• Latest reply 6 years ago by PinMonk
  • Topic is favorited by 13 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3181 (resized).JPG
stucflo (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thelaw.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#20 6 years ago

I like the idea of Sim card collection with BB. I don;t know if I'd say the BB target is hit that much more than the scoop? That's an interesting question. And each time increasing shot #s to get it lit...do you want to blow it early if it's costing 6 hits to relight it later?
And the game is still new. You know how you get a new TZ owner an they say "That piano is a tough shot!" when if you've been playing forever is like the easiest shot? The shot isn't as flat/flush as piano and visibly isn't as clear; but again it would be interesting to see how easy it gets to us.

#25 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Did anyone know the Quantum Mechanic chick had a name?

Yes; Flow

Yet sneaky ball steal

stucflo (resized).jpgstucflo (resized).jpg

#33 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Did the ball go airborne to get back there?

I three it up the ramp, not playing, to test the BB and it flew back there.

#42 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Has anyone noticed loss of coil power across the board? The ball trough started having trouble getting the ball into the lane, ....

Still new but mine has had off/on troubles with shooter lane since game 1

#50 6 years ago

Ha I thought I was losing my mind with the Bob awards, but it was the bottom 2 lights hooked up wrong from factory. I was wondering why it was giving me weird stuff

#67 6 years ago
Quoted from tryton1000:

How can you tell and how did you fix it?

Run a single LED test mode for those lights...they're all marked "SIGN - ___."

Which brings me to my biggest wish list item, let me goddamn navigate left in any menu to go from the first to the last item listed. I don't want o scroll down through 500 options if i don't have to

#81 6 years ago
Quoted from pinlawyer:

Does anyone else have a ball hangup out the right outlane where the apron attaches to the wireform?

Actually I did, but because i was working under the hood a bunch I just pushed the apron wireform down a bit...so just raise it up a bit and it'll be golden.

Lot of little tweaks here and there. Had to move my lock wireform out a lot to get it to go nicely to the left flipper.

#87 6 years ago
Quoted from ngg:

I'm not sure if this is the same problem mentioned......

Quoted from Pinballomatic:

Perhaps is dropping gently into the skill shot hole but hanging up on the switch thus the kicker can't reach it to kick it out.

This for sure...my game does it all the time; need to get in there and adjust it myself.

#94 6 years ago
Quoted from Vdrums:

So does that mean that even buying a NIB machine still requires being a tinkered? Not that I mind, But it seems like the more a learn about this hobby, it appears to me that whatever direction I go, a pinball machine Requires tweaking and maintenance. Am I wrong?

Yes it will most likely. Some more than others, mostly simple things here and there. This doesn't always mean you need to be a real in depth tinkerer though.
The issue it's a complex machine with thousands of tiny little parts in it, and quite frankly they don't always like traveling thousands of miles in a truck or boat. It isn;t like a PlayStation console which are just a collection of computer boards with nothing happening, there are real parts moving around all the time, and being hit with a steel ball zooming around.

You'll also find the tinkering is a part many people like. And luckily, one of the main points of Pinside is poeple helping each other tinker with them and fix them if they need it.

#98 6 years ago
Quoted from ryanwanger:

Sometimes EMP does fling the ball up through the theater every time you shoot it. But the next time you play, it might drop it straight down every time. Confusing.

It's almost like the EMP is causing irregularities in the Electro Magnetic field

#101 6 years ago
Quoted from ryanwanger:

Yes, yes...I suppose. But it doesn't mix and match. It's all one way or the other - feels more like a bug.

I mean it would be more "irregular" changing each time I agree.

Fix? I didn't see the right inlane hurry up noted anywhere; what's the deal with it? It says to hit the right ramp but there is no red light lit on that shot.

2 weeks later
#104 6 years ago

Jesus what a battle to get in the back box... Anyway my game smoked the J106 fuse and I don't have any of these baby fuses... What's everyone using like an old school silver dime?

1 month later
#116 6 years ago
Quoted from Zampinator:

Quick question from a new D.I. owner. How do light the Quantum Theater? I've not seen a single animation in there.
Thanks,
Zamp

Should be lit A LOT

Left inlane will light hurry up there
Hit enough drones on the right
Many modes use it
bob mode lottery uses it etc etc...there's quite a few so it should be too hard.

#141 6 years ago
Quoted from JMK:

Bigd, do you recommend anything? It's not that I can't make the shots but the flippers don't feel nearly as strong as my other pins do.
Perhaps that's just the way it is; and I was just looking to confirm either way.

Personally I would agree with you but it seems to vary greatly by machine. There's plenty of people, myself included, whoms right flipper seems pretty soft. Mine is turned up all the way and still can;t make many left loop to upper flipper shot; and never strong. Lot of left ramp rejects, you gotta hit it on the left side of the ramp, but i haven't seen others.

#143 6 years ago
Quoted from JMK:

I wonder if a flipper re-build would help; or if JJP will consider increasing the flipper strength up to 32 as they already have this built into their settings menu?
Any thoughts on putting in stronger flipper coils? Could this be a viable option?
I can still hit all the shots- with the left loop loop to upper flipper being the toughest for sure.

Yeah I forget who but someone said a full flipper rebuild did the trick on the right, and that's what I plan on doing. I already got in there and took it apart replaced the sleeve but that didn't do anything.
I'm not at the point of changing coil strength as this issue seems to be in the minority. People have also suggested there might be something hanging the ball up in the orbit but the flipper feels weak before that to me.

#146 6 years ago
Quoted from johninc:

Wasn't that recommended after the sim hole chipping was noticed and before the protectors were installed? I turned my upper flipper down until I installed the protector, then turned it back up.

Apprently it chips no matter what so whom knows.

#148 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Mine came factory at 15.... i can make shot just fine.

My upper is fine also.

1 week later
#158 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I feel like I can only mess it up! I try to avoid taking a knife to the playfield if not necessary ; )

Let's grow up a bit and believe in yourself.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Raleigh, NC
7,275 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Olanta, PA
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball

$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Flipper Parts
FlipMods

Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

$ 22.50
7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Martinez, GA
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

7,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Carlisle, PA
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thelaw.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-113-bugs-and-features?tu=thelaw and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.