine and on the app after you start a game to pair the two devices?

With 1.13, that would work to connect the phone to the pin, but it wouldn't _stay_ connected for more than half a minute or so. With 1.50, I can't even get the old Android version to connect, and the new version (to match the new IOS version) isn't available yet.

#130 6 years ago
Quoted from JWJr:

With 1.13, that would work to connect the phone to the pin, but it wouldn't stay_ connected for more than half a minute or so. With 1.50, I can't even get the old Android version to connect, and the new version (to match the new IOS version) isn't available yet.

Yeah - I keep watching for the Android version.

#131 6 years ago

So you still have to hold down the left flipper buttons of the machine and the app?

#132 6 years ago
Quoted from tryton1000:

So you still have to hold down the left flipper buttons of the machine and the app?

I didn't see anything in the release notes or JJP posts that indicated the pairing process had changed...so I assume that is a yes.

#133 6 years ago

As a reminder...here is the process for connecting the phone to the machine (per the Dialed In QuickStart Guide):

CONNECTING TO THE JERSEY JACK PINBALL APP
After starting a new game & before you launch your first ball,
press and hold the LEFT flipper button on the game cabinet AND
on the App screen. Game will display a message on the monitor if
player login was successful. Bluetooth on device must be enabled!

#134 6 years ago
Quoted from brucipher:

As a reminder...here is the process for connecting the phone to the machine (per the Dialed In QuickStart Guide):

Thanks, I will try it when I get home!

#135 6 years ago
Quoted from brucipher:

Used to sort of work sometimes on 1.13. Cannot get this to work at all with 1.50 and the updated app on an iphone 6 plus.

#136 6 years ago

My brother came over to play today, he was able to connect without issue, He has the new iPhone 8 plus. I really hope they fix this issue.

#137 6 years ago

The old JJP app used to crash on launch for me every time. With the new 1.50 code and updated app, I can control the game with my phone no problem.

I started multiball with my phone yesterday and it said “remote control” when it started. Love all the attention to detail in this game!

#138 6 years ago

Still waiting for the Android app...

#139 6 years ago
Quoted from KevInBuffalo:

The old JJP app used to crash on launch for me every time. With the new 1.50 code and updated app, I can control the game with my phone no problem.
I started multiball with my phone yesterday and it said “remote control” when it started. Love all the attention to detail in this game!

What phone are you using?

#140 6 years ago

Mine has done it once

#141 6 years ago

Almost forgot, he didnt need to hold any buttons down to connect, he just launched the app, it said searching for Dialed in, then it was connected and he could flip. He did have to start the game first though.

#142 6 years ago
Quoted from tryton1000:

Almost forgot, he didnt need to hold any buttons down to connect, he just launched the app, it said searching for Dialed in, then it was connected and he could flip. He did have to start the game first though.

Nice!

#143 6 years ago
Quoted from tryton1000:

What phone are you using?

iPhone 6 Plus running the latest iOS

#144 6 years ago

Loaded 1.50 code last night, I am loving the new sounds and lighting.

#145 6 years ago

The game will release the balls from the lock when it gets to the "Game Over" screen. If you start a new game before that point, the balls will remain in the lock, and the game keeps track of where the balls are.

(For what it's worth, Oz has a setting that controls this behavior, which defaults to "NO". I'll be sure to start a discussion on Monday with the rest of the software team to standardize the behavior across the product line.)

#147 6 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Loaded 1.50 code last night, I am loving the new sounds and lighting.

I really love what a full RGB play field does for light shows. Even small stuff, Like the blue wash when you hit a bob target.

#148 6 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

Where is the usb port? Pics?

Don’t have a picture, but the extension cable is tied down to the wood wall behind the coin box on the left side. With the play field down, looking in the door hole, you won’t see it because it’s behind the slide rails.

#149 6 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Don’t have a picture, but the extension cable is tied down to the wood wall behind the coin box on the left side. With the play field down, looking in the door hole, you won’t see it because it’s behind the slide rails.

Thanks, I got everything to work. I am butthead.

#150 6 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

I really love what a full RGB play field does for light shows. Even small stuff, Like the blue wash when you hit a bob target.

Agreed, the way the playfield lighting pulsates in attract mode is mesmerizing! Nice job on this update JJP!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Lighting - Led
Lermods

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Raleigh, NC
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 22.50
7,275 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Olanta, PA
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Hampshire, IL
Flipper Parts
FlipMods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 277 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-150-code-and-bugs/page/3?hl=tryton1000 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.