B044A431-4A40-47D1-89FE-B7746EDF864B (resized).jpeg
4ECAC1ED-C4EA-4020-8725-37276A75BD0A (resized).jpeg
8C13E1B3-1A6F-444F-A282-D3624E4270A1 (resized).jpeg
FD64AB44-606E-4AC4-973B-65BFE068F179 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3876 (resized).JPG
2017-11-02 17.05.39.jpg
IMG_4713 (resized).JPG
IMG_20171101_180102 (resized).jpg
There are 277 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 6.
#51 6 years ago

Was testing 1.45/1.46 for few weeks now and loved it. Played 1.50 tonight and they added even more lighting, music/sounds, callouts and tweaked some other stuff. What a great game that keeps getting better. Thanks for the hard work jjp team

#52 6 years ago

I’ve tried two different usb sticks, imaged on both Mac and Windows, but the game never detects the thing to boot into the upgrade.

Updating for future reader sake: The system just didn't like the 2 SanDisk USB sticks I tried. Same process with a different brand USB Stick worked as expected -- via the extension cable to the front where the bluetooth nub normally is.

#53 6 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

I’ve tried two different usb sticks, imaged on both Mac and Windows, but the game never detects the thing to boot into the upgrade.

U using the unetbooting program?

#54 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

U using the unetbooting program?

Yep. That part seems To go normally every time.

#55 6 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Yep. That part seems To go normally every time.

If my computer incompetent butt can to it anyone can lmao...

#56 6 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

I’ve tried two different usb sticks,

What types and size ? It doesn't like some, and too big is an issue too.

LTG : )

#57 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

What types and size ? It doesn't like some, and too big is an issue too.

They’re both 8gig that I tried so far. I use them for colordmd stuff all the time. I think they’re both sandisk brand, but different ‘models’

#58 6 years ago

Have you tried it on a different USB port? Could be a bad port.

#59 6 years ago

I used a 32GB Sony stick and updated my standard with no issues. First JJP code update for me.

#60 6 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

I think they’re both sandisk brand

JJP pins have had issues with sandisk in the past.

I've had success with PYN 8 or 16 GB ones.

#61 6 years ago
Quoted from TheArrrrrcade:

Updated and now the screen looks like garbage. Resetting made it better but it went from too little blue to too much blue...

Wiggle the connector to the screen.

#62 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

JJP pins have had issues with sandisk in the past.
I've had success with PYN 8 or 16 GB ones.

I think they probably had issues with FAKE Sandisk sticks. There are SO MANY out there.

#63 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I think they probably had issues with FAKE Sandisk sticks. There are SO MANY out there.

Good point. When I run into tech support on things like this. No way of knowing what is really being used.

Thank you.

#64 6 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

My DI isn't detecting the USB stick either. Frustrating.

#65 6 years ago

My phone screen got messed up after playing on 1.50 for about a half hour. Power cycle fixed it and it never did this before on 1.13, so looks likely to be a software bug...

#66 6 years ago

I finally got it with a different USB stick. Fun upgrade! I'll need to really dig in over the coming days.

#67 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Good point. When I run into tech support on things like this. No way of knowing what is really being used.
Thank you.

Even if you get them from reputable companies like Best Buy, they can still be fake, as they had an entire shipment of them go into their stores before detecting it. One reason I will not buy Sandisk from Ebay, Amazon 3rd party, etc as the potential for them to be fake is off the charts.

#68 6 years ago

I had problems with my sandisk extreme stick. Turns out it doesn't like usb3 compatible sticks. Used a pny 16gb and it all went fine.

#69 6 years ago

Custom Attract Mode graphic goodness.

IMG_4713 (resized).JPGIMG_4713 (resized).JPG

#70 6 years ago

Cracked open a cheap lexar 16g clearly labeled USB 2 this morning and it worked fine. Victory!

#71 6 years ago

Define "messed up". The graphics on my phone got washed out and were barely visible. Power cycle fixed it. That was on 1.13.

Ron...

Quoted from andre060:

My phone screen got messed up after playing on 1.50 for about a half hour. Power cycle fixed it and it never did this before on 1.13, so looks likely to be a software bug...

#72 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Wiggle the connector to the screen

Didn't open the glass and the only thing that changed was the update. Checked the connector. It's on super tight and screwed down.

Consistently getting off tint on boot, but always slightly different tint. I'll downgrade after league tonight and see if it goes away.

#73 6 years ago

I only had time for one game before work after updating - but there seems to be a bunch of new light effects, which is awesome. I really love when the single flasher cap does multiple colors at once for some dumb reason.

#74 6 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

I really love when the single flasher cap does multiple colors at once for some dumb reason.

^^^THIS!!!!!!

#75 6 years ago

Anybody know what the size is for the attract mode graphic? I haven't put something together for that yet. Would like to use whatever full resolution it'll take.

#76 6 years ago

It probably tells you in the Dialed In manual

Quoted from epthegeek:

Anybody know what the size is for the attract mode graphic? I haven't put something together for that yet. Would like to use whatever full resolution it'll take.

#77 6 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

It probably tells you in the Dialed In manual

The manual says: "It must be in PNG or JPG format and under 2MB in size. Create a folder named “pinballimages” in the root directory of the USB s ck, then copy your graphic(s) into the folder." It doesn't specify what resolution. It'd be nice if it wasn't being resized/resampled.

#78 6 years ago

There's a flash now everytime the camera takes a pic, kind of cool.

#79 6 years ago
Quoted from Gizmonic:

Define "messed up". The graphics on my phone got washed out and were barely visible. Power cycle fixed it. That was on 1.13.

Offset vertically a little bit, and the colors were all wrong/corrupt. I’ll take a photo if it happens again.

#80 6 years ago

According to the hardware screen, the main display is 1920x1080 (1080p), so try a 1920x1080 image and since it supports jpg you can get the filesize down to 2MB.

Quoted from epthegeek:

The manual says: "It must be in PNG or JPG format and under 2MB in size. Create a folder named “pinballimages” in the root directory of the USB s ck, then copy your graphic(s) into the folder." It doesn't specify what resolution. It'd be nice if it wasn't being resized/resampled.

#81 6 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

1360x768 is "native" right now, but it will scale anything (keeping aspect ratio I'm pretty sure).

#82 6 years ago
Quoted from pinball_keefer:

1360x768 is "native" right now, but it will scale anything (keeping aspect ratio I'm pretty sure).

Yes, it preserves the aspect ratio, and will letterbox/pillarbox if needed.

#83 6 years ago
Quoted from pinball_keefer:

Quoted from check_switch_26:

Yes, it preserves the aspect ratio, and will letterbox/pillarbox if needed.

Thanks for the info guys!

#84 6 years ago

I'm loving 1.50 so far, Great job guys! Now if the talking heads got finished, it would feel totally complete.

#85 6 years ago

I'm trying to update via the usb extension cable but my stick isn't being detected. Then I wondered if the bluetooth dongle was working, I can't see any evidence of this, nothing in settings and my mobile isn't finding anything when searching for bluetooth devices. Is there anywhere in the settings where I should be able to see the dongle? I've also read to try a different usb socket on the pc but there aren't any free ones that I can see. I'm more than likely going to have to get a different stick but just wanted to eliminate the extension cable first.

#86 6 years ago

When I pulled the bluetooth module out of the dongle I immediately got an operator alert on the screen. Should tell you if it's working.

#87 6 years ago

"When I pulled the bluetooth module out of the dongle I immediately got an operator alert on the screen. Should tell you if it's working."
that's only on 1.50 I believe

#88 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

U will be pleased with all the new stuff......

Besides new "Mini" wizard mode, and relatively tame overcharge mechanic, what else is new from a gameplay perspective?

Quoted from bigd1979:

Code changed alot of the scoring so u sld reset them anyway imo....

I didn't notice any major score changes. Game is still a linear snoozefest. Hurryups are useless, theater awards are useless, drone area is useless, crazy modes are useless

#89 6 years ago
Quoted from Stepan:

Besides new "Mini" wizard mode, and relatively tame overcharge mechanic, what else is new from a gameplay perspective?

I didn't notice any major score changes. Game is still a linear snoozefest. Hurryups are useless, theater awards are useless, drone area is useless, crazy modes are useless

Go play with your SWLE ,it's so much better,right

#90 6 years ago
Quoted from Stepan:

I didn't notice any major score changes. Game is still a linear snoozefest

Do you even own the machine? There are significant changes...I suggest you play the game

#91 6 years ago
Quoted from Stepan:

Your commentary is useless.

#92 6 years ago
Quoted from Stepan:

Among other important things, you can play Showdown more than once in a game now; under 1.13, the whole SIM card dynamic just shut down after Showdown was played.

Quoted from Stepan:

Theater awards (like all the "holds") are far from useless. The drone area which lights those awards is far from useless. The crazy modes seem to me to be _intended_ to be useless, although LOTTERY can generate some serious points; they're there, I think, to space out the better BOB awards (multipliers and multiballs).

Have you played the new version for more than 2 or 3 minutes?

#93 6 years ago

Clearly the guy hasn't played the game...probably works for Stern

#94 6 years ago

Where should I be looking to see the "Added design team selfies in attract mode"? I would have expected them on the credit scroll...

#95 6 years ago

I had a strange experience (at least to me) when I upgraded my software.

1. Downloaded the new version and formatted on my memory stick
2. removed the bluetooth dongle and plugged in my memory stick
3. Started the machine, and the only thing that lite up was the phone, but it did nothing
4. The machine was clearly downloading the information as I could see lights flashing on my memory stick
5. I kept waiting for the machine to boot up or give me some sign that the machine upgraded the software, but nothing.
6. I waited until the stick stopped flashing (about 10 minutes), shut down the machine, removed the stick, and replaced the bluetooth dongle
7. I started up the machine, and it booted up with the newest version...seems to play normally...

#96 6 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

3. Started the machine, and the only thing that lite up was the phone, but it did nothing

Maybe the info was on the theater screen, inverted because of the mirror and real small.

#97 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Maybe the info was on the theater screen, inverted because of the mirror and real small.

Certainly could have been the case, but I didn't notice it....

#98 6 years ago
Quoted from Stepan:

Hurryups are useless, theater awards are useless, drone area is useless, crazy modes are useless

%s/usless/fun/g

#99 6 years ago
Quoted from Stepan:

Not sure why you're on a pinball forum, you seem to hate pinball.

#100 6 years ago
Quoted from JWJr:

Theater awards (like all the "holds") are far from useless.

Do you shoot for that or do you try to collect your lit simcard worth 100k? If you dont have a sim card, do you shoot theater over shooting B-O-B targets to relight kickback or QED to light phone? What has been your biggest score from spider, kilowatt, etc value?

Quoted from PtownPin:

Do you even own the machine? There are significant changes...I suggest you play the game

Have access to one at the arcade. It took us a few games to even game to Chaos in Quantum City, and before we did, none of us noted any significant score changes. As a competition player, from my experience and everything I watch and read, you score significant points in the most linear fashion from any Pat Lawlor, modern Stern or JJP game ever.

I was hoping that this update would remove some of this linearity, but instead it added another wizard mode tied to doing modes, and ability to score a bit more points in the modes.

Quoted from JWJr:

Among other important things, you can play Showdown more than once in a game now; under 1.13, the whole SIM card dynamic just shut down after Showdown was played.

Unless you turn on Sim card memory, do not have a tilt bob installed, had the best game of your life, or is a pinball god this is not that significant. Our location DI had a grand total of 1 Showdown played, ever, since it was delivered, and I was there for it.

Quoted from epthegeek:

%s/usless/fun/g

Whatever adjective you use to describe it, they weren't significantly (or at all?) changed in 1.5, so my point stands.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Sacramento, CA
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Electronics
Skillshot Combo

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 277 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-150-code-and-bugs/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.